Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rammyrammy,
Its not necessary to file I-824 after your 485 approval. I filed mine together and they both approved together on the same day. However I have seen cases in which they deny it. Dont know the reason but people can apply for I-824 if their 485 is pending.

Yes go ahead and send them the required docs. They will create the case number and the process will get started. Dont wait for them otherwise you will waste your time.
I waited for them and lost 5 months. Later I ended up in sending them the required docs and then the process started.
You need to rush on this now.

Good Luck.

prs73 said:
Hi,
My I824 has been approved(RD:08/03/2006,AD:08/16/2006).I have recieved the approval notice also in mail.I checked with INS they say that they have faxed/cabled the approval information to Chennai consulate but when i checked with Chennai consulate they said they still havent recieved any information in this regard.Should i send the docs as have been mentioned in this site(Notarized I824,I140,passport pages,birth certificate,marriage certificate,green card bot sides etc) or should i wait for the consulate to create the Case Number.My lawyer said once I824 has been approved then INS will inform the chennai consulate and they will create a case number.Please let me know what should i be doing in the current situation.Also im going to India in the first week ofg september,is there any possibility of getting the packet 3 and may be packet 4 over the counter in chennai consulate if i visit them personally with all the documents along with my wife(im not sure if they would even allow us inside).Has anyone tried this approach.

Thanks

I wonder why you still sutck in the queue. May be you are 245(i). Check below for the answers.

ybnyk said:
Hi
My EAD and AP got approved within 2 weeks of applying. I got the EAD card and the lawyer got the AP. My PD is Sept 2000 (LC substituted, my LC is still pending at Phily). I have told lawyer while filing AP that I will visit my home country in Dec. But the GC process really went so fast. I am wondering if I can make an early trip to India for marriage. I think the 485 approval might come at any time after Oct 1.
(1) Is it safe to go and get married within Oct 1st?

If you have AD yes you can go and marry and come back. If you are 245(i) I suggest not to go and wait for your approval.

(2) Any idea how much time it takes to get my spouse to US on Follow-to-join (I824) route?
If everything is normal and you have the PD current then you can get it in about 4-5 months after 824 approval.

(3) If my 7th year stamping gets rejected because I already got EAD and AP, can I use the AP to re-enter US. While applying for AP, I have mentioned my probable foreign trip could be in December.

Getting an EAD doesnt mean that your 7th year stamping can get denied. It can get denied it you use it. Once EAD or AP is used you are on GC status not on H1 status. So check your priorities and decide accordingly. Yes you can easily enter US on AP. Its never a problem if you are getting GC through legal routes. If you were illegal at any point in the past then it can become a problem.

(4) If I use the AP (rather than H1B) to re-enter US, any idea how does it affect in getting my spouse to US?
It shouldnt affect anything if you are going for FTJ route. If you want to follow H1 route then get her here on H4 first and adjust her name in 485. In this case dont use AP. If not you can use AP and follow the FTJ path.
Thank you in advance for the valueable guidance.
ybnyk

This timeline shows that either the SC are processing fast according to president guidelines and trying to make all the process done within 6 months or he is EB1 or EB2 or other special occupation.

Good Luck.

judex said:
Service Center - Receipt Date
California: Feb. 2, 2006
Nebraska: May 1, 2006
Texas: May 5, 2006
Vermont: April 30, 2006

How come prs73 got his AD Aug. 16, 2006 if his RD is Aug. 3, 2006? Does this happend in this forum?

My RD is Aug. 10, 2006 - Vermont SC.

Thanks,

judex

DS 230 Part 1 Query

In DS 230 for the following question,should we write the name in our local language(in my case it is telugu) and that will be hand written where as all the other fields are filled online and then a print out is taken.can someone please clarify this
3. Full Name in Native Alphabet (If Roman letters not used)

kamrans said:
I wonder why you still sutck in the queue. May be you are 245(i). Check below for the answers.

Hi kamrans,
Thanks for your response. I did LC substitution. By the time I am ready to appy 485, EB2 became unavailable for India. So, I just applied, got EAD and AP. Finger Print is also done. But the 485 got stuck waiting for the new EB2 quota.
Another interesting question. If I get my spouse on H4, before adding her on to my 485, if my 485 gets approved, will she become illegal? I hope no.
Thanks
ybnyk

Yes your wife needs to write her name in her native language which is Telugu and it should be hand written.

prs73 said:
In DS 230 for the following question,should we write the name in our local language(in my case it is telugu) and that will be hand written where as all the other fields are filled online and then a print out is taken.can someone please clarify this
3. Full Name in Native Alphabet (If Roman letters not used)

If she come here on legal basis then there is no way that she become illegal. Obviously once she is here you need to rush and add her name in 485 but if your 485 gets approved before that then you need to file 485 for her which is the adjustment of status based on your status. There is nothing to worry about. In that case you need a good laywer who can do it for you.

Good Luck.

ybnyk said:
Hi kamrans,
Thanks for your response. I did LC substitution. By the time I am ready to appy 485, EB2 became unavailable for India. So, I just applied, got EAD and AP. Finger Print is also done. But the 485 got stuck waiting for the new EB2 quota.
Another interesting question. If I get my spouse on H4, before adding her on to my 485, if my 485 gets approved, will she become illegal? I hope no.
Thanks
ybnyk

kamrans said:
If she come here on legal basis then there is no way that she become illegal. Obviously once she is here you need to rush and add her name in 485 but if your 485 gets approved before that then you need to file 485 for her which is the adjustment of status based on your status. There is nothing to worry about. In that case you need a good laywer who can do it for you.

Good Luck.

Thanks kamrans. Your advice really helps.

You might be right.
I-824 can be filed for a lot of reasons. Our cause is Just one of it.

This is What they need when you File for I-824.

Attach copies, showing the front and back of the following
documents, if available.
A copy of the original petition or application. --
A copy of the Form I-797, Notice of Action, for the
original petition or application.
--
A copy of the Form N-550, Certificate of Naturalization.

So May be a Recept Notice I-485 might be enough I guess... But not enough,
a smart immigration officer might deny it.
Because the Whole Purpose of this application is to Notify the externnal consulate the change of status..

kamrans said:
Rammyrammy,
Its not necessary to file I-824 after your 485 approval. I filed mine together and they both approved together on the same day. However I have seen cases in which they deny it. Dont know the reason but people can apply for I-824 if their 485 is pending.

prs73

prs73,

did you subscribe the USCIS-Case Updates via Email? if yes, is the email sent on the day of the approval? if not, how many days did you received your 824 from the date of approval?

thanks,

judex

I second that! Waiting until you have an RFE seems to be the best thing to do in almost all situations where something was forgotten in the original submission. That way USCIS knows it's missing, knows to expect its arrival relatively soon, and can match up what you send with your case without it getting lost in the shuffle and going MIA.

rammyrammy said:
Just Wait till you get an RFE. There is nothing you can do now.
Once you get an RFE reply to the RFE. I did the same for for my AP. I didnt include pictures assuming that Pictures taken for EAD are enough. An later I sent the pictures with a cover letter, but there was no response and they gave me an RFE for Pictures. I sent the pictures with the RFE and got my AP in 10 days after that. So dont do anything till you get an RFE.

judex said:
prs73,

did you subscribe the USCIS-Case Updates via Email? if yes, is the email sent on the day of the approval? if not, how many days did you received your 824 from the date of approval?

thanks,

judex

Usually it wont take much. I received mails in 3-4 days after getting the approval email. Max time is 1 week.

thanks kamrans

yup!! i visit that website everyday.its scary :eek: hope my husband doesnt get affected by that...his interview is in 23 days.....hope he finally gets his greencard..just hope that we all be with our loved ones again

i-824 Processing dates - Aug. 25

Service Center - Receipt Date
California: No i824 processing date
Nebraska: No i824 processing date
Texas: No i824 processing date
Vermont: Feb. 23, 2006 from April 30, 2006

What happend??? there's no i824 processing date in California, Nebraska and Texas, actually i824 is not in the list in those SC. another thing in VSC, from April 30 it rolled back to Feb. 23? this scares me...

can anyone explain this...

thanks,

judex

kamrans said:
This timeline shows that either the SC are processing fast according to president guidelines and trying to make all the process done within 6 months or he is EB1 or EB2 or other special occupation.

Good Luck.

Presidents notice

Kamrans,
what is presidents order?does it helps us any ways.

One of my friend who is also sailing in same boat like is planning to surrender the green card to immigration dept and return back to india with frustuation and protest.He wants to show his protest.Its a bad to happen.

We worked very hard to get green card and today we are struggling just becouse we have better status.

KUSA146

If its after 23 days from now you wont get affected as you will fall under September visa bulletin in which its current. I would think it will remain current in october as well but can go unavailable in November.
The immigrant visa number will be requested by the consulate to the sate department the day when your spouse will go for an interview. In i-824 cases they normally deliver it on the same day but due to various reasons they may go for administrative processing which may take upto 40 days.

I wish good luck to everyone and hope you will get it soon. Dont forget to tell us once you get it.

Good luck.

gette said:
yup!! i visit that website everyday.its scary :eek: hope my husband doesnt get affected by that...his interview is in 23 days.....hope he finally gets his greencard..just hope that we all be with our loved ones again

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year USCIS assured president that they will reduce the processing times of all cases up to 6 months.
so they come up with the strategy to take the dates back 5 years so that they wont have enough cases and they can say that they are processing the cases within 6 months. It doesnt matter if there is retrogression. All that count is they did what they prmomised.
Now there are not enough cases in USCIS and they reduced the processing times in most of the cases.
I can feel the frustration and the pain. Nobody can do anything. Ask your friend to relax and calm down. It will take sometime but he will be ok. Patience and prayers works then anything else.
BTW what is this KUSA146

Good Luck.

rm101 said:
Kamrans,
what is presidents order?does it helps us any ways.

One of my friend who is also sailing in same boat like is planning to surrender the green card to immigration dept and return back to india with frustuation and protest.He wants to show his protest.Its a bad to happen.

We worked very hard to get green card and today we are struggling just becouse we have better status.

KUSA146

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.