FP to IL Tracker (all DO's)

I called USCIS today and spoke to a 2nd level officer as usual. He was explaining me about the meaning of YCL (as if I don't know) and was about to hangup the phone. I quickly told him that wasn't my main concern but the interview schedule delay. Then he says, " you should receive the IL before Jan 20th". I asked him if he meant that my interview date was fixed for Jan 20th and he says, " yes, you should receive the IL before Jan 20th". The guy seem to be in a hurry to hangup the phone after that. The way he said YES, sounded like he wasn't saying yes specifically to my question. It was like, yes, you will hear something before Jan 20th. Can anybody possibly make any sense of it please?

I think he just brought that out of his A**...go to an Infopass and said thats what you got told and wanted to make sure because you are traveling for the holidays.

I also called the 1800 number again, spoke to a 2nd level IO and was told again that my case is still sitting at NBC, no further info, just that. I have to wait another month in order to submit a service request.... This is beyond frustrating!

Finally it happened. Received mobile text alert at 4:15 AM (CST) this morning. Checked status and there it was, "case transferred to local office......". I guess the IO I spoke to day before was right about Jan 20th deadline for IL even though he wasn't nice for conversation. I will switch back to Chicago DO timeline thread after receiving IL in the mail. Thanks everyone who gave advice during last 3 months.

Also, I received call yesterday from my Senator's office (to verify some personal info with me) saying that they send an email to USCIS regarding my case and waiting for reply. Don't know if it helped or if my case moved to interview without it.

Maria 1, considering your timeline and mine, I suggest you give it one more week to 10 days before you contact your local representative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spiderman03, I'm really happy for you that your case finally moved on! I'll join in prayers that the rest of process will go smoothly for you!!
By the way, yesterday I passed interview and now waiting to take an oath on 12/30. I'm so happy!! I posted my experience in Garden City thread.

Spiderman03, I'm really happy for you that your case finally moved on! I'll join in prayers that the rest of process will go smoothly for you!!
By the way, yesterday I passed interview and now waiting to take an oath on 12/30. I'm so happy!! I posted my experience in Garden City thread.

I was following your timeline and other postings for a while before I got distracted by the delay in my interview schedule. I am hoping to have a smooth interview (may be Jan 20th) and be in time for the Jan 28th oath in Chicago.

I am happy that you finished your interview. What a nice way to enter new year as US citizen. Good luck to you. You are done with the process anyway.

Also, thank you for the message. More than the interview, the responses I got is keeping my spirits high.

FP done on 12/1, verified via e-mail (liason@leo.gov) that FP result was sent back to USCIS same day (12/1), case status e-mail update 12/9 transferred to local office for standard interview, had another LUD today. I'll post again when I get my IL/ID

Spider man: I am glad........blessing!
Tobias: Congratulations...UR speeding!

DO: NYC (Federal Plaza)
09/12/2009: N400 sent
09/14/2009: N400 Received + Priority date
09/21/2009: NOA received + Check cleared
10/02/2009: FP Done
11/07/2009: Sent for Standard Interview
11/21/2009: IL received (No YL received)
12/07/2009: ID at 26 Federal Plaza (11:15 am) Passed!!!!

Status Update

Got IL today... updating status and leaving the thread.. willcontinue to post on the Newark thread..

Thanks
09/24/09: N400 Mailed Lewisville,TX(USPS)
09/28/09: N-400 Received
09/29/09: NOA date and PD
09/29/09: Check cashed
10/09/09: RFE ( checked online..)
10/07/09: FP notice date
10/10/09: FP notice received
10/24/09: FP appointment – DONE!
12/09/09: Status Update (email) case has been sent for a standard interview (NO YL yet)
12/12/09: IL received
01/12/10: ID

Received IL in the mail today. Updating status and leaving this thread now. Moving back to Chicago DO timeline thread. Thanks.

FP done on 12/1, verified via e-mail (liason@leo.gov) that FP result was sent back to USCIS same day (12/1), case status e-mail update 12/9 transferred to local office for standard interview, had another LUD today. I'll post again when I get my IL/ID

Received IL 12/14/09 (Day 42 since applying) - ID on January 14 in Norfolk

Finally after waiting for such a long time for the interview letter and the interview date, went through the interview today. Here is the update:
My interview experience listed at the link. It was good to have a smooth interview after a rough start waiting for interview date [105th day since the start of the process]. :cool:

Good luck to all waiting on the interview letter and hoping a smooth interview for you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Online my case status

Online my case status still shows RFE(For FP), we have received IL (IL only no YL). Do I need to contact 1-800 customer service or local office thru info pass?

This is same with my wife too.

Please advise.

hello everyone

i have been waiting for my IL for quite some time now. it has already been 8 months since my receipt date. i just called USCIS and spoke with a rep. she asked me the same questions that were also asked with my previous follow ups, but with something new this time. she told me since my application is more than the processing time, that she would have to place my inquiry on this "longer than processing time queue". she took my info and all (name, address, email, receipt#, A#, etc.) and told me that someone should contact me within 45 days, or to give them a call as well if i dont receive anything from them. she even gave me a confirmation #. i just wanted to know if anyone on this thread has been on this same route before? just wanted to know if there were any results at all with this route? any info about this would be greatly appreciated. thanks.