Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
See below the answers

judex said:
kamrans,
need your advice on part 3 of i824

1. Give the Following information about the orignal petition or application:
Type of Petition or Application (Form Name)
my wife doesn't have the I-485 coz of consular processing. does she need to put the i140 or the i551 on the "type of petition"?
I think the 140 information of your wife will go here. I am not sure about it. Your wife needs to ask a a lawyer before proceeding.
Receipt Number:
i-797 of the i140 or the i551?

Filing Date of Petition or Application (mm/dd/yyyy) -
i140 or i551

Approval Date (mm/dd/yyyy) -
i140 or i551

hope you can enlighten me on this, thanks...

judex

In your situation you need to be very careful. First you need to go to india and do the marriage celebrations there as US embassy dont consider marriage over the phone as legitimate marriage and they deny it. You need to get it done before your approval and you have to go there to get married.
Second if possible before your 485 approval add your wife name to it. This should be done soon after the marriage so that your marriage becomes more legitimate.
Getting your marriage register here means nothing. There must be some religious ceremony or some paper signing needs to be done. Go and get marry and come back and file 824 for her.
Once you file it you need to wait as she wont get any other visa. Remember you cannot lie in the application and it can harm you severly.
your wife PD will be the same as yours. You need to look at employment based categories in EB2 india for her. The process for 824 is fairly simple. You need to apply and check in your service center how long it will take to approve. Once approved it goes directly to the embassy. You can save some time if you file your wife case in embassy with 824 receipt notice. Do not wait for the embassy to contact you. You would be lucky if they contact you otherwise if 14 days are passed then go ahead and contact them for further processing.
If I were you ... I go back get marry and apply for H1. If you get it then your wife will get H4. If not you can come back and file 824 for her.
This situation is very sensitive. You need to be careful I know people did mistake like me and suffering since then.
I wish good luck to everyone. Let me know if I would be of further help.

doesitmatter said:
kamrans,
Need your advice...I filed by 485 this month since EB2 India will be unavailable from next month and there is a chance that I might be laid off. I am single and I was planning to get REGISTER married in Sept and do official marriage in Feb of next year. I dont think interviews are available in the Chennai consulate to get my wife on H1 before November or Dec even if I decide to get married ASAP. My 485 cant get approved before OCT because EB2 visas are unavailable for India.

I am EB2 and my PD 12/01 is likely to become current in Oct and I could potentially get approved in Oct-Feb and I maybe forced to do FTJ. Will my wifes PD also be 12/01? If I do FTJ, how will it take for me to get my wife to the US? What category does she fall under EB2 employee based India / family based category? Which column in the visa bulletin must I look at?

Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

didnt send pictures

Hello

i see very usefull tips and solutions given to people in this portal. i hope you guys can help me too. i am married to a USC. we filed I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 on July 10/06. Finger printing apt is Aug 09/06. We just realised yesterday that we sent only six pictures instead of 8. We forgot to send 2 of my pictures.. what can be done now. can i mail it in now ????
please advise..

Thanks a ton....

Just Wait till you get an RFE. There is nothing you can do now.
Once you get an RFE reply to the RFE. I did the same for for my AP. I didnt include pictures assuming that Pictures taken for EAD are enough. An later I sent the pictures with a cover letter, but there was no response and they gave me an RFE for Pictures. I sent the pictures with the RFE and got my AP in 10 days after that. So dont do anything till you get an RFE.

thira80 said:
Hello

i see very usefull tips and solutions given to people in this portal. i hope you guys can help me too. i am married to a USC. we filed I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 on July 10/06. Finger printing apt is Aug 09/06. We just realised yesterday that we sent only six pictures instead of 8. We forgot to send 2 of my pictures.. what can be done now. can i mail it in now ????
please advise..

Thanks a ton....

Chennai FTJ

Once the PD becomes current, How much time does it take in Chennai to set an interview date for a FTJ??
I'm guessing that my PD will be current in Nov 2006.
is there any way to get a decent estimate of wait time for packet 4 date??

EB3 india.
PD - April 30th 2001
FTJ Case number created in Chennai consulate in July 2006.
I-824 approved on August 8th 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who gets the PD current with the most recent visa bulletin please share the experiences with the process and the consulate.

Thanks and Good Luck.

How long is this wait

Kamrans,

How long is this wait.Getting upto neck ....Is having a better status
a (GC) is a sin?

KSAQ12

judex said:
kamrans,

need your advice on part 3 of i824

1. Give the Following information about the orignal petition or application:
Type of Petition or Application (Form Name)
my wife doesn't have the I-485 coz of consular processing. does she need to put the i140 or the i551 on the "type of petition"?

Receipt Number:
i-797 of the i140 or the i551?

Filing Date of Petition or Application (mm/dd/yyyy) -
i140 or i551

Approval Date (mm/dd/yyyy) -
i140 or i551

hope you can enlighten me on this, thanks...

judex

Use the information from the I-140. It is the original application submitted for your wife in regards to her employment in the US. This is the same information that our lawyer used in submitting my I-824.

I can feel the frustration behind. Life is too short and we wasted about 6-7 years of our lives in just getting a status in US.
Anyway there is no other option other than to wait and see. If you are from India then you have to wait a little longer because the Indian queue is too long.
Take it easy and all will be fine.

Good Luck.

rm101 said:
Kamrans,

How long is this wait.Getting upto neck ....Is having a better status
a (GC) is a sin?

KSAQ12

Hi Kamrans

Hi Kamrans:

I have some questions for you.

1. How long is the poice clearance certificate valid.

2. Also If I am expecting my I-485 approval in next 60 days what can I do at present to speed up the process of FTJ. I have filed already the I-824 which is also pending.

3. Can I open a case # at Chennai consulate in advance while I-485 is pending.

4. Can I take a immigrant visa appointment in advance?

gcmera2 said:
Hi Kamrans:

2. Also If I am expecting my I-485 approval in next 60 days what can I do at present to speed up the process of FTJ. I have filed already the I-824 which is also pending.

I dont know how and why you applied for I-824 without I-485 approval.
It clearly states that I-824 is action on an already approved petetion. Your I-824 will get denied because I-485 is still pending. How do you know that your case will get approved in 60 days? I applied for my wifes F2J in June 2005 when my case was current.., and a lot of things happened after that ..and i am still waiting. My case was created in chennai a year back.
So dont get over excited.. this whole thing is so painful. Its like two steps forward and 10 steps back. So be ready for disappointment....

You cannot open a case at chennai. They need your I-551 stamp or Green Card Copy, and I-824 approval or receipt to open a case. So you have to wait till your I-485 Gets approved. send an email to the consulate with your Q's.
FYI, this is the response I got from the Consulate.
For following to join cases, we need confirmation of principal applicant’s Legal Permanent Resident Status (LPR) from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).

To process the case further, please send the following certified (attorney or notary) copies to our office.

1. Copy of I-797c of approved I-824;
2. Copy of I-797c of approved I-140;
3. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both sides);
4. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of admission as Legal Permanent Resident;

Also, please include the copies of marriage certificate, visa applicant's birth certificate , complete local address in India and DS-230 Part I.

You may mail them to:
American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006
India​

]There is no taking appointment in Advance. You have to apply and wait for the consulate to set your appointment etc...

Follow To join Query

Hi,
My I824 has been approved(RD:08/03/2006,AD:08/16/2006).I have recieved the approval notice also in mail.I checked with INS they say that they have faxed/cabled the approval information to Chennai consulate but when i checked with Chennai consulate they said they still havent recieved any information in this regard.Should i send the docs as have been mentioned in this site(Notarized I824,I140,passport pages,birth certificate,marriage certificate,green card bot sides etc) or should i wait for the consulate to create the Case Number.My lawyer said once I824 has been approved then INS will inform the chennai consulate and they will create a case number.Please let me know what should i be doing in the current situation.Also im going to India in the first week ofg september,is there any possibility of getting the packet 3 and may be packet 4 over the counter in chennai consulate if i visit them personally with all the documents along with my wife(im not sure if they would even allow us inside).Has anyone tried this approach.

Thanks

Prs73

Hi PRS73:

Can you tell me when you filed for your I824 petition with INS. Also how long it takes for you to get the interview date now in Chennai consulate. Thanks.

Re

GCMera,
Like i wrote earlier my I824 RD is August 4th 2006 and AD is August 16th2006,not sure if i was lucky to have got it approved within a fortnight or if that is the usual time taken these days for I824, as for interview ,after I824 approval we need to send the docs mentioned below to American Consulate in Chennai rather than wait for the INS to inform the Consulate in India(Confirmed this with Chennai Consulate and they sent me this list)
1.Copy of I-797c of approved I-824 or Copy of I-797c of approved I-140;
2. Copy of permanent resident's I-551 (better known as green card, both sides);
3. Complete copy of principal applicant's passport with evidence of admission as Legal Permanent Resident;

Also, please include the copies of marriage certificate, visa applicant's birth certificate, complete local address in India and DS-230 Part I.

Once we send these docs to chennai they will take anywhere between 1 to 2 months to verify things at their end with INS and will create a case number and mail the packet 3 to spouse's address in India,once we send back the packet3 to the consulate it takes around 45 days for them to schedule the interview.

that was fast...

hi prs73,

your 824 was approved in 13 days, wow! taht was fast...

some people, its more than 2-3 months processing time for 824 to be approved, you're one lucky person...

what Service Center approved your 824? hope vermont? :)

thanks,

judex

prs73 said:
Hi,
My I824 has been approved(RD:08/03/2006,AD:08/16/2006).I have recieved the approval notice also in mail.I checked with INS they say that they have faxed/cabled the approval information to Chennai consulate but when i checked with Chennai consulate they said they still havent recieved any information in this regard.Should i send the docs as have been mentioned in this site(Notarized I824,I140,passport pages,birth certificate,marriage certificate,green card bot sides etc) or should i wait for the consulate to create the Case Number.My lawyer said once I824 has been approved then INS will inform the chennai consulate and they will create a case number.Please let me know what should i be doing in the current situation.Also im going to India in the first week ofg september,is there any possibility of getting the packet 3 and may be packet 4 over the counter in chennai consulate if i visit them personally with all the documents along with my wife(im not sure if they would even allow us inside).Has anyone tried this approach.

Thanks

Processing Dates for I-824

Service Center - Receipt Date
California: Feb. 2, 2006
Nebraska: May 1, 2006
Texas: May 5, 2006
Vermont: April 30, 2006

How come prs73 got his AD Aug. 16, 2006 if his RD is Aug. 3, 2006? Does this happend in this forum?

My RD is Aug. 10, 2006 - Vermont SC.

Thanks,

judex

prs73 said:
Judex,
mine was filed in VSC.

WOW!!! same SC as mine....

i'll let my wife call VSC for confirmation and some questions... thank you very much for the info!!!

if God permits, mine will be approved today, and will received the notice within a week! :)

i'll check my email also...

this is good news...

judex

I am in soup

Hi
My EAD and AP got approved within 2 weeks of applying. I got the EAD card and the lawyer got the AP. My PD is Sept 2000 (LC substituted, my LC is still pending at Phily). I have told lawyer while filing AP that I will visit my home country in Dec. But the GC process really went so fast. I am wondering if I can make an early trip to India for marriage. I think the 485 approval might come at any time after Oct 1.
(1) Is it safe to go and get married within Oct 1st?
(2) Any idea how much time it takes to get my spouse to US on Follow-to-join (I824) route?
(3) If my 7th year stamping gets rejected because I already got EAD and AP, can I use the AP to re-enter US. While applying for AP, I have mentioned my probable foreign trip could be in December.
(4) If I use the AP (rather than H1B) to re-enter US, any idea how does it affect in getting my spouse to US?

Thank you in advance for the valueable guidance.
ybnyk

Check below for answers:

gcmera2 said:
Hi Kamrans:

Normally its written in the police certificate that for how long its valid.

Send all the required docs to your concerned embassy to initiate the FTJ process. They can create the case with the I-824 receipt notice but since your 485 is not approved they may or may not create it. You cannot do any medical until you have papers from them. I would suggest that send the required docs to them and see what they say.

Answered above.

All embassies work differently. I dont know how they would respond. Check with them. Embassies in India are very lineant and they are very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.