Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to waive I-824

Hi,

I just realised that I-824 is taking 6-7 months in VERMONT. Is there a way that my spouse could go for interview (even to try out) at consulate along with my I-485 receipt and approval notice of I-485 soon without waiting for I-824 approval.

By the way what is meant by pocket-3? Thanks.

Gcamera,
Check my old postings. You will get lot of other information. You can send the consulate the following documents to get the case created. I-824 approval is not necessary to get the follow to join visa. Even in some cases its not necessary to file it (Depending on the consulate).

1) Your I-551 stamp copy.
2) Your green card copy.
3) English translation of marriage certificate.
4) Copy of original marriage certificate
5) Copy of I-824 receipt notice.
6) Copy of your spouse passport.
7) Copy of your I-140 and I-485.
8) Copy of your spouse birth certificate.

Packet 3.5 is having all the instructions on how to apply and what else needs to be done. Usually it contains forms DS 230 A and B and forms for medical, police certificate and Affidavit of support. You will see when u get it.

Hope it helps and let me know if you need to know something else.
Good luck.

gcmera2 said:
Hi,

I just realised that I-824 is taking 6-7 months in VERMONT. Is there a way that my spouse could go for interview (even to try out) at consulate along with my I-485 receipt and approval notice of I-485 soon without waiting for I-824 approval.

By the way what is meant by pocket-3? Thanks.

EB3 and 245 i cases

Looks like that the EB3 category will remain stucked for long because of the 245 i cases. It may take years now to go forward. Here is something that I found and would like to share.

Here's Matthew Oh's take on this bulletin:

"The EB-1 and EB-2 for India and China have progressed substantially. Even EB-3 has moved for India and China impressively. Worldwide is still stuck with the 245(i) cases. India and China EB-3 will also be stuck in April 2001 once their numbers reach the date because of the massive 245(i) cases which were filed on or before April 30, 2001 by illegal aliens to take advantage of 245(i) relief before the law sunset. Reportedly, these numbers reached about 300,000. A substantial number of these cases are still left behind in the DOL Backlog Elimination Center. These cases have been moving extremely slow, but once the Centers pick up the speed, these cases will add a tremendous pressures on the EB-3 visa numbers as most of these cases have very early priority dates. Worse yet, the USCIS is expected to pick up the speed of EB-485 adjudication to meet the Bush's commitment to reducing processing to six months by the end of September 2006, which is only eight months away. There are a huge number of 245(i) cases which have yet to move into the stream of EB-3 I-485 rows which will eventually take out EB-3 numbers, constraining the progression of EB-3 numbers continuously. "

Consular Processing in Chennai

Hi,

I would like to get some suggestions for anybody who has gone through consular processing in Chennai.

I would appreciate if you can contact me through email (pariboopalan@hotmail.com) or post a reply to this.

Thanks,

pari

timeline for scheduling interview

Hello Folks,
Does anyone know how long Chennai Consulate takes to schedule
an interview for F2J CP, once priority date becomes current?
thanks,
paras

Help!!help!!!help!!!

Hi folks,

I-130 was filled out on April 2001, my wife became a US citizen on August 2004, I-130 application was transfered from Vermont to Newark NJ, on September 2004. I did not receive any notice. I took an appointment, and went there with my wife on November 2005, the officer told us , as August 2005, you will be scheduled for a Wednesday interview, since than, nothing is new. I have another pending case (asylum), the judge is waiting for I-130 to be approved.

PLEASE ADVICE ME, WHAT I SHOULD DO? HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR AN INTERVIEW.

THANK YOU...

It all depends on case load at the consulate. Normally, you should hear something back from consulate within 2-3 months.

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,
Does anyone know how long Chennai Consulate takes to schedule
an interview for F2J CP, once priority date becomes current?
thanks,
paras

Looks like you have not yet submitted I-485.

First thing first, send I-485 application along with US citizen spouse naturalization certificate and I-130 application copy. Request USCIS to upgrade your case from spouse of PR to spouse of USC.

LIRAG said:
Hi folks,

I-130 was filled out on April 2001, my wife became a US citizen on August 2004, I-130 application was transfered from Vermont to Newark NJ, on September 2004. I did not receive any notice. I took an appointment, and went there with my wife on November 2005, the officer told us , as August 2005, you will be scheduled for a Wednesday interview, since than, nothing is new. I have another pending case (asylum), the judge is waiting for I-130 to be approved.

PLEASE ADVICE ME, WHAT I SHOULD DO? HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR AN INTERVIEW.

THANK YOU...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bank Statement format for F2J CP interview

Hello usnycus/poj/srini/rajinca and other gurus,
Can any of you folks be kind enough to post the expected format for
the bank statement that needs to be taken for CP F2J interview?

Also, does the spouse need to carry ORIGINALs of previous W-2s
and ORIGINALS of latest paystubs or will certified copies do?
thanks,
paras

See Inline ...

paras2 said:
Hello usnycus/poj/srini/rajinca and other gurus,
Can any of you folks be kind enough to post the expected format for
the bank statement that needs to be taken for CP F2J interview?
... My wife carried statements I received from banks.
But if you prefer, you can ask your bank to come up with letter. I remember getting bank letter (showing average fund and account status) from Chase bank in 1996 for F-1 visa application. Just visit them and check with your bank.

Also, does the spouse need to carry ORIGINALs of previous W-2s
and ORIGINALS of latest paystubs or will certified copies do?
...Spouse carried original W-2 for last three years. I would carry originals, you never know what they (i.e. consulate) come up with during interview and I am sure you don’t want any delay in FTJ case because of W-2.

thanks,
paras

Don't know if we pay attention to the visa bulletin or not. Today I read the whole thing for the first time and gathered the quotes from the last 6 six months. See it below for employment based preference and anyone can analyze what is going to happen next

June 2005

As mentioned in the Visa Bulletin announcing the May cut-off dates, demand for visa numbers in the Employment Other Worker category has remained extremely high despite the imposition of a cut-off date. As a result, it has been necessary to retrogress the June cut-off date in an attempt to hold number use within the annual limit. It is likely that the limit will be reached sometime during June, and the category would immediately become “unavailable”.

July 2005

The Employment Third and Third Other Worker categories have reached their annual limits and no further FY-2005 allocations are possible for the period July through September. With the start of the new fiscal year in October, numbers will once again become available in these categories. It is not possible to make any estimates regarding potential cut-off dates at this time.

August 2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.

September 2005

The backlog reduction efforts of both Citizenship and Immigration Services, and the Department of Labor continue to result in very heavy demand for Employment-based numbers. It is anticipated that the amount of such cases will be sufficient to use all available numbers in many categories. As a result cut-off dates in the Employment Third preferency category will apply to the China, India, and Philippines chargeabilities beginning in October, and it is possible that Mexico may be added to this list. In addition, it is anticipated that heavy demand will require the establishment of a Third preference cut-off date on a Worldwide basis by December.

The amount of Employment demand for applicants from China and India is also likely to result in the oversubcription of the Employment First and Second preference categories for those chargeability areas. The establishment of such cut-off dates is expected to occur no later than December.

The level of demand in the Employment categories is expected to be far in excess of the annual limits, and once established, cut-off date meovements are likely to be slow.

October 2005

Item D in the Visa Bulletin (number 85) announcing the September cut-off dates provided information regarding the prospects of visa availability during the early months of FY-2006. Many categories have become oversubscribed for October, and cut-off dates established due to continued heavy demand for numbers by CIS for adjustment of status cases. Forward movement of the cut-off dates in these categories is likely to be limited.

November 2005

The backlog reduction efforts of both Citizenship and Immigration Services and the Department of Labor continue to result in very heavy demand for Employment-based numbers. The amount of cases currently being processed is sufficient to use all available numbers in many categories. The level of demand in the Employment categories is expected to be far in excess of the annual limits, and once established, cut-off date movements are likely to be slow.

December 2005

Many of the Employment preference cut-off dates have advanced for the month of December. This is being done based on the amount of demand currently being received from Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and consideration for CIS’s processing procedures and staffing patterns. Applicant demand for numbers may be expected to increase following rapid advances in the cut-off dates. This could cause cut-off date movement to be sporadic, and eventually slow or stop later in the fiscal year. At this time, it is not possible to predict the rate of movement in future months.

January 2005
-----

February 2005

The movement of Employment cut-off dates during the past several months has been greater than originally anticipated. This has been a direct result of low visa number demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases. It is not possible at present to speculate how soon CIS number use will significantly increase. Once increased demand does materialize, however, cut-off date movements will necessarily slow or stop.

problem with employment letter

My Employment letter shows the salary of $84000, but my last year W2 shows only $72000 because I was on un-paid vacation for 2 months in India. Does it cause problem during the interview ..

Please help me on this issue

Not at all. There are too many reasons for less salary including the one that you stated. Dont get worried. you are in good shape.

aix2005 said:
My Employment letter shows the salary of $84000, but my last year W2 shows only $72000 because I was on un-paid vacation for 2 months in India. Does it cause problem during the interview ..

Please help me on this issue

what one needs to do to apply for a green card

I just got married like a month ago to a us citizen, I wanted to know all the documents I need to have when i send my documents to uscis for an appointment besides the I485 what other documents do i need, a marriage certificate what else just needing some help.

I-485 Pending - Retrogression - Getting married

I filed I-485 last year 04/2005, my case is pending, EB-3 rir, PD 04/30/01, is retrogress, now they are processing PD 04/22/01. I want to get married. We are planning for her to come next week on a turist visa, get married and file whatever we need. Questions.
Are we going to re-file I-485? Are we going to be able to file for her travel permit and work permit? What could cause problems. I am going to a lawyer tomorrow, but I would like your opinions. Thank you all very much.

interview letter

My PD is current in Feb, 2006. And my P3 was sent to Guangzhou last sept. Does anyone have information on when I should get my interview based on FTJ. THanks for any inputs.

Good News

AILA has reported the DOS advised AILA that "thanks? to" the decrease in demand for EB visa numbers from USCIS I-485 cases and 245(i) labor cases still being held in the Department of Labor, the visa number would progress forward as follows:
Worldwide EB-1 and EB-2: There will be no cut-off date for the these categories.
Worldwide EB-3: Unlike the DOS previous prediction that the large number of 245(i) filings would be filed during March and April 2001 and it would result in a surge of EB-3 number demand and would limit movement of the cut-off date, 245(i) cases still remain at the DOL and therefore there will be movement in EB-3 visa numbers.
India EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
India EB-3: It will move ahead but may become limited down the road.
China EB-1 and EB-2: It will continue a rapid movement for the next several months.
China EB-3: It will stay at the Worldwide date.
What a good news!

Status
Not open for further replies.