Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
rajinca said:
Hi POJ,

She left the country without Adv Parole, so she abandon her AOS. She's not eligible for I-485 benefit. I feel she has 2 options now

1. File I-485 again if she come back to US or follow FTJ process.

I donot know on what visa she can enter now bcoz she don't have adv parole.If she is maintang H-4 then she's fine.

Hi rajinca:),
thanks for reply. I have tourist visa (B1/B2).
I have another question- when I was in US and my 485 was pending- how long could I be there? Up to 180 days or longer? Last time I was over one year- is thist overstaying or not?

PrinceofJungle said:
First of all do not panic and relax, becz if u panic u would make wrong decissions.

Here what I am understanding by u, correct it if not true

1. You Got Married in US and registered ur marriage in US

2. Your husband filed his 485 as principal and ur 485 as depandant, u signed on ur petition.

3. You left U.S while u have ur 485 pending here, without getting Adv parole?

4. You are currently in ur home country (assuming mexico or other country).

5. You both received an interview call to be appeared inside U.S .?

The most important thing I am assuming that you can Enter in US somehow even u left without Adv Parole, is that correct?

If it is so do not wait one more day to re-enter , immidiately come here in U.S and apear in interview with ur husband, becz as depandant they won't bother u nor dening u if u husband case is approved (May God approve u both :D ) and you would also get approval without any issue once they apporve ur husband.

------------------
2nd route
If u can't manage to be here (Try to be here in US on interview time in any way u can come). if u can't come here than u have only one route left in choice and that is FTJ using 824 after ur husband is approved and he file.

is that answer ur concerns?

Wish u good luck

Hi POJ:),
everything is correct:).
Its not mexico, its poland:).

I wonder if one can be overstaying if enter us on B1/B2 wiza and 485 is pending? Thanks for your reply.

!

srini_pvr said:
I filled my name with husband in the bracket....... It didn't raise any question in my wife's case (even though we went thru my company lawyer)........

Srini

Srini Thanks. I have another Question.
This is in Part 3 of the I-824.
------------------------------
1. This is I-485.
2. Most Recent Immigration Status? Should I say H1 ?
And Naturalization Certificate? Should say None?
3. Is this Me and My Current US Address?

And Finally Do I have to send a Copy of 485 Application? or Approval Notice?

Also, How long is it taking any one for getting I824 approved?

Thanks in Advance..
Rammy

Last edited by a moderator:
how to tell them?

sonya-sun said:
Thank you so much!
On June1,2005, I sent letters to USCIS and GZ again tell them my situation. Guangzhou finally set up a case for my son. They said they are going to send the instruction packet to my son this week.
Good luck, my friend.

My friend, how to tell USCIS and GZ? What kind of file did you sent to them to make them set up your son's case? Can you share that with us? I had similar situation, Guangzhou consulate always said they didn't get information from USCIS, but USCIS said they already sent information out by calble, telephone or fax. Thank you very much.

monkaa said:
I have tourist visa (B1/B2).
I have another question- when I was in US and my 485 was pending- how long could I be there? Up to 180 days or longer? Last time I was over one year- is thist overstaying or not?

When a person enters in US based on Vist visa usually they stamp 6 months for max visit period, however u may have upto 1yrs -5yrs multiple entry visit visa, but u are only authorized to saty there within the period stamped on I-194.

While u were here you married its mean you also have Pending AOS status. You left without parole that practice they don't like not sure what law says but I believe it has impact on ur GC pending. consulat to attorney.

Or if u can re-enter that would solve the issue. but remember DO NOT LIE neither on Port of entry neither in interview. or they are authorized to put BAR upto 3 yrs on you to enter in US. that would be very painful situation if u lie to them and they react .

Good Luck

srini_pvr said:
The answers to all ur questions are in the thread... Please go thru them...
briefly:
Apply 824, wait for the receipt, in the mean time collect documents (list u can find in the thread; many people have mentioned it), then send them to the chennai consulate... wait for packet 3, send in packet 3 and wait for interview date....... I donno if u can bring her on as a dependent any other way.. she can come on her own (like H-1, etc)......... EB-3 is exhausted for this fiscal year (will start again in Oct); if u r in EB-3, then it might take till the end of this year........

registration date is no big deal....... marriage date is imp....... it doesn't matter any way if u were in India during the approval.......

Srini

Thank you very much Srini. My attorney mentioned that consulate might give problem because your marriage registration date is after the 485 approval date.

While trying through I824, can she apply for student visa(F1) in parallel?
If so, Does she have any problem in getting a visa because her husband is a green card holder.

Since she has completed BDS(Dental), do you think H1 is feasible?

regd 824

NJBLUE said:
Hi Rammy

You need send a letter to chennai cosulate requesting them initate FTJ benefit for your relative. You should clearly mention that you got married before your 485 is approved.

You have to send the following documents along with the letter.

1.Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551) aka Green Card or Pasport with I-551 stamp if you don't have green card yet.
2.Approval notice (I-797) of I-485 application for adjustment of status
3.Receipt or Approval notice of I-824 application (some people said it is not required for Chennai consulate)
4.Spouse passport
5.Spouse birth certificate
6.Marriage certificate
7.Your pasport

Thanks

Hi I have another Question regarding I824.

Do I have to send a Copy of 485 Application? or Approval Notice of 485?
Do I have to send a Letter with the I 824 Application? if so do you have a template regarding what kind of information I shud add to letter?

Thanks.

follow to join

hello, im new to the forum and am glad to see posts that could help me solve some of my problems in processing my I-824.
Im awaiting for my packet 4 actually in FTJ, but my prob relies on the interview process . My husband who is an LPR petitioned me for FTJ, likewise i have also pending application for sche.A for RN my papers now are at the NVC still waiting for the DS 230. Now, i would like to back out in my pending sched. A and just cont. with my husbands petition. what would you suggest, need to back out asap or wait until i will pass the interview for FTJ? would it create prob. during the interv,? please help

ftj approved June 15, 2005
fax docs to manila embassy July 7, 2005
case created JUly 12, 2005
mailed to manila july 20, 2005
when can i recv my packet 4?
thanks

Marriage Registration Date: Consulate(s) are more interested in Marriage date (not registration date). I had same scenario and this issue never came during interview.

F1: She can apply for F1 but in given scenario its hard to speculate on result. Normally consulate don't approve non-immigrant visa (other than H/L) if they see possibility of permanent migration to US.

H1: Sure.

agpatti said:
Thank you very much Srini. My attorney mentioned that consulate might give problem because your marriage registration date is after the 485 approval date.

While trying through I824, can she apply for student visa(F1) in parallel?
If so, Does she have any problem in getting a visa because her husband is a green card holder.

Since she has completed BDS(Dental), do you think H1 is feasible?

As per instruction on form, you have to send I-485 petition (copy). But I sent both when I applied for I-824.

Also, it's a good idea to include a letter along with form. I will post a sample/format once I am back at home.

rammyrammy said:

Do I have to send a Letter with the I 824 Application? if so do you have a template regarding what kind of information I shud add to letter?

Thanks.

usnycus said:
As per instruction on form, you have to send I-485 petition (copy). But I sent both when I applied for I-824.

Also, it's a good idea to include a letter along with form. I will post a sample/format once I am back at home.

usnycus,
Does that mean everything in 485 Application? My 485 Application has some 60 Pages, copies of almost every possible paper :)....
Or Can I just send the First Two pages of the I 485 Application.

I am all set and Just waiting for some template for the letter , to mail the I-824.
Looks like all the Guys in the forum are pretty Busy Last two days..

Thanks in Advance..
Rammy.

I would suggest you to finish ur FTJ case (through husband) and after approval withdraw RN case.

Knighthorse1 said:
hello, im new to the forum and am glad to see posts that could help me solve some of my problems in processing my I-824.
Im awaiting for my packet 4 actually in FTJ, but my prob relies on the interview process . My husband who is an LPR petitioned me for FTJ, likewise i have also pending application for sche.A for RN my papers now are at the NVC still waiting for the DS 230. Now, i would like to back out in my pending sched. A and just cont. with my husbands petition. what would you suggest, need to back out asap or wait until i will pass the interview for FTJ? would it create prob. during the interv,? please help

ftj approved June 15, 2005
fax docs to manila embassy July 7, 2005
case created JUly 12, 2005
mailed to manila july 20, 2005
when can i recv my packet 4?
thanks

no title

" (...) We've got to hold on to what we've got
'Cause it doesn't make a difference if we make it or not.
We've got each other and that's a lot for love -
We'll give it a shot.

We're half way there - Livin' on a prayer

Take my hand and we'll make it I swear - livin' on a prayer (...)"

FTJ - Medical Check up/ds-230 fees

Hi usnycus or anybody,

Could you please tell me the procedure for medical check up for the FTJ Process ? (like - list of doctors in India ?/What are the required check ups) Rgding the police clearance, I guess getting the clearance certificate from the local police is enuf or we need one from my wife's native also where she lived from birth to until marriage ?

Also, Where in the DOS website, the fees for DS-230 is mentioned about ?

Thanks

follow to join

Thanks for replying. one last thing, would it not create a probrem during the interview since when my husband left US he was on a tourist visa, adjusted his status when he passed the NCLEX RN exam, im afraid ifthe consul would ask me what type of visa did your husband procure when he went to USA . what would be the possible answer? since he is the main petitioner.
is there chances of denial on FTJ? my category also is E3 it says on aug. bulletin -unavailable but when i think of it, FTJ you will have the same priority date as of the husband. if the husband is approved the spouse should also be approved. right? please help/

follow to join

hello again, when i check the web regarding my wac number it says validation error. what seems to be the problem? but i was already approved with my I-824

id like to ask when will the possible date of the interview and medical exam for I-824 or follow to join in Manila embassy. anyone in this forum who have undergone FTJ in Manila Embassy interview and medical exam?

reciept date of I-824 may 23, 2005
priority date: jan 17, 2003
notice date: June 15, 2005 E3 6
FAxed docs to manila embassy Jul7, 2005
created a case number: MNLxxxxxx July 12, 2005
mailed to manila embassy the DS 230 and DS 2001- im still waiting for the mail this week
what comprises the medical exams?

mega007 said:
Hi usnycus or anybody,

Could you please tell me the procedure for medical check up for the FTJ Process ? (like - list of doctors in India ?/What are the required check ups) Rgding the police clearance, I guess getting the clearance certificate from the local police is enuf or we need one from my wife's native also where she lived from birth to until marriage ?

Also, Where in the DOS website, the fees for DS-230 is mentioned about ?

Thanks

1)Medical Checkups
The Consulate has a list of approved doctors. usually that info is available on the consulate website. if not call them they will tell you.
<http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv.html> This is the Chennai Consulate Immigrants web Page. I am not sure which Consulate you want.
Those doctors know the procedure.
2)DS-230
<http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhivdocument.html> This has links to all the needed Documentation for Chennai.
Again you can find similar info for the Consulate you are interested.
2)You can find the Guidelines for Police Certificates in this page too.

FTJ Covering Letter

To
American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006, India

RE: Request to initiate Following-To-Join case for spouse,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am sending you this request to initiate Following-to-join case for spouse. My I485 (Employment Category) has been approved on 10th February 2005 and my status was recently adjusted as 'Permanent Resident' on 10 th March, 2005. I would like to apply for the Follow-To-Join benefit for my spouse, since we were married prior to my permanent residency on 10 th January 2005. I am enclosing the certified copies of I-551 in the Passport and the Green Card.

My spouse information is as following:
First Name:
Last Name:
Maiden Name:
Local Address in India
++++++++
+++++++++
Here is the list of certified copies enclosed.

1. 485 Approval Notice
2. Green Card
3. Birth Certificate (Myself and Spouse)
4. Marriage Certificate
5. W2 forms and 1040, of 2002,2003 and 2004.
6. Passport copy (Myself and Spouse)
7. I-551 Stamping in the Passport.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact with me on
xxx-xxx-xxxx(m), or mail me at abc@yahoo.com.

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,

(Name & Signature)
Date:

rammyrammy said:

Thanks.

FTJ05,
Thanks. But, isnt this the letter to the Consulate?
I was originally asking for the Cover letter to File I-824.
Thanks anyways... I need this at a letr time:)

Rammy.

FTJ05 said:
To
American Consulate General
Immigrant Visa Unit
220, Anna Salai
Chennai 600 006, India

RE: Request to initiate Following-To-Join case for spouse,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am sending you this request to initiate Following-to-join case for spouse. My I485 (Employment Category) has been approved on 10th February 2005 and my status was recently adjusted as 'Permanent Resident' on 10 th March, 2005. I would like to apply for the Follow-To-Join benefit for my spouse, since we were married prior to my permanent residency on 10 th January 2005. I am enclosing the certified copies of I-551 in the Passport and the Green Card.

My spouse information is as following:
First Name:
Last Name:
Maiden Name:
Local Address in India
++++++++
+++++++++
Here is the list of certified copies enclosed.

1. 485 Approval Notice
2. Green Card
3. Birth Certificate (Myself and Spouse)
4. Marriage Certificate
5. W2 forms and 1040, of 2002,2003 and 2004.
6. Passport copy (Myself and Spouse)
7. I-551 Stamping in the Passport.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact with me on
xxx-xxx-xxxx(m), or mail me at abc@yahoo.com.

Thanking you,
Yours sincerely,

(Name & Signature)
Date:

Just send them copy of petition (forms).

I will post I-824 cover letter in a day or so...

rammyrammy said:
usnycus,
Does that mean everything in 485 Application? My 485 Application has some 60 Pages, copies of almost every possible paper :)....
Or Can I just send the First Two pages of the I 485 Application.

I am all set and Just waiting for some template for the letter , to mail the I-824.
Looks like all the Guys in the forum are pretty Busy Last two days..

Thanks in Advance..
Rammy.

Status
Not open for further replies.