Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already answered by 'rammyrammy'

mega007 said:
Hi usnycus or anybody,

Could you please tell me the procedure for medical check up for the FTJ Process ? (like - list of doctors in India ?/What are the required check ups) Rgding the police clearance, I guess getting the clearance certificate from the local police is enuf or we need one from my wife's native also where she lived from birth to until marriage ?

Also, Where in the DOS website, the fees for DS-230 is mentioned about ?

Thanks

Why do you think you will face issues?

Looks like your husband already got his GC approved in the same scenario. Just tell the truth during interview at consulate.

Knighthorse1 said:
Thanks for replying. one last thing, would it not create a probrem during the interview since when my husband left US he was on a tourist visa, adjusted his status when he passed the NCLEX RN exam, im afraid ifthe consul would ask me what type of visa did your husband procure when he went to USA . what would be the possible answer? since he is the main petitioner.
is there chances of denial on FTJ? my category also is E3 it says on aug. bulletin -unavailable but when i think of it, FTJ you will have the same priority date as of the husband. if the husband is approved the spouse should also be approved. right? please help/

Here u go:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: << Today's Date >>

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, Vermont 05479

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: CIS to notify a US Consulate regarding I-485 approval.

Pursuant to Adjustment of Status (I-485) approval dated << Approval date>>, I am in process of submitting an immigrant visa petition for spouse currently living in << City, State, Country). She is eligible for “following-to-join” benefit since we got married on << Marriage date>> before I-485 approval (i.e. << Approval Date>>).

I have enclosed the following documents for your reference:

1. Application form (I-824).
2. Application fees (Check for $195)
3. Original I-485 application submitted to USCIS.
4. Copy of approved letter (I-797 C) for I-485.
5. Copy of I-551 Stamp from passport.
6. Copy of Marriage Certificate
7. Biographic Data for Spouse i.e. << Spouse Name >>

I would really appreciate your continued processing of the application and notifying me accordingly.

Very Truly yours,

Name
Address
Biographic Data for << Spouse name>> (Spouse):

Last Name
First Name
City/Country of Birth
Father Name
Mother Name
Nationality
Permanent Address
Date of Marriage
Place of Marriage
Spouse Name

usnycus said:
Just send them copy of petition (forms).

I will post I-824 cover letter in a day or so...

rammyrammy said:
FTJ05,
Thanks. But, isnt this the letter to the Consulate?
I was originally asking for the Cover letter to File I-824.
Thanks anyways... I need this at a letr time:)

Rammy.

rammyrammy said:
usnycus,
Does that mean everything in 485 Application? My 485 Application has some 60 Pages, copies of almost every possible paper :)....
Or Can I just send the First Two pages of the I 485 Application.

I am all set and Just waiting for some template for the letter , to mail the I-824.
Looks like all the Guys in the forum are pretty Busy Last two days..

Thanks in Advance..
Rammy.

Thanks Usnycus.. Since I was hard pressed for time.. I Cooked up something Similar and mailed it. Anywyas thanks... now I am waiting for CIS to take action.. Fingers Crossed..

usnycus said:
Here u go:
Date: << Today's Date >>

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Vermont Service Center
75 Lower Welden Street
St. Albans, Vermont 05479

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: CIS to notify a US Consulate regarding I-485 approval.

Pursuant to Adjustment of Status (I-485) approval dated << Approval date>>, I am in process of submitting an immigrant visa petition for spouse currently living in << City, State, Country). She is eligible for “following-to-join” benefit since we got married on << Marriage date>> before I-485 approval (i.e. << Approval Date>>).

I have enclosed the following documents for your reference:

1. Application form (I-824).
2. Application fees (Check for $195)
3. Original I-485 application submitted to USCIS.
4. Copy of approved letter (I-797 C) for I-485.
5. Copy of I-551 Stamp from passport.
6. Copy of Marriage Certificate
7. Biographic Data for Spouse i.e. << Spouse Name >>

I would really appreciate your continued processing of the application and notifying me accordingly.

Very Truly yours,

Name
Address
Biographic Data for << Spouse name>> (Spouse):

Last Name
First Name
City/Country of Birth
Father Name
Mother Name
Nationality
Permanent Address
Date of Marriage
Place of Marriage
Spouse Name

H1, GreenCard & Marriage to non US citizen

Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to the forum, and have been trying to read up on all your experiences. There are some things I find similar to my case, but there are many nuances, so I am not sure if I understand the process right.

Can you please give me some advice on the following:
Facts:
1) I am (an Indian citizen and) a current H1B holder, and my employer has agreed to sponsor my GC
2) I recently got engaged, my fiance is in India (he too is an Indian Citizen). He has a 10yr multiple entry visitors visa to the US.
3) We plan to get married around August of next year (2006).

Questions:
1) What is the best and fastest way for my fiance to be added on to my GC application? (He prefers not to come on a H4 because he won't be able to work on that visa).
2) My GC process hasn't even begun yet (just finalized the job ad - the recruiting efforts are yet to begin).
3) Since neither of us are US citizens, I believe we don't qualify for the K visa status to bring over a fiance from India to the US. We need to be married in order for him to come here as part of the GC. Is this correct?
4) Is there a certain stage at which it is better to be already married and file our GCs together rather than file for the "follow-to-join" method?
5) If so, I dont know what that is or which stage of the GC process this is.

PLEASE HELP ME. Your advice is greatly appreciated. P.S. - I have a lawyer who is really inefficient, and hasn't budged on the process since Jan 05! Hence, I am depending on this forum for all my answers.

Thanks very much. Look forward to hearing from one and all :)
Nayantara

Questions:
1) What is the best and fastest way for my fiance to be added on to my GC application? (He prefers not to come on a H4 because he won't be able to work on that visa).
You cannot Add your finacee to the Green Card Process.

2) My GC process hasn't even begun yet (just finalized the job ad - the recruiting efforts are yet to begin).
This is altogether way too early for you, to do anything. Bringing Dependants on H4 is the best possible way for doing this.

3) Since neither of us are US citizens, I believe we don't qualify for the K visa status to bring over a fiance from India to the US. We need to be married in order for him to come here as part of the GC. Is this correct?
This is Correct

4) Is there a certain stage at which it is better to be already married and file our GCs together rather than file for the "follow-to-join" method?
Follow to Join is an unfortunate Situation people like me are enduring. I advise you notto get to that stage. My best advise is, Get married, Bring on H4 and after that look for a Job.. and convert to h1.

So at this Point of time, You can use this Dsicussion group for Information, but You are years away from this FTJ issue..

I wish you good Luck.

GC_subsc said:
Hello everyone,
I am fairly new to the forum, and have been trying to read up on all your experiences. There are some things I find similar to my case, but there are many nuances, so I am not sure if I understand the process right.

Can you please give me some advice on the following:
Facts:
1) I am (an Indian citizen and) a current H1B holder, and my employer has agreed to sponsor my GC
2) I recently got engaged, my fiance is in India (he too is an Indian Citizen). He has a 10yr multiple entry visitors visa to the US.
3) We plan to get married around August of next year (2006).

Questions:

PLEASE HELP ME. Your advice is greatly appreciated. P.S. - I have a lawyer who is really inefficient, and hasn't budged on the process since Jan 05! Hence, I am depending on this forum for all my answers.

Thanks very much. Look forward to hearing from one and all :)
Nayantara

:(

Dear rammyrammy,
Thanks for your response. I've heard the FTJ method and process is a real pain and takes several years to come through! Sorry to hear that you haven't had a great experience wt it either. I guess we do need to go through the H4 route after all. I definitely don't want to be stuck for years before my to be husband will be join me - hence all this planning to see what the best approach is. Also given the marriage date plays a significant part in this whole process - i wasn't sure what the ground situation is on any of this. I also dont know if one can then switch from H4 to GC? I have posted my questions on the GC through employment forum as well - and perhaps that answer will emerge in that forum, since ari4u told me this wasn't the right forum for me to begin with. I see a lot of questions here though that somewhat relate to my situation. So I guess I will take your advice and keep reading up on this as an info gathering tool.

How long ago did you start the process, if you dont mind me asking?

THanks very much and good luck to you too.
Nayantara

rm101 said:
Hi NJBlue,
Nice to see ur quick response.Did u call chennai consulate? Did they give u case number?.Did ur wife got packet 3?.Looks like we are in same boat.Please respond. i will let u know once my wife gets packet 3.

I am in EB3 category..

Thanks,
RM101
Hi RM101

Did you guys recieve packet 3 from Chennai consulate. My wife hasn't received yet.

Thankjs

H4 to GC or, H4 to H1 and GC etc.. you have all the options available for you.
I got my GC approved end of June. Got married in May.
THe actual GC process started 3 years back.

GC_subsc said:
Dear rammyrammy,
Thanks for your response. I've heard the FTJ method and process is a real pain and takes several years to come through! Sorry to hear that you haven't had a great experience wt it either. I guess we do need to go through the H4 route after all. I definitely don't want to be stuck for years before my to be husband will be join me - hence all this planning to see what the best approach is. Also given the marriage date plays a significant part in this whole process - i wasn't sure what the ground situation is on any of this. I also dont know if one can then switch from H4 to GC? I have posted my questions on the GC through employment forum as well - and perhaps that answer will emerge in that forum, since ari4u told me this wasn't the right forum for me to begin with. I see a lot of questions here though that somewhat relate to my situation. So I guess I will take your advice and keep reading up on this as an info gathering tool.

How long ago did you start the process, if you dont mind me asking?

THanks very much and good luck to you too.
Nayantara

double petition

hello,

may i ask anybody in the forum who went to the interview and had double petition on hand? im afraid since i have been petitioned by my husband Follow to join and i have pending SChed.A petition also. i still havent back out with my sched. A but planning to withraw it after approval of my interview in FTJ. will the consul know it through computer online or not? im afraid to be denied. thanks

I-824

DD2003 said:
Uncle came to USA on family based green card and filed for his wife follow to join.

She got biographic information letter after a year. She was late in filling by three months.

Looks like case is closed because of delay in fillng.

What is the quickest way to get her to USA.

1 ) file I-824 ?
2) is there any way to open old approved petition ?
my brother in law has same situation as your uncle, did you get some good idea. could you share you inormation?
Thank you!

Approval notice of I824

I will file a follow to join case for my husband in Guangzhou Consulate in China. My I824 finally got approved . But I di dnot see term of Guangzhou Consulate in the approval Notice. Is it normal? What information ahould be in the I824 approval notice? THanks for your input.

sonya-sun said:
my brother in law has same situation as your uncle, did you get some good idea. could you share you inormation?
Thank you!
Originally Posted by sonya-sun
Thank you so much!
On June1,2005, I sent letters to USCIS and GZ again tell them my situation. Guangzhou finally set up a case for my son. They said they are going to send the instruction packet to my son this week.
Good luck, my friend.

Can you share your experience with us? I had similar situation, Guangzhou consulate always said they didn't get information from USCIS, but USCIS said they already sent information out by calble, telephone or fax. I think many people got into this trouble, you are good one. How did you solve this problem? Did you just send support document? Thank you very much.

I had similar experience after submitting papers (in second week of Jan 2005 by mail) to N. Delhi US Embassy. After waiting over a month I decided to visit them personally.

We went to US consulate sometime end of Feb & came to know that a case number is assigned. They also told me that an interview is scheduled for Mar 10 and gave a copy of appointment letter.

Please visit them. Take your GC, passport, spouse passport and all the relevant docs.

idocguru said:
Hello FTJ05 and all
I have personally submitted FTJ process with all the documents mentioned with this cover letter at Mumbai consulate. (My spouse was in India due to some unavoidable circumstances while her GC was pending along with mine, I have got GC, but her AP and 485 etc. got cancelled) They have informed me either they call me or mail me, but I i have not received any letter about their decisions/next steps..

I donot have any reference no.. or any thing to discuss this case, Can any one suggest what should be the process to speed up the process or atleast to know the status of the FTJ process.

Thanks a lot in advace for your suggestions....

As I said before, having two pending cases should not cause any problem. Many have multiple I-485 pending here in US with USCIS and I never heard that someone got denied just because s/he applied for two (or more) GC petition.

For now, just prepare yourself for FTJ case and you will be here in US in no time. Make sure you back up FTJ case with all the required docs and that list is posted in this forum number of times.

Good luck.

Knighthorse1 said:
hello,

may i ask anybody in the forum who went to the interview and had double petition on hand? im afraid since i have been petitioned by my husband Follow to join and i have pending SChed.A petition also. i still havent back out with my sched. A but planning to withraw it after approval of my interview in FTJ. will the consul know it through computer online or not? im afraid to be denied. thanks

snowflake66 said:
I will file a follow to join case for my husband in Guangzhou Consulate in China. My I824 finally got approved . But I di dnot see term of Guangzhou Consulate in the approval Notice. Is it normal? What information ahould be in the I824 approval notice? THanks for your input.

their web site: http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/

I beleive on 824, they would be simply stating that We have notified the consulate. thats it.

In my understanding 824 approval is not necesary to initiate the FTJ case, they do have alternate system to verify ur status, if u have given enough proof they would initiate the case, however the USCIS web site does provide some basic info about FTJ case and they are saying After approving the 824 FTJ will be processed. However few consulate in different country they just need simply 824 recepit, and I believe Chenaani even don't need 824.

Do follow ur FTJ once u have 824 letter, send them or fax them along with ur info of followup.

Good Luck

follow to join

to: USNYCUS,

Hello, thanks for the information you gave. Its just that im too preoccupied with so many things that might come out during interview and im going to rattle.
anyway, can i ask you something about the ds 230 thing? since i have 3 children ages 6,5, 2y.o in the applicant signature, what will i put in the form? Just leave it blank and put the date or i will sign it for them and put by?

Next is in my form, is Saipan considered Entrance to US already? i went to saipan to take the nclex Oct 04 in numbr 25, question. list date of all previous visit to or residence in US
should i put SAipan and then date and type of visa -visitors visa?

in number 22, in what occupation do you intend to work in US? should i put N/a or tell the truth that i intend to find work as a nurse there? but im hesitant since i have no papers or documents they might ask me.

What are the chances of denial and approval in this follow to join.and how soon should i expect an interview and medical exam.

Your answers will be of great help to me and will be very appreciated. thanks.

See Inline ...

Knighthorse1 said:
to: USNYCUS,

Hello, thanks for the information you gave. Its just that im too preoccupied with so many things that might come out during interview and im going to rattle.
anyway, can i ask you something about the ds 230 thing? since i have 3 children ages 6,5, 2y.o in the applicant signature, what will i put in the form? Just leave it blank and put the date or i will sign it for them and put by?
... You can sign form as guardian. Check this link:
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhconsuivl.html

Next is in my form, is Saipan considered Entrance to US already? i went to saipan to take the nclex Oct 04 in numbr 25, question. list date of all previous visit to or residence in US
should i put SAipan and then date and type of visa -visitors visa?
... I never visisted Saipan but I don't think Saipan is in US. It is part of Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. (CNMI).

in number 22, in what occupation do you intend to work in US? should i put N/a or tell the truth that i intend to find work as a nurse there? but im hesitant since i have no papers or documents they might ask me.
... It's upto you. Either way, it is not going to create any issues. After getting your immigrant visa you can work in any field you wish.

What are the chances of denial and approval in this follow to join.and how soon should i expect an interview and medical exam.
...It all depends upon paper work you submit to support your case. Normally, it's straight forward process and most of the people get ii. It just takes time.

Your answers will be of great help to me and will be very appreciated. thanks.

I-134 Questions

Hi usnycus or others,

In I-134, Should I leave the column blank or should I fill with "N/A" or "none" for the columns which I dont fill anything ?
[ex : If a US citizen through parents or marriage give citizenship number ___
; I have stocks and bonds with market value $______ ..... questions like that... and the Child Name, gender and Age .........]

Bcoz for question like 9 they specifically ask to state "None" ... If there is nothing to specify ! or Am I worrying more '?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.