Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received my GC through asylum and I am wondering If I do have to wait for Immigrant visa to become available or I can file Follow To Join for my wife who is currently in the US and overstayed her visitor visa?

Sorry for the late reply. I am out of the country. Well in my experience the fax thing never worked for them. I have the kinko's report showing that they received the I-824 fax but they denied it after two months. You cannot dispute with the embassy so follow the straight path and that path is sending the required papers via mail (Fed Ex) and keep track of it. The immigrant visa section at ISB is quite good in responding unlike the non immigrant one.
Hope it helps.
Good Luck.

archer747 said:
Hi I just faxed US Embassy Islamabad all the papers for follow to join

Should I mail them the papers also?

Heres is the list of what I have mailed

letter requesting initiation of follow to join benefit with my wife information
Copy of i-485 approval notice
copy of i-140 approval notice
copy of i-824 recipt notice
copy of ADIT stamp with my first two pages copy of passport
Copy of spouse passport and ID card
Copy of mairrage certificate
Copy of my and wife birth certificate

are these papers enough
when should my wife expect a response how much time does it take

ur reply is appriciated

vravi100 said:
Hi Guys,

We just got back from India. My wife went for the interview on April 13th and got approved for GC. They did not ask her any questions. She was told to go home and wait for the passport to be mailed. The passport arrived HYD 2 hours before we reached home. We are very happry that the process is over with. My wife entered US on F2 visa in May 95, then converted to H4 in Feb 97, to J1 in June 99 and to H1 in Feb 03. She finished her J1 3yrs requirement on March 10th of 2006. So we tried to have her interview scheduled in April and luckily got it just as we planned it. I am very thankful to lot of guys here for the feedback that I received. I have been following this post for about 4 to 5 years. Only this post. If you guys have any questions, I would be happy to respond to them.

We got the green card in Mail today. Exactly 3 weeks after our enter at LAX airport.

too long

waiting for that packet 4...its soooo long...just venting, i know everyone here is sick and tired of waiting...im ssooo sad, why is everything so complicated...to wait for that packet 4 takes 120 days...imagine!!! could spend xmas alone again!!! sorry just want to write what im feeling coz i know this forum would understand :(

I-134

employment based affidavit of support does not need income tax returns right?? from the previous post diff people have diff answers...i read that you only need income tax return if you are self employed right??? answer will be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance

Experts,

I had send the documents to mumbai consulate to initiate my wife's case, below is their response.

"Based on the documents mailed to this office we have created a
provisional case for your spouse.
In order to process the we still need I-797(notice of approval) of the
original petition on which you have adjusted your status to LPR.No action will be taken until we receive the approval notice."

My question, Is notorized copy of I-797(notice of approval) enough or they need the original? because I did attached a photocopy of 1-797 in the documents I had send earlier.

Can i request Chennai consulate, via fax, to open a FTJ case? Its employment based.
I want to fax them all the requisite documents before sending them in the email.
Anyone have a fax number and definite answer to my question?
Thanks

Deepak06 said:
Experts,

I had send the documents to mumbai consulate to initiate my wife's case, below is their response.

original petition on which you have adjusted your status to LPR.No action will be taken until we receive the approval notice."

My question, Is notorized copy of I-797(notice of approval) enough or they need the original? because I did attached a photocopy of 1-797 in the documents I had send earlier.

I have a pending EB 485 and I am currently stuck in Retro.
I am getting married end of July and hopefully my wife will be here in the US on H4 before I get GC approval. Lets say If I get the GC before she comes here and after I get married,I would believe she can come here as Follow To Join case.
Can someone tell me high level how long it takes (chennai Consulate) and what the process is (just high level...I dont want to ask for too much :)
I very much appreciate your responses.

I-485 prob for FTJ

is it possible that the employer or embassy fill-up the I-485 for my wife and when she arrive in US(Baltimore Airport), she will just sign the I-485 form? my wife signed a paper(she didnt know form was it) with my wifes thumbmark and the immigration officer told her that her GC will arrive within 6 months. was that the I-485 form she signed? hope not coz my name was no included in that form as her husband. can she still get the I-485 form and reapply it. she will be going to USCIS for confirmation if that was her I-485.

hope anyone could answer my questions.

thanks!

judex

I have never heard of anyone arriving as FTJ benficiary and filled up form 485 which is adjustment of status. FTJ beneficiary is a green card holder who gets a one time entry visa to enter USA and gets her or his GC within a month. 485 is for someone who already have some status in USA.
May be you missed something in your story.

Good Luck.

judex said:
is it possible that the employer or embassy fill-up the I-485 for my wife and when she arrive in US(Baltimore Airport), she will just sign the I-485 form? my wife signed a paper(she didnt know form was it) with my wifes thumbmark and the immigration officer told her that her GC will arrive within 6 months. was that the I-485 form she signed? hope not coz my name was no included in that form as her husband. can she still get the I-485 form and reapply it. she will be going to USCIS for confirmation if that was her I-485.

hope anyone could answer my questions.

thanks!

judex

They always need orginal notice of approval.

Good Luck.

Deepak06 said:
Experts,

I tried the fax and wasted my two months. Mail through FedEx is the best. Dont waste your time.

krocker said:
Can i request Chennai consulate, via fax, to open a FTJ case? Its employment based.
I want to fax them all the requisite documents before sending them in the email.
Anyone have a fax number and definite answer to my question?
Thanks

I dont understand why you dont file 485 for your wife. If she is here then you can file 485 and if she is abroad and never visited US then you can file 824 which is follow to join. So even if you got stucked in retrogression you are able to file petition for your wife and she will get approved with you.

Good Luck.

AtlGC_Guy said:
I have a pending EB 485 and I am currently stuck in Retro.
I am getting married end of July and hopefully my wife will be here in the US on H4 before I get GC approval. Lets say If I get the GC before she comes here and after I get married,I would believe she can come here as Follow To Join case.
Can someone tell me high level how long it takes (chennai Consulate) and what the process is (just high level...I dont want to ask for too much :)
I very much appreciate your responses.

There is no hard and fast rule. If they ask for it then you have to present it anyway so better have it when you go for an interview.
Tax returns are obligatory for all. They just want to make sure that you pay taxes. They dont care if its W2 or 1099 or something else.
Gather as many documents as you can because you dont know what they can ask.

Good Luck.

gette said:
employment based affidavit of support does not need income tax returns right?? from the previous post diff people have diff answers...i read that you only need income tax return if you are self employed right??? answer will be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance

I can imagine the frustration we all are going through. There is no other option other then to wait and see and pray that this will be over soon. This waiting dillema and all retrogression is happening in a country that pretends to favor family reunification.
I think immigration system needs a comprehensive overhaul in all aspects.

Good Luck.

gette said:
waiting for that packet 4...its soooo long...just venting, i know everyone here is sick and tired of waiting...im ssooo sad, why is everything so complicated...to wait for that packet 4 takes 120 days...imagine!!! could spend xmas alone again!!! sorry just want to write what im feeling coz i know this forum would understand :(

I-485 Clarification

hi kamrans,

oopppssss, i need clarification for I-485. she can file the I-485 form if she recieved/got her GC? Then if I-485 is approved, I am eligible for FTJ?

what is the form for GC application?

thanks,

judex

kamrans said:
I have never heard of anyone arriving as FTJ benficiary and filled up form 485 which is adjustment of status. FTJ beneficiary is a green card holder who gets a one time entry visa to enter USA and gets her or his GC within a month. 485 is for someone who already have some status in USA.
May be you missed something in your story.

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK looks like you are confused. I assume that you are outside US and your wife is here and applied for her Green card (485 within US). You got married to her before 485 or green card approval.
Yes you are eligible to get FTJ and for that she needs to file I-824 as soon as her 485 gets approved.
If you are here in USA then rush to file your name in 485 as well and you will get it the same day your spouse gets her green card.
Check out the following link for more information :

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm

Let me know if you have any additional question.

Good Luck.

judex said:
hi kamrans,

oopppssss, i need clarification for I-485. she can file the I-485 form if she recieved/got her GC? Then if I-485 is approved, I am eligible for FTJ?

what is the form for GC application?

thanks,

judex

What if my name wasn't included in the 485 form, does she need to go to USCIS to add my name? or what are the other options to include my name on the 485? or is it really important to include my name in the 485?

I'm here in the Philippines. My wife haven't applied for the 485, but when she arrived at detriot, the immigration officer told her that her GC will arrive within 6 months. that's why i'm worried about it.

thanks for the help, hope there's a lot of people like you who can give advices to people like US.

thanks again!

judex

kamrans said:
OK looks like you are confused. I assume that you are outside US and your wife is here and applied for her Green card (485 within US). You got married to her before 485 or green card approval.
Yes you are eligible to get FTJ and for that she needs to file I-824 as soon as her 485 gets approved.
If you are here in USA then rush to file your name in 485 as well and you will get it the same day your spouse gets her green card.
Check out the following link for more information :

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/appproc.htm

Let me know if you have any additional question.

Good Luck.

to kamrans

thanks so much!!! really appreciate your replies...anyway we filled married filling joint because he has a social sec no. and the accountant said we can do that...that wont cause a problem right???he was here on an h1b visa before thats why he has a no....and even if he is not here the accountant said i still need to do that...

Status
Not open for further replies.