Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The interview for FTJ is on 03/16 (found from consulate web site). We have not received any communication from consulate so far. We did not submit DS-230. I-824 was approved today.

Address Change

Guys,
My Wife had a successful FTJ interview at chennai. The Consulate officer did not ask any questions. He complimented the paper work, and told her she would get her passport with in 3 days. We received the PP yesterday with an immigrant visa. I am moving to a new state next week. Would there be a problem if i change my address at POE to get the GC and Social Security card.. Please advise me

successful FTJ interview

Hello Folks,
My wife got her visa after she attended her FTJ interview (in Chennai) earlier this week.

Just a couple of questions asked.."Which company does your husband work for?" & "When did he get his GC".

I am very thankful to the members of this forum, esp. to
usnycus, rajinca & PrinceOfJungle for their inputs.

Good Luck to all the future FTJ folks. I would suggest reading this thread
right from the beginning, as it has answers to many questions that
one may face in their FTJ quest.

regards,
paras2

Finally u got it. Congratulations and pls pray for us

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,
My wife got her visa after she attended her FTJ interview (in Chennai) earlier this week.

Just a couple of questions asked.."Which company does your husband work for?" & "When did he get his GC".

regards,
paras2

Questions I-824 please

1) Especially, PART 3 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION is about the green-card holder and not his spouse who is in India, right?

2) In short, I-824 is all about the Green-Card holder and not about the beneficiary, right?

Please RSVP. Thanks.

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,

regards,
paras2
Congrates Paras.. Finally your long wait is over :)

poongunranar said:
1) Especially, PART 3 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION is about the green-card holder and not his spouse who is in India, right?

2) In short, I-824 is all about the Green-Card holder and not about the beneficiary, right?

Please RSVP. Thanks.
Yes. All the information is about Green card holder. Attach different sheet to add your spouse info.

Different sheet for spouse in I-824???

rajinca said:
Yes. All the information is about Green card holder. Attach different sheet to add your spouse info.

Instructions for I-824 merely ask for the copies of approved petitions. There isn't anything that suggests attachment of spousal details as I understand all it needs is evidence of approval of Green-Card with the I-797 so that it can cable a particular consulate / embassy in the foreign country, right?

Call or visit them.

You may need appointment letter to get into consulate/embassy.

Good luck.

MyOdyssey said:
The interview for FTJ is on 03/16 (found from consulate web site). We have not received any communication from consulate so far. We did not submit DS-230. I-824 was approved today.

Congrats .... Paras2 ....

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,

regards,
paras2

You should be fine.

But, USCIS/ASC do mess up things (like sending letter to old address etc.) when there is change of address.

Also, just make sure you file AR-11 for yourself.
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/ar-11.pdf

aix2005 said:
Guys,
My Wife had a successful FTJ interview at chennai. The Consulate officer did not ask any questions. He complimented the paper work, and told her she would get her passport with in 3 days. We received the PP yesterday with an immigrant visa. I am moving to a new state next week. Would there be a problem if i change my address at POE to get the GC and Social Security card.. Please advise me

You are right.

It's not required but it's not going to harm in any way.

poongunranar said:
Instructions for I-824 merely ask for the copies of approved petitions. There isn't anything that suggests attachment of spousal details as I understand all it needs is evidence of approval of Green-Card with the I-797 so that it can cable a particular consulate / embassy in the foreign country, right?

Urgent PoE Questions

Hello Folks,
My wife recently got her IV through FTJ at Chennai Consulate. On the visa
there is an "annotation" that says: "valid only if accompanied by FTJ spouse". My questions are:

* Does this mean I have to goto India and accompany her back to the US?
* Is this requirement something new, or has it been around even before?

Please let me know,
paras2

aix2005 said:
Guys,

Hi Aix2005

Congrats! What is your priority date and the category (EB?).

Thanks for your time.

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,

regards,
paras2

Hi paras2

Congrats! What is your priority date and the category (EB?).

Thanks for your time.

Dont know. I would assume that FTJ spouse can come alone as well like other visas.
Why dont you send email to consulate and ask them. Also ask the department of state as well.
I would better suggest that you should accompany her if the situation is not clear.

Good Luck man.

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,
My wife recently got her IV through FTJ at Chennai Consulate. On the visa
there is an "annotation" that says: "valid only if accompanied by FTJ spouse". My questions are:

* Does this mean I have to goto India and accompany her back to the US?
* Is this requirement something new, or has it been around even before?

Please let me know,
paras2

Regd PoE Question

the exact words on the visa are:
"valid only if Acc FTJ Father Mother Spouse"

I think I may have got confused by this concise terminology. This could
mean "valid only if this person is accompanying OR following to join
father, mother or spouse", but that is just my guess. If this is the
meaning, then I guess it is ok for spouse to enter alone.

In any case, I have mailed Consulate, so let me see how it turns out.
Also if any of the folks here whose wives have got their visas can
DOUBLE-CHECK if this message was there even for them, it will be great.

paras2

kamrans said:
Dont know. I would assume that FTJ spouse can come alone as well like other visas.
Why dont you send email to consulate and ask them. Also ask the department of state as well.
I would better suggest that you should accompany her if the situation is not clear.

Good Luck man.

Status
Not open for further replies.