Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega007

Send both, part I & II from DS-230 and keep an extra copy (of both) that you can carry along during interview.

Also, I think DS-2002 is "Instructions for Immigrant Visa Application".

Usnycus,
I need your help. As i mentioned in my previous post that my case has been forwarded to Mumbai Cosulate. Yesterday, i got a email from Mumbai Consulate saying that "your daughter resides in Mumbai so Delhi Consulate has forwarded the case to us in Mumbai so we didn't got your documents yet so please send your document to Mumbai." Now i am completely disturbed because On the I-824 Approval Notice Cosulate Name is written is Delhi so do i have to get New Approval Notice from INS for the Mumbai Consulate?? if yes then it is too bad for me it tooks almost a year to approve I-824. Will they ok with the Notice in which has Delhi Consulate's name? Also i dont have idea about Mumbai Consulate how they process and how long they took to create the case and schedule the interview after we send them the documents. About Delhi , and chennai i know. will i stuck with them badly???? What i should i do.

To day I sent them the documents by fedex which they request me to send in their email. What I should do to bring this case on the right track??
Mumbai Consulate how long does it normaly takes to create the case and shedule the interview date after we send them the docs.?

Diamond4u,

I also don’t have any experience with Mumbai US consulate.

But, I would suggest you to follow same process/procedure. Send all the papers to Mumbai consulate and wait for a month. If you don’t hear back from US consulate, start calling/mailing them.

Good luck.

Usnycus,
I got response from Mumbai that they have created the Case # so i have the case No. with me now.

1. Now what next??
2. when i can expect the interview date? (Feb or March or Latter?)
3. Will they send me Packet-3 ? ( i already sent them the Ds230 I and
Ds2001 and I-134 with other documents)

Case created ...... That's a good news.

Also, Check inline ...

Diamond4u said:
Usnycus,
I got response from Mumbai that they have created the Case # so i have the case No. with me now.

1. Now what next??
... I would say wait for a month and then contact Mumbai consulate. Also, you can use following link to check if they have scheduled interview:
http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/interview_appt_schedule.html

2. when i can expect the interview date? (Feb or March or Latter?)
... It's very difficult to answer. It all depends upon # of application they have received and papers/documents you have provided.
3. Will they send me Packet-3 ? ( i already sent them the Ds230 I and
Ds2001 and I-134 with other documents)
... They may send you packet-3 again. If you have already provided all the paperwork, just carry all those again during interview.

Urgent Help On FTJ

Hi friends,

I have my I-485 pending and I am expecting approval in this month. Is there something that I can do to bring my wife from out side USA on FTJ basis. I mean while my I-485 is still pending can I start any kind of paper work with either INS here in USA or at consulate abroad pertaining to paper work for FTJ for my wife. I want to save the valuable time like all of you in the processing of FTJ for my wife. I understand we can send some paper work to consulate in advance before I get my I-485 approval. Am I correct? Also please advise me all the steps that I have to do in this long process. Please advise on the necessary documents at consulate for her. thanks.

I doubt either USCIS or US consulate will do any work till your I-485 is approved.

If you are sure that I-485 will be approved in another month or so, you can do following:

1) Start collecting/filling forms from USCIS/DOS website.
- DS-230 Part-1 & II
- Affidavit of Support (I-134)

2) Start working on paperwork you need from your side.
- Employment Letter
- Tax Transcript from IRS OR 1040
- W2 forms
- Pay-stubs
- Bank Statements

3) Start working on paperwork you need from your home country.
- Spouse Passport (also, check if you can add your name on that passport)
- Birth Certificate (Translated in English, for spouse)
- Marriage certificate (Translated in English)
- Medical (just get info, you won’t be able to do this till you have interview date)
- Photograph (for spouse)
- Police Clearance (for spouse)
- Fees (just get info, you won’t be able to do this till you have interview date.

Submit I-824 NOW

gcmera2 said:
Hi friends,

I have my I-485 pending and I am expecting approval in this month. Is there something that I can do to bring my wife from out side USA on FTJ basis. I mean while my I-485 is still pending can I start any kind of paper work with either INS here in USA or at consulate abroad pertaining to paper work for FTJ for my wife. I want to save the valuable time like all of you in the processing of FTJ for my wife. I understand we can send some paper work to consulate in advance before I get my I-485 approval. Am I correct? Also please advise me all the steps that I have to do in this long process. Please advise on the necessary documents at consulate for her. thanks.

File I-824 application NOW...because this
is required for Follow To Join case in all consulates except India.

Follow-to-Join Question

I filed my I-485 (on the basis of an approved employment-based petition) in March 2002. I got married in India in December 2002. My I-485 was approved in March 2004.
Can I file an I-824 now to get my spouse permanent residence? She is now in India and has never been to the U.S.

Yes you can file your I-824 if you get married before your 485 approval, your wife never come to US and you are in employment based category.

Do it as soon as you can and best of luck dude.

FTJ Question

Friends:

Please advise on how to apply for I-824. I understand that this is the very first step in this process of FTJ. Also let me know whether this can be done if both husband and wife are from India. Do I need to file this I-824 in India or in USA?

What if I have changed the employer after I-485 approval into the similar job. Does this affect the chances of getting FTJ approval for the spouse.

Also let me know whether the spouse needs to carry the husband's employment documents to FTJ interview. What if she just shows husband's I-485 approval notice in the interview. I am assuming all that the officer wants to compare is the date of I-485 approval and date of marriage right? Why should the officer bother about husband's employment details when he can see the I-485 approval notice? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Delhi (India) consulate told us during FTJ interview that I-824 is not required. But, we have seen other consulate requesting I-824 before working on FTJ cases. Check your home country US embassy-consulate before you apply for I-824. It takes 4-6 months to get I-824 approval and that may unnecessarily delay the process.

Also, check inline.

gcmera2 said:
Friends:

Please advise on how to apply for I-824. I understand that this is the very first step in this process of FTJ. Also let me know whether this can be done if both husband and wife are from India. Do I need to file this I-824 in India or in USA?
... You need to submit I-824 to USCIS service center (in US). Check following link to get details about I-824:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-824.htm

You can use attached supporting letter (note: please make changes accordingly) along with I-824. Cover letter also contains list of doc normally required to submit I-824.

What if I have changed the employer after I-485 approval into the similar job. Does this affect the chances of getting FTJ approval for the spouse.
... No. FTJ cases are not affected by switching employer. As long as you submit I-134 (affidavit of support) along with supporting documents, things should sail smooth.

Also let me know whether the spouse needs to carry the husband's employment documents to FTJ interview. What if she just shows husband's I-485 approval notice in the interview. I am assuming all that the officer wants to compare is the date of I-485 approval and date of marriage right? Why should the officer bother about husband's employment details when he can see the I-485 approval notice?
... Employment letter is required as part of affidavit of support (I-134). Employment letter helps in establishing that Primary beneficiary is capable of supporting FTJ beneficiary upon her/his US arrival. Before approving FTJ case, US consulate needs to make sure that FTJ beneficiary is not going to be burden on US social system.

Thanks.

I-824 is Action on an already approved I-485. I dont think you can file it before your I-485 is approved. You can bring her as a dependant if your status right now is a non Immigrant ie h1,f1 etc..

gcmera2 said:
Friends:

Also let me know whether the spouse needs to carry the husband's employment documents to FTJ interview. What if she just shows husband's I-485 approval notice in the interview. I am assuming all that the officer wants to compare is the date of I-485 approval and date of marriage right? Why should the officer bother about husband's employment details when he can see the I-485 approval notice? Thanks.

This is not correct. I filed my wife's I-824 before my I-485 approval and they both got approved on the same day. Cases may vary but its better to get advise from a good lawyer.

rammyrammy said:
I-824 is Action on an already approved I-485. I dont think you can file it before your I-485 is approved. You can bring her as a dependant if your status right now is a non Immigrant ie h1,f1 etc..

FTJ case

Friends:

What would be the next step once I file the I-824 to service center in USA for informing the consulate(in abroad) about the approval of I-485.

Also Is there some other paper work that we can do while waiting for approval of I- 824.

After my I-824 approval what do I do? Do I ask the spouse to go for interview? or Do we have to wait for the consulate to call us?

I already answered to “things you can do while I-824/485 is pending”. Please check following post:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1328783&postcount=1978

Regarding interview, you cannot walk in and expect consulate to take on-spot FTJ interview. After submitting all the papers you need to wait for interview date/letter from consulate.

gcmera2 said:
Friends:

What would be the next step once I file the I-824 to service center in USA for informing the consulate(in abroad) about the approval of I-485.

Also Is there some other paper work that we can do while waiting for approval of I- 824.

After my I-824 approval what do I do? Do I ask the spouse to go for interview? or Do we have to wait for the consulate to call us?

Status
Not open for further replies.