Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
rajinca said:
Your spouse comes under EB3 as your's. Donot get confoused with f2A which is family based category.
Regarding interviews they are scheduled between first 15 days i.e. for Oct. 2006 they will schedule between Sep1-15.

I hope this helps.

Ansi,

what rajinca says is right....... E37 is actually E3(7); E3 category, 7 is for dependent... When I filed mine was E13 and my wife's E17.......

srini

mega007 said:
Ansi,

Thanks for the confirmation. I sent all the docs last evening. I called my buddy when I was abt to give the pack in the usps counter to check this forum whether u or somebody replied for the addr confirmation and glad to know that u did.

ansi, rm, poj and all,

I beleive next step is to get the case number and I am not sure when ?!

and probably after that I need to send DS2001 and I donno what is for that either ?!

so when u get chance pl reply ... i am little relieved just by sending all the docs .... but i did send all the 14 checklists which i posted last time and then poj or somebody updated .....

Also as per rm if i send ds2001 then there is a good chance to get the interview date directly by avoiding packet 3..... is it like that ?

Thanks all.

Mega

Once they receive your documents, consulate will create a case for your spouse. You will get the case number if you call them about 1 week after they recieve your docs.

DS-2001 is the form called "Notification of applicant readiness". This is used to inform the consulate that your spouse has collected all the documents required (such as Marriage cert, birth cert, police clearance certs, etc... List is mentioned in the form DS-2001 itself). Once they recieve this, your spouse is considered "documentarily qualified" for the immigrant visa. Only after this qualification, the consulate will schedule an interview appointment for your spouse.

Usually the process is... consulate will send DS230 I&II and DS-2001 together as packet 3... You are supposed to send the DS230 I immediately and then send DS-2001 later when you have collected all the docs.

But now-a-days, consulate has informed many of us to send DS230 I along with the initial docs.... so, my wishful thinking is, If we send the DS-2001 also whenever we are ready with all the docs..., hopefully consulate will send us the inteview appointment letter directly.... this has not been proven... I have not heard from anybody who has actually received the interview letter directly after sending the initial docs... We have to wait and see if this works...

Hope this helps... Bottom line, dont wait for the consulate to send you the form.. grab DS-2001 from immihelp.com, fill it, ask your spouse to sign and send it... Then wait to hear from the consulate!

Thanks,
Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
Mega

Once they receive your documents, consulate will create a case for your spouse. You will get the case number if you call them about 1 week after they recieve your docs.

DS-2001 is the form called "Notification of applicant readiness". This is used to inform the consulate that your spouse has collected all the documents required (such as Marriage cert, birth cert, police clearance certs, etc... List is mentioned in the form DS-2001 itself). Once they recieve this, your spouse is considered "documentarily qualified" for the immigrant visa. Only after this qualification, the consulate will schedule an interview appointment for your spouse.

Usually the process is... consulate will send DS230 I&II and DS-2001 together as packet 3... You are supposed to send the DS230 I immediately and then send DS-2001 later when you have collected all the docs.

But now-a-days, consulate has informed many of us to send DS230 I along with the initial docs.... so, my wishful thinking is, If we send the DS-2001 also whenever we are ready with all the docs..., hopefully consulate will send us the inteview appointment letter directly.... this has not been proven... I have not heard from anybody who has actually received the interview letter directly after sending the initial docs... We have to wait and see if this works...

Hope this helps... Bottom line, dont wait for the consulate to send you the form.. grab DS-2001 from immihelp.com, fill it, ask your spouse to sign and send it... Then wait to hear from the consulate!

Thanks,
Ansi.

All,
I totally agree with ansi.What he said is right . ..
RM101

follow to join- interview

hello,

may i know who from the philippines who is a follow to join case and has already done with the interview and the medical?

I am an E3 case with mnl 2005xxxxx , i was documentarily qualified last jul 20, 2005 having submitted my ds 230 and ds 2001. when can i expect my interview and medical? they say if you are an e3 category its bet. 120 days after you have been qualified. is this true?

can one write a letter to expidite this for early interview since opening of classes in US starts on sept 2005? hope to hear from all of you. thanks.

thanks ansi and rm

Thanks Ansi and RM. Ansi! that was a wonderful explanation. In fact after reading at this point I dont even have any question. :D

Yah! I would apply ds2001 as soon as i get the case number. Good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is your country?

sinyoke said:
Hi There,

My I-824 was approved on June 19,2005.I had email the embassy in my country several time.Yesterday,I received email from them saying case has been created and Packet 3 was send out to your address in US.

Did you just email them and they set up case for you? What kind of information did you have in your email? By the way, what is your country? I tried to email to Guangzhou consulate, they always need information from USCIS. Thanks a lot

Yes,I email them couple of time,even send them all the approval notices.They did not reply me at first,then I finally email them that my I824 has been approved and consulate has been notified and says please reply as the case was completed here in US.After that they email me saying the case has been created and packet 3 has been send to your address in US.My country origin is Malaysia.

Hello Ansi and RM

My wife hasn't received packet 3 yet. I guess nothing is going to happen until Oct 1, 2005.

Thanks a lot

sinyoke said:
Yes,I email them couple of time,even send them all the approval notices.They did not reply me at first,then I finally email them that my I824 has been approved and consulate has been notified and says please reply as the case was completed here in US.After that they email me saying the case has been created and packet 3 has been send to your address in US.My country origin is Malaysia.
I already sent my all approval notices (including my original I-824 approval notice)to guangzhou consulate two weeks ago. But I didn't get response yet. I will send email to them to ask what happen. It is frustration. Thank you very much. My I-824 was approved in June 22, 2005. My original country is China.

NJBLUE said:
Hello Ansi and RM

My wife hasn't received packet 3 yet. I guess nothing is going to happen until Oct 1, 2005.

Hi NJBLUE,

Packet 3 has nothing to do with interview date.Once they have ur intial docs they will create case number and mail the packet 3.But most of the times they will be lost in mail .Same thing happened to me.(I called consulate they asked me to download from wesite and mail) U CAN DOWNLOAD FORMS from IMMIHELP.COM

So, dont wait for mail from consulate .Downlaod DS 230 Part 1 and DS 2001 and complete all the details and get it signed by ur wife and mail them back.

*** If u dont have case number call the conuslate .They will give u.Which is required in DS 2001 form.

Hope this answers ur questions
Good luck
Thanks,
RM101

rm101 said:
Hi NJBLUE,

Packet 3 has nothing to do with interview date.Once they have ur intial docs they will create case number and mail the packet 3.But most of the times they will be lost in mail .Same thing happened to me.(I called consulate they asked me to download from wesite and mail) U CAN DOWNLOAD FORMS from IMMIHELP.COM

So, dont wait for mail from consulate .Downlaod DS 230 Part 1 and DS 2001 and complete all the details and get it signed by ur wife and mail them back.

*** If u dont have case number call the conuslate .They will give u.Which is required in DS 2001 form.

Hope this answers ur questions
Good luck
Thanks,
RM101

** Just to clarify .Untill we mail these docs , consulate will not schedule the interview .They will keep all there info in there system.
RM101

Last edited by a moderator:
Fax?

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
I already sent my all approval notices (including my original I-824 approval notice)to guangzhou consulate two weeks ago. But I didn't get response yet. I will send email to them to ask what happen. It is frustration. Thank you very much. My I-824 was approved in June 22, 2005. My original country is China.

Did the USCIS fax your information to Guangzhou?

rm101 said:
** Just to clarify .Untill we mail these docs , consulate will not schedule the interview .They will keep all there info in there system.
RM101
Hi RM101

Thanks for the message. I appreicate your help

re: interview and medical date

hello,
after submission of ds 23o and ds 2001. i was documentarily qualified said the manila embassy. may i ask from all who have gone or finished with the process of follow to join, what would be the timeline that i should be recieving a letter for the date of my interview and medical? hope one could answ. my question.
thanks

waiting for P3..srini, ranjinca and others..need advice

Hello Folks,
My wife's I-824 has been approved on May 31, 2005 (got my GC in EB3 category with priority date of Aug 1999). I have been waiting ever since to hear from Chennai Consulate
and/or NVC. My attorney has mailed the Consulate but got no response. What is the
right approach for me? Should I keep mailing or calling the Chennai Consulate till I get
a response? Or should I send in DS-2001 and other relevant docs? Highly appreciate any responses.
Thanks,
paras2

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,
My wife's I-824 has been approved on May 31, 2005 (got my GC in EB3 category with priority date of Aug 1999). I have been waiting ever since to hear from Chennai Consulate
and/or NVC. My attorney has mailed the Consulate but got no response. What is the
right approach for me? Should I keep mailing or calling the Chennai Consulate till I get
a response? Or should I send in DS-2001 and other relevant docs? Highly appreciate any responses.
Thanks,
paras2

Give 7-10 days to consulate for case creation. Send Ds-2001 with case number to avoid any confusion.

change of addr - impact ?

Hi ansi, rm and everybody,

My contract at work seems to get over by next week. I might have to move out of city if i dont find project in my same city .... looks like it is not easy...

What will be the impact if i change address and that too to different city .. i just sent all the docs to chennai on 10 aug. Also, i changed my address with uscis just a week before tht from different state ...?

please let me know if you got any similar experience and what u did.

thanks

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,
Thanks,
paras2

Paras, I think I mentioned this in a previous post. Approval of I-824 is not enough to start the process at the consulate. You must submit the DS230-I and other docs to initiate the process. Please send them to the consulate immediately. See previous posts for list of docs.

Status
Not open for further replies.