Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello evryone!
This is a great thread. Please answer this question. I wil be very thankful. I applied for my wife(I-130) in Septemper 2006 as a LPR(Legal permanent Restident). I just became a US Citizen in May 2007 and I requested to upgrade the I-130 petition by sending a cover letter and copy of my naturlization certificate and a copy of the NOA1 to the VSC(Vermont service Center). It is because application is still pending there. I also called the customer service and gave them the info.

The question is does anyone know how long it takes to upgrade the Petition??I just checked the USCIS Website and for CR1, VSC is now processing the i-30 for Nov 2006. Is anyone here on the same boat?? or did anyone ever upgraded the petition?? Also, when they upgrade, will the priority date change? If, not, then, I think they should approve our case quickly. Please help!! Thank you!! regards, kim

Kim,
USCIS now a days is taking enormous time even for simple applications like reentry permit ,ead etc...

You can try for K3 Non Immigrant Visa, if not already in US assuming that you are already naturalized.

Follow this Link for more information.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1315.html

HBG...
How will the Appointment letter arrive ordinary mail or Courier??
Stupid Question, but I just want to alert my family back home ...:)

They send it by ordinary mail and in our case also it took 1 week to arrive after they put the scedule.

Thanks

Same in our case. Took 2 days to arrive.

Thanks

NJ/HG/ Ag ,

We really thank you for the follow up and checking the forum even though your cases are done .

I have a quick question:

Along with Original Passport,Original Interview letter,Original employment letter,DD for 380 dollors and all spouse original docs What are the other docs she should carry while going to interview.

Should we submit the Labour/140/485/824/Green card/approval copies and Passport xerox copies to VFS office?

Do we need to send the originals of them so that wife can take to interview?

Do they ask for any of the original Docs?

Can some one clarify

Same in our case. Took 2 days to arrive.

Thanks

NJ/HG/ Ag ,

We really thank you for the follow up and checking the forum even though your cases are done .

I have a quick question:

Along with Original Passport,Original Interview letter,Original employment letter,DD for 380 dollors and all spouse original docs What are the other docs she should carry while going to interview.

Along with the list of required docs Should we submit the Labour/140/485/824/Green card/approval copies and Passport xerox copies to VFS office?

Can some one clarify?

Thanks,

NJ/HG/ Ag ,

I have a quick question:

Should we submit the Labour/140/485/824/Green card/approval copies and Passport xerox copies to VFS office?

Can some one clarify

Hi,
Apart from the above mentioned docs by you , please carry the originals of your wifes educatational certificates.

We have only submitted the copy of my green card and pasport (old and new) to VFS office.

We did *not* submit Labour/140/485/824 and they also did not ask for it. I did not send any orginals for the interview.

Hi,
Apart from the above mentioned docs by you , please carry the originals of your wifes educatational certificates.

We have only submitted the copy of my green card and pasport (old and new) to VFS office.

We did *not* submit Labour/140/485/824 and they also did not ask for it. I did not send any orginals for the interview.

NJ,

Thanks for the response.Passport office received the clearence from police on 19th but we havent received the passport yet.I am not sure how long it will take for the passport office to mail the passport and PCC.Still we have to apply for the commsionar officer.When my wife checked in the pasport office they said it may take a week to mail the passport.

NJ,

Thanks for the response.Passport office received the clearence from police on 19th but we havent received the passport yet.I am not sure how long it will take for the passport office to mail the passport and PCC.Still we have to apply for the commsionar officer.When my wife checked in the pasport office they said it may take a week to mail the passport.

Hi,

I think they will issue the passport soon. PCC from the commissioner office will take around 10 days (it is our experience and you need to followup regularly) . Even you dont get it ontime, your wife can carry with her to the interview. We also did the same thing and no questions were asked.

Thanks

Hi,

I think they will issue the passport soon. PCC from the commissioner office will take around 10 days (it is our experience and you need to followup regularly) . Even you dont get it ontime, your wife can carry with her to the interview. We also did the same thing and no questions were asked.

Thanks

Thanks for repsonse NJ.Hope they will mail it out soon.Just that untill we get the passport we cant apply for commsionar office PCC.

Sorry to ask you many questions ....

Thanks,

Thanks for repsonse NJ.Hope they will mail it out soon.Just that untill we get the passport we cant apply for commsionar office PCC.

Sorry to ask you many questions ....

Thanks,

Hi RM101,

Don't worry , please feel free to ask the questions. I can understand your situation as I was in that situation as well. So feel free ..

Thans

NJ,

do you have to submit the Original Passport for PCC from passport office?

do you have to submit the Original Passport for PCC from passport office?

rammy rammy,

Yes. passport office will keep the original passport and ask us to come in 3,4 days to collect the PCC.In our case my wifes police clearence was not there with them so they are taking long.

I would suggest first apply in the commisionar office then in the passport office becoz commisionar office does not need original passport but they will see it.

How is the preparations going on? Did u apply for the PCC?

Thanks,

rammy rammy,

Yes. passport office will keep the original passport and ask us to come in 3,4 days to collect the PCC.In our case my wifes police clearence was not there with them so they are taking long.

I would suggest first apply in the commisionar office then in the passport office becoz commisionar office does not need original passport but they will see it.

How is the preparations going on? Did u apply for the PCC?

Thanks,
RM,
Yaaah that will be a problem right. Without the passport we cannot go for medical or documents submission at VFS.

My wife was able to get one PCC from bangalore. Have to get one from my home town. And I am sure the passport office don't have PCC from Bangalore for her. So they might take some time to give it.

I am just waiting to get the appointment letter from the consulate to get the medicals started.
let me know as soon as you get the appointment letter from consulate. I will post as soon as they get it..

RM,
Yaaah that will be a problem right. Without the passport we cannot go for medical or documents submission at VFS.

My wife was able to get one PCC from bangalore. Have to get one from my home town. And I am sure the passport office don't have PCC from Bangalore for her. So they might take some time to give it.

I am just waiting to get the appointment letter from the consulate to get the medicals started.
let me know as soon as you get the appointment letter from consulate. I will post as soon as they get it..

Sure rammy.As of today we havent got the appointment letter.I will post as soon as i get one.Hope by next week we get the letters.

Thanks,

my wife's f2j Interview experience

guys,

i was not checking for quite a few days .... am sorry abt that... my wifes interview is over - Not excited bcoz - we yet to GET ANY CONFIRMATION !!.. but i guess we dont need to worry .... in brief - the case is in investigation !! bcoz my green card plastic carries wrong issue date .... please read below the experience which seh told from her words...and i composed it to post here...

Questions that were asked to my wife :

- American woman officer - first

1. when was the marriage ? (when they were looking at the wedding photos)

2. when did your husband visited you last ?

3. Did you go anywhere out of the country ?

4. Photo copies of husband's green card and passport ( !!!!!!!!!! ??????? i donno why they asked this - i already sent them in the f2j docs..) ... my wife did not have it - but they were okay for htat..

5. Asked about wedding date ..... again and again ..... ( !!!!! .... here were the issue was ...) they circled the GC photocopies .... the "Residence Since" is mentioned as October 2004 whereas hte actual is April 2005. My wedding was November 2005. Hence it looks like we are wrongly fortifying the follow 2 join !!!! oops !

6. Why did you not submit a page of medical report copy to VFS ..... which she was told that it was her copy...!!! she replied bak ...

7. She was given a token (pink color with number - around business card size ...) which says that .... if visa is approved.... it will be courriered ..

8. she went and discussed abt some other woman-officer .... they asked her to wait and within 5 mins, she called my wife....

- American woman officer - second

9. she called my wife to the next counter .... and again she asked the same question...when was the gc issued to ur husband and when was the wedding date ...

10.my wife was asked to wait .... while my wife got the same numbered token ......

- after 1.5 hrs .....(some around 10 people were waiting.... many people were done and gone......)

my wife's token number was called my one American man officer ....

11. he verified the docs again...and probs the report written by previous officers... he went and discussed with the other woman officer...

12. he came and replied little more clearly.... that the issue of different date in the GC Plastic could be bcoz of printing MISTAKE....but they got to verify it... hence.... they got to send that to delhi for further investigation.....and hence unable to issue Green card... it is not of a big issue.... all other documents are okay.... he thinks that it is a administrative issue.... could be printing problem..

will take around 10 days .... after 10days ... u will get it in couriers !!!!

- they gave bak.. my wife's birht certificates... our wedding fotos.... registered marriage original doc... saying not necessary...

they wrote a form ..... which says that visa is denied .... and asked her to keep this ...saying htat it is adminstrative problem...
after 10 days ... they will issue the visa.. not now !!!

and stuffs like that ......

- After this, I called chennai consulate a 2 nights bak.. .and they said we just have to wait ...since it is in investigation... and let us know in 30 days !!!(yeah office told 10 !)

Will update you all once i get any further news...

CONGRATS FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GOT THEIR F2J APPROVED esp to NJ/HG/Agapatti and also whoever i missed by chance !!!! I AM HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU !!! THANKS ALL.

rm ! u might find some useful points or answers to some of ur quesiton which i read in this thread in my above points.....

Kamrans ! my thanks to you stays always ..... hope ur things are getting better... rammy ! good luck to u too....

again all, I will post again once I get any decision ..... we all should win in this War !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
guys,

i was not checking for quite a few days .... am sorry abt that... my wifes interview is over - Not excited bcoz - we yet to GET ANY CONFIRMATION !!.. but i guess we dont need to worry .... in brief - the case is in investigation !! bcoz my green card plastic carries wrong issue date .... please read below the experience which seh told from her words...and i composed it to post here...

4. Photo copies of husband's green card and passport ( !!!!!!!!!! ??????? i donno why they asked this - i already sent them in the f2j docs..) ... my wife did not have it - but they were okay for htat..

5. Asked about wedding date ..... again and again ..... ( !!!!! .... here were the issue was ...) they circled the GC photocopies .... the "Residence Since" is mentioned as October 2004 whereas hte actual is April 2005. My wedding was November 2005. Hence it looks like we are wrongly fortifying the follow 2 join !!!! oops !

6. Why did you not submit a page of medical report copy to VFS ..... which she was told that it was her copy...!!! she replied bak ...

7. She was given a token (pink color with number - around business card size ...) which says that .... if visa is approved.... it will be courriered ..

8. she went and discussed abt some other woman-officer .... they asked her to wait and within 5 mins, she called my wife....

9. she called my wife to the next counter .... and again she asked the same question...when was the gc issued to ur husband and when was the wedding date ...

10.my wife was asked to wait .... while my wife got the same numbered token ......

- after 1.5 hrs .....(some around 10 people were waiting.... many people were done and gone......)

11. he verified the docs again...and probs the report written by previous officers... he went and discussed with the other woman officer...

12. he came and replied little more clearly.... that the issue of different date in the GC Plastic could be bcoz of printing MISTAKE....but they got to verify it... hence.... they got to send that to delhi for further investigation.....and hence unable to issue Green card... it is not of a big issue.... all other documents are okay.... he thinks that it is a administrative issue.... could be printing problem..

- they gave bak.. my wife's birht certificates... our wedding fotos.... registered marriage original doc... saying not necessary...

they wrote a form ..... which says that visa is denied .... and asked her to keep this ...saying htat it is adminstrative problem...

- After this, I called chennai consulate a 2 nights bak.. .and they said we just have to wait ...since it is in investigation... and let us know in 30 days !!!(yeah office told 10 !)

CONGRATS FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE GOT THEIR F2J APPROVED esp to NJ/HG/Agapatti and also whoever i missed by chance !!!! I AM HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU !!! THANKS ALL.

rm ! u might find some useful points or answers to some of ur quesiton which i read in this thread in my above points.....

Kamrans ! my thanks to you stays always ..... hope ur things are getting better... rammy ! good luck to u too....

again all, I will post again once I get any decision ..... we all should win in this War !!!!

Mega,
Sorry to hear this. Keep hope .. She will get it very soon.

Just some thoughts. ...

Correct me if I am wrong. Did you mention above that your actual residence since date is Oct 2004 and you married in Nov 2005? or is it the other way around.

Did you initiate the process of correcting the dates on your GC?

I am just wondering, you could have supported the date with the I-485 Approval date right? May be with a photo copy of I485 Approval Notice...?

Also if you had I-551 stamp in the passport that can also be used as supporting Information.

Thanks for the detailed report, its very insightful... to prepare for the interview..

Rammy.

guys,

Hi Mega,

Sorry to hear that and I really hope everything will be alright soon.

Thanks

Remember one thing. If you are really married to your spouse and you followed the legal procedure then nobody can restrict your spouse in coming here. They just want to investigate as they have doubts about your case that will be cleared soon so dont worry and you will get it soon.

Good Luck.

guys,

Whats the complete procedure for submitting I-824 for wife

Hi,

Could somebody please tell me what is the complete procedures (step by step) for sponsoring a spouse from India if your I-485 is approved recently.

I just got married in India and now my I-485 is approved before I could even bring her to US on H4 visa.

Does this application follow any priority dates? If yes, what are those priority dates? Is it releated to my PD or its the filing date of I-824 that I will do next week? Also, how long is the waiting time for these kinds of visa and how soon she will get her papers done in India?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks and Best Rgds.

Status
Not open for further replies.