Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
mojavetoo said:
FTJ folks:

Please look carefully at DS230 Part 2 (it's needed for the interview)
Did you guys notice item #29?

It wants to know who did your I-140...i.e. the
company that did your GC.

Which company did you fill for item #29?

mojavetoo,

sorry, its a late reply. Since we yet to fill up the DS230 Part 2(since its required only at the time of interview)... i dint even think about it. But Do anybody know how high the risk is of changing the employer for it to affect the FTJ process ? Though I was concerned while I was changing, I heard people doing that .... thanks.

EB2 - 1st JAN 01
Does anyone with PD prior to 1st jan 01, get appointment from Chennai consulate?
My PD is 14th Aug 01 and I applied for my wifes FTJ at Chennai consulate.
Can anyone guess when my PD would be current?

Good News

Looks like the Budget Deficit Bill will pass with great majority in the Senate. They have contradictions on medicare medicaid etc but no one has any problem with 8001 and 8002.
Now house is working on the same issue. The conferee is already declared and hopefully someting will be out by the end of this month.

Stay tuned and pray for all.

Priority Date on Packet 3

Hi,

My I-824 application was approved and forward to Chenni. But the priority date is incorrect. I am trying to get the chenni guys to change the date but they keep asking for I-140 approval notice. Sadly, I cannot find it in my file and the company that did the process cannot find it either. My question to you is, is the I-797 (basically 485 approval copy) acceptable for changing the priority date or is I-140 required? Any suggestions as to how to get a copy of I-140 from INS is greatly appreciated.

Yes, somebody from Chennai

vravi100 said:
Hi,

My I-824 application was approved and forward to Chenni. But the priority date is incorrect. I am trying to get the chenni guys to change the date but they keep asking for I-140 approval notice. Sadly, I cannot find it in my file and the company that did the process cannot find it either. My question to you is, is the I-797 (basically 485 approval copy) acceptable for changing the priority date or is I-140 required? Any suggestions as to how to get a copy of I-140 from INS is greatly appreciated.

Somebody else from Chennai had the same problem.

Read previous posts on this thread.

It's a few months back.

Good luck

Hi mojavetoo,

I got a e-mail reply from Chenni this morning saying that I-140 is the only acceptable form to change the priority date. I read couple of the messages on this board but they had a copy of the I-140 form.

Hi Ravi:

I-140 approval notice is a property of your company. Your lawyer/company shld have it. I am surprised they cannot find it.

But as far as I know, PD shld be present on I-485 approval notice... It tells your category, PD, etc (Did you make sure with the lady that it is I-797 (approval of 485) or I-140)......

Regards
Srini

I-824 Approved Want to know how to proceed faster with Delhi Embassy

Dear Friends,
I filled I-824 follow to join for my daughter in india when i did I-485 and i got my GC but my daughter's I-824 just got approved, i dont know how to proceed faster with new delhi embassy? My daughter's address is changed and i dont know how to inform delhi embassy the new address? they will send the mail to old address. Please help me i dont know how to go faster way?

1. What kind of documents i need for delhi embassy? my daughter would be 14years soon.

2. How i am able to know the case no.

3.How much minimum income i need for 7member family?

4.How much cash amount should be there in Bank Account?

5. Is it possible to send Packet#3 to Embassy in advance to save time before the embassy send to my daughter?

6.do they reply email or Fax or do they talk on phone about the case? How i know that they got notice from INS about my case?
Please help me i dont know how to save time? Please share your exprience.

7. Do my daughter need fingerprint?

In which category my daughter is in? Mine was L-1

I got GC through L-1 and i guess it was EB-1 so what is the category for my 13years old daughter? i filled I-824 when i did mine. Please help me. Is it current?. I-824 is just approved.

Urgent

Guys,
There is a big effort going on to contact the senators and congressmen to pass s.1932 with all the provisions. You can see the thread in the main with the name of "Priority dates retrogression issues" and then S.1932 Status.
I salute people from India for their great efforts in contacting everybody. I request people from this forum to join that group for the common cause. If those ammendments got approved our cases will be settled right away. So please join them.

Thanks.

Diamond4U

Diamnond4U,
This is something specific. Since your questions are of unique nature I would better suggest contacting some good lawyer and get his opinion. Below are the answers to your questions with my understanding:

1. What kind of documents i need for delhi embassy? my daughter would be
14years soon.

you need to send copies of the following to the delhi embassy to initiate the FTJ process. Dont call them or ask them.
a) Copy of I 824 receipt notice and approval notice.
b) Copy of your PR card.
c) Copy of your I 140 and I 485 approval notices (Sometimes they need it).
d) Copy of your passport.
e) Copy of your daughter's birth certificate.
f) Letter stating that you are sending these docs and the address got changed as follows and contact details of USA and India.

2. How i am able to know the case no.

Once you send them these documents contact them after a month and they will tell u the case number. Usually in that time frame she will get Packet 3.5

3.How much minimum income i need for 7member family?

I dont have any idea but for immediate family members I dont think its a big deal. Anywhere from 2500-3000 USD would be good amount.

4.How much cash amount should be there in Bank Account?

There is no limit on it. I would say minimum would be 5000 dollars but this is not hard and fast rule.

5. Is it possible to send Packet#3 to Embassy in advance to save time before the embassy send to my daughter?
Better let them send you everything.

6.do they reply email or Fax or do they talk on phone about the case? How i know that they got notice from INS about my case?
I waited for 5 months to get response from them and they never contacted and later on I send them all those docs to get the process started. By law they have to contact the beneficiary within 2 weeks but hardly it happens. So dont wait for them to contact you.

Please help me i dont know how to save time? Please share your exprience.

7. Do my daughter need fingerprint?
She will need medical and police certificates etc and all information will be given in the packet 3.5 so dont worry about it. The finger print will be taken when she will go for the interview.

Depending on the category you are in they will create case for you. If the PD is not current they wont even create your case and then you have to wait. EB1 for India is July 1st 2003. Check your PD and find it out with the visa bulletin.

Hope I have answered your questions. Best of luck.

Dear Kamran, assalam alekum!!
Bahot bahot shukriya for your answers. i want to know my daughter is only 13year old rightnow so she still need police certificate? she is in bombay last few years so from where she would need police certificate? from my home town or from bombay?

Do i need to notorized these docs? i got only the I-824 notice in my name there is no my daughter name on it. is it normal or do i need the notice for my daughter too?.

My Green Card is on L-1(multi national Executive) and that is EB-1 so what should be my daughter's PD? On the notice it is written Jun 2002. so is it current? If my daughter's PD is same as mine then i think it should be current you said the current processing date is july 2003?
On the I-824 the I797c notice of Action the Class is written E18 is it the category EB-1? what is 8?

My family is with five children+husband wife= 7 and if i am in EB-1 then minimum income concern? if i have in my accout 20,000-30,000 and salary 2500/monthly before tax?
Do i need to send them the tax return and Emplyer letter too? but the signer is myself for my own employer letter is that matter?

Should i fax them or mail them the documents?

dear Kamraan i would appreciate your kind response.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Friend shared FTJ Experience from Islamabad.

Few months ago FTJ was filed in Islamabad and all Standard Documents were sent to create case. PD was current but visa number was unavailable, but they created case, After 25 days Packet 3.5 was sent to home country address.

Packet 3.5 included

1. DS230 Part I & II forms
2. I-134 Affidvit Form

They asked to send them Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate Original documents both Urdu version and English Translation, with photo copies.

3. Marriage Certificate Urdu version
4. Marriage Certificate English Tranlation

5. Spouse Birth Certificate Urdu Version.
6. Spouse Birth Certificate English Version.

7. Valid Passport Photo copy
8. 2 x Photographs

9. Medical (From Authorized clinic/hospital)
10. Police Certificate
11. Last year Tax 1040.
12. Bank Statement/Certificate.
13 Employment Letter.

Packet 3.5 was replied in 3 weeks, they sent letter to come consulate for Interview and bring Marriage-Photographs, letters. Interview were scheduled after aprox 90-120 days (Dec).

Interview Detail.

During interview only spouse was allowed to go inside. they took visa processing fee $380/equiv PAK Ruppee. asked to sit and wait, then called again and Photographs were asked to see. Standard Questoins were asked about Husband.

Where does he live?
What does he do?
Have you ever been in U.S?
Where is your husband now?
When did you see him last time? and when did he came back last time?
What kind of work he do?
Few relative pictures in Photographs were pointed-out and asked to identy picture in photograph/or just general question about photo. All photographs were carefully seen.

After all consulate said that they need more days to process applicatoin that process is called Administrative Processing, which may take 45 days, consulate told that no need to come back at consulate office again, Consulate kept all Original documents and her Passport, Index Fingerprint were taken. and told that all document/passport will be written through courier service/American Express.

They gave few papers to read, in which one paper was explaination /reason regrating that they are unable issue visa becuase of 221(g) Administrative Processing. Second paper was in Local Language . and one paper was courier Address and small color card with hand-written number printed on it, spouse was told to show the courier service when collect document.

Unfortunately Visa was not issued immidiately, and left no choice for them to Pray and Wait. Hope everything will go fine and Inshallah/God willing that issue willl resolved. our thoughts and prays with them and all other who are suffering and waiting to end this painful journey.

Regards

Muna Bahi

Diamond4U
Check below for your answers.

Diamond4u said:
Dear Kamran, assalam alekum!!
Bahot bahot shukriya for your answers. i want to know my daughter is only 13year old rightnow so she still need police certificate? she is in bombay last few years so from where she would need police certificate? from my home town or from bombay?

She will need the police certificate and from the last address where she lived for more than 6 months.

Do i need to notorized these docs? i got only the I-824 notice in my name there is no my daughter name on it. is it normal or do i need the notice for my daughter too?.

I am not sure about daughter but for wife you get the name there on I 824 approval notice. I am pretty sure for a 13 years old kid this is gonna work. Do check with a good attoroney.

My Green Card is on L-1(multi national Executive) and that is EB-1 so what should be my daughter's PD? On the notice it is written Jun 2002. so is it current? If my daughter's PD is same as mine then i think it should be current you said the current processing date is july 2003?

Yes this is current as your dependents will get the same PD as yours.

On the I-824 the I797c notice of Action the Class is written E18 is it the category EB-1? what is 8?
This is some sort of sub category. I dont know what it is but you can dig it in the INS docs. I dont think it matters.

My family is with five children+husband wife= 7 and if i am in EB-1 then minimum income concern? if i have in my accout 20,000-30,000 and salary 2500/monthly before tax?
This amount looks very good to me and the montly salary is ok as well.

Do i need to send them the tax return and Emplyer letter too? but the signer is myself for my own employer letter is that matter?
The tax returns plus letter from you as a self employer will work.

Should i fax them or mail them the documents?
Do not fax anything. Always use the FedEx to communicate with embassy. After sending them verify with them that they got it. Case creating would take at least 15 days.

dear Kamraan i would appreciate your kind response.

No problem and I wish u all the best. Pls pray for all of us who are in deep sea and the shores doesnt seem to be near.

Hi Guys,

We filed(mailed) the application with I-485 approval form today with the Chenni Consulated. My attorney also filed the G-639 Freedom of Information Act request form to request a copy of the I-140 approval since we didn't have the receipt number of the I-140.

srini_pvr said:
Hi Ravi:

I-140 approval notice is a property of your company. Your lawyer/company shld have it. I am surprised they cannot find it.

But as far as I know, PD shld be present on I-485 approval notice... It tells your category, PD, etc (Did you make sure with the lady that it is I-797 (approval of 485) or I-140)......

Regards
Srini

Wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :D :D :D

Special Wishes and prays for all of you.

HTML:
 __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __
 \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/
 <_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>
 /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\
    \/             \/             \/             \/             \/
   .\/.             __                Merry Christmas          .\/.
  -=><=-           [_ |                    to                 -=><=-
   '/\'         _____||_____           All Friends             '/\'
 __ /\ __    .'` _   ||   .'`\    ,;;,                       __ /\ __
 \_`\/`_/   /  _[_]_ ||  /   |  _(\()/)______                \_`\/`_/
 <_>()<_>   |   (")  \/  |   | /__(/\)______/|               <_>()<_>
 /_,/\,_\   | >/ . \<    |   ||             ||               /_,/\,_\
    \/      |  \_:_/     | _.'|Your FTJ Done||                  \/
   .\/.     '-----...----`\   |_____________|/                 .\/.
  -=><=-          | |      \    |                             -=><=-
 __ /\ __         | |       '.__/                            __ /\ __
 \_`\/`_/         | |                         Wish you all   \_`\/`_/
 <_>()<_>         | |                      Holiday Good Mail <_>()<_>
 /_,/\,_\         | |                           (POJ):)      /_,/\,_\
    \/            | |                                           \/
   .\/.  ~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:. _.:*~*   .\/.
  -=><=-                                                      -=><=-
 __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ _
 \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`__
 <_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_/
 /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_>
    \/             \/             \/             \/             \/  \

Good Luck :D :D :D

Season's Greetings to you too

PrinceofJungle said:
Wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays :D :D :D

Special Wishes and prays for all of you.

HTML:
 __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __
 \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/
 <_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>
 /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\
    \/             \/             \/             \/             \/
   .\/.             __                Merry Christmas          .\/.
  -=><=-           [_ |                    to                 -=><=-
   '/\'         _____||_____           All Friends             '/\'
 __ /\ __    .'` _   ||   .'`\    ,;;,                       __ /\ __
 \_`\/`_/   /  _[_]_ ||  /   |  _(\()/)______                \_`\/`_/
 <_>()<_>   |   (")  \/  |   | /__(/\)______/|               <_>()<_>
 /_,/\,_\   | >/ . \<    |   ||             ||               /_,/\,_\
    \/      |  \_:_/     | _.'|Your FTJ Done||                  \/
   .\/.     '-----...----`\   |_____________|/                 .\/.
  -=><=-          | |      \    |                             -=><=-
 __ /\ __         | |       '.__/                            __ /\ __
 \_`\/`_/         | |                         Wish you all   \_`\/`_/
 <_>()<_>         | |                      Holiday Good Mail <_>()<_>
 /_,/\,_\         | |                           (POJ):)      /_,/\,_\
    \/            | |                                           \/
   .\/.  ~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:. _.:*~*   .\/.
  -=><=-                                                      -=><=-
 __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ __       __ /\ _
 \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`_/ .\'/. \_`\/`__
 <_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_>-=>*<=-<_>()<_/
 /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_\ '/.\' /_,/\,_>
    \/             \/             \/             \/             \/  \

Good Luck :D :D :D

Thanks for the kind thoughts POJ,
Season's Greeting to you and everybody here!

Hope your FTJ comes sooooooon! :D

To genrate the packet3 Please help me urgent!!!

Anybody please let me know if these document is enough to generate the packet 3 from delhi embassy?

Approval Notice (Form I-797)
Entire Passport pages (Myself only?)
Green Card (Both sides)
Marriage Certificate
Applicant's Birth Certificate
Local address.

Do i need to send my daughter's passport too which i dont have here with or that i need latter time with packet 3? Please help me urgent!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.