Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
suresh_komar

If your spouse is already here on H1 and marriage happened before GC approval, you don't need to go through FTJ.

File her I-485 with option b in section 2 of I-485 form. You will be required to submit copy of your green card (if available), copy of your passport, spouse passport, marriage certificate, spouse DOB certificate, affidavit of support, medical etc.

Don't file I-824.

Regarding attorney, it's upto you.

Address

FTJGreenCard,
I received the packet 3 in India.
When you are sending intial docs attach a cover letter requesting for packet 3 and also mention your address(India) and email ids.

misstryguy said:
Hello Guys,
I have received the Packet 3 with 10 check list. They had asked to prepare the docs.
Does anybody know what all the docs we have to send them back.
I know we have to send these
-The checklist form(with signature)
-ds 230 part I
-Readiness form ds2001
Is there any thing else.
Also what is ds -2000 form and public charge evidence. where it is.

You do not need to send any documents. As a matter of fact they mention it very clearly on the DS-2001/DS-2002 form. As soon as my wife received her packet 3, she applied for PCC from local police commissioner's office and regional passport office. After obtaining the PCC, she mailed DS-230 part I, check list (which said DS-2001/DS-2002) in the bottom with all the boxes checked that apply to her and readiness form DS-2001 filled and signed. You do not need to wait for the PCC if you are confident that you will be able to get it in the time frame before your interview (which looks very much possible). I enclosed a covering letter and posted all the docs on November 8th (which must have reached the consulate on 9th). They mentioned that they would like the forms in before the 10th of the month so that you can get interview next month. Doesn't seem to be as my wife didn't get a december date. Possibly January..

Regards
Srini

FTJ : J1 Waiver Case

Friends... SOme guidance will help me
I got my Employment based GC in 2000 CP - Mumbai. My wife was added in 140 but she took J1 visa for residency hence could not appear for GC interview. Consulate sent her packet 3 under FTJ. We have been sending them letter every year to keep the file active till she finishes her J1 waiver (2005).

What do we do know.
How do we reactivate her immigration file. ho long do they wait till they dumb the file.

usnycus said:
suresh_komar

If your spouse is already here on H1 and marriage happened before GC approval, you don't need to go through FTJ.

File her I-485 with option b in section 2 of I-485 form. You will be required to submit copy of your green card (if available), copy of your passport, spouse passport, marriage certificate, spouse DOB certificate, affidavit of support, medical etc.

Don't file I-824.

Regarding attorney, it's upto you.

==================
Thanks a ton for your help in this matter.

I read somewhere that in this situation i.e marriage taking place before primary gets GC, the I485 needs to be applied within 6 month of either marriage/ GC approval / Spouse coming to US (not sure which one it is). Is this true? As for me I am past these time frame of 6 months in all these option. Do I still have the option of applying I485 for my spouse?
Thanks Again..
Suresh
=============

I am not aware of such rule. Kindly post your source.

As far as I know six month rule is for immigrant visa processed at consulate/embassy. Beneficiary needs to enter US within six month of immigrant visa approval by consulate/embassy.

suresh_komar said:
==================
Thanks a ton for your help in this matter.

I read somewhere that in this situation i.e marriage taking place before primary gets GC, the I485 needs to be applied within 6 month of either marriage/ GC approval / Spouse coming to US (not sure which one it is). Is this true? As for me I am past these time frame of 6 months in all these option. Do I still have the option of applying I485 for my spouse?
Thanks Again..
Suresh
=============

query plz help

hi!! my husband had filed for following to join visa for me in march2004. he had received approval notice and packet 3 too. i went to the mumbai consulate enquired about my case he gave the forms and everthing of packet3 . i filled up form DS230 part-1and the checklist signed with out the documents asked in the check list(pcc,copy of passport etc..) and submitted to him immidiatly as instructed by the person in the enquiry counter. i realised only after comming back that i am suppose to submit the documents too with check list ( as instructed on it). my query is
would that create any problem in my visa process??? how do i rectify my mistake?? what douments am i suppose to submit??? could you please help me out..... i am too tensed up......
bye

krishnayash said:
hi!! my husband had filed for following to join visa for me in march2004. he had received approval notice and packet 3 too. i went to the mumbai consulate enquired about my case he gave the forms and everthing of packet3 . i filled up form DS230 part-1and the checklist signed with out the documents asked in the check list(pcc,copy of passport etc..) and submitted to him immidiatly as instructed by the person in the enquiry counter. i realised only after comming back that i am suppose to submit the documents too with check list ( as instructed on it). my query is
would that create any problem in my visa process??? how do i rectify my mistake?? what douments am i suppose to submit??? could you please help me out..... i am too tensed up......
bye

As far as I remember for my wife's case (chennai), they asked to send the check list. Not the documents. They are asking if you are ready for the interview. You need to provide these at your interview (copies and need to show originals)

consular processing for I-130 @ chennai

Hi,

I applied I-130 for my wife @ New Delhi Consulate on 27th Sept. 2004. I am US citizen. She got her packet 3 on 27th Oct. 2004. Immediately after filing the papers she mailed on 28th Oct. 2004. I was wondering when can my wife expect the interview. I check the list for December on chennai consulate she is not scheduled for December. I emailed to Chennai Consulate they told me it would be January sometime. So I was wondering if anyone knows how much time it takes to complete the whole procedure.

Thanks,

Ani

Ftj For Eb3

I was approved on march this year and received my gc 051704, what is the steps to follow to bring my wife to USA? how long it takes? any answer wil be apreciate thanks.

Check with the US consulate/embassy having jurisdiction over place of your spouse residence. You can also send a letter along with following documents to consulate requesting them to open case for your spouse.

1. DS-230 Part-1 & II
2. Affidavit of Support (Form I-134)
3. Copy of I-824 Receipt Notice (Note: Many have done without this)
4. Copy of Green Card
5. Notarized Copy of Passport with I-551 stamp
6. Copy of Marriage certificate
7. Copy of Spouse Passport
8. Copy of Spouse Birth Certificate
9. Current Employment Letter
10. Copy of Bank Statements
11. Copy of Tax Transcript
12. Copy of W2
13. Copy Pay-stubs

They will schedule an interview and make decision based on that. Also, spouse needs to get police verification and medical done. I heard it takes approximately six months to finish the process.

Also Check following link:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm#Following
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhconsuiva.html

Good Luck.

How long after I-824 approval

I am exploring the possibility of bringing my spouse back in India through follow to join. My green card in not yet approved and I am currently working on EAD. I am going to file I-824 for my spouse within the next few days.

I want to know how long will it take for my spouse to receive an interview date in chennai consulate after I-824 is approved. Please let me know.

Thanks
Matador2000

usnycus thankyou for your reply!

usnycus said:
Check with the US consulate/embassy having jurisdiction over place of your spouse residence. You can also send a letter along with following documents to consulate requesting them to open case for your spouse.

1. DS-230 Part-1 & II
2. Affidavit of Support (Form I-134)
3. Copy of I-824 Receipt Notice (Note: Many have done without this)
4. Copy of Green Card
5. Notarized Copy of Passport with I-551 stamp
6. Copy of Marriage certificate
7. Copy of Spouse Passport
8. Copy of Spouse Birth Certificate
9. Current Employment Letter
10. Copy of Bank Statements
11. Copy of Tax Transcript
12. Copy of W2
13. Copy Pay-stubs

They will schedule an interview and make decision based on that. Also, spouse needs to get police verification and medical done. I heard it takes approximately six months to finish the process.

Also Check following link:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm#Following
http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/wwwhconsuiva.html

Good Luck.

Thanks Toro

Thanks for the post. Can you explain how some have been able to request consulate to open a case without I-824 approval. How is it possible and why only some are able to do it.

Thanks
Matador

hi!! i have received my packet 3last week and i submitted Ds230-1 do i have to submit anything else?? what is the process after this and how long would it take for getting my interview date? and what's form I-864, ds 2000/2001??could anyone help me out plzzzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.