Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
mistake

h and r block made a mistake with my taxes....my husbands interview is in 4 days from now...what to do???can my husband get denied because of that??

i have a question what is an i-824? how does one get to the status i-824? How long does it take to get an i-824 approved if the i-130 was approved 12th july 2006.and what is packet 1 packet 2 packet 3 and packet 4?
bye

IP ? pending??

Hi, do you konw what IP stands for. "IP pending" ;this is what IO wrote to the N-652, right next to "no decision cannot yet be made"

That was 3 months ago, still waiting for a reply...

It depends on the mistake but usually they just want to check that you are paying taxes regularly or not however it cannot be denied based on this issue.

Good Luck to you and your husband.

gette said:
h and r block made a mistake with my taxes....my husbands interview is in 4 days from now...what to do???can my husband get denied because of that??

I-824 is an action on already approved petition. This is not a petition itself. Usually this is used for consular processing of the employment based immigrants or to get Follow to join benefits for the spouses of people who get green cards in USA. There are some prerequisites that you need to meet to apply for FTJ.
I-130 is normally used for family based immigrants and for people who are not inside US.
You cannot get status on I-824 until there is some other application like I-485 is approved. As I stated this is nothing but an action on already approved petition.
Check the timeline in service center about I-824 approval time. This will give you estimate about how long it will take.
All the packets are discarded now except 3.5 and 4. Packed 3.5 is the initial packet the consulate send you when they get your information from USCIS or from National visa center. The send you all the forms that needed to be filled out and the brochure describing how to complete everything.
Packet 4 comes as an interview date and you have to present it when you go for the interview.
To check more on I-824 and I-130 check the link below :
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm

Good Luck.

jattala said:
i have a question what is an i-824? how does one get to the status i-824? How long does it take to get an i-824 approved if the i-130 was approved 12th july 2006.and what is packet 1 packet 2 packet 3 and packet 4?
bye

May be immigrant petition pending but its a guess. I dont know.

Good Luck.

seattle_victim said:
Hi, do you konw what IP stands for. "IP pending" ;this is what IO wrote to the N-652, right next to "no decision cannot yet be made"

That was 3 months ago, still waiting for a reply...

Kamrans

Kamrans:

Thanks a lot for the previous reply. Needs more help from you. Check the PM please. Thanks in advance.

how long i-824 will approved

first i filled form i-130 and it is approved and then they said that fill the form of i-824 and i filled it im confused that when our process will done plz give me information of i-824 approval

Last edited by a moderator:
jattala,

please post your case properly or give us more details of your case, etc. i130 is very different from i824 and if im not mistaken, i130 has no relation with i824...

like kamrans posted, read this http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm

jattala said:
first i filled form i-130 and it is approved and then they said that fill the form of i-824 and i filled it im confused that when our process will done plz give me information of i-824 approval

this is my case information :confused:
this is i-130
Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN
current Status:
This case has been approved. On June 12, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

this is i-824

Application Type: I824, APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION
Current Status:
Your I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION was received on July 19, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

R u understand my case? please give me information about when processing is going to be done

Jattala,
Right now they are processing cases filed on or before March 8, 2006. So I believe its couple of months.
I still dont understand why you need to file I-824 after I-130. Who filed petition for you ie what is the basis of your application. Some I-824 application petition go directy to the US embassy after approval through cable and in this case you should get packet 3.5 within 14 days of the approval. If you dont then you need to contact them soon after two weeks to complete the processing. Other application go through the national visa center and they work according to their timelines. You need to contact them after your approval.
Since I dont know the exact details of your case I cannot guide you more. But based on your case details you need to follow up with either with consulate or with the NVC. Check out the timeline in your service center about I-824 approval. The link is below :

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp

Good Luck.

jattala said:
this is my case information :confused:
this is i-130
Application Type: I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN
current Status:
This case has been approved. On June 12, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

this is i-824

Application Type: I824, APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION
Current Status:
Your I824 APPLICATION FOR ACTION ON AN APPROVED APPLICATION OR PETITION was received on July 19, 2006. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

R u understand my case? please give me information about when processing is going to be done

kamrans said:
I-824 is an action on already approved petition. This is not a petition itself. Usually this is used for consular processing of the employment based immigrants or to get Follow to join benefits for the spouses of people who get green cards in USA. There are some prerequisites that you need to meet to apply for FTJ.
I-130 is normally used for family based immigrants and for people who are not inside US.
You cannot get status on I-824 until there is some other application like I-485 is approved. As I stated this is nothing but an action on already approved petition.
Check the timeline in service center about I-824 approval time. This will give you estimate about how long it will take.
All the packets are discarded now except 3.5 and 4. Packed 3.5 is the initial packet the consulate send you when they get your information from USCIS or from National visa center. The send you all the forms that needed to be filled out and the brochure describing how to complete everything.
Packet 4 comes as an interview date and you have to present it when you go for the interview.
To check more on I-824 and I-130 check the link below :
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm

Good Luck.

Hi Kamrans

I have a situation and worndered your views

Husband Filed I 485 for himself and youngest son and concurrently filed I 824 for minor son abroad who was to follow to join

The I 824, I am told once approved goes directly to the consulate for further action

My sons I 824 was pending at enacment of CSPA Child status protection act.
Attorney says son is protected but VO says aged out. Looks like I will have to go to court

I have e-mail saying it appears your I 824 became separated from file and Texas errored in working before husbands I 485 was approved

Any thoughts?

Sue
www.expatsvoice.org

approved

first of all i would like to thank kamrans for all his help..patience and support. my husband just got approved for his ftj today in manila...they just wanted all the documents they were asking for in packet 4...he gave those to them in order....the question asked was what is your wife's job???still working for the same comp..blah blah balh...when did you get married??? how long have you lived together??? then they wanted our phone bills...we had a lot...hehehe...and then he was asked to wait for his name to ba called...visa will be delivered to you by mail.....thanks to this forum, was such a great help...im hoping everybody will be approved also...thanks again and goodnight.....

Congrats!!!

i'm very happy for you georgette... mabuhay!!!

this is another happy and success story of this thread, hope everybody will end like gette's case...

what do you mean by phone bills, calls from you and vice versa when you were in the states?

i got a problem, we were married 3 days before she left the states, but i proposed to her 1.5 years before we got married. we have lots of pics, lots of text, lots of calls etc. to support our relationship... hope it will support...

gette said:
first of all i would like to thank kamrans for all his help..patience and support. my husband just got approved for his ftj today in manila...they just wanted all the documents they were asking for in packet 4...he gave those to them in order....the question asked was what is your wife's job???still working for the same comp..blah blah balh...when did you get married??? how long have you lived together??? then they wanted our phone bills...we had a lot...hehehe...and then he was asked to wait for his name to ba called...visa will be delivered to you by mail.....thanks to this forum, was such a great help...im hoping everybody will be approved also...thanks again and goodnight.....

i-130 approved

if the person for whom you are petitioning decides to apply for an immigrant visa outsides the united states based on this petition ,the petitioner should apply form i-824 Application for action on approved application or petition

Hello Everyone,

I appreciate if someone can answer, if they 'been through or know of any similar situation that I am in.

I am in my 7th year of H1 and I got my labor approved 2 months ago. My wife was on H4 status when she landed in the US. She is a Physical Therapist and recently her employer applied for her AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131...). As her category is more promising than mine I am planning to apply for my AOS as her dependent. Is it OK to apply for my AOS under spouse category being on H1B which expires in July'2007? My lawyer said she is not sure if my current status will be valid if I apply for my AOS attaching myself to my wife's application. Somehow I felt she didn't have clear information on this. If I am applying as her dependent, is I-485 is the only application I send? Do I need to send an application for I-765 too? I am confused and my lawyer is confusing more and more... please help!!!

PS: My wife applied for AOS in first week of Sept, she is yet to get any Visa number, is this the right time for me to Join my application to hers? I guess once she gets her EAD it would take much longer for me to get my AOS.

'appreciate it!!!

A real lawyer.

csjinna said:
Hello Everyone,

I appreciate if someone can answer, if they 'been through or know of any similar situation that I am in.

I am in my 7th year of H1 and I got my labor approved 2 months ago. My wife was on H4 status when she landed in the US. She is a Physical Therapist and recently her employer applied for her AOS (I-485, I-765, I-131...). As her category is more promising than mine I am planning to apply for my AOS as her dependent. Is it OK to apply for my AOS under spouse category being on H1B which expires in July'2007? My lawyer said she is not sure if my current status will be valid if I apply for my AOS attaching myself to my wife's application. Somehow I felt she didn't have clear information on this. If I am applying as her dependent, is I-485 is the only application I send? Do I need to send an application for I-765 too? I am confused and my lawyer is confusing more and more... please help!!!

PS: My wife applied for AOS in first week of Sept, she is yet to get any Visa number, is this the right time for me to Join my application to hers? I guess once she gets her EAD it would take much longer for me to get my AOS.

'appreciate it!!!

U can apply, friend of mine was in L1 visa and they applied 140 and 485 concurrently, and now holding GC, your lawyer may not be a real lawyer

i-130 approved

if the person for whom you are petitioning decides to apply for an immigrant visa outsides the united states based on this petition ,the petitioner should apply form i-824 Application for action on approved application or petition :confused:

kamrans,

Is there anything to consider while applying for visitor visa when on F2J other than following the usual paperwork for the B1/B2 visa requirements ? You also mentioned you had got a senator's letter - what was the letter about and what was the purpose ?

Anyone else have experience getting a visitor visa while spouse is on F2J ? Please share.

I am contemplating applying for a visitor visa for my wife and need to weigh my options before taking any decision. My PD is 8/15/01 and have been painfully watching the progress (or lack thereof) for the past 4 months. I-824 approved and Case# has been assigned.

Thanks !

kamrans said:
I wish you good luck and thinking your decision is good. I dont see any hope for EB3 india to enter 2002 in a year or so. Its stagnant at April 2001 right now and they are talking about further retrogression.

Good Luck to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.