GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Applied green card for my parents. Here is the time line.
9/24/09 -- Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (I130, I485, I765, I131)
10/1/09 -- Got NOA
10/12/09 -- Got notice for FP
10/15/09 -- Got RFE on I-485 for Birth Certificates.

I had attached two affidavits for Birth certificate, now they are asking for a letter from Government authorities that, saying that the birth record does not exist and the records for that time period and place are not available.
Can I go the Indian Consulate and get a letter from them stating the same. Does Indian Consulate issue such letters. I heard they issue the Birth certificate based on the information on the passport, but do they put the words that the records were not available before 1970 or some thing like that. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for all your help

The certificate of non-availability should probably come from the local jurisdiction. The consulate will probably only attest such a document and not issue one. Worth a try however.

Can I go the Indian Consulate and get a letter from them stating the same. Does Indian Consulate issue such letters. I heard they issue the Birth certificate based on the information on the passport, but do they put the words that the records were not available before 1970 or some thing like that.

virat,

If the applicant was born prior to June 2, 1969, Indian embassy (in NY atleast) issues non-availability certificate (which has been accepted in my case). I am not sure about other Indian embassies in US. Try with your nearest embassy.

There are quite a few posts related to this subject on this forum, pls take time to read them. The forum best serves the purpose if older posts are referred to save time and reposting.

Good luck.

Applied green card for my parents. Here is the time line.
9/24/09 -- Mailed to Chicago Lockbox (I130, I485, I765, I131)
10/1/09 -- Got NOA
10/12/09 -- Got notice for FP
10/15/09 -- Got RFE on I-485 for Birth Certificates.

I had attached two affidavits for Birth certificate, now they are asking for a letter from Government authorities that, saying that the birth record does not exist and the records for that time period and place are not available.
Can I go the Indian Consulate and get a letter from them stating the same. Does Indian Consulate issue such letters. I heard they issue the Birth certificate based on the information on the passport, but do they put the words that the records were not available before 1970 or some thing like that. Please advise.

Thanks in advance for all your help

intend to deny

yesterday I receive a letter of "intend to deny" and allowed another month to return my father i-693 medical and vaccination form which was initially send along with original application as well as RFE request.However it seems like our doctor is using a old form which has beeen expired.He needed to use the latest version of form.now i am gonna call him to find out what form he was using and let you know the outcome.

For the documents such as birth certificates to be sent with form DS-230, do they need to be translated & certified from the original country or they can be translated here in the US following the certification procedure set by the USCIS?

Thank you.

Hello,
I have question about applying for my mom's GC. I'm a US citizen and want to sponsor my mom so she can be close to her grandchildren (my sister's children). She has visited many times and my sister always sponsored her visitor visa ( sister has GC ). She will visit again in December and this time I want to send the application for her to get GC. I live in Connecticut and my sister in California. Here are some questions.
1. Is it Okay if my sister sponsors her visitor Visa and I applied GC for her later?
2. Do the medical exam and finger print have to be done in the state where I'm located (CT)? As my mom will live with my sister in CA during the waiting period, I don't want her to come here just for the medical. But I don't want the application to be jeopardized when the officer figures out that she does not live with me. I think that finger print might have to be done here in CT. But if she can at least get her medical done in CA that would make it much easier for her.
Thanks in advance!
Wendi

Hello,
I have question about applying for my mom's GC. I'm a US citizen and want to sponsor my mom so she can be close to her grandchildren (my sister's children). She has visited many times and my sister always sponsored her visitor visa ( sister has GC ). She will visit again in December and this time I want to send the application for her to get GC. I live in Connecticut and my sister in California. Here are some questions.
1. Is it Okay if my sister sponsors her visitor Visa and I applied GC for her later?
2. Do the medical exam and finger print have to be done in the state where I'm located (CT)? As my mom will live with my sister in CA during the waiting period, I don't want her to come here just for the medical. But I don't want the application to be jeopardized when the officer figures out that she does not live with me. I think that finger print might have to be done here in CT. But if she can at least get her medical done in CA that would make it much easier for her.
Thanks in advance!
Wendi

First of all, what exactly is "sponsoring visitor visa"? Are you talking about writing a letter of invitation and declaring that the "sponsor" will bear all financial responsibilities? Well, if that's what you mean - they don't have ANY validity as far as immigration is concerned.

1. Yes, it's okay - she can come here on B2 and later file to adjust status.

2. I think USCIS would like to see the beneficiary and the petitioner live in the same household since she will be petitioned under family category, however, I don't know if it is a requirement.

Which is faster: applying for Mom's GC from India or US

Hi,

I didnt find a thread in this category clearly listing which process is faster: Applying for my mother's Green Card from India or when she is in US.

Thanks.

At this time, AOS is definitely faster than CP (not considering RFEs etc).

Hi,

I didnt find a thread in this category clearly listing which process is faster: Applying for my mother's Green Card from India or when she is in US.

Thanks.

Today my mom had her FP appointment. She had a small cut on her index finger by the nail. The lady said they will re-schedule the appointment. I am thinking about taking her back as soon as we recive the second appointment letter as walk in.

Anybody know if the new orleans office welcomes walk in in this type of cases?

Where should i MAIL the Documents

Hello All,

I am new to forum. I am a USC and applying for my Mother GC and i have to submit the following applications right and also do i send all these documents to the same address or will i send each one of them to different addressess. Also can i put all these in one envelope or separate envelopes for each form. Please let me know.

I -130
I -485
I -131
I -864
G-325

Thanks in advance, APRUSCIND.

Most of your questions are already answered. Pls refer to first page of this thread. All the forms can be sent together in one envelope and to one (correct) address.

Pls note the CP processing is different from AOS processing. I am guessing yours is AOS.

Good luck.

Hello All,

I am new to forum. I am a USC and applying for my Mother GC and i have to submit the following applications right and also do i send all these documents to the same address or will i send each one of them to different addressess. Also can i put all these in one envelope or separate envelopes for each form. Please let me know.

I -130
I -485
I -131
I -864
G-325

Thanks in advance, APRUSCIND.

Thank you gvjagan. I will check the first page. It is AOS as my mom is here is USA.

I have few more..

On I-130 : C: Information about relative ( Do i need to put US addr or India Addr)

On I-485:
a) Part2: Which box should i select?
b) Part3: NonImmigrant Visa# ( Is this Control Number or the Red Number on the bottom of Visa page )

My father passed away last year. Do i need to submit Affidavits for marriage along with the application or just the DEATH Certificate would do. Also do i need to mention ( Late when writing my father's name or husband's name when my mother has to ).

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance, APRUSCIND

Most of your questions are already answered. Pls refer to first page of this thread. All the forms can be sent together in one envelope and to one (correct) address.

Pls note the CP processing is different from AOS processing. I am guessing yours is AOS.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
CP is also faster these days...if you look in VisaJourney.com it is taking around 4 months for CP...hope this helps..

Hi,

Thanks.

I will answer your question in bold as I was in similar situation. I just said "Deceased" against my father's name wherever his name appeared. I didn't have to submit the death certificate nor marriage certificate.

Other questions, you can find answers elsewhere in this thread.

Thank you gvjagan. I will check the first page. It is AOS as my mom is here is USA.

I have few more..

On I-130 : C: Information about relative ( Do i need to put US addr or India Addr)

On I-485:
a) Part2: Which box should i select?
b) Part3: NonImmigrant Visa# ( Is this Control Number or the Red Number on the bottom of Visa page )

My father passed away last year. Do i need to submit Affidavits for marriage along with the application or just the DEATH Certificate would do. Also do i need to mention ( Late when writing my father's name or husband's name when my mother has to ).

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance, APRUSCIND

Better to petition for parents in the US or in Canada

My parent's are Canadian Citizens and I'm a US citizen. I would like to petition for them to get GC and move to the US. I was wondering if would it be quicker to tell them to come to the US and do an adjustment of status, or do the process in Vancouver, Canada. Any input would be much appreciated.

Hi,

My sister is a citizen and she applied GC for my parents who are in India.She applied for I-130 in April and it was approved in 2 months.Later they sent the form DS-3032 with my brother-in-law as agent.He now has to fill the form I-864 and is in the process of doing so.Meanwhile my parents would like to visit USA.They'll be coming in December.My question is what will happen to the process?I read that there will be a police inquiry.What will happen to that?We do not want to jeopardize the GC process.Is it ok for them to visit USA?Any suggestions/insights/advice welcome.Thanks..

Card production ordered

i just received a e mail that Card production ordered.good luck to everyone on this proccess.