Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
rajinca said:
Yes for Pakistan PD is current unless no Visa number available as it happened now.

1- How long will it take for visa number to become available (for Pakistan)?

2 -My Lawyer asked me to file I-130 along with FTJ, I'm not sure why. :confused:

3- Lawyer told me that if I want ot file I-824 only then I have to pay x amount. And if I want her to follow the case till it is approved including consular processing documents/follow up then I have to pay x*2. Is she trying to trick me?

Regards!

ifi5000 said:

IT should be available from Oct. 1 2006

2 -My Lawyer asked me to file I-130 along with FTJ, I'm not sure why. :confused:

No need to file I-130

3- Lawyer told me that if I want ot file I-824 only then I have to pay x amount. And if I want her to follow the case till it is approved including consular processing documents/follow up then I have to pay x*2. Is she trying to trick me?

Yes.. you don't need a lawyer for FTJ.

What stage you are in. Pls send all the details
Date of marriage
Approval date

Regards!

ifi5000 said:

Regards!

Iffi, send ur email using pvt msg.

Good Luck

Ftj

Hi,

I had mailed the I-824 receipt to US Consulate Chennai. They created the case number. What is the next step? Please advise.

Thanks,
Sri

scn0718 said:
Hi,

I had mailed the I-824 receipt to US Consulate Chennai. They created the case number. What is the next step? Please advise.

Thanks,
Sri

I believe you mean I-824 and supporting documents.

I am not from Chennai but I believe after they create case they would send Packet 3 to your spouse. in which some forms (ds230, I-134,) and other instructions to submit doc required doc .

common list doc of Packet 3 are

DS230 froms
I-134 Affidavit form

Additional asking doc

Marriage Certificate (local language org + English Tranlation + photocopies both)
Birth certificte (her) (local language org + English Tranlation + photocopies both)
Police certificate
and other doc from her side. like passport org/copy

Medical instrucitons for Immg, Authorized doc/clinics list,

To save ur time u can
Download I-134 from USCIS/visapro web site its fillable, fill it out and collect supporting doc like , EVL+Bank.

if u like u also can fill DS230 Part I & II for her, and send all doc to her she will sign on it. and would prepare Packet 3.5 docs whatever they are asking.
read previous thread for detail.

Once she have all doc ready , she would send them to consulate and they would issue interview letter for her. thats it.

make sure and tell her to copy all doc u sent to her for intervew.

wish u good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
i485 for spouse.

I got married in Jan and my wife arrived in US on H4 in Feb. My i140 and i485 were pending as of then, so I approached my lawyer to file an amendment to my adjustment of status application and also to file for my spouse's adjustment of status application. He mentioned that I cannot apply for her status adjustment because the 'VISA' numbers were not available. Got the same answer every time I called him till now. Meanwhile my i140 was approved and my second finger printing done. Now the issue is if I get my i485 approved before I file for my wife's status adjustment from what I heard she will be out of status, which is ridiculous. So is that true, what do I need to do to avoid this situation.

aryakautilya said:
I got married in Jan and my wife arrived in US on H4 in Feb. My i140 and i485 were pending as of then, so I approached my lawyer to file an amendment to my adjustment of status application and also to file for my spouse's adjustment of status application. He mentioned that I cannot apply for her status adjustment because the 'VISA' numbers were not available. Got the same answer every time I called him till now. Meanwhile my i140 was approved and my second finger printing done. Now the issue is if I get my i485 approved before I file for my wife's status adjustment from what I heard she will be out of status, which is ridiculous. So is that true, what do I need to do to avoid this situation.
You will not get I-485 approval b/c visa number are not available.Keep your paper ready and file her I-485 in Oct. when Visa number are available depending on your visa category.

Any progress?

rm101 said:
Ansi,
Thanks for quick response.I was just making sure with docs.As per i know those docs are enough.
Thanks again
RM101

Hello RM101 and NJBLUE

I understand you guys have sent the initating documents and the form DS2001 to the Chennai consulate. Is there any progress in either of your cases?

I also did the same thing and I have not heard anything from the consulate yet.

I am anxious to know when the next step will be? Will it be only after Oct 1 2005?

Thanks for your response!
Ansi.

ansi2004/rm101 and njblue

I got the case # from Chennai consulate last week. What is the duration to receive packet 3/interview appointment? Please advise.

Sri

scn0718 said:

I got the case # from Chennai consulate last week. What is the duration to receive packet 3/interview appointment? Please advise.

Sri

If you send the DS2001, then I think you will directly get the Interview Appointment. Otherwise, my assumption is that the consulate will send the packet3.

For either of them, I am not sure what the time line is...

I think the consulate will wait to schedule any interview appointment until the visa numbers become available which is on Oct 1, 2005.

Guys, do you agree?

Thanks,
Ansi.

I-751

Hello Everyone,

I got my conditional permanent card(GC). I am going to apply for I-751 around sept 2006. How long does it take to process I-751(to remove the conditions) and give a permanent GC?

Thank you

Following-to-join benefit

Hi There,

My I-824 was approved on June 19,2005.I had email the embassy in my country several time.Yesterday,I received email from them saying case has been created and Packet 3 was send out to your address in US.

Which numbers does FTJ falls under???

Hello everyone!

I am confused as to which numbers the FTJ visas fall under. Is it Family-based second preference A (F2A) OR Employment Based third preference (EB3)?

My category is EB3. Does that mean my spouse will come under EB3 as well? I-824 approval notice filed for my spouse says the category as "E37" same category as mentioned in my I-140/I-485 Approval notices.

If the FTJ spouses acquire the same category as the principal applicant (which is EB3 in my case), then who falls under F2A? Those who had filed I-130 under "marriage after GC"?

PLEASE CLARIFY GUYS... I KNOW I AM TOO CONFUSED!

This confusion is because my PD is May 2000. If FTJ comes under F2A for which the cut-off date is in 2001, my wishful thinking is to expect an appointment for my spouse sooner than Oct 1, 2005.
===============================
Sep 2005 Visa bulletin says:

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES
Second : Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;

ansi2004 said:
Hello everyone!

I am confused as to which numbers the FTJ visas fall under. Is it Family-based second preference A (F2A) OR Employment Based third preference (EB3)?

My category is EB3. Does that mean my spouse will come under EB3 as well? I-824 approval notice filed for my spouse says the category as "E37" same category as mentioned in my I-140/I-485 Approval notices.

If the FTJ spouses acquire the same category as the principal applicant (which is EB3 in my case), then who falls under F2A? Those who had filed I-130 under "marriage after GC"?

PLEASE CLARIFY GUYS... I KNOW I AM TOO CONFUSED!

This confusion is because my PD is May 2000. If FTJ comes under F2A for which the cut-off date is in 2001, my wishful thinking is to expect an appointment for my spouse sooner than Oct 1, 2005.
===============================
Sep 2005 Visa bulletin says:

FAMILY-SPONSORED PREFERENCES
Second : Spouses and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Permanent Residents: 114,200, plus the number (if any) by which the worldwide family preference level exceeds 226,000, and any unused first preference numbers:

A. Spouses and Children: 77% of the overall second preference limitation, of which 75% are exempt from the per-country limit;
Your spouse comes under EB3 as your's. Donot get confoused with f2A which is family based category.
Regarding interviews they are scheduled between first 15 days i.e. for Oct. 2006 they will schedule between Sep1-15.

I hope this helps.

going to send docs to consulate

ansi,rm,poj and everybody ....

atlast i have everything ready to send it to chennai consulate... i am just aheading to USPS ... just want to double check the Chennai consulate address whom I need to address .... is it

American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006, India.

? Could somebody who is online reply me please ...? Thanks a lot !

mega007 said:
ansi,rm,poj and everybody ....

atlast i have everything ready to send it to chennai consulate... i am just aheading to USPS ... just want to double check the Chennai consulate address whom I need to address .... is it

American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006, India.

? Could somebody who is online reply me please ...? Thanks a lot !

Thats the correct address!

GOOD LUCK

ansi2004 said:
If you send the DS2001, then I think you will directly get the Interview Appointment. Otherwise, my assumption is that the consulate will send the packet3.

For either of them, I am not sure what the time line is...

I think the consulate will wait to schedule any interview appointment until the visa numbers become available which is on Oct 1, 2005.

Guys, do you agree?

Thanks,
Ansi.

Ansi,
Packet 3 will have DS230 and DS 2001 docs.If u have already mailed these two docs, u will not get any communication from them .Next response from them will be intervierw letter.I mailed about 3 weeks back and did not hear any thing from them.When i called tehy said just wait for interview letter.

RM101

scn0718 said:

Sri

Sri,
Dont wait for packet 3 from consulate downlaod DS230 part 1 and DS2001 and mail it to consualte.dont forget to write ur case number.U will have all instructions on those forms.Most of the times packets get missed in mails.That is what i did..They asked me to downlaod from web.

thanks and next step

Ansi,

Thanks for the confirmation. I sent all the docs last evening. I called my buddy when I was abt to give the pack in the usps counter to check this forum whether u or somebody replied for the addr confirmation and glad to know that u did.

ansi, rm, poj and all,

I beleive next step is to get the case number and I am not sure when ?!

and probably after that I need to send DS2001 and I donno what is for that either ?!

so when u get chance pl reply ... i am little relieved just by sending all the docs .... but i did send all the 14 checklists which i posted last time and then poj or somebody updated .....

Also as per rm if i send ds2001 then there is a good chance to get the interview date directly by avoiding packet 3..... is it like that ?

Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.