Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chennai

Hi Nj blue,
I think still calling them is the right way to get accurate information.Most of there email responses are standard in nature.Try to call the number which i gave .In ur last mail u said they emailed u about package 3 being sent to ur wife but it is not recived by ur wife yet? was this response from there email?Did u get any case number along with email????
I will keep u posted with any latest updations from my side
Have a good weekend

Thanks,

I'm also in EB3 Category

I called them yesterday. I was directed a main board number. I have selected the option #2 for immigrant visa related info and then I have selected option #3 to find out about my case but it says the option is currently not valid or available. I have tried this around 10.45 pm EST and 12.15 am EST but no luck then I have send them e-mail. I will update you if I hear anything from them.

Please update us with your developments as well.

Much appreciated your help.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

ansi2004 said:
Hello Srini PVR

I have a question while filling up I-134. For Line 8 where the form is asking to fill dependant's information, do we need to mention wife's info also? When the actual form is for the benefit of wife, do we need to complete the dependant info as well with her details?

Can you please clarify on this and let us know what you specified while completing I-134?

Thanks,
Ansi.

I remember filling in my wife's details... It is a form you are filling for ur wife.. so, u need to mention that...

Msg to rammyrammy

rammyrammy,

Check the BOX D. That is the correct one for FTJ who is applying thru employment based. Sorry for the late reply.

every one,

Could you please tell me whether there is a issue if we say the answer -Yes- and give my name for the Q. no. 34 in DS-230 Part II which is
"Were you assisted in completing this application? "... or it does not matter at all to worry about this and give any answer.

Thanks.

mega007 said:
rammyrammy,

Check the BOX D. That is the correct one for FTJ who is applying thru employment based. Sorry for the late reply.

every one,

Could you please tell me whether there is a issue if we say the answer -Yes- and give my name for the Q. no. 34 in DS-230 Part II which is
"Were you assisted in completing this application? "... or it does not matter at all to worry about this and give any answer.

Thanks.

I filled my name with husband in the bracket....... It didn't raise any question in my wife's case (even though we went thru my company lawyer)........

Srini

rm101 said:
Hi Nj blue,
I think still calling them is the right way to get accurate information.Most of there email responses are standard in nature.Try to call the number which i gave .In ur last mail u said they emailed u about package 3 being sent to ur wife but it is not recived by ur wife yet? was this response from there email?Did u get any case number along with email????
I will keep u posted with any latest updations from my side
Have a good weekend

Thanks,

I'm also in EB3 Category

I called them yesterday. I was directed a main board number. I have selected the option #2 for immigrant visa related info and then I have selected option #3 to find out about my case but it says the option is currently not valid or available. I have tried this around 10.45 pm EST and 12.15 am EST but no luck then I have send them e-mail. I will update you if I hear anything from them.

Please update us with your developments as well.

Much appreciated your help.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]
Hi RM101

sorry I was not clear before. In the e-mail they said , "We have created a case and will inform you when we schedule an interview".

Did you select the same options to reach the immigration unit?

I will try to call them again on Tuesday and will keep you posted.

Also did you submitt form-824 along with the documents?

Thanks

I-824

mojavetoo said:
I think you should get in touch with Susan Ward.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=80&pp=15

She had a problem with the US Consulate London
losing her I-824 Cable notification which was sent from
the Texas Service Center USCIS.

Another thing, I would advise you to contact USCIS
Customer Service to re-send your I-485 approval
details to Guangzhou via fax because it is safer.
And ask them to send you a copy of the fax as
proof of them sending it to Guangzhou.

Normally, USCIS sends a cable telegram to Guangzhou
subsequent to the approval of your I-824. But being such a
poorly run Consulate, I suspect telegrams are often
misplaced.

Last resort is to talk/write to Stephen Fischel who is
the Director of OFFICE OF LEGISLATION,
REGULATIONS AND ADVISORY ASSISTANCE
in the Dept of State. He oversees the application of
procedures in US Consulates across the world.
Ask him to push the Guangzhou Foreign Service
officer to use a VISAS Badger to obtain your
information since your I-824 cable was misplaced
by VSC and/or Guangzhou. Here's his address:

Director: Stephen K. Fischel
OFFICE OF LEGISLATION, REGULATIONS AND ADVISORY ASSISTANCE

Room=L603E Office=CA/VO/L Location:SA-1
2401 E Street NW, SA-1,
Room L603E
Washington, DC 20522-0103
Fax: (202) 663-3898
Phone: (202) 663-1184

Good luck and tell us what happened.
Thank you so much!
On June1,2005, I sent letters to USCIS and GZ again tell them my situation. Guangzhou finally set up a case for my son. They said they are going to send the instruction packet to my son this week.
Good luck, my friend.

chennai

Hi nj blue,
Yes i submitted my notary certified 824 approval letter.
Also, i called the main number and one lady lifted teh phone .I asked her to connect me to immigration visa unit.She gave the connection and the lady i spoke took the last name of my wife and said they created teh case number and gave me the number.Hoep this answers ur question.I was never routed to automated system.I think monday tehy are closed .try calling our monday night around 10.45 PM EST/9.45 CST

Did they mention in the email that tehy have maield packet 3 to ur wife?
In my case the lady said tehy maile dpacket 3 to my wife 3 days back.But my wife did not recived that yet as of today.Please clarify.

Hi RM101

sorry I was not clear before. In the e-mail they said , "We have created a case and will inform you when we schedule an interview".

Did you select the same options to reach the immigration unit?

I will try to call them again on Tuesday and will keep you posted.

Also did you submitt form-824 along with the documents?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi rm101

They did not mention about the packet 3. They only said they will inform us when they schedule an interview.

Please keep me posted.
Thanks again

NJBLUE said:
Hi rm101

They did not mention about the packet 3. They only said they will inform us when they schedule an interview.

Please keep me posted.
Thanks again

Hi

My husband filed 1st I 824 in Jan 2002 for my son who is to follow to join

This became separated from husbands file so worked before husband I 485 was approved so they denied the 1st I 824 in Oct 2002

The denial letter said send 2nd I 824 once husbands I 485 was approved which he did in April 2004

The second I 824 was approved Aug 2004, as we had not heard anything in Jan 2005. I started to contact congressman

He contacted the consulate but the consulate say they did not received the cable of sons I 824 approval

The consulate have asked for more info on son (29th April 2005) As a result of further info now are asking for an advisory opinion CSPA as son aged out before enactment of cspa!!!!!!!!!!!

Still waiting for a reply to advisory opinion of 16th July 2005!!!

According to my lawyer son is protected by cspa under a limited exception. Husband applied for I 824 within one year of his I 140 approval and this case was pending at the enactment of CSPA

The I 140 was filed before 11th Sept 2000 so patriot act applies and so does cspa. Son turned 21 in April 2004

I am not sure if son will get packet 3 or just called for interview as technically he is approved.

I am going to get my passport stamped for green card on monday, once this is done I will be onto congressman/ombudsman and anyone else who may be able to help resolve this mess

lets update each other here, good luck

Regards Sue Ward

Last edited by a moderator:
I- 824 X 3?

Do I have to file 1 form for my wife and 1 for each of my children or just one is enough?

TORO said:
Do I have to file 1 form for my wife and 1 for each of my children or just one is enough?

Hi

You have to file one for each person who is to follow to join so 3 in total

I just wished we had all come to the us at the same time. Husband had L1 and wife and children had L2's so we could have all come at the same time and do aos at the same time

By following to join you have to wait till I 824 is approved, this can take many months (sons case is still not sorted yet approved Aug 2004!!) Once approved it can take further months to get consulate to compelete processing

Regards Sue

Regards Sue

I-824

I-824 how long it takes to be approved what service center should I send it I am in Delaware thanks in advance!

please advise-VERY URGENT!!! HELP!!

Here is my story:
I came to US as a visitor. My husband and I got married in US, while his I-485 was pending (he applied for his 485 through employment). Because we got married before his I-485 approved and I was in US, he applied for I-485 for me to get GC as a following-to-join benefit. Due to family emergency I had to leave US and came back to my country. Now we both have interviev on August 10th! What should I do now??? Our lawyer told my husband to apply for I-824 for me. I am afraid it will take so long, months, years :eek: , who knows.....Should I stay here and wait for CP, or take a risk and try to go to US to interviev??? I have no advance parole :( . We applied for it over 1 year ago till now. Please, help, give me advise. It drives me crazy, I cannot sleep because of this situation.
Sorry for my English :D and thank you for reply.

Bringing my wife

In March 2005, I got married when I was in H1B visa status.
Then, my green card was approved on June 2005. Now, my attorney told me that I could not bring my wife through H4 Visa. Also, he asked me to contact Chennai consulate to know further process to bring my wife.

What are all the options available for me to bring my wife into US? Can any one please guide me on this?

I registered my marriage after my 485 application is approved in India? will it be a problem?

Also, when 485 is approved, i was in India. will it be a problem?

Thanks.

thanks and more questions !

srini_pvr said:
I filled my name with husband in the bracket....... It didn't raise any question in my wife's case (even though we went thru my company lawyer)........

Srini

Thanks Srini.

Srini and/or anybody else,

I got more Qs. In the Present Address column, I do not know whether to mention my hometown address, or the address where she is staying and working. They have not given separate column for permanent address and temporary address. When we give the occupation in a different city, how could I give her present address as my home town ? They do have a list of addresses where she stayed after her 16. starting from the present. If I give her present temp address – Won’t they send the packet to the temp address and I am not preferring that.

Besides, They finally say not to attempt 35 and DO NOT TO SIGN AT ALL UNTIL THE COUNSULAR OFFICER SAYS SO ...??? In that case ... when sending the application, do they mean to say that we send it without signing. I am in the process of making my wife filling the form and signing and sending it to me in the mail !! But if she does not need to sign means I can file by myself here in her name .... Can any one who has already filed the DS-230 form with similar to my situation please advise ?

Thanks.

Hey man:

Don't look too much into each and every question and confuse ur self.

Present address: Give her address in India as this is where they will send the interview appointment letter and all other details. Give ur address as the place where she will stay when she comes to US and the address when they ask about u......

She has to sign the form... Don't mess up by signing... The best procedure to send packet three is to get ur wife sign the DS-230 Part I form and send it to u... ask her not to date it, and u can put the date when u r sending it.......

Also, u do not need to fill DS-230 Part II... That is where the question of signing in front of the consular officer... this ur wife will take it during the interview..... they will ask her to fill another DS-230 Part I again during the interview and will return the old one..........

Srini

agpatti said:
In March 2005, I got married when I was in H1B visa status.
Then, my green card was approved on June 2005. Now, my attorney told me that I could not bring my wife through H4 Visa. Also, he asked me to contact Chennai consulate to know further process to bring my wife.

What are all the options available for me to bring my wife into US? Can any one please guide me on this?

I registered my marriage after my 485 application is approved in India? will it be a problem?

Also, when 485 is approved, i was in India. will it be a problem?

Thanks.

The answers to all ur questions are in the thread... Please go thru them...
briefly:
Apply 824, wait for the receipt, in the mean time collect documents (list u can find in the thread; many people have mentioned it), then send them to the chennai consulate... wait for packet 3, send in packet 3 and wait for interview date....... I donno if u can bring her on as a dependent any other way.. she can come on her own (like H-1, etc)......... EB-3 is exhausted for this fiscal year (will start again in Oct); if u r in EB-3, then it might take till the end of this year........

registration date is no big deal....... marriage date is imp....... it doesn't matter any way if u were in India during the approval.......

Srini

monkaa said:
Here is my story:
I came to US as a visitor. My husband and I got married in US, while his I-485 was pending (he applied for his 485 through employment). Because we got married before his I-485 approved and I was in US, he applied for I-485 for me to get GC as a following-to-join benefit. Due to family emergency I had to leave US and came back to my country. Now we both have interviev on August 10th! What should I do now??? Our lawyer told my husband to apply for I-824 for me. I am afraid it will take so long, months, years :eek: , who knows.....Should I stay here and wait for CP, or take a risk and try to go to US to interviev??? I have no advance parole :( . We applied for it over 1 year ago till now. Please, help, give me advise. It drives me crazy, I cannot sleep because of this situation.
Sorry for my English :D and thank you for reply.

First of all do not panic and relax, becz if u panic u would make wrong decissions.

Here what I am understanding by u, correct it if not true

1. You Got Married in US and registered ur marriage in US

2. Your husband filed his 485 as principal and ur 485 as depandant, u signed on ur petition.

3. You left U.S while u have ur 485 pending here, without getting Adv parole?

4. You are currently in ur home country (assuming mexico or other country).

5. You both received an interview call to be appeared inside U.S .?

The most important thing I am assuming that you can Enter in US somehow even u left without Adv Parole, is that correct?

If it is so do not wait one more day to re-enter , immidiately come here in U.S and apear in interview with ur husband, becz as depandant they won't bother u nor dening u if u husband case is approved (May God approve u both :D ) and you would also get approval without any issue once they apporve ur husband.

------------------
2nd route
If u can't manage to be here (Try to be here in US on interview time in any way u can come). if u can't come here than u have only one route left in choice and that is FTJ using 824 after ur husband is approved and he file.

is that answer ur concerns?

Wish u good luck

PrinceofJungle said:
First of all do not panic and relax, becz if u panic u would make wrong decissions.

Here what I am understanding by u, correct it if not true

1. You Got Married in US and registered ur marriage in US

2. Your husband filed his 485 as principal and ur 485 as depandant, u signed on ur petition.

3. You left U.S while u have ur 485 pending here, without getting Adv parole?

4. You are currently in ur home country (assuming mexico or other country).

5. You both received an interview call to be appeared inside U.S .?

The most important thing I am assuming that you can Enter in US somehow even u left without Adv Parole, is that correct?

If it is so do not wait one more day to re-enter , immidiately come here in U.S and apear in interview with ur husband, becz as depandant they won't bother u nor dening u if u husband case is approved (May God approve u both :D ) and you would also get approval without any issue once they apporve ur husband.

------------------
2nd route
If u can't manage to be here (Try to be here in US on interview time in any way u can come). if u can't come here than u have only one route left in choice and that is FTJ using 824 after ur husband is approved and he file.

is that answer ur concerns?

Wish u good luck
Hi POJ,

She left the country without Adv Parole, so she abandon her AOS. She's not eligible for I-485 benefit. I feel she has 2 options now

1. File I-485 again if she come back to US or follow FTJ process.

I donot know on what visa she can enter now bcoz she don't have adv parole.If she is maintang H-4 then she's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.