Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everone!

This is my first post. I am also doing FTJ for my wife and had a question. Can anyone of you who has gone through this whole process tell if an affidavit of support (form 1-864) is required for follow-to-join. I am asking this as an NVC rep told me on the phone that FTJ cases don't require an affidavit of support. Also, on the NVC visa fee page, it says EXEMPT on the I-864 requirement.

I will really appreciate your reply. Thanks!
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everone!

This is my first post. I am also doing FTJ for my wife and had a question. Can anyone of you who has gone through this whole process tell if an affidavit of support (form 1-864) is required for follow-to-join. I am asking this as an NVC rep told me on the phone that FTJ cases don't require an affidavit of support. Also, on the NVC visa fee page, it says EXEMPT on the I-864 requirement.

I will really appreciate your reply. Thanks!
:)

You do need an Affidavit of Support but not the I-864 but the I-134.

confused on F2J procedure

Hi. can you please help me out. I need specific answers cause information on the web are somehow confusing particularly on the forms to be used (I-824, etc). my wife is currently a nurse in California thru an employment visa and arrived may 2009. She got her GC last month. We got married march 2009 in the phils. and we would like to know if we can be eligible to apply for F2J? Also, i am currently in canada as a permanent resident. would it be possible, to process the application here in toronto.

All answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much and i hope that everyone would be approved and granted visa.:)

Hi,
Even this forum is a bit confusing :(
I have a green card. My question is if I marry an Indian citizen (who is not present in the US, and doesnt have any legal status in the US), is it very problematic for her to immigrate to the US?
I am not married yet.
Is it true that if she were to apply to come to the US while we are engaged (but not yet married), it is straight forward and easy?

It is not problematic but will take a while before she can join you in US as a legal immigrant.

Please check following link for current wait in F2A category:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4587.html

Check following link for process:
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=75783e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Hi,
Even this forum is a bit confusing :(
I have a green card. My question is if I marry an Indian citizen (who is not present in the US, and doesnt have any legal status in the US), is it very problematic for her to immigrate to the US?
I am not married yet.
Is it true that if she were to apply to come to the US while we are engaged (but not yet married), it is straight forward and easy?

I824 info needed

I am from Pakistan and I just got my green card in EB2 catagory. I am trying to do FTJ(I-824) for my wife who is in pakistan. Is there any one who has a recent experience of I-824. Can you please let me know what documents I ned to attah with my I824 application.

sunbeam81

I submitted following documents back in 2004:

1. Cover letter
2. Application form (I-824).
3. Application fees (Check for $195)
4. Copy of I-485 application submitted to USCIS.
5. Copy of approved letter (I-797 C) for I-485.
6. Copy of I-551 Stamp from passport.
7. Copy of Marriage Certificate
8. Biographic Data for Spouse (typed on a paper)

Good day to everyone,

I would like to ask for some information. our case was documentarily completed last july 2009. our category is eb3 priority date march 2006. since we are immediate derivatives of a permanent residents. can we not use the category of f2a. since it is already current.

Tnx.

nzon

Hi Sameer,
I am more or less in the same boat as you are. So, did you finally file under the 2A preference family-based category? Does it not take much longer as compared to employment-based?
Your response would be highly appreciated.

You will need approved I-130 and PD current for F2A.

Good day to everyone,

I would like to ask for some information. our case was documentarily completed last july 2009. our category is eb3 priority date march 2006. since we are immediate derivatives of a permanent residents. can we not use the category of f2a. since it is already current.

Tnx.

nzon

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot guys, this was really helpful.
To answer some of the questions:
- I agree that this decision should not be rushed, that is why I filed my 485 without thinking twice.
- I think I know who I am going to marry and that is why these questions.
- I spoke to my lawyer, he says get married first, get GC approved second, file the follow to join in petetion and she will be here within next 6-8 months, which is OK.

Question is, what is a proper "marriage certificate" and since I am planning to get married from India, where do I get this from.

Also, what do I do after I get the Marriage certificate (which I fail to understand is what), do I file the application for her here or in US Embassy in India.

Thanks again. oynetwork.com

Good day to everyone,

Tnx.

nzon

You mentioned you are EB3 and that means you were filed under employment based visas so you cannot use the PD of F2A since that is a family based visa category and you were not filed under it.

hi all, please can someone tell me more about my situation, i am about getting F2B visa, am not married, i have a fiancee and a child, i know my fiancee is not entitled to follow join, and alos i learnt for my child to be eligible , a marriage must exist at the time of admission to the united states, and as F2B i cant get married until i enter the united states, can anyone tell me if am wrong or will my child be entitled to follow to join benefits. thanks

I am not sure what you can get from India. Any council or any court issuing the marriage certificate should be good. Check with other people from India what they submitted. If your I-485 is pending and wife is in India you can file I-824 for her that is called the consulate processing. Its taking longer than expected these days. Check your PD and the visa availability and also the processing times in your service center. Now there is an added delay at NVC. Add them together and you will know the approximate time it will take.

Good Luck.

Thanks a lot guys, this was really helpful.
To answer some of the questions:
- I agree that this decision should not be rushed, that is why I filed my 485 without thinking twice.
- I think I know who I am going to marry and that is why these questions.
- I spoke to my lawyer, he says get married first, get GC approved second, file the follow to join in petetion and she will be here within next 6-8 months, which is OK.

Question is, what is a proper "marriage certificate" and since I am planning to get married from India, where do I get this from.

Also, what do I do after I get the Marriage certificate (which I fail to understand is what), do I file the application for her here or in US Embassy in India.

Thanks again. oynetwork.com

Kamaras,
I am frist time here on this site and seen lot of your postings . I have a qst.
I am from India and has green card since 2007 which I filed in 2002 june. My family was in India whenI filed 485 and I applied for the Follow on to join.In chennai india . They gave them a number but waiting as visa number is not avl.

My kids are studing in India and my wife is there of course. Can my wife file Tourist visa as the immigrant visa peding and I am in USA. wE HAVE Been married for 20 years and kids are 18 years who are with my wife?

thanks
vijay

Status
Not open for further replies.