Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local Police Station is Good enough I guess.
But first things first..
1)Make sure that you visit VFS and pay the Courier fee(looks horrible requirement, but without the prepaid courier fees with VFS they wont let
your for the interview.. )

2) Make sure you submit whatever you have to VFS. If something is missing you can take them to the interview.

3) Once you attend the interview and take the oath, they will give you time to submit other documents if required if missing.

Hi,

Yes.rammy is right.We need to take a PCC from passport office and from the local police stations where we lived.There is no need to take one from police commisioner office.Local police station will confirm with commisionar office.

Also if we miss any document we can take them to consulate on interview date.But paying the VFS fees is a must even if u submit single document.

Current PD is 2003 June.All the cases under that dates will be processed.If your PD is current call the chennai consulate and check for the case status and make sure they have all ur info for sceduling the interview.

You are talking about FTJ for your wife or Consular processing (I 485) for your self?

Actually this for my kid. Our PD is April 30 2001. Initially there was mistake in PD now we have corrected it. I sent a note consulate with latest approval notice.

nj, rm, rammy, hb, kamrans and all,

Expecting that we could receive interview notice at any time as our PD is 2001 april.

What do you guys can please suggest me interms of preparing documents. I have no clue what we can prepare a head of interview. Please advice me.
Do the consulate interview will state requiremtns? What else we can be ready ahead of interview.
Do we require PCC for 15 years old candidate?
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Expecting that we could receive interview notice at any time as our PD is 2001 april.

What do you guys can please suggest me interms of preparing documents. I have no clue what we can prepare a head of interview. Please advice me.
Do the consulate interview will state requiremtns? What else we can be ready ahead of interview.
Thanks

Do the consulate interview will state requiremtns?
Yes

When they mail you packet IV it will have all the instructions.See this link (See paket 4 forms and see the document "Instructions for immigrant visa applicant packet IV") on right hand side.It will have step by guidence as what all the process we have to do.

http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/appointments.html

hi NJ,

sorry that i did not check the forum for a while due to some situations... glad that u got ur passport and pcc done for your wife ....

regd, the police certificate ..... i took mine from (in fact... i need to call now to check with my dad) for my wife in my place .... and in her place... i just asked her to take only the LOCAL police station....now i am wondering whether to take in her side commisioner office..... but i am little concerned..... bcoz its gonna take time ....and i was planning to make her meet VFS office on 4th .... bcoz our ballpark range to visit VFS office is from 4-9 june ... since my wife interview date is 19 th !!! any idea ??? i think when i call my wife now tonight .... i donno what to suggest her !!! any ideas from any of u wud be great !

Hi,

I think PCC from the local PS should be fine and they will accpet that. I had to take from the district office as my wife lived in diffrent cities in the same district.

Thanks

Hi,

As RM101 sugguesed, pleae check the link for required documetn. If your kid's age 16 and above, you should start collecting PCC as those will take more time.

Hi,

I think PCC from the local PS should be fine and they will accpet that. I had to take from the district office as my wife lived in diffrent cities in the same district.

NJ,

I have a quick question with PCC from passport office.Along with application what are other things we need to submit to passport office along with original passport.Any photo copies and the fees?

Thank You,

NJ,

I have a quick question with PCC from passport office.Along with application what are other things we need to submit to passport office along with original passport.Any photo copies and the fees?

Thank You,

Proof for the address if the present address is different from the address in the passport and you need to pay fee for it (i think aorund RS 300).

Thanks

hi rm,

here u go ... i am in phone with my wife ... she got pcc from passport office... she is listing rightnow the below stuffs ..

1. PCC - application - Rs 5. u can find inside the passport office itself ? if u inquire u can find/heard it is a easy fill

2. Passport Original

3. Passport - Photo copies 2 ( 1 is enuf !.... still )

4. Color Passport size recent photo to stick in the application

5. Rs. 300 ( take Rs 500 just in case )

Hi,

Hi nj, rammy, rm and all ...

okay ... even i thought what you were saying...and my wife wud submit my place's district office police certificate and only local police certificate of her place at this point. But In the packet 4 document if u see - it is clearly saying that they want both local and district office !! so i asked my wife to get her place district office police clearance certificate .... just in case if they ask in the interview ...

now...
1. What abt the fees -right now it is Rs. 15,960 (for $380)./ Similarly, surcharge amt Rs 1,890 ( for $ 45)
- Is the same Rs amount we got to take DD ?

2. X-ray of the medical report - Do we need to give this to VFS office besides the medical report ? Some body who gave their experience ..... said that... they forgot to take htat to the interview.. and they were asked for that ..... (but they also wrote consulate kinda got convinced)

Interview Questions

all,

I did not check in the before postings....... I think it wud be helpful for many to discuss abt the FTJ Interview - Questions ! (may be if somebody posted before can any of u refer that here ...and we can still discuss added to the past posting on this topic. If anybody who has experience already - Please share ! thanks all.)

hi rm,

here u go ... i am in phone with my wife ... she got pcc from passport office... she is listing rightnow the below stuffs ..

1. PCC - application - Rs 5. u can find inside the passport office itself ? if u inquire u can find/heard it is a easy fill

2. Passport Original

3. Passport - Photo copies 2 ( 1 is enuf !.... still )

4. Color Passport size recent photo to stick in the application

5. Rs. 300 ( take Rs 500 just in case )

Thanks Mega for the response.My wife isgoing to submit the PCC application on Monday.

Thanks,

Hi nj, rammy, rm and all ...

okay ... even i thought what you were saying...and my wife wud submit my place's district office police certificate and only local police certificate of her place at this point. But In the packet 4 document if u see - it is clearly saying that they want both local and district office !! so i asked my wife to get her place district office police clearance certificate .... just in case if they ask in the interview ...

now...
1. What abt the fees -right now it is Rs. 15,960 (for $380)./ Similarly, surcharge amt Rs 1,890 ( for $ 45)
- Is the same Rs amount we got to take DD ?

2. X-ray of the medical report - Do we need to give this to VFS office besides the medical report ? Some body who gave their experience ..... said that... they forgot to take htat to the interview.. and they were asked for that ..... (but they also wrote consulate kinda got convinced)

Hi ,

I have checked the packet 4 instructions again on the chennai consulate and it is says we should get pcc from the district police station and local passport office. Please see below.

(A) Indian citizens residing in India for six months or more since turning 16
years of age must present Indian police clearance certificates from both their district police station and the local area passport office.

Pcc

Hi guys,

It looks like it will take more time to get PCC from my wife's home town and we have to submit the documents in the VFS office early next week. We have got PCC from the passport office and from my home town.

We are thinking to submit the docs in the VFS office what ever we have now and carry the PCC from my wife's town when go for the interview.

Do you think is it going to be a problem? Will VFS accept without this? Please advise.

Thanks for your time on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear All
I want to ask the following question
I won dv lottery and i did my interview in my home country May 2nd and they approved me. On May 14th i got married. I left My home country to USA May 26th. I am still waiting my greencard. Now my question can i apply to my spouse "follow to join" and what the steps i need to do.
Thanks

Since you got PCC from your hometown I do not see any problem. It is better you contact VFS 10 working days in advance. I think the interview letter says you can bring documents to consulate also if you can not submit them to VFS. Send e-mail to VFS and see if they reply.

-Thanks
HBG
Hi guys,

It looks like it will take more time to get PCC from my wife's home town and we have to submit the documents in the VFS office early next week. We have got PCC from the passport office and from my home town.

We are thinking to submit the docs in the VFS office what ever we have now and carry the PCC from my wife's town when go for the interview.

Do you think is it going to be a problem? Will VFS accept without this? Please advise.

Thanks for your time on this.

Please check my old postings and postings from others as well where we tried to put all the questions together that can be asked.
If the marriage is legal and genuine then you can answer all the questions without any problem.

Good Luck.

all,

I did not check in the before postings....... I think it wud be helpful for many to discuss abt the FTJ Interview - Questions ! (may be if somebody posted before can any of u refer that here ...and we can still discuss added to the past posting on this topic. If anybody who has experience already - Please share ! thanks all.)

The answer is NO. The FTJ is for people who are married before their GC or 485 approval. Sorry but its a law. Please do cross check it with a good lawyer who may find some way of doing it.

Good Luck.

Dear All
I want to ask the following question
I won dv lottery and i did my interview in my home country May 2nd and they approved me. On May 14th i got married. I left My home country to USA May 26th. I am still waiting my greencard. Now my question can i apply to my spouse "follow to join" and what the steps i need to do.
Thanks

Hi there!

Dear co-threaders! I do intend to pay the visa fee in advance, that is before this June 30,2007, for the USCIS will have this increase on fees on this date..

Will it be possible for me to pay in advance? I know our priority is still not current, Sept 2006, but I really like to pay in advance the 380$ fee for each dependent.. pls advice if you know any chance for me to do this? Where can I send my payment then? How to do it? Will this be ok Kamrans?

Judex and Bisdakdreamer, pls tell me the requirement for this police clearance in our country. Is it the same as our co-threaders here? that we need police clearances in all places we stayed since age 16? what is the ruling on this? My husband has his police and NBI clearance just this week.. will he get police clearances in all provinces he is in since 16yrs old? thanks so much...

You see, we are hopeful that July visa bulletin will be setting us free from this waiting of ours, AMEN! God be praised forever!

thanks in advance!
Simala2006

No you cannot pay the fee in advance. When your PD becomes current you have to pay the fee at that time. There is absolutely no way of doing it. If you do it now they will return it to you stating that your PD is not current.
They need the clearance certificate for the last address where you stayed in the home country and if they need the clearance certificates from other places too they will ask you to bring when you go for the interview. It also depends on consulate and varies from consulate to consulate.

Good Luck.

Dear co-threaders! I do intend to pay the visa fee in advance, that is before this June 30,2007, for the USCIS will have this increase on fees on this date..

Will it be possible for me to pay in advance? I know our priority is still not current, Sept 2006, but I really like to pay in advance the 380$ fee for each dependent.. pls advice if you know any chance for me to do this? Where can I send my payment then? How to do it? Will this be ok Kamrans?

Judex and Bisdakdreamer, pls tell me the requirement for this police clearance in our country. Is it the same as our co-threaders here? that we need police clearances in all places we stayed since age 16? what is the ruling on this? My husband has his police and NBI clearance just this week.. will he get police clearances in all provinces he is in since 16yrs old? thanks so much...

You see, we are hopeful that July visa bulletin will be setting us free from this waiting of ours, AMEN! God be praised forever!

thanks in advance!
Simala2006

Status
Not open for further replies.