Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
NJBLUE said:
Hi Ansi2005 & RM101

Thanks for the update. I have sent an e-mail to consulate enquiring about Packet 3 and I haven't received any response yet. I will keep you posted as soon as I have some info.

Thanks

Thanks for the update Njblue.We 3 are in the same status .Lets hope the best
RM101

thanks to usnycus

Usnycus,

Thanks for your detailed reply regarding 134. I dint get chance to check the forum and today when I checked I am seeing lot of stuff esp from our ansi,njblue and 101.

usnycus, ansi, njblue & 101,

Ok. I am probably some miles behind your boats ... yeah. I yet to receive ds230 and police clearance letters for my wife - from my wife and dad from india to send the docs to Chennai consulate. Probs I could do it in another 10 days. I thought we need to send 134 when we send the docs...but - could you please tell me whether my wife will have to carry that in the interview time ?

Now only I am hearing about this ds2001 ? But I guess at this point i shud be worrying to send the docs sooner .... i am hearing lot of useful things from you guys and people like POJ and others ....

thanks all.

To all who got case# but waiting for packet-3:

Download forms from internet and mail tham to the consulate. Don't wait.

Here is the link to get Forms/Fees:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/forms_and_fees.html

Link to instructions & Information:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/iv_general_info.html
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1308.html

NJBLUE said:
Hi Ansi2005 & RM101

Thanks for the update. I have sent an e-mail to consulate enquiring about Packet 3 and I haven't received any response yet. I will keep you posted as soon as I have some info.

Thanks

I would say submit all required papers (if they are ready) along with DS-230.

Consualte will ask you for any missing paper during interview. I-134 is required but even without that consulate should schedule interview for FTJ. And You will need to provide that during interview.

mega007 said:
Usnycus,

Thanks for your detailed reply regarding 134. I dint get chance to check the forum and today when I checked I am seeing lot of stuff esp from our ansi,njblue and 101.

usnycus, ansi, njblue & 101,

Ok. I am probably some miles behind your boats ... yeah. I yet to receive ds230 and police clearance letters for my wife - from my wife and dad from india to send the docs to Chennai consulate. Probs I could do it in another 10 days. I thought we need to send 134 when we send the docs...but - could you please tell me whether my wife will have to carry that in the interview time ?

Now only I am hearing about this ds2001 ? But I guess at this point i shud be worrying to send the docs sooner .... i am hearing lot of useful things from you guys and people like POJ and others ....

thanks all.

bank statement

Hi usnycus & all,

This may be a stupid question. But there is something hidden.

Do I need to get a bank statement from the Bank or Credit Union or a normal printout from the online is going to be enough ?

How ever it is - Can we request the bank to send me a letter which states my balance alone....will that be enuf ... so that i could avoid showing explicitly that the money is recently deposited/transferred ? :D i hope u got my this Q especially?

I think I am ready with everything other than this bank statment and hence i dont want to make a mess or mistake in this ..!

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I submitted first page from one of the monthly statement. First page gives you summary of account(s) without giving any detail. That way you can avoid the details like (transaction, amount, date etc).

I would also suggest you to carry complete statement for last two three months, just in case. You don't want consulate delaying the decision for a bank statement.

Getting a letter from bank may take time (further delaying the process) and some bank do charge small fees for that service. I had to get one during my student visa days and I think I paid around $15 for that service to one of the major bank in US.

mega007 said:
Hi usnycus & all,

This may be a stupid question. But there is something hidden.

Do I need to get a bank statement from the Bank or Credit Union or a normal printout from the online is going to be enough ?

How ever it is - Can we request the bank to send me a letter which states my balance alone....will that be enuf ... so that i could avoid showing explicitly that the money is recently deposited/transferred ? :D i hope u got my this Q especially?

I think I am ready with everything other than this bank statment and hence i dont want to make a mess or mistake in this ..!

Thanks all.

thanks

Thanks Usnycus ! I am working on my bank statements ....

Regarding submission of pay stubs ..... from last nov - feb = round 4 months, i was in india ... and when i got back in march, i got my job only at may ...hence.. i dont have pay stub for ran about 6 months. Since my payrole runs late... lemme put in this way that i dont have pay stubs from jan - june ..... i got only at july pay stub ...and now gonna get another one .... meaning i do have only 2 pay stubs for 2005 !!!!! do you this is gonna give bad effect !! Suggest me please.

Thanks.

Give them whatever you have. 2 paystub should be OK.

As long as you have tax returns/W2 for last couple years, you should be fine.

Also, make sure you have employement letter from employer .

mega007 said:
Thanks Usnycus ! I am working on my bank statements ....

Regarding submission of pay stubs ..... from last nov - feb = round 4 months, i was in india ... and when i got back in march, i got my job only at may ...hence.. i dont have pay stub for ran about 6 months. Since my payrole runs late... lemme put in this way that i dont have pay stubs from jan - june ..... i got only at july pay stub ...and now gonna get another one .... meaning i do have only 2 pay stubs for 2005 !!!!! do you this is gonna give bad effect !! Suggest me please.

Thanks.

usnycus said:
To all who got case# but waiting for packet-3:

Download forms from internet and mail tham to the consulate. Don't wait.

Here is the link to get Forms/Fees:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/forms_and_fees.html

Link to instructions & Information:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/iv_general_info.html
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1308.html

Hi,
Anis and NJ blue
I got email from chennai stating u can download packet 3 from website and send .If we have already mailed ds 230 part i no need to send this .All we need to send is DS 2001 Instruction form ( Just check teh boxes signed by ur wife and mail)

RM101

rm101 said:
Hi,
Anis and NJ blue
I got email from chennai stating u can download packet 3 from website and send .If we have already mailed ds 230 part i no need to send this .All we need to send is DS 2001 Instruction form ( Just check teh boxes signed by ur wife and mail)

RM101

U are right unsys.Thanks for ur advise

rm101 said:
U are right unsys.Thanks for ur advise

Hello USNYCUS, RM101 and NJBLUE

I have already sent DS230 Part I. I want to send DS2001 but I could not find this form anywhere. This is not a generic form like all other forms. This is specific to each consulate. The one I found on Mumbai consulate has the title of Mumbai Consulate.

So, any idea where I can find DS2001 specific to Chennai Consulate? Or Can I download and fill the Mumbai consulate specific DS2001 and send it to Chennai Consulate?

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
Hello USNYCUS, RM101 and NJBLUE

I have already sent DS230 Part I. I want to send DS2001 but I could not find this form anywhere. This is not a generic form like all other forms. This is specific to each consulate. The one I found on Mumbai consulate has the title of Mumbai Consulate.

So, any idea where I can find DS2001 specific to Chennai Consulate? Or Can I download and fill the Mumbai consulate specific DS2001 and send it to Chennai Consulate?

Please let me know!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Ansi,
Here is the generic form which u can download and send .That is what i used.(Click on the linkDS 2001 formerly OF-169) u get pdf file..

http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/packet3.html

RM101

rm101 said:
Ansi,
Here is the generic form which u can download and send .That is what i used.(Click on the linkDS 2001 formerly OF-169) u get pdf file..

RM101
Hi RM101 and ANSI2005

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. I havn't send ds230 I so I will send that along with DS2001.

One more thinng, I'm having problem with ds230. I have noticed, the "To Date" field value on the second row under section 20 is getting copied onto section 23. Do you guys have same issue?

Thanks

rm101 said:
Ansi,

RM101
Thanks RM101 for the link to DS2001.

I have few questions while filling up the form.

1. What to fill for "Foreign State Chargeability" on the upper right corner (2nd row in the box)? - Should I fill "INDIA"?
2. What to fill for "Immigrant Visa Category" on the upper right corner (3rd row in the box)? - Should I fill "EB3" or "Follow to Join" or "EB3 under Follow to Join" ?
3. Should I check the box for item "9. Original Documents"? Does "Follow to join" category also comes under Family-Based immigrant visa petition?
4. In the enclosures section, DS230 and DS2000 are specified and I am not planning to inlcude them. So, what will happen? Should I cross them off before sending?

Thanks for your help.
Ansi.

NJBLUE said:
Hi RM101 and ANSI2005

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions. I havn't send ds230 I so I will send that along with DS2001.

One more thinng, I'm having problem with ds230. I have noticed, the "To Date" field value on the second row under section 20 is getting copied onto section 23. Do you guys have same issue?

Thanks

Hello NJBLUE

What you said was right. I downloaded the trial version of Adobe professional and made some tweaking in the pdf. I did that long back and now the trial has ended and I am not able to do it again.So, you can download it and do the same tweak.

Thanks,
Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
Thanks RM101 for the link to DS2001.

I have few questions while filling up the form.

1. What to fill for "Foreign State Chargeability" on the upper right corner (2nd row in the box)? - Should I fill "INDIA"?
2. What to fill for "Immigrant Visa Category" on the upper right corner (3rd row in the box)? - Should I fill "EB3" or "Follow to Join" or "EB3 under Follow to Join" ?
3. Should I check the box for item "9. Original Documents"? Does "Follow to join" category also comes under Family-Based immigrant visa petition?
4. In the enclosures section, DS230 and DS2000 are specified and I am not planning to inlcude them. So, what will happen? Should I cross them off before sending?

Thanks for your help.
Ansi.

Ansi,
I left tehm blank i think they are for teh office use.If tehy would have mailed us packet three they would have filled it.I left no 9 blank as that is related to
family based green cards.

Enclose section will not make any difference.U ca srrike of or leave as it is

Important thing is along with DS 2001, include a cover letter signed by u r wife.as below :and dont forget to include ur case number

Date: August, 1 2005

To,
Immigrant Visa Section
American Consulate General
220 Anna Salai, Gemini Circle,
Chennai 600 006.
Sub: Case number (MDRXXXXXXXX) Packet 3. Follow to join
Sir/Madam,

With reference to above case number, please find enclosed DS 2001 form (Instructions for immigrant visa) applicants .We have already mailed DS 230 part 1 as part of initial documents for initiating the following to join case. If you have any question or need any additional documents please contact us at at below address.

Ur wifd e details with address

Sincerely,

( )

U rwif esignature

ansi2004 said:
Hello NJBLUE

What you said was right. I downloaded the trial version of Adobe professional and made some tweaking in the pdf. I did that long back and now the trial has ended and I am not able to do it again.So, you can download it and do the same tweak.

Thanks,
Ansi.
Hi Ansi2004

I have tried do the same but the form seems to be locked and I can not unlock it.

If you don't mind could you please e-mail it (blank form) to me.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

follow to join

hello., anybody here who already finished there interview recently for followto join E3 category in manila embassy? im expecting a letter for my interview and medical. but i dont know how many mos. would it be from the time i passed the ds 230 and ds 2001. thanks

some immihelp form links was missing, u may use this link

http://www.immihelp.com/forms/state.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

I like to share what I was noticed and learnt that all consulate from different country have diff way to deal. with documents and sending / asking.

the bottom line is, if the consulate allow to start FTJ without 824 decission (made by USCIS here) then procedure is.

You sent request directly to consulate to FTJ initiate case (create case for spouse), along with Notarized (preferable) Org/copy, depends on consulate

485 App notice
140 App notice
GC Copy both side
824 receipt
your all pasport copy with all pages
your spouse info in seperate sheet.
Additional doc u may send like evl,tax,134,bank,others

it was learned that even you send some doc pre-asked they are asking again to comply their side of procedure.

Once they receive ur doc they verify ur info with their system, then they would create case and send a Packet 3/3.5 and ask u to fill it out form DS230 I and II and return with doc to qualify the intervew.

Doc list. (Again all consualte work diff way some ask org + copy the org doc will be returned)

1. Spouse Brith Certf Org + copy
2. Marriage Certf Org + copy
3. Spouse Passport (Org + copies)
3. Form 134 filled by u with supporting doc
4. 1040 Tax last year
5. EVL (employment letter)
6. Police Certificate for spouse live currently ( and if she lived 6+ month other places, just prepage themt too).
7. Medical requirement/instructions
8. Photos

I beleive this is avg paper they ask, the org doc will be returned to them back, or if not asked they ask to bring in intervew.

Then some wait time they issue the letter to apear in intervew with doc if they need to see. (ALWAYS make copies of all doc you send/receive to consualte, every single page, u never know when you get shocked of absent of the blah balh doc, and their clerk misplaced :D , make copies every single page and ask ur spouse to take with her/him during intervew)

Thats all I belive.....

Unforunately not all consulate works same way, few ppl shared, from Turkey/UK and other places they consulate unable to initiate FTJ case untill USCIS made decission on 824, and let them offically inform them thorugh cable/system. my sympthay with those who are in this painful situation, I can und what pain they are going through.

Few are lucky who have some easy consulate process to face.

Whatever situation, all I can say 'We are on same boat', share and help eachother :D

Wish you good luck :D

NJBLUE said:
Hi Ansi2004

I have tried do the same but the form seems to be locked and I can not unlock it.

If you don't mind could you please e-mail it (blank form) to me. My e-mail id is nortel345@yahoo.com

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hello NJBLUE

Sorry for the delay. I was able to tweak the pdf in Adobe Professional (Trial version I downloaded from: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatpro/tryout.html ). I did it long time ago and now the trial has ended so it would not let me do it again. Unfortuntely I dont have the PDF that I tweaked earlier. I tried to tweak it using Adobe Standard but it would not let me do it since it is locked (Remember, Adobe pro let me tweak it although it was locked).

So, I would suggest you to download the Adobe pro from the link above and tweak it. Otherwise, you are better off filling up the form manually!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Status
Not open for further replies.