Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are you from?

Many consulate don't even ask for that.

As long as you have proof of approved GC (stamp on the passport or actual card), copy of passport, & marriage certificate, you can walk into cousulate to have them create a case for your spouse.

paulbabu said:
How does the process work after filing the I-824 ?

sending docs to chennai

Folks,
I am planning to have my initial packet (for case creation) mailed to Chennai by my wife (from within India). Can someone please tell me
if the Consulate accepts registered mail or should I send it by ordinary
(unregistered) mail? I apologize if this is a very dumb question!!
thanks,
paras2

paras2 said:
Folks,
I am planning to have my initial packet (for case creation) mailed to Chennai by my wife (from within India). Can someone please tell me
thanks,
paras2

YOur question is fine, its not dumb. a little confusion is

Who got G.C You or your wife?

Why are u sending mail from India?

It would be better if anyone who got approved and have GC and ready to send FTJ for spouse , SEND FROM USA directly to consulate.

why???? its simple first it makes sure that send is in USA, second now a days it is assumed mail room security procedure will be very strick and it may take longer time to reach ur doc to immig dept. so if u send docs from U.S by FedEx chances are it would arrive quickly and may get some periority at mail room, and it may send quickly to immig dept.

Not sure about chennai but other consulates and neighbour countries consulate do have Authorized postal services.

check the web site of chennai
http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/iv_general_info.html

Anyway if u have already sent then don't worry, but if u are planing then send from U.S by FedEx.

Good Luck

I did it through DHL from India.

As 'PrinceofJungle' said, send it from here. Will save you some time.

paras2 said:
Folks,
thanks,
paras2

There is no such form. You have to make up your own or use one provided by local police station/passport office.

You need to get PCC for FTJ beneficiary (not for the primary applicant) from his/her local police station.

Regarding timeline, it all depends upon consulate. I had to wait 2 months for interview date.

Regarding medical, you need to get appointment from Doctors office after receiving appointment letter. Usually, you will get report back in 2-3 days and beneficiary needs to carry report (without opening) along with other papers at the time of interview.

Also, what is 'documentarily qualified'?

Knighthorse1 said:
hello,

i have read in the column that one needs a PCC police clearance certificate. I already have police clearance from local police here in Iloilo Phil., but how about from the passport office? what else should i get there? is there a form on how to get a pcc at passport office?
I am documentarily qualified July 20, 2005 said the lady i called at the embassy, what would be the timeline for the sched of my interview and medical exam? thanks

Guangzhou is really sloooooooow

I am doing a FTJ for my daughter. Filed I-824 for her and it got approved Dec. 2004. I have since contacted Guangzhou numerous times, and they still have not received the approval notice. Guangzhou emailed me they receive email and mail only. Contacted USCIS, they resent the cable June 1. Guangzhou consulate will not assign a case number without getting approval notice from USCIS.
I have asked Guangzhou about starting a Visa Badger Process for my daughter, they either do not know what it is, or they are playing dumb. Usually I email Guangzhou consulate at: www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

This is really frustrating. I envy and congratuate Indian friend's good luck!

Guangzhou may be the slowest consulate in processing FTJ.

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
USCIS notified me they already notified consulate,but consulate said they didn't get information from USCIS. That is it so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
you are right

8GCWaiter said:
I am doing a FTJ for my daughter. Filed I-824 for her and it got approved Dec. 2004. I have since contacted Guangzhou numerous times, and they still have not received the approval notice. Guangzhou emailed me they receive email and mail only. Contacted USCIS, they resent the cable June 1. Guangzhou consulate will not assign a case number without getting approval notice from USCIS.
I have asked Guangzhou about starting a Visa Badger Process for my daughter, they either do not know what it is, or they are playing dumb. Usually I email Guangzhou consulate at: www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html

I don't know why Guangzhou consulate is so special. I had the same experience as yours. I do FTJ for my wife. I got I-824 approval in June 22,2005. USCIS already notified guangzhou twice, but they didn't get that information. Did you try to let USCIS email them? I may try that next time,but may be not easy.

ASDFGHJKL123,

I am not sure if US Conlulate has any beef with China, or if they have any secret agenda. I did called and faxed USCIS, and they resend cable to Guangzhou consulate. They did not email Guangzhou as I have requested them. And Guangzhou clearly stated several times to me that "they accept email and mail only". Guess two US government department do not really care for each other that much. Vermont center is a little testy with me, and told me to " apply I-824 again if Guangzhou still have not received approval notice".

Hope you will unit with your wife here in the U. S. soon.

8GCWaiter said:
ASDFGHJKL123,

I am not sure if US Conlulate has any beef with China, or if they have any secret agenda. I did called and faxed USCIS, and they resend cable to Guangzhou consulate. They did not email Guangzhou as I have requested them. And Guangzhou clearly stated several times to me that "they accept email and mail only". Guess two US government department do not really care for each other that much. Vermont center is a little testy with me, and told me to " apply I-824 again if Guangzhou still have not received approval notice".

Hope you will unit with your wife here in the U. S. soon.
8GCWaiter,

Thanks. I will try my best to do that. If I get some news, I will post here.

police clearance

My husband got his package 3 form Guangzhou after they got all the documents. Thanks all of you for answering my questions before.

Now I have a question on the police clearance. My husband had stayed in USA for 5 years before. Does he need get police clearance certificate from here for this period time? If anyone knows or had similiar experience, please share with me. Thanks.

snowflake66 said:
Now I have a question on the police clearance. My husband had stayed in USA for 5 years before. Does he need get police clearance certificate from here for this period time? ....

snowflake66 said:
My husband got his package 3 form Guangzhou after they got all the documents. Thanks all of you for answering my questions before.

Now I have a question on the police clearance. My husband had stayed in USA for 5 years before. Does he need get police clearance certificate from here for this period time? If anyone knows or had similiar experience, please share with me. Thanks.

Glad to hear it,

I beleive the Police certificate procedure require to get P-Certf from all places that he lived more than 6 months.

Getting Certificate from U.S

Local police certificates

To obtain a police certificate from any state, please contact the state police or any police station in that state and ask them for instructions; or check the home page of the State Police in your home state. A record of your fingerprints will be required

----------------------------------------------------
State Police Clearance Certificates

Certain visa offices require applicants to obtain police clearance certificates from each State in the USA where the applicants have resided. The following list summarizes the contact information or other procedures for obtaining State Police clearance certificates for the USA.

Use this link

http://www.canadavisa.com/documents/sec_state.htm

Call them and follow the instructions,

Hope this would help

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
About your package 3 & I-824

snowflake66 said:

Hi Snowflake,

Please help answer these questions:

1) was your cable for I-824 sent from CSC (California Service center)?

2) did Guangzhou contact you or your husband with Packet 3?

3) did your packet 3 contain a case number beginning with, "GUZxxx-xxxxxx"

My I-824 just got approved in Aug 23, and I received
a courtesy copy on Saturday. The Notice clearly says
Consulate: Guangzhou. I'm getting ready to send
documents like marriage cert, birth cert to Guangzhou.

8GCWaiter said:

you are right, my son's I-824 approved in 10/2004. I did same thing as you, GZ didn't set up a case for my son until 7/2005. Now I don't know how long my son have to wait to go to interview.

Survey about Guangzhou

sonya-sun said:
you are right, my son's I-824 approved in 10/2004. I did same thing as you, GZ didn't set up a case for my son until 7/2005. Now I don't know how long my son have to wait to go to interview.

I noticed something...about Guangzhou,
only Snowflake got her cable to Guangzhou safely
and quickly after the I-824 approval.

And her I-824 is from California Service Center.
My I-824 was from Vermont Service Center and
got approved on 8/23/2005.

Let me do a small survery:

1) Sonya Sun, Where was your I-824 processed?

2) And what about you ASDFGHJKL123?

3) And GCWaiter which Service center is your I-824 from?

mojavetoo said:
Hi Snowflake,

Please help answer these questions:

1) was your cable for I-824 sent from CSC (California Service center)?

yes

2) did Guangzhou contact you or your husband with Packet 3?

To my husband

3) did your packet 3 contain a case number beginning with, "GUZxxx-xxxxxx"

Yes

My I-824 just got approved in Aug 23, and I received
a courtesy copy on Saturday. The Notice clearly says
Consulate: Guangzhou. I'm getting ready to send
documents like marriage cert, birth cert to Guangzhou.

I hope the answer is helpful.

Vermont

mojavetoo said:

My I-824 processed in Vermont Service Center.

I-824

mojavetoo,

Vermont Sevice Center.

mojavetoo said:

It is ok

mojavetoo said:

My wife got her packet 3 also, it is exciting news to me. I sent all information to consulate. and USCIS also notified consulate. But I don't know exactly what happen and make consulate set up case for my wife. my wife also got case number with packet 3. Hope you guys have a good luck. you guys are so nice.

Another question, what is police certificates? Thanks.

Police Certificate is...

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
My wife got her packet 3 also, it is exciting news to me. I sent all information to consulate. and USCIS also notified consulate. But I don't know exactly what happen and make consulate set up case for my wife. my wife also got case number with packet 3. Hope you guys have a good luck. you guys are so nice.

Another question, what is police certificates? Thanks.

...wu fan zui zheng ming.

Please tell me which USCIS Service Center processed your
I-824? Is it California, Nebraska, Texas or Vermont?

Good luck to all of you,
mojavetoo

Status
Not open for further replies.