Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks rm101, NJBLUE

Here are some of the documents my wife carried.

Tax returns of current year, last year.
Bank Statements
Employment offer letters of present and past.

Proof of relationship.
1. Marriage photos
2. Some photos of me and my wife along with some family members
3. My car insurance which has got my wife's name also.
4. Printout of some e-mails between my and my wife dating back from early 2005
5. Telephone records. I used reliance which listed calls made from my cell number to my wife's number. But my wife could not download them. It is better if you have such records.

Again, I will post more details including some interveiw questions in 1 or 2 days.

-HBG2001

HBG2001,
Congrats.. and thanks for posting the relevant info...

One more question,
can you post the text of the Local PCC certificates you got for your your wife.
Just the text will do fine. That would be really helpful.

Thanks..

Visa Fee

My wife submitted a demand draft for $380 in Indian Rupees. Exhange Rate is 1$= 42Rs. Demand Draft was taken at the beginning of interview along with some medical documents. So $380 or the equivalent is all you need to pay.

-Thanks
HBG

rammy,
I am giving the text of certificates we got from the respective offices.

-Thanks
HBG

PCC Passport format
Govt of India
Ministry of External Affairs
Regional Passport office

File No: xxxxxxx
Police Clearance Certificate

There is no adverse information against Smt. xxxxxxxxxxxxx D/0 XXXXXXXXXX holder of Indian Passport no. xxxxxxxxx issued at City on Date which would render him/her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for U.S.A

PCC Police
Office of Police Commissioner
City
Date

Certificate

To whom so ever it may concern

Mrs XXXXXXXXXXXXX Address XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THis is to certify , that as per our records Mrs AAAAAAAAAA has not come to any adverse notice during her stay in CCCCCCC city for the period mentioned below.

From MMDDYYYY To MMDDYYYY

THis certificate is given on request of the applicat for vsa/migration/immigration to U.S.A

for commissioner of police

HBG2001,
Congrats.. and thanks for posting the relevant info...

One more question,
can you post the text of the Local PCC certificates you got for your your wife.
Just the text will do fine. That would be really helpful.

Thanks..

rammy,

-Thanks
HBG

PCC Passport format
Govt of India
Regional Passport office

There is no adverse information against Smt. xxxxxxxxxxxxx D/0 XXXXXXXXXX holder of Indian Passport no. xxxxxxxxx issued at City on Date which would render him/her ineligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for U.S.A

PCC Police
City
Date

Certificate

THis is to certify , that as per our records Mrs AAAAAAAAAA has not come to any adverse notice during her stay in CCCCCCC city for the period mentioned below.

THis certificate is given on request of the applicat for vsa/migration/immigration to U.S.A

Thanks HG for posting.I have a quick question.When we apply for PCC in commisionar office.will police come and enquiry .Genearally how long does it takes to issue a PCC from commisionar office???

What are the doc's we need to submit??? like no of photos,any xerox copies etc..Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Thanks,

Thanks RammyRammy!

Ok, I'm taking notes of it! Hope and pray that the upcoming July visa bulletin will be our answered prayer for all of us here whose priority dates are still not current, Amen!

Godbless us all,,
Simala2006

Also,
The Consulate from time to time will adjust the dollar conversion Rate. So there is no way to predict the dollar movement.
So there is no way to pay in advance, the rate you pay is the rate they come up with for the week of the interview.
Check the consulates website or call them a week before the interview and get a Demand Draft for that amount...

HG,

Thanks for posting the format. This is really helpful.
one more question.. do they mentions all the local addresses she stayed in?
or just the city if all of them are within the city.

rammy,

-Thanks
HBG

PCC Passport format
Govt of India
Regional Passport office

PCC Police
City
Date

Certificate

List of Doc's for PCC from Commisionar Office

can some one please reply ?

When we apply for PCC in commisionar office,will police come and enquiry .Genearally how long does it takes to issue a PCC from commisionar office???

What are the doc's we need to submit??? like no of photos,any xerox copies etc..Appreciate your response.

Please post the whole process

Thanks,
Thanks,

can some one please reply ?

When we apply for PCC in commisionar office,will police come and enquiry .Genearally how long does it takes to issue a PCC from commisionar office???

Please post the whole process

Thanks,
Thanks,

In our case, the police came to our place to check and it took almost 10 days to issue the PCC. We had to fill the application (specific to that PS) and paid RS 500. We gave them 4 photos (not sure why they need 4) and submitted photo copy of wife's passport and my passport (address proof). I think the list varies and depends on the place where you apply.

Last edited by a moderator:
In our case, the police came to our place to check and it took almost 10 days to issue the PCC. We had to fill an application (specific to that PS) and paid RS 500. We gave them 4 photos (not sure why they need 4) and submitted photo copy of wife's passport and my passport (address proof). I think the list varies depend on the place where you apply.

Thanks NJ for the response.

Yes I know that some form fee will be doubled and there are others that will be trippled. They are only going to increase the form fee. I havent heard that they are going to increase the visa fee too.

Good Luck.

Thank you so much Kamrans! Have you heard of the coming increase of USCIS application fees this June 30, 2007? Will the visa fee be among the increases? I saw the different fees but I haven't seen the visa fee then..

Godbless,
Simala2006

Congratulations dude. Hopefully everything is looking good now. Pray for me. I am still waiting for the security check of my wife to be completed. Its pending even after 2 months from the interview date.

Thanks NJBLUE for your inquiry. My wife's interview was over today. They issued Visa. Told they would send passport by courier. Interview lasted 4-5 minutes. Some questions on my employer, my salary, why my salary last year was less than what I mentioned on affidavit of support. I asked my wife to compile the interview questions. I will post them here in 1 or 2 days. They also took my wife's school leaving certificate. This was not mentioned as required document. Still she carried and it helped. Hope your documentation is complete/near completion. My special thanks to Kamrans others. Good luck to you and, rammy, rm101, mega and others.

-Thanks
HBG2001

Kamrans,
Thank You. I am waiting to hear the good news from you soon !!

-HBG2001

Congratulations dude. Hopefully everything is looking good now. Pray for me. I am still waiting for the security check of my wife to be completed. Its pending even after 2 months from the interview date.

Interview Experience

I am giving my wife's interview experience here.

Interview was scheduled at 7:30 am. Went to VFS office in Mumbai at 6:40 am. The office had not yet opened and all of us had to stand on the pavement till about 7:10am.
At 7:10 we were called inside the VFS office and we kept our baggage in the locker room. They charged Rupees.200/- per person.Then we were asked to wait in the lounge. At about 7:35 am, all applicants whose interview was scheduled at 7:30 am were called and we were taken to the consulate in their bus. At the consulate, preliminary security checks were conducted after which the immigrant visa applicants were asked to wait separately.
There I was asked the following question by an Indian lady.
1 Who is sponsoring your visa?
2.How long is your husband staying in US?
3- Why havent you changed your name to your married name in the passport?
4 Dont you want to change?
-
5.Submit your school leaving certificate (original and photocopy)
6 Show your husband's visa and photocopy of passport.
7. Submit your medical reports
8.Would you be taking your interview in english?
9.After this, I was asked to wait. After about 30 min I was called to counter . There the officer greeted me and made me take an oath and my finger prints were taken. Then I was asked the following.
10.Who is sponsoring your visa?
11.How long has your husband been in the US?
12. What is your marriage date?
13. Where did the marriage take place?
14. Show your marriage album.
15.How many brothers and sister does your husband have? What are their names? Where do they stay?
16. What is your husband's income?
17.Where is your husband working presently? When did he join this company? Where was he before?
18.Did you travel outside India anytime?
19. When did you last see your husband?
After these questions were answered, the visa was issued.

Hope this helps.
-HBG2001

HBG, Thank you very much for your update.
Do we need to carry entire marriage album because people from non-immigrant visa unit recommends not to bring more than 30 photos?

Interview was scheduled at 7:30 am. Went to VFS office in Mumbai at 6:40 am. The office had not yet opened and all of us had to stand on the pavement till about 7:10am.
At 7:10 we were called inside the VFS office and we kept our baggage in the locker room. They charged Rupees.200/- per person.Then we were asked to wait in the lounge. At about 7:35 am, all applicants whose interview was scheduled at 7:30 am were called and we were taken to the consulate in their bus. At the consulate, preliminary security checks were conducted after which the immigrant visa applicants were asked to wait separately.
-
9.After this, I was asked to wait. After about 30 min I was called to counter . There the officer greeted me and made me take an oath and my finger prints were taken. Then I was asked the following.
15.How many brothers and sister does your husband have? What are their names? Where do they stay?
17.Where is your husband working presently? When did he join this company? Where was he before?

Hope this helps.
-HBG2001

-

Hope this helps.
-HBG2001

Hi HBG2001,

Thanks a lot for sharing the experience and it really helps.

My wife submitted a demand draft for $380 in Indian Rupees. Exhange Rate is 1$= 42Rs. Demand Draft was taken at the beginning of interview along with some medical documents. So $380 or the equivalent is all you need to pay.

-Thanks
HBG

Hi HBG2001,

Did you submit one single DD for $380 or two different DDS? (one for $335 and other one for $45).

Please let me know.

Thanks

I think my wife carried entire album. Not few photos.

-Thanks
HBG
HBG, Thank you very much for your update.
Do we need to carry entire marriage album because people from non-immigrant visa unit recommends not to bring more than 30 photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.