Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gcmera2
I haven't got any of the messages from you. Also if its ok with you can you post all the messages here so that the people can also take benefit from your case and see whats going on. Otherwise you can always send me PM...

Good Luck.

gcmera2 said:
Kamrans:

I need your help again. Please check your personal mail box. Thanks.

Kamrans

Hi Kamrans:

Thanks for the reply. I want to know little more about the bank statement requirement that u mentioned. What exactly is it? Is it some thing that shows my avarage bank balance every month ?

My other question is whether spouse needs to take pay checks/w2/tax papers etc to consulate?

The bank statement should state the amount deposited in the last year. You can get the full information when you read the description in I-134 form. It states all the documents needed and how to make them.
Yes your spouse should go with Pay checks and tax papers. In fact you need to submit the tax papers along with packet 3.5.
Let me know if you have any other question.

Wish you good Luck.

gcmera2 said:
Hi Kamrans:

Thanks for the reply. I want to know little more about the bank statement requirement that u mentioned. What exactly is it? Is it some thing that shows my avarage bank balance every month ?

My other question is whether spouse needs to take pay checks/w2/tax papers etc to consulate?

Thanks Kamrans

Kamrans:

Thanks on that one. I appreciate your help and time.

I will get back to you again down the road if I have any more questions.

I am sure I will have questions for you though.

Last edited by a moderator:
After I-824 approved

I have two questions.Please help me.

Question1: I filed I-824 on Aug 2005 and got approved on Jan 2006. Now,
Do i need to wait until Chennai consulate call my spouse?
Or
Do I need to send I-824 approved copy to chennai consoluate?

Question 2: If Visa Number is required is for follow-to-join process, what is the advantage of going with FTJ than filing I-130?

Advance thanks for your help.

agpatti said:

Or

Question 2: If Visa Number is required is for follow-to-join process, what is the advantage of going with FTJ than filing I-130?

You and your wife will receive a packet-3 from Channai consulate. fill the packet-3 with all the information and send it to Chennai consulate and wait for the appointment from consulate Chennai.

FTJ -My expereince

I have filed FTJ in Jan 06. Sent a mail two weeks later to Chennai consulate to create a case number and process case. Here is the response from them.

"We have created a case for xxxxxx. The case no is xxxxxxxxxxx.

We will schedule appointment for visa interview and mail an
appointment letter with all instructions. "

Are we not supposed to receive packet 3 or 4 rather than interview?

Has anything changed in processing?

My I-824 is still pending. I have submitted receipt notice of I-824.

Check out the PD of family and employment based categories and you will find out the difference between them.

agpatti said:

Or

Nothing got changed. Wait for the letter. You will probably get the packet 3.5. They need police certificate, I-134, medical, bank and compay's letter for the interview and without the instructions nobody can do it. So wait for packet 3.5.

Good Luck.

MyOdyssey said:
I have filed FTJ in Jan 06. Sent a mail two weeks later to Chennai consulate to create a case number and process case. Here is the response from them.

"We have created a case for xxxxxx. The case no is xxxxxxxxxxx.

We will schedule appointment for visa interview and mail an
appointment letter with all instructions. "

Are we not supposed to receive packet 3 or 4 rather than interview?

Has anything changed in processing?

My I-824 is still pending. I have submitted receipt notice of I-824.

Police certificate for Interview

My I-824 approved for EB2 category. My wife was in India when her I-485 got approved and she was not able to come before her parole expired (due to family reason). So I used I-824 (FTJ) for her. Now my wife has interview on 02/13/2006 at Chennai consulate (FTJ). I have sent all required documents. But in the required document list they have mentioned police clearance letter from Passport office. She already has police letter from my local residence location. Is she need one from passport office? Please some one reply as early as possible.
Thanks and regards,
Ganaraj.

Ganaraj said:
My I-824 approved for EB2 category. My wife was in India when her I-485 got approved and she was not able to come before her parole expired (due to family reason). So I used I-824 (FTJ) for her. Now my wife has interview on 02/13/2006 at Chennai consulate (FTJ). I have sent all required documents. But in the required document list they have mentioned police clearance letter from Passport office. She already has police letter from my local residence location. Is she need one from passport office? Please some one reply as early as possible.
Thanks and regards,
Ganaraj.

It is advisable to carry the clearance from the passport office. This will only take few hours. Your wife needs to go to Misc. services in the PP office and pay Rs300 for this certificate. If she goes in person, they will issue it sameday.

Sorry for interrupting but i am new here ... how do I get a new thread started ?

I am on a H1/B Visa and my girl friend has just become an American citizen. However
she came to the USA as a sponsored wife some ten or so years ago. My question is
can she sponsor me once her divorce comes through which is in the process? The information I have is that this is OK as she has been a permanent resident for over
5 years ... is this correct?

Thanks

Trevor

Thanks for the helpful replies guys ... much appreciated :)

Last edited by a moderator:
trevor said:
Sorry for interrupting but i am new here ... how do I get a new thread started ?

I am on a H1/B Visa and my girl friend has just become an American citizen. However
she came to the USA as a sponsored wife some ten or so years ago. My question is
can she sponsor me once her divorce comes through which is in the process? The information I have is that this is OK as she has been a permanent resident for over

Thanks

Trevor

Read the instruction for I-130, I think she has to pass certain amount of years after her divorce to be able to aply for you. Check it

It's not from the day of divorce. It from the day she got her PR status.

And, period is 5 years. Please check section 3.E.1 (on page 1) of I-130 form.

nasrmobin said:
Read the instruction for I-130, I think she has to pass certain amount of years after her divorce to be able to aply for you. Check it

See Inline ...

trevor said:
See Inline
... After your login

a) Please click on 'New Thread' Button located on left hand side on the forum page. Button is above 'Announcement' section.

OR

b) Follow this link: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=39

I am on a H1/B Visa and my girl friend has just become an American citizen. However she came to the USA as a sponsored wife some ten or so years ago. My question is can she sponsor me once her divorce comes through which is in the process?
... Yes. She can.

The information I have is that this is OK as she has been a permanent resident for over
... Yes. Information you have is correct.

Thanks

Trevor

F2J: dollar exchange rate for US Consulate, Chennai

Hello Folks,
Does anyone know the current dollar exchange rate being accepted by
Chennai Consulate for IV Consular Processing drafts? Is it 46 Rs ?

I know they ask people to call the Consulate and find out, but I am sure
everyone here is aware of how tough it is to get them on the phone!!

thanks,
paras2

Always send some more money then expected. Make it 48 and I am sure that it will resolve the issue.
I dont know the currency exchange rate and how they calculate.
Good Luck

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,
Does anyone know the current dollar exchange rate being accepted by
Chennai Consulate for IV Consular Processing drafts? Is it 46 Rs ?

I know they ask people to call the Consulate and find out, but I am sure
everyone here is aware of how tough it is to get them on the phone!!

thanks,
paras2

more is not good too!

kamrans,
I have read in this forum that even if you give a draft with more than
the required fees..Chennai Consulate will not accept it..I think it has to
be the exact amount. thanks anyway for the response.
paras2

kamrans said:
Always send some more money then expected. Make it 48 and I am sure that it will resolve the issue.
I dont know the currency exchange rate and how they calculate.
Good Luck

That's correct. DD has to be for correct amount.

Call consulate or visit their website and get the rate before you go for interview.

paras2 said:
kamrans,
I have read in this forum that even if you give a draft with more than
the required fees..Chennai Consulate will not accept it..I think it has to
be the exact amount. thanks anyway for the response.
paras2

Status
Not open for further replies.