Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
mojavetoo said:
...wu fan zui zheng ming.

Please tell me which USCIS Service Center processed your
I-824? Is it California, Nebraska, Texas or Vermont?

Good luck to all of you,
mojavetoo

mojavetoo:

Texas USCIS Service Center processed my I-824. Thanks.

Good luck,

ASDFGHJKL123

Follow to Join in Guangzhou

Anyone would like share experience for Follow to join in Guangzhou? My duaghter's I-824 was approved in Nov 2004, but still I have heard anything. After many inquiries, they said they haven't received it yet or they said we only accept from DHS or NVC. I sent some documents to Guangzhou according to previous list of docs, they were returned back! Can anyone help on this? thanks

Document was returned by Guangzhou

Rtpman,

Sorry to hear this. Is Vermont the service center which approved your I-824?

Hope you have your case number soon.

Follow To join from Nebraska

Hi Guys,

Have anybody gone for Follow To join application from Nebraska? How is the experience?

Also what is the deal with packet 2 and 3. Is packet what the USCIS sends to consulate after approving I-824 and packet 3 is what consulate sends to the benificiary?

Thanks.

rtpman said:
Anyone would like share experience for Follow to join in Guangzhou? My duaghter's I-824 was approved in Nov 2004, but still I have heard anything. After many inquiries, they said they haven't received it yet or they said we only accept from DHS or NVC. I sent some documents to Guangzhou according to previous list of docs, they were returned back! Can anyone help on this? thanks

Sorry to hear that they returned, not sure why, it shouldn't be, anyway

It seems the city u are refering is in China,

Check this web site there is field offices of USCIS froma all over world.

I checked in india/Pakistan that shows that u can send documents to consulate within US.

It mean that u may send doc directly to consulate or if u are in US and prefer u also can send doc to overseas consulate in US address.

The Good News is that you do have 824 approval on ur hand thats very very good thing,

Try this link and find ur zone and send inside US address and see.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/shared/fieldoffices/worldmap.htm

Example: address
this is only example... use that above link to fine ur consulate.

Where Are We?
Street Address:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Beijing Kerry Centre, South Tower Office
Guang Hua Road No. 1
Suite 2320
Beijing, 100020, China

Mailing Address From U.S.:
c/o American Embassy Beijing
PSC 461 Box 50
FPO AP 96521-0002

Mailing Address within China and Express Mail:
c/o American Embassy Beijing
No. 3 Xiushui Beijie
Beijing 100600 China

-------------

Good Luck

AlterEgo said:
Hi Guys,

Have anybody gone for Follow To join application from Nebraska? How is the experience?

Also what is the deal with packet 2 and 3. Is packet what the USCIS sends to consulate after approving I-824 and packet 3 is what consulate sends to the benificiary?

Thanks.

To make this simple,

Once Consulate create FTJ case for ur spouse (some consulate can create before 824 appvd, or some only act after 824 apvd.)

Once FTJ Case is initiated, Consulate send Packet-3 to ur spouse, your spouse fill it out forms (DS230 Part I and II) and collect all doc of her, Plus u send I-134 affidavit + Employment letter + Bank certificate + 1040 tax return. and she also generate her police certificate, her birth certificate, ur marriage certificate etc.

What is in Packet 3 .?

Well as ppl shared it differ but most common and sim things in pkt3 are

DS 230 form Part I and II
Form I-134 Affidavit
List of doc to submit with packet-3 (that doc depends/differ)
Medical instruciton and address of Dr/clinic near spouse.

The doc are asked is

Marriage Certificate Original and Copy of your local language + English tranlation

Spouse Birth certificate, Original and Copy of your local language + English tranlation

Passport copies all pages of your spouse

(I-134 support docs )
Employment letter
Bank certificate
1040 last yr

Spouse Police Certificate (all city she stay/live more than 6+ months)

Medical seal envlope (some consulate need with reutrn pkt3 some only ask to bring at invtw time)

Optional doc

Also if you haven't send/ they may ask

your 485 approval letter
your GC copy both side , or I-551 stamp on Passport
Your all Passport with all pages

Plz do read old thread for all list. if I am forgeting anything.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got my AOS interview letter today and there was a different A number on it. I have two A numbers, but the one I used for my 1-130, 485, and my EAD card are the same. I don't understand why they didn't put that A number on my AOS letter. The A number they put on the AOS letter is a A number for a case I filed 8 years ago that was denied. Is this something I should worry about. I'm so confused now, and worried about this.

Thanks.

I got this about Follow to Join at US GUYANA Embassy. How can I get VERIFICATION OF STATUS at local INS office as it stated?

Immigrant Visas
Procedures to Initiate Follow-to-Join

If you are entering the United States on an immigrant visa that allows you to bring a spouse and/or child (under the age of 21) with you at a later date, please follow these steps:

STEP #1 (Verification of Status)

After you arrive in the United States, you must show that you are a legal permanent resident before your spouse and/or child can be issued a visa. You may choose any of the following three options:

1. Submit a notarized copy of all pages of your passport (including the US entry stamp) to the US Embassy, Georgetown, Guyana.

2. Submit a notarized copy of both sides of your original "Green Card" to the US Embassy, Georgetown, Guyana.

3. You may go to the nearest office of the Department of Homeland Security/Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHS/BCIS) and request that they send a "VERIFICATION OF STATUS" cable to US Embassy Georgetown. The cable must name each relative, and give his or her address. There is a fee for this cable.

Once we receive one of the three items above, along with the appropriate civil documents (marriage certificate for a spouse, birth certificate for a child) and a local address, the Embassy will proceed to Step #2

STEP #2 (Forms)

Once you have completed Step #1, biographic forms will be sent to your spouse and/or child. Please fill out the biographic forms and return them by post. As soon as the biographic forms are returned, the Embassy will schedule an interview date and send out an additional package of forms including a medical form and additional instructions. Please note that interviews are scheduled in the order in which forms are received.

STEP #3 (The Interview)

On the day of the interview, your spouse and/or child must pay the US$380.00 application and issuance fee plus the US$45 security fee and show that they qualify for the visa by their relationship to you (shown with birth certificates, marriage documents, and other evidence). They will be asked to provide the package of forms they received in Step #2.

Your spouse and/or child must also provide a Form I-864 Affidavit of Support from your original petitioner (the person that put in for you), along with income tax forms and W-2s for the three most recent years, and job letters from all current employers. If your original petitioner does not meet the federal poverty guidelines, then a joint sponsor may be submitted in addition to your petitioner’s affidavit of support forms. Joint sponsors must provide all of the above required documents, as well as proof of their legal status in the US.

This page was updated on July 8, 2005

rtpman,

What's your current status. Where are you right now?

BTW, option (1) & (2) listed in step 1 are easy if you are PR already.

snowflake66 said:
My husband got his package 3 form Guangzhou after they got all the documents. Thanks all of you for answering my questions before.

Now I have a question on the police clearance. My husband had stayed in USA for 5 years before. Does he need get police clearance certificate from here for this period time? If anyone knows or had similiar experience, please share with me. Thanks.

snowflake66.
I have questions, Are they same? package 3 and IV instruction packet? How long will your husband have to wait to go to inteview after you husband got packet3? My son got IV instruction packet in 7/2005, I don't know when he can get interview letter.
Thanks a lot!

rtpman said:
I got this about Follow to Join at US GUYANA Embassy. How can I get VERIFICATION OF STATUS at local INS office as it stated?

>> How can I get VERIFICATION OF STATUS at local INS office as it stated?

If u read No.3 the simple procedure is filing I-824. in I-824 there is option called 'Notify the consulate about ur status/ verifying your status to consulate' ______ consulate Name. they notify/verify ur status to consulate using fax/cable/phone.

the I-864 info is not for EB (employment based) catagory. EB ppl use I-134.
the info Guana emb is giving is based on general FTJ cases it seems not particular to EB catagory.

Its true that consulate can initiate case by either

USCIS Notify to consulate (filing I-824),
consulate receive ur stamped PP copy
consulate receive ur GC copy.

It was learnt that many consulate prefer 'USCIS notify them/824' but south east asia ppl have different story, there consulate create case on just giving them 824 receipt, and copy of GC/stamped I-551.

The second step is reference of sending Packet 3, in which they are refering biographic form. mean Form DS-230 Part I and II. in family based I-130 they need to send biographic form. in FTJ this is equvl as DS230 forms.

I-864 is for ppl non-EB catagory. for EB I-134 form is used.

rest of procedure sound normal, once they create case, they send packet3 your spouse fill it out and follow the instruction and collect all doc including english translation if doc is not in english

common doc for EB situation.
DS230 forms,
Marriage certificate,
Spouse birth certificate,
Passport copy ,

I-134 affidavit form (filled by u and notarized)
Your employment letter
Bank certificate)
1040 tax last year

Spouse Police certificate
PHotos
Medical seal envelope

(many consulate ask diff doc in diff stage, the above is just common doc, if u are planing to FTJ u must prepare all doc.)

Your spouse send back the doc to them they review and on qualify they issue interview letter.

Good Luck

To PrinceofJungle and anyone knows

Hello there,

My spouse finally received Package III from Consulate in Ankara, Turkey after my I-824 approval on August 16 at TSC. However, they sent I-864 instead of I-130, which was suggested by most of members here. I wonder if they made mistake of giving my spouse wrong category. Can you let me know if someone filled I-864 in FTJ? And which category the spouse should be in? Thank you.

need your help on this....

i'm a gc holder for two years and my girlfiend is on H1-B visa due to expire on April 05 (6 years). We'd like to get married but wonder if she would require to leave the country when her visa expires?

RAIDER-NATION said:
i'm a gc holder for two years and my girlfiend is on H1-B visa due to expire on April 05 (6 years). We'd like to get married but wonder if she would require to leave the country when her visa expires?

If somehow an alien keep maintain his/her lawful presence its fine.

Getting married after GC may require spouse to leave, and to get LPR status (if applied through principal) only path to walk-on, is Family-based / 130 petition.

I believe if spouse individualy status is maintained by himseif/herself, they can stay.

Other option is for spouse to get G.C independently.

Good Luck

yzhang1972 said:
Hello there,

My spouse finally received Package III from Consulate in Ankara, Turkey after my I-824 approval on August 16 at TSC. However, they sent I-864 instead of I-130, which was suggested by most of members here. I wonder if they made mistake of giving my spouse wrong category. Can you let me know if someone filled I-864 in FTJ? And which category the spouse should be in? Thank you.

First we all glad to hear finaly ur spouse get pkt-3.

(if u are in EB catagory then)
Second don't worry much about I-864. however they should have sent I-134. the difference between them is to qualify 125% of poverty to become sponser/support affidavit, plus tax return more than last one year.

In EB that is not the case to get qulify 125%, you may download the correct form and send them back I-134 with and explaination note. they would correct their side.

Even if they don't agree with u, maximum they would ask u to send I-864. and I believe you can qualify without any issue.

No doubt they sent by mistake.

Good Luck

Prince of Jungle and all,

Just to reconfirm:

To follow-to-join, I need to check option 'C' and put 'Islamabad, Pakistan' in there, right?

C. The CIS to notify a U.S. Consulate that my status has been adjusted to permanent residen. Please notify the U.S. Consulate at:
Islamabad, Pakistan

Is that correct?

I-485 approval means that my status has been adjusted, right?

I'm sending my docs today - here is list of docs that I'm sending along I-824:
1. Money order Filing Fee $195.00
2. Form I-824
3. Spouse information on separate sheet
4. Copy of I-485 Approval Notice
5. Copy of I-485 Original Petition
6. Copy of Marriage Certificate Urdu
7. Copy of Marriage Certificate English
8. Copy of Birth Certificate of Spouse
9. Copy of English Translation of Birth Certificate of Spouse
10. Copy of passport

Thanks!

Guangzhou (China) Follow To Join Spreadsheet

Dear Guangzhou FTJ applicants,

I've made a spreadsheet and included all
information I have gathered from your posts,
please update when you get new information.

I just want to say, VSC has the most problems.

Hope you all get your Packet 4 (Appointment Packet)
very very soon :)

Your case is not unusual

rtpman said:

I sent my documents to GUZ in May 6, 2005, but those
lazy fools send them back a month later.

You should call USCIS Customer Service to request the Service Center
that approved your I-824 to re-send your cable to Guangzhou
via fax and mail. Then, follow up with emails/fax to Guangzhou to
make sure they received the cable.

Last resort is to write to the Office of Inspector General of
Dept of State. They oversee the US Consulates across the
world to make sure everything is done according to the book: http://oig.state.gov/

I'm preparing to write them if my cable is lost.

Urgent

ifi5000 said:
Prince of Jungle and all,

Just to reconfirm:

To follow-to-join, I need to check option 'C' and put 'Islamabad, Pakistan' in there, right?

C. The CIS to notify a U.S. Consulate that my status has been adjusted to permanent residen. Please notify the U.S. Consulate at:
Islamabad, Pakistan

Is that correct?

I-485 approval means that my status has been adjusted, right?

I'm sending my docs today - here is list of docs that I'm sending along I-824:
1. Money order Filing Fee $195.00
2. Form I-824
3. Spouse information on separate sheet
4. Copy of I-485 Approval Notice
5. Copy of I-485 Original Petition
6. Copy of Marriage Certificate Urdu
7. Copy of Marriage Certificate English
8. Copy of Birth Certificate of Spouse
9. Copy of English Translation of Birth Certificate of Spouse
10. Copy of passport

Thanks!

Can someone please reconfirm above... this is URGENT! I need to file today.

Appreciate early response!

Status
Not open for further replies.