Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's good news NJ.It gives lot of relief when things get done when we have less time.So we need to go to the passport and collect PCC from passport office right or do they mail us home?.Next step is your wife needs to fly to chennai right for medicals or she already has?

Wish u all the best.

Thanks,

update. Just to be safe than sorry I went and applied for PCC in toronto yesterday for my wife even though she has been there just 4-5 months.

I am looking to get the same from India too thats in process...

PCC from local police station or Commisionar office???

Yes, you are correct.

The passport office in Hyderabad takes 3 days to give the PCC and district police guys said they will take 5 to 10 days.

Thanks

NJ,

I have a quick question with PCC.Apart from the passport office clearence do we need to apply for PPC from the police station in the area we reside or do we need to apply in commisionar office.

I see few people saying commisionar office and some saying local police station.Can u please confirm.

Thanks,

Based on the Packet 4 check list,

They need Local Police Clearance from each and every place where your Spouse lived for more
than a year after attaining the age of 16.

and also PCC from the Passport office.

They need Local Police Clearance from each and every place where your Spouse lived for more

Thanks rammy from the note.I will be calling the chennai consulate tonight to see if they received and updated my packet 3 info.we mailed them last monday.Hopefully they will provide the correct info.

Thanks,

That's good news NJ.It gives lot of relief when things get done when we have less time.So we need to go to the passport and collect PCC from passport office right or do they mail us home?.Next step is your wife needs to fly to chennai right for medicals or she already has?

Wish u all the best.

Thanks,

Thanks rm101.You can ask them to mail PCC along with the passport (remember they will keep the passport) and I suggest you to pick it up as it will save you one day. Yes, we still need to get the medical reports.

Last edited by a moderator:
NJ,

I have a quick question with PCC.Apart from the passport office clearence do we need to apply for PPC from the police station in the area we reside or do we need to apply in commisionar office.

I see few people saying commisionar office and some saying local police station.Can u please confirm.

Thanks,

Hi Rm101,

We are trying to get it from the District/commisiona office as my wife lived in diffrent places in the same district.

You are welcome, NJBLUE. Glad you got this PCC sorted out.Hope you are in the middle of collecting other relevant documents.
-HBG

Hi HB,

My wife received the passport and PCC from the passport today. I have no idea why they gave us the wrong info yesterday when we checked the status.

Thanks a lot HB and you have been great support for me.

Thanks once again and very much appreciated for your help.

Thanks.

rammy rammy,
Just an update
last night when i called chennai they said they received the packet 3 info of my wife and also they said case is ready for sceduling interview.

Hope we will make in July list.

Thanks,

rammy rammy,
Just an update
last night when i called chennai they said they received the packet 3 info of my wife and also they said case is ready for sceduling interview.

Hope we will make in July list.

Thanks,

Thanks for the Update..
lets keep Fingers Crossed and Wait.....

Packet 4 not arrived/Appt june 05 please help-URGENT

Hi,

I am processing my mom's GC. It is in the last stage. She has not got the Packet 4 yet (consulate mailed it on May 14 and somehow decided to schedule the interview on june 05) and we came to know of the appointment only on May 26 through the website. Our consulate is Chennai. She is taking all the req documents to Blore VFS first thing tommrow morning(May 30). But it clearly states in the website that we have to give the docs 7-10 working days prior to the interview. How does VFS handle such a case? Please let me know if anyone has a clue. So stressed out right now.

VFS may not accept documents as the deadline passed. However you can pay courier fee to VFS. You can carry documents to consulate. You may try convincing VFS. It is not mandatory to submit documents to VFS. It is only convenience. However courier fee is a must. Check what the interview letter says.

-Thanks
HBG2001
Hi,

I am processing my mom's GC. It is in the last stage. She has not got the Packet 4 yet (consulate mailed it on May 14 and somehow decided to schedule the interview on june 05) and we came to know of the appointment only on May 26 through the website. Our consulate is Chennai. She is taking all the req documents to Blore VFS first thing tommrow morning(May 30). But it clearly states in the website that we have to give the docs 7-10 working days prior to the interview. How does VFS handle such a case? Please let me know if anyone has a clue. So stressed out right now.

Hi Rm101,

We are trying to get it from the District/commisiona office as my wife lived in diffrent places in the same district.

Hi,

Can any one of you who got the PCC from passport office explain the steps for obtaining the PCC from passport office.

What documents we need to carry with us? (ex certifcates ,photos etc...)

any photo copies etc ...
Thanks in advance for the response.

Hi,

Can any one of you who got the PCC from passport office explain the steps for obtaining the PCC from passport office.

What documents we need to carry with us? (ex certifcates ,photos etc...)

any photo copies etc ...
Thanks in advance for the response.

They Just need the Application to be filled in which has all the information about the person.Passport number, Husband/fathers name and a table with all the addresses. They also take a copy of the passport. If applying outside india they need the copies immigration papers..

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/miscell.pdf

http://passport.gov.in/cpv/PPForm.pdf

Can anybody share if you know what is the current processing dates (PD) for EB3 category fopr I-824 cases at Chennai consulate?

Can anybody share if you know what is the current processing dates (PD) for EB3 category fopr I-824 cases at Chennai consulate?

Current PD is 2003 June.All the cases under that dates will be processed.If your PD is current call the chennai consulate and check for the case status and make sure they have all ur info for sceduling the interview.

You are talking about FTJ for your wife or Consular processing (I 485) for your self?

Thanks rammy for response.Did u already apply for it?
Thanks,

Also, they keep the original passport with them and you need to submit proff for the address (bank statement/family card etc..) if the current address is diffrent than the address int the pasport.

Thanks

Hi Rm101,

hi NJ,

sorry that i did not check the forum for a while due to some situations... glad that u got ur passport and pcc done for your wife ....

nj, rm, rammy, hb, kamrans and all,

regd, the police certificate ..... i took mine from (in fact... i need to call now to check with my dad) for my wife in my place .... and in her place... i just asked her to take only the LOCAL police station....now i am wondering whether to take in her side commisioner office..... but i am little concerned..... bcoz its gonna take time ....and i was planning to make her meet VFS office on 4th .... bcoz our ballpark range to visit VFS office is from 4-9 june ... since my wife interview date is 19 th !!! any idea ??? i think when i call my wife now tonight .... i donno what to suggest her !!! any ideas from any of u wud be great !

hi NJ,

sorry that i did not check the forum for a while due to some situations... glad that u got ur passport and pcc done for your wife ....

nj, rm, rammy, hb, kamrans and all,

regd, the police certificate ..... i took mine from (in fact... i need to call now to check with my dad) for my wife in my place .... and in her place... i just asked her to take only the LOCAL police station....now i am wondering whether to take in her side commisioner office..... but i am little concerned..... bcoz its gonna take time ....and i was planning to make her meet VFS office on 4th .... bcoz our ballpark range to visit VFS office is from 4-9 june ... since my wife interview date is 19 th !!! any idea ??? i think when i call my wife now tonight .... i donno what to suggest her !!! any ideas from any of u wud be great !

Local Police Station is Good enough I guess.
But first things first..
1)Make sure that you visit VFS and pay the Courier fee(looks horrible requirement, but without the prepaid courier fees with VFS they wont let
your for the interview.. )

2) Make sure you submit whatever you have to VFS. If something is missing you can take them to the interview.

3) Once you attend the interview and take the oath, they will give you time to submit other documents if required if missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.