Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ansi2004 said:
Why dont you try sending an answer for this question via email... explaining the current situation all in few sentences. Including an email attachment for proof that you really got less pay of 37K that year might be helpful.

Then, wait for 10 days for an answer and if you have not recieved an answer, then talk to your congress man or Senator asking them to follow up with the chennai consulate to know the real cause for the hold-up.

Meanwhile, you can also try calling the Dept of State here with your case number to get more details on the cause for the hold-up.

Thanks,
Ansi.

Thank you so much. I didn't think of all this. I actually wanted to wait for a month, because officer took the whole file except passport. I am hoping that they will definately get back to my wife within a month. But i think you are right. There is no point in waiting. I will send an email and i will also talk to our congress man and ask him wheather they can help me in this.

Do you have a Dept of State Number by any chance.

Thank you so much once again.

Seatha

seatha said:
Thank you so much. I didn't think of all this. I actually wanted to wait for a month, because officer took the whole file except passport. I am hoping that they will definately get back to my wife within a month. But i think you are right. There is no point in waiting. I will send an email and i will also talk to our congress man and ask him wheather they can help me in this.

Do you have a Dept of State Number by any chance.

Thank you so much once again.

Seatha

Seatha

Look at Mojaveto's post #1905 for the number to call state dept.

Good luck!

Ansi.

Job Change during F2J wait

Hi Folks,
Is there any problem during F2J interview, if we change to a new employer
from the previous employer who has sponsored GC. In my case, I got my
GC while I was with my previous company, waited for 9 months and changed
to a new employer. So I am worried if my wife will face any problems when
she presents 2 W-2s for 2005 [1 from prev employer, and 1 from current].
Please share experiences.
thanks,
paras

Hi paras,

I am on the same boat. After 6 months its been now 3 months I am into new employer. When I sent docs to chennai consulate to initiate F2J for my wife I sent my prev employer letter. But when I sent docs with Packet 3, I sent the new current employment letter.

paras2 said:
Hi Folks,
Is there any problem during F2J interview, if we change to a new employer
from the previous employer who has sponsored GC. In my case, I got my
GC while I was with my previous company, waited for 9 months and changed
to a new employer. So I am worried if my wife will face any problems when
she presents 2 W-2s for 2005 [1 from prev employer, and 1 from current].
Please share experiences.
thanks,
paras
Employment letter is only needed for affadavit of support and consulate is not concerned if you are working with same employer or other employer. so donot worry abt that.

DS230 Part 2 Item #29

mega007 said:
Hi paras,

I am on the same boat. After 6 months its been now 3 months I am into new employer. When I sent docs to chennai consulate to initiate F2J for my wife I sent my prev employer letter. But when I sent docs with Packet 3, I sent the new current employment letter.

FTJ folks:

Please look carefully at DS230 Part 2 (it's needed for the interview)
Did you guys notice item #29?

It wants to know who did your I-140...i.e. the
company that did your GC.

Which company did you fill for item #29?

Updates from Islamabad consulate

Well I have priority date of July 2002 and I am in EB3 category. I got letter from US embassy stating that my PD is not current and they will continue processing the case when the date will become current.
I asked them how long it will take for my date to be current and the lady responded that it will take around 4-5 months. She also told me that they cannot schedule the interview until the PD will become current. I have to send the documents again when it will become current.
Also a friend of mine whose PD is current gone through the interview and they told his wife that they need to do some administrative processing and it will take around 45 days to complete.
Hope this help the victims of retrogression.

Hey Kamran .. I am from Islamabad .. was wondering if u could give a time line after I-824 that enbassy takes to call for an interview. I am still waiting for my 485 aproval ... thanks Omar

Omar,
Never believe on the lawyer or someone who says that embassy will contact you once your I 824 get approved. I got approved in Feb 2005 ( I-824 and I485) . Embassy never cotacted my wife. After repeated contacts with the embassy they asked me to send some docs ( I-140, 824 receipt notice etc). Once I sent those docs in June they created the case and sent Packet 3.5 to my wife in July. I submitted everything back to them in September but unfortunately they sent us a letter stating that PD is not current and when it will become current they will start processing my case. My PD is July 2002. If the embassy contacted my wife in proper time I would not come under this retrogression. This is a sort negligence on behalf of USCIS or the consulate but I cannot do anything. The embassy is supposed to contact my wife within two weeks of the approval. But because of their negligence I am suffering.
Let me know if you need to know anything else.
Hoping the best for everyone.

Kamran... Thanks for taking time and replying .... it did help and added encouragment to hang in there for the time is bound to come ...I am currently in florida .. which state are u from ?

i-485 denied, what about i-824-please advise...

Hi, here is my story:
My husband applied for I-485. I came to US, we got married and my husband filled I-485 for me (dependant). Unfortunately, due to family emergency I had to come back to my home country (without advance parole- our lawyer took our money and did NOTHING). When I was in home country, my husband (and I) received a letter with interview appointment. I realy couldn't come back to US, husband went for interview alone. Hi didn't get approval (some of documents were missing, he had to bring it) and his case is still pending. My case was of course denied. Now, my question is:
can we start I-824 after approval his I-485, even if my I-485 was denied??
Please advise...it makes me sick..
sorry for my "so so" english

I-824 is an action on already approved petition / applicaiton. If your 485 is denied consider 824 denied as well.
I am feeling sorry but there should be some appeal or something that you can do. Ask a good lawyer to sort out this issue.

Omar,
Don't loose hope .. I am in chicago Illinois. Keep your fingers crossed.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my green card 6 months ago. I have several questions:

1- Is there away to bring a spouse that don't have a status in US?
2- If spouse could come to US by his own using visit visa, how long does it take to get his GC and Citizenship (3 or 5 years?) after that.
3- how long I have to wait to apply for citizenship?
4- Do they count 3 or 5 years from the day of applying I-485 or the approval of I-485?

I appreciate your response. Thanks

Answers...

FILE040505 said:
I got my green card 6 months ago. I have several questions:

1- Is there away to bring a spouse that don't have a status in US?
Yes, spouse must satisfy visa requirements (see for DS 156, 157, etc)

2- If spouse could come to US by his own using visit visa, how long does it take to get his GC and Citizenship (3 or 5 years?) after that.
If spouse gets a H-1, L-1 or E-1 then it's just a matter of waiting
for the paperwork to meander it's way down the USCIS road. I'd say
about 3 years from starting of application to receipt of card.

3- how long I have to wait to apply for citizenship?
4.5 years from the time of your I-485 approval.

4- Do they count 3 or 5 years from the day of applying I-485 or the approval of I-485?
Answered in item #3.

I appreciate your response. Thanks

Hello Guys

Check this out..

http://www.ptinews.com/pti/ptisite.nsf/$all/7520FC51672F7013652570D300521B64

Bill on easy entry of families of permanent residents to US

Sridhar Krishnaswami
Washington, Dec 10 (PTI) With a view to provide relief to families of permanent resident aliens, founder of the Congressional Caucus on India and Indian Americans Frank Pallone has introduced a legislation in the US House of Representatives that would make it easier for them to visit their kin in America.

"This legislation is intended to fill a void in our current immigration policy that has resulted in permanent resident aliens...Being separated from their spouses and children, often for periods of several years", Pallone said in a statement.

Permanent resident aliens are those who have come to America legally and are gainfully employed.

The Democrat from New Jersey stressed that his proposals will only make it easier for family members to come to the United States on a temporary visa for events such as holidays and weddings and for children if they wanted to attend schooling here.

The proposals also have provisions to penalise those who overstay the visas. One of the penalty suggestions is to delay permanent visa petitions for a year if those who come under the new programme violate their visa durations.

"...This legislation will not result in an increase in the numbers of immigrants admitted annually, it will not have an impact on the labour market and it will not have any adverse effects on any government social programmes since the spouses would not be entitled to these benefits", Pallone said. PTI

mojavetoo

If he comes as visitor for 1 year , and we applied for I-130 and I-485, can he renew the visitor visa every year , and in case of renew refusal what will happen to I-130 and I-485 cases, he will be out of status.

check this in Immigration-law.com

12/10/2005: USCIS Accepts Latest "One-Year" Tax Return (Not Three Years) for Affidavit of Support I-864 Supporting Documentation

The USCIS has changed its policy for supporting financial documents for Affidavit of Support, I-864, from the three-year tax returns to one-year tax return if the latest tax return establishes 125% of poverty guideline income. This will help tremendously those family immigration sponsors or co-sponsors or joint sponsors who were without income or insufficient income two or three years back but currently have sufficient income during the past one year. Good move, indeed.

Visitor Visa (B-1/B-2)

FILE040505 said:
mojavetoo

If he comes as visitor for 1 year , and we applied for I-130 and I-485, can he renew the visitor visa every year , and in case of renew refusal what will happen to I-130 and I-485 cases, he will be out of status.

I understand what you're trying to do.

In my opinion (based on reading other's experiences and
how USCIS/DOS behaves) you can try it but but be *very* careful.

Why?

The form for visitor visa (DS 157) asks about
who he knows and where he is staying in USA.

Guess what?
That person is you and your address.

And when they check it against their database...guess what?
....The USCIS KNOWS...so be careful.

It's very risky and you're risking your own Green Card.

Renewing the visitor visa every year is not a good idea either.
Neither is extending the visa whilst in USA.

I know it's bad news... but you cannot fight the rules of USCIS.
It's futile unless he comes on a H-1 or L-1 or E-1.

Visitor Visa does not allow for immigrant intent.
It allows him to visit and then he is expected to leave.

He can apply for I-485 if he gets a H-1 or L-1 or E-1 but
he cannot apply for I-485 from a Visitor Visa.

I-130 means you are applying to petition him over to USA.
He still needs to be in the home country.
And wait 3-5 years for the priority dates to be current.
That is under Family 2nd preference i.e. F2.

monkaa said:
Hi, here is my story:
My husband applied for I-485. I came to US, we got married and my husband filled I-485 for me (dependant). Unfortunately, due to family emergency I had to come back to my home country (without advance parole- our lawyer took our money and did NOTHING). When I was in home country, my husband (and I) received a letter with interview appointment. I realy couldn't come back to US, husband went for interview alone. Hi didn't get approval (some of documents were missing, he had to bring it) and his case is still pending. My case was of course denied. Now, my question is:
can we start I-824 after approval his I-485, even if my I-485 was denied??
Please advise...it makes me sick..
sorry for my "so so" english
Yes you can apply for I-824 after his I-485 approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.