Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually people get it in a month to 1.5 month. But if you dont get it in two months after the date of entry you need to call USCIS. Below is what USCIS say about the green card:

"If you were granted permanent resident status or entered the U.S. with an immigrant visa more than 60 days ago and have not received your first permanent resident card, please call 1-800-375-5283"

also there is a new thing I have seen on USCIS web site that is effective as some of the users here mentioned. Check it out for the details:

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interapp/editorial/editorial_0497.xml

Diamond4u said:
Dear Friends,
My daughter enterd JFK NewYork after successfull CF at Mumbai. She has inteviewed on March 1st, and got approved and she just entered two weeks ago. I want to know what to do next. How long it takes to get the card in mail ?? i got to know that some people are getting within one or two weeks times. Can i track the case with approved I-824 EAC #? or somthing else? Please share your exprience.

REPLY FROM MUMBAI consulate

Folks,

This is the reply I received from Mumbai consulate. This doesn't not mention anything about I-824 receipt notice. I am not sure what to do about 824, haven't filled yet.

In the meantime my wife has mailed the documents to consulate this week, I will wait and see if they create the case number, and then submit Package 3 documents with the case number.

For your spouse to "follow-to-join" you, she can print the packet 3
from
our website and submit it to us simultaneously along with the listed
documents to begin the visa processing. No petition needs to be filed
for a follow-to-join case. However, we need to create cases for the
additional applicants. In order for us to be able to do so, please
provide the following information:

1. Form DS-230, part 1, completed for each applicant.
2. The form I-797 (notice of approval) for the principal alien's
immigrant visa petition.
3. Clear photocopy of the principal alien's green card.
4. Clear photocopy of the marriage or birth certificate establishing
the derivative applicant's relationship to the principal applicant.
5. Clear photocopy of the first page and inside back cover of each
visa
applicant's current Indian passport.

Send the required documents to your family. When they have collected
everything necessary, they should mail the material to us or bring it
to
our information window. After we receive all of this information, we
will create a follow-to-join case for the applicant(s) and assign a
case
number. Following that, our office will mail the applicant an
instructional package that must be completed and returned to our
office.
If the applicant(s) wishes to begin assembling the required
documentation now, the instructional packet three is available online
at
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/ivforms.html.

Our mailing address is:

American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Section
78, Bhulabhai Desai Road
Mumbai 400 026
India

Deepak:

Most of the consulates state that we don't need I-824 for processing an FTJ case. Almost in all the cases it is true as we all had done the same. But, we do apply I-824 just for a back up. As the receipt comes in pretty fast and some times also approval (in my case), I sent it along with the documents sent to the consulate. You never know when they change their mood and ask you for I-824... happens most of the time with consulates. It is up to you to decide either way, but it is always safe to get the other thing done to save time. You can find a lot of discussions on this subject if you look back in this forum.

Srini

GC approved at Chennai.

Hi Guys,

We just got back from India. My wife went for the interview on April 13th and got approved for GC. They did not ask her any questions. She was told to go home and wait for the passport to be mailed. The passport arrived HYD 2 hours before we reached home. We are very happry that the process is over with. My wife entered US on F2 visa in May 95, then converted to H4 in Feb 97, to J1 in June 99 and to H1 in Feb 03. She finished her J1 3yrs requirement on March 10th of 2006. So we tried to have her interview scheduled in April and luckily got it just as we planned it. I am very thankful to lot of guys here for the feedback that I received. I have been following this post for about 4 to 5 years. Only this post. If you guys have any questions, I would be happy to respond to them.

Congrats dude to you and your wife. Enjoy the time together.

Good Luck.

vravi100 said:
Hi Guys,

We just got back from India. My wife went for the interview on April 13th and got approved for GC. They did not ask her any questions. She was told to go home and wait for the passport to be mailed. The passport arrived HYD 2 hours before we reached home. We are very happry that the process is over with. My wife entered US on F2 visa in May 95, then converted to H4 in Feb 97, to J1 in June 99 and to H1 in Feb 03. She finished her J1 3yrs requirement on March 10th of 2006. So we tried to have her interview scheduled in April and luckily got it just as we planned it. I am very thankful to lot of guys here for the feedback that I received. I have been following this post for about 4 to 5 years. Only this post. If you guys have any questions, I would be happy to respond to them.

Reenty

Will immigration office offer any document for reentry USA after I pass the green card interview? I will have my green card interview within the next few weeks, but I have an expired Malaysia passport. Malaysia government policy will not allowed renew expired passport from whom reside oversea. All Malaysian must renew its passport in Malaysia,if the passport expired, but Malaysia consulate will issue emergency certificate for traveling back to Malaysia only. Will the immigration officer stamp my expire passport or provide any document so that I can be assure can enter USA?

yehey

my husband got packet 3 and submitted it already... still waiting for packet 4...still waiting for him to come... :)

Hi I just faxed US Embassy Islamabad all the papers for follow to join

Should I mail them the papers also?

Heres is the list of what I have mailed

letter requesting initiation of follow to join benefit with my wife information
Copy of i-485 approval notice
copy of i-140 approval notice
copy of i-824 recipt notice
copy of ADIT stamp with my first two pages copy of passport
Copy of spouse passport and ID card
Copy of mairrage certificate
Copy of my and wife birth certificate

are these papers enough
when should my wife expect a response how much time does it take

ur reply is appriciated

ITIN number to spouse - I am sorry if it is irrelevant to this thread !

usnycus, srini_pvr, njblue, ftj and all !

I hope few of u remember me and I am sorry to ask an irrelevant question to this thread ... but u all know
that i am also in the same boat.... and this Q which i am going to ask is bcoz of traveling in this boat i guess !
And also I am hoping strongly that many of u wud've gone thru (who have done ftj and then filed tax returns)

Ok !

Question abt : Federal Tax returns - "ITIN number for spouse"

scenario in short :

Filed federal tax returns as married (not to get benefited by money but i thought i shud say i am married).
1) sent the W7 form to IRS (different address than the regular for ITIN processing right !)
2) bounced back - asking for w2 Tax returns.
3) Took HR Block Service and they also said ... i need to apply as married though my wife is not here .. and when they give
the option that i am married.... the system was asking either ssn or itin number... where the rep mentioned as applied for...
4) in the w7 form also, i put NA for the entry of the us for my wife... i basically sent the application for my wife.. after she signed and sent
the w7 form..
5) now they sent bak every thing asking for Certification either by issuing agency or by notary public of US ...
6) I talked to IRS and they said i can get it from the issuing agency... and i asked whether passport office is ok... and htey said it is okay
7)i asked my dad to check with passport offie bak in chennai ....and heard that they dont do this kinda thing...?
8) i have 45 days total time.... but only may be 20s left to answer if not they wud reject and i have to work on further..

I am curious any of you experienced people could help me out ... wot wud i do now ?

awaiting for ur answers !!

Again, Sorry for long writings and wrong question to this thread ..... but as i told u, other forum people might not knwo this..
and any valid answer wud help the other people in this forum also when they face this ...

{an update abt my ftj status which might be some info to some of u,
-I got my gc last April 19, 2 months after i came bak from india getting married ...filed ftj ...... initiated process in chennai around june 2005....
my PD is Aug 2002 and currently they r processing March 2001, I talked to chennai consulate last week ! .. i donno howlong things r gonna happen...}

(If u think it is irrelevant to answer in this thread, please message me private ... )

Thanks a lot,

Shiva.

Latest when can you get maried for FTJ

All Gurus,

I have some questions and needs answers from experts.

I have filed my I-485 (EB2) as my priority date is current. I do not know the exact date, I can get married but want to know how much before approval of my I-485 I should get married so that I can get my my wife here in USA based on Follow to Join procedure.

These are the corner cases I want to get clarifications on.

1) First of all about my immigration status:

Supposed I am in India and my I-485 gets approved while I am in India does it affect my immigration status in any case? Should I be able to get back in USA? If yes then on AP or on H1 or need to wait till get GC card.

2) Supposed I am in India for my marriage and my I-485 gets approved while I am in India how many days before I should get married till my I-485 approval date? Is it minimum of 1 day before approval date or more than that? In the worst case since India is 9.5 to 12.5 hours ahead of USA if the date clashes is there any tie-breaker?

Thanks,
neargc

Call them and make sure that they recieved the documnets. Also ask them if they have created a case file. If not ask them when it will be done. They will send the packet 3.5 to your wifes adress as mentioned in your forms.

archer747 said:
Kamaran or any body else could u please reply my earlier post

question

how long does it usually take to receive packet 4?? i called us embassy they said that my husbands papers qualified last may 15....wat does that mean??

Hi, I'm married for a little bit over a year, my interview went great, and I already received my GC CR6, I undertand that in 2 years I'll have to send a form to receive my permanent GC, the problem is that my husband has been acting weird, I'm afraid he wants to leave me, we have been fighting a lot, what should I do if he decides to abandon me?What if he wants to divorce.Do I have to go to a second interview in 2 years or just send a form?????Please, somebody help me!!What should I do?

I-130

I got married before I received my GC, and filed the I-130 after I received my card. Would I be able to file the follow to join petition for my spouse and not have to wait for the immigrant visa number to become availble? and how soon will she be eligible to file for employment authorization?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Getting Married to US GC Holder

Hello :) :

I am an Indian citizen living in India right now. I am getting married to a girl in US. She has her GC for past 55 months. I have few questions:

1> Shall we get married prior to her citizenship?

2> When she will be able to file for her citizenship and how long will it take her to be citizen?

3> If we get married now prior to her citizenship or after her citizenship -- what would be the process for my getting the GC or visa to accompany her to USA?

4> Any advise or useful tips from experienced would be helpful.

Thanks

WAITING PERIOD for FTJ

GURUs:

In Chennai consulate how long it takes for getting the appointment for immigrant visa interview once the case has been created and we mail them the packet 3.0.

gcmera2 said:
GURUs:

In Chennai consulate how long it takes for getting the appointment for immigrant visa interview once the case has been created and we mail them the packet 3.0.

They took two months to give us the appointment, once the priority date became current.

Status
Not open for further replies.