Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
srini_pvr said:
Experts/Gurus:

My wife recently got her green card after a successful FTJ process. She answered yes to the question about whether she needed a SSN on the DS-230. How long does it take to get her card ? Do I need any followup on it or do I need to go to the nearby SSN office and check on it ??

Regards
Srini

Hi Srini...

My wife got her SS card within 10 days after her arrival. I don't remember exactly how many days it took.

We never went to SS office.

ftj91 said:
I was going to ask the same question. I remember reading a previous post by someone saying they got the social security card within a week. I might try to find out from the SSN office. Also, did your wife receive her green card? How long did it take after you entered the US?

For my wife, it took a month to get her card.

SS card and welcome letter (from USCIS) came within 10 days after her arrival.

ansi2004 said:
Congrats!

Can you please tell me How much fees did you pay... in how many different DDs?

Also, what all documents did you take along with the packet 4? I-134 or I-864? and what else?

Please let us know!

Thanks,
Ansi.

Here is the list ...
- DS-230 Part-1 & II
- Affidavit of Support
- Copy of Alien Resident Card (Green Card)
- Copy of I-485 (Form I-797) Approval from USCIS
- Notarized copy of Passport (your) with I-551 stamp
- Passport
- Spouse Birth Certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Employment Letter
- Tax Transcript from IRS OR 1040
- W2 forms
- Pay-stubs
- Bank Statements
- Medical
- Photograph
- Police Clearance
- Fees (DD, check DOS website for latest fees)
- Cash for TT service. (i think it's Rs. 440)

Hi, ASDFGHJKL123

I'm in a similiar situation. I want to bring my wife to the US via FTJ too. I heard I824 takes a long time and I'm worried about it. If you don't mind, could you share your timeline with me? which processing center are you dealing with? Did you file I824 before or after I485 approval? Thanks in advance and add oil.

usnycus said:
Here is the list ...
- DS-230 Part-1 & II
- Affidavit of Support
- Copy of Alien Resident Card (Green Card)
- Copy of I-485 (Form I-797) Approval from USCIS
- Notarized copy of Passport (your) with I-551 stamp
- Passport
- Spouse Birth Certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Employment Letter
- Tax Transcript from IRS OR 1040
- W2 forms
- Pay-stubs
- Bank Statements
- Medical
- Photograph
- Police Clearance
- Fees (DD, check DOS website for latest fees)
- Cash for TT service. (i think it's Rs. 440)

Thanks USNYCUS. I am filing with chennai consulate. Do you know if they need I-134 or I-864 for Affidavit of Support for FTJ cases? Which one did you file?

Thanks,
Ansi.

ansi2004 said:
Thanks USNYCUS. I am filing with chennai consulate. Do you know if they need I-134 or I-864 for Affidavit of Support for FTJ cases? Which one did you file?

Thanks,
Ansi.

We used I-134.

Check with your consulate...we have seen discrepancy in methods of working, depending upon consulate you dealing with.

blazer43201 said:
Hi, ASDFGHJKL123

I'm in a similiar situation. I want to bring my wife to the US via FTJ too. I heard I824 takes a long time and I'm worried about it. If you don't mind, could you share your timeline with me? which processing center are you dealing with? Did you file I824 before or after I485 approval? Thanks in advance and add oil.

There are consulates (like N. Delhi) in India where you are not required to submit I-824. Check with consulate in your jurisdiction before you apply for I-824. I-824 takes 4-6 months and unnecessary delays the process.

After I-485 approval I applied I-824 (VSC) in the first week of November, 2004 and it was approved in the month of March, 2005. I submitted papers in the N Delhi consulate without I-824 and they approved the FTJ case, sometime second week of March, 2005. Spouse was here before I got I-824 approval letter from USCIS.

Ssn

Unsyncus:
Thank you for your reply. My wife recieved her card but no SSN. I went to the SSN y'day to check it and the lady took her green card, checked for SSN and told us nothing has been done. She asked us to apply for one, so we did.
FTJ91:
I got a welcome letter 2 weeks after our entry to US and card after 3 weeks. No, SSN (please read above)
Ansi2004:
I submitted I-134 and not I-864. If they ask for I-864, my lawyer asked me to mention that u r applying for EB-based category; the packet 4 clearly says for EB-category, they need I-134. We paid three DDs; one for $ 335 and another for $ 40 and Rs. 350 for courier.
Regarding the email received from the consulate; it is a generic mail they send. I received similar one too which has no correlation to ur case creation. I-824 approval as far as chennai is concerned is useless. The lady over there always says she hasn't received any thing from USCIS and please wait till we receive it. Their docs are more important. Be patient man; I know its frustrating but it pays off. Evry body on this site has gone thru this and will tell u things will be fine once evry things done..... good luck

Srini

I-824

blazer43201 said:
Hi, ASDFGHJKL123

my I-824 was submitted to Texas Service Center on June 06 after my I-485 approval, I got approval on June 22. Good luck.

I-824

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
I got email back. It said ,this office has not received my wife's case from the USCIS. They will continue processing her case after receiving the petition from the USCIS. They didnot answer me what kinds of document need to be sent them for follow to join case. How can I do now? That is frustration. Thanks.
I got my GC in 12/2003,then submitted I-824 in 3/2004 for my son, my I-824 approved on 10/05/04. I Email GZ many times for set up a case for my son. They said did not get any notice from USCIS. I asked USCIS notice GZ. USCIS wrote me back already re-noticed GZ again, but GZ still didn't get any notice from USCIS about my case. I contacted NVC. They said they don't process I-824. I don't what is going on. It is so frustration. my friends, do you have any advice for me?

Lost Cables...

sonya-sun said:
I got my GC in 12/2003,then submitted I-824 in 3/2004 for my son, my I-824 approved on 10/05/04. I Email GZ many times for set up a case for my son. They said did not get any notice from USCIS. I asked USCIS notice GZ. USCIS wrote me back already re-noticed GZ again, but GZ still didn't get any notice from USCIS about my case. I contacted NVC. They said they don't process I-824. I don't what is going on. It is so frustration. my friends, do you have any advice for me?

I think you should get in touch with Susan Ward.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=80&pp=15

She had a problem with the US Consulate London
losing her I-824 Cable notification which was sent from
the Texas Service Center USCIS.

Another thing, I would advise you to contact USCIS
Customer Service to re-send your I-485 approval
details to Guangzhou via fax because it is safer.
And ask them to send you a copy of the fax as
proof of them sending it to Guangzhou.

Normally, USCIS sends a cable telegram to Guangzhou
subsequent to the approval of your I-824. But being such a
poorly run Consulate, I suspect telegrams are often
misplaced.

Last resort is to talk/write to Stephen Fischel who is
the Director of OFFICE OF LEGISLATION,
REGULATIONS AND ADVISORY ASSISTANCE
in the Dept of State. He oversees the application of
procedures in US Consulates across the world.
Ask him to push the Guangzhou Foreign Service
officer to use a VISAS Badger to obtain your
information since your I-824 cable was misplaced
by VSC and/or Guangzhou. Here's his address:

Director: Stephen K. Fischel
OFFICE OF LEGISLATION, REGULATIONS AND ADVISORY ASSISTANCE

Room=L603E Office=CA/VO/L Location:SA-1
2401 E Street NW, SA-1,
Room L603E
Washington, DC 20522-0103
Fax: (202) 663-3898
Phone: (202) 663-1184

Good luck and tell us what happened.

sonya-sun said:

I am trying to send support documents to Guangzhou Consulate, see what happen.

Attorney-certified

mojavetoo said:
Attorney-certified means your lawyer will sign and authenticate
the copy you are submitting to Guangzhou is a true copy.
He should not charge you extra fees merely to sign documents.
If he does, then you shouldn't pay more than US$10 per document.
Otherwise, just go to a Public Notary. They are listed in the Yellow Pages.
I think $1000 is alright.

All documents that are being submitted to Guangzhou needs to be
attorney-certified or notarized. That's the rule. So your Marriage cert
must be from the Gong Zheng and formatted specially for the US Consulate.
All Gong Zheng offices in China know about this.

You and your wife need to make copies of all forms/documents
sent to the consulate. This is ensure that you have a record of
what was sent.

All the best ;)

may lawyer just wrote one letter which said all copy are complete true copy, then sign that letter, put his lawyer licence number there. Is that called Attorney-certified? He didn't sign every page. He said he did that before. Thanks.

mojavetoo said:
I think you should get in touch with Susan Ward.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=80&pp=15

She had a problem with the US Consulate London
losing her I-824 Cable notification which was sent from
the Texas Service Center USCIS.

Another thing, I would advise you to contact USCIS
Customer Service to re-send your I-485 approval
details to Guangzhou via fax because it is safer.
And ask them to send you a copy of the fax as
proof of them sending it to Guangzhou.

Normally, USCIS sends a cable telegram to Guangzhou
subsequent to the approval of your I-824. But being such a
poorly run Consulate, I suspect telegrams are often
misplaced.

Last resort is to talk/write to Stephen Fischel who is
the Director of OFFICE OF LEGISLATION,
REGULATIONS AND ADVISORY ASSISTANCE
in the Dept of State. He oversees the application of
procedures in US Consulates across the world.
Ask him to push the Guangzhou Foreign Service
officer to use a VISAS Badger to obtain your
information since your I-824 cable was misplaced
by VSC and/or Guangzhou. Here's his address:

Director: Stephen K. Fischel
OFFICE OF LEGISLATION, REGULATIONS AND ADVISORY ASSISTANCE

Room=L603E Office=CA/VO/L Location:SA-1
2401 E Street NW, SA-1,
Room L603E
Washington, DC 20522-0103
Fax: (202) 663-3898
Phone: (202) 663-1184

Good luck and tell us what happened.

After you sent all support documents to Guangzhou Consulate, did they set up case for your wife?

Guangzhou

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
I am trying to send support documents to Guangzhou Consulate, see what happen.

Yes, I'm interested to hear more from your
case. Keep us posted. :)

My certified documents (marriage cert
birth cert, etc) were returned
from China. The Guangzhou folks
added a pre-printed letter saying
they cannot do anything without
official notification from USCIS i.e they
won't do anything until the I-824 cable
is sent to them.

My I-824 is almost ready for approval.
So in a month, I might have some news.

Wish everybody the best. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Attorney Certified

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
may lawyer just wrote one letter which said all copy are complete true copy, then sign that letter, put his lawyer licence number there. Is that called Attorney-certified? He didn't sign every page. He said he did that before. Thanks.

My lawyer put a stamp on each document
and signed on the document. The stamp
says, "This document is a true and accurate copy of
the original." And on the stamp is his law firm
and address.

I think your lawyer's way of certifying the documents
should be fine. Ultimately, the GUZ staff prefers
to have a cable from USCIS. And they will just use
the documents you submitted as supporting paperwork for your file.

On Ftj I- 130

Ok Guys I Have A Gc Approved Ander Eb-3 It Is Necesary I-130 To Be Approved Before I Do Anything?

TORO said:
Ok Guys I Have A Gc Approved Ander Eb-3 It Is Necesary I-130 To Be Approved Before I Do Anything?

you donot need file I-130 for FTJ case. You need file I-824 to USCIS, which notify consulate to do other thing. But EB3 number is not available, maybe you need to wait more time,also you can start to file I-824 .

ASDFGHJKL123 said:
you donot need file I-130 for FTJ case. You need file I-824 to USCIS, which notify consulate to do other thing. But EB3 number is not available, maybe you need to wait more time,also you can start to file I-824 .
Toro
You can file I-824 and process FTJ from Oct 1 depending on your consulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.