Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
File a I-824 NOW

TORO said:
Ok Guys I Have A Gc Approved Ander Eb-3 It Is Necesary I-130 To Be Approved Before I Do Anything?

Toro,

You ought to know it takes time
for the I-824 to be approved, so
quickly fill and file your application soon.

By the time your I-824 is approved, EB3 Visa Numbers
will be available in limited quantities in Oct 1, 2005.

So don't procrastinate. File a I-824 NOW.

change?

mojavetoo said:
Toro,

You ought to know it takes time
for the I-824 to be approved, so
quickly fill and file your application soon.

By the time your I-824 is approved, EB3 Visa Numbers
will be available in limited quantities in Oct 1, 2005.

So don't procrastinate. File a I-824 NOW.

I changed my Employer before my 485 got approved. Will that be a Problem if I file for I-824 ? And again do I need to send Marriage Certificate to CIS with I-824?

Job and I-824

rammyrammy said:
I changed my Employer before my 485 got approved. Will that be a Problem if I file for I-824 ? And again do I need to send Marriage Certificate to CIS with I-824?

No problem for filing I-824.

However, you need to be gainfully employed for filing
the subsequent I-134 for your dependent's Follow to Join
application. I-134 is to tell US Govt, you have a job
to support you and your dependents.

Marriage Cert is not required in I-824 application.
It is required later when your spouse is going for consular interview.

mojavetoo said:
No problem for filing I-824.

However, you need to be gainfully employed for filing
the subsequent I-134 for your dependent's Follow to Join
application. I-134 is to tell US Govt, you have a job
to support you and your dependents.

Marriage Cert is not required in I-824 application.
It is required later when your spouse is going for consular interview.

Mojaveto,
Thanks for the response. I have another Question.
Whats is the Process to Initiate COntact with the Embassy, in my case Chennai Consulate? I searched the Consulate Website but there is no information regrading F2J there. I emailed a request didnt get the response yet. Will this ruin the chances of going for any other visa?

Thanks...

rammyrammy said:
Mojaveto,
Thanks for the response. I have another Question.
Whats is the Process to Initiate COntact with the Embassy, in my case Chennai Consulate? I searched the Consulate Website but there is no information regrading F2J there. I emailed a request didnt get the response yet. Will this ruin the chances of going for any other visa?

Thanks...
Hi Rammy

You need send a letter to chennai cosulate requesting them initate FTJ benefit for your relative. You should clearly mention that you got married before your 485 is approved.

You have to send the following documents along with the letter.

1.Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551) aka Green Card or Pasport with I-551 stamp if you don't have green card yet.
2.Approval notice (I-797) of I-485 application for adjustment of status
3.Receipt or Approval notice of I-824 application (some people said it is not required for Chennai consulate)
4.Spouse passport
5.Spouse birth certificate
6.Marriage certificate
7.Your pasport

Thanks

Got case number from chennai

Hello friends,
I mailed all the required docs to chennai on 1st july 2005 and 2 days back they created a case number and gave me when i called them.They said they have mailed packet 3 to my wifes address.

Thanks,
TRSK
NJBLUE said:
Hi Rammy

You need send a letter to chennai cosulate requesting them initate FTJ benefit for your relative. You should clearly mention that you got married before your 485 is approved.

You have to send the following documents along with the letter.

1.Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551) aka Green Card or Pasport with I-551 stamp if you don't have green card yet.
2.Approval notice (I-797) of I-485 application for adjustment of status
3.Receipt or Approval notice of I-824 application (some people said it is not required for Chennai consulate)
4.Spouse passport
5.Spouse birth certificate
6.Marriage certificate
7.Your pasport

Thanks

rm101 said:
Hello friends,
I mailed all the required docs to chennai on 1st july 2005 and 2 days back they created a case number and gave me when i called them.They said they have mailed packet 3 to my wifes address.

Thanks,
TRSK
Hi RM01

What is your category (eb1/2/3)?

Could you please let us know after you receive the packet 3. They have said same thing when I have contacted them via e-mail but did not get the packet yet. It is almost over 2 weeks.

I would really appreciate if you could share your experience on this. Also what is the contact number?
Thanks id advance

Last edited by a moderator:
chennai

Hi NJBlue,

The contact number is the 91-44-2811 2000.Ask them to connect to immigration visa dept.If u are in USA ,call around 10.45 P.M EST.U will get the connection.When i called last night ,they gave me case number on phone and said they mailed package 3 2 days ago.I will let u know after my wifes gets it...You too post me if u r wifes gets that.

Did tehy tell u they mailed package 3 to ur wife???

Thanks,

D230 I & Ii

Ansi, FTJ91 or Srini_pvr or anybody !

I am in the FTJ boat - Filed for 824 in Apr 28, 2005. Got married in jan 2005 and i came here in Feb !@# - got my 485 approved in march and passport stamped on april 3rd week.

now, Though I do have the check list of what I need to send ... I got a question. Do I need to file D230I and II for me also along with my wife ? The Form says - Fill a copy of yourself and every family member.

Now, after coming to know that for chennai consulate, 824 receipt itself likely to be enough, I am planning to send all the required docs to Chennai consulate with my receipt in a week.

Please share your ideas.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
mega007 said:

I am in the FTJ boat - Filed for 824 in Apr 28, 2005. Got married in jan 2005 and i came here in Feb !@# - got my 485 approved in march and passport stamped on april 3rd week.

now, Though I do have the check list of what I need to send ... I got a question. Do I need to file D230I and II for me also along with my wife ? The Form says - Fill a copy of yourself and every family member.

Now, after coming to know that for chennai consulate, 824 receipt itself likely to be enough, I am planning to send all the required docs to Chennai consulate with my receipt in a week.

Please share your ideas.

Thanks.
NO only your wife.

Hi RM101
I sincerely appreciate your prompt reply. They told me that they will inform us when they schedule an interview. BTW what is your category (eb1/2/3)?

Thanks

Which categories are getting their case created????

NJBLUE said:
Hi RM101
I sincerely appreciate your prompt reply. They told me that they will inform us when they schedule an interview. BTW what is your category (eb1/2/3)?

Thanks

Hello RM101 and NJBLUE

Can you please tell us for which category you both are? It looks like they are creating cases but I (and most of us here) want to know which category cases are getting created. PLEASE, can you both share that info?

I am in EB3 and they replied to my repeated emails that they do not have any visa numbers available now and will schedule the interview when the numbers become available!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Hello Srini PVR

I have a question while filling up I-134. For Line 8 where the form is asking to fill dependant's information, do we need to mention wife's info also? When the actual form is for the benefit of wife, do we need to complete the dependant info as well with her details?

Can you please clarify on this and let us know what you specified while completing I-134?

Thanks,
Ansi.

Chennai

I am in EB 3 .They created a case number but not sure how and when they will schedule the interview.
RM101
ansi2004 said:
Hello RM101 and NJBLUE

Can you please tell us for which category you both are? It looks like they are creating cases but I (and most of us here) want to know which category cases are getting created. PLEASE, can you both share that info?

I am in EB3 and they replied to my repeated emails that they do not have any visa numbers available now and will schedule the interview when the numbers become available!

Thanks,
Ansi.

packet 3

Hi NJBlue,
Nice to see ur quick response.Did u call chennai consulate? Did they give u case number?.Did ur wife got packet 3?.Looks like we are in same boat.Please respond. i will let u know once my wife gets packet 3.

I am in EB3 category..

Thanks,
RM101

NJBLUE said:
Hi RM101

Thanks

mega007 said:

Please share your ideas.

Thanks.

1)I see some descrepancey in the I-824 Form<http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-824.pdf>
On Page 1 in the Instructions, They are asking to Check Box D of Part II, in the Application.
But Box D in the Application is Different its infact looks like BOX C the Correct CHeck Box. Did any one Notice this?
2) Do I ahve to get this Done through an attorney? or I can do it by myself?

Thanks every one...

Rammy.

Check the box, ignore the instructions

rammyrammy said:
1)I see some descrepancey in the I-824 Form<http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/I-824.pdf>
On Page 1 in the Instructions, They are asking to Check Box D of Part II, in the Application.
But Box D in the Application is Different its infact looks like BOX C the Correct CHeck Box. Did any one Notice this?
2) Do I ahve to get this Done through an attorney? or I can do it by myself?

Thanks every one...

Rammy.

Just check the correct box on the form.
The instructions are incorrect.
Some minimum wage slob didn't proof-read the instructions.

Yes, do your I-824 on your own...it's easy.
And besides, you have a huge immigrant/desi community here ;)

rm101 said:
Hi NJBlue,
Nice to see ur quick response.Did u call chennai consulate? Did they give u case number?.Did ur wife got packet 3?.Looks like we are in same boat.Please respond. i will let u know once my wife gets packet 3.

I am in EB3 category..

Thanks,
RM101
Hi RM101

I'm also in EB3 Category

I called them yesterday. I was directed a main board number. I have selected the option #2 for immigrant visa related info and then I have selected option #3 to find out about my case but it says the option is currently not valid or available. I have tried this around 10.45 pm EST and 12.15 am EST but no luck then I have send them e-mail. I will update you if I hear anything from them.

Please update us with your developments as well.

Much appreciated your help.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.