Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security Clearance (I-6?)/ Finger-Printing Timeline in NYC??

I have an AOS application pending in NYC.

I went for finger-printing twice once on April 14 2004 and again on July 14 2004.

My Interview date was August 11 2004 and after the Interview the lady said that the Security clearance hasnt come through and i would have to wait for the same.

How long does it take for the above in NYC (Its been atleast 5 months) and is there anyway to check the status?

Thanks.

Spouse to join

I have a friend who recently got married. He has no valid visa but he has a pending I-485 which is due for approval in the next 6 moths through his work.
He would like to add her on his I-485 and bring her to the US. The lawyer said that he cannot apply for another I-485 for her since she is not in the US. Is this true? He does not know how to go about this. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Lawyer is right.

One needs to be here in US to apply for I-485. He can try FTJ route for spouse.

aasalame said:
I have a friend who recently got married. He has no valid visa but he has a pending I-485 which is due for approval in the next 6 moths through his work.
He would like to add her on his I-485 and bring her to the US. The lawyer said that he cannot apply for another I-485 for her since she is not in the US. Is this true? He does not know how to go about this. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

karl_453 said:
I was wondering if the 'Follow To Join' process would be affected by the retrogression of PD dates.

Check following:

=========================================================
Following-to-Join Benefits for Spouses
Please note: This section is only applicable to lawful permanent residents who did not gain their LPR status as an immediate relative (parent, spouse, or unmarried child under 21 years of age) of a U.S. citizen.
If you were married before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your spouse did not physically accompany you to the U.S., your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your spouse, and your spouse will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you may simply notify a U.S. Consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your spouse can apply for an immigrant visa. Your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits if your relationship still exists and if one of the following is applicable:
-- You received a diversity immigrant visa
-- You received an employment-based immigrant visa
-- You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen sibling
-- You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen parent when you were already married

source: http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm#Following
===================================================

Spouse visa approved @ Mumbai consulate!

My spouse visa was appproved at Mumbai consulate today on Friday 17th December. Went there around 8.15AM for 8.15AM interview and was out by 10.30AM. They asked some general questions.

Here is our case Info:
Wedding Date: 06/11/2004
485 Approval Date: 07/06/2004
I-824 Receipt Date:07/23/2004
Documents mailed to mumbai on 08/04/2004
Consulate assigned case number on 08/11/2004
Consulate requested DS230 Form1 again and we mailed the documents to consulate on 08/31/2004
Interview date: 10/04/2004
We sent a letter to the consulate on 10/02/2004 to reschedule the Interview and they scheduled it in December.
Interview date: 12/17/2004

Thank you for all your help. We came to know from this forum only that we don't have to wait for I-824 approval.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview

Hello guys,
My wife has received the interview letter for January with packet 4. They had asked to bring a list of docs for the interview and one of them is I-864. I thought we are supposed to produce I-134 for affidative of support.
Can anybody who had gone for interview clarify which one is correct.

Thanks

Flying via London after successful FTJ

Guys,
My wife's Immigrant visa was approved today at the New Delhi consulate. I would like to thank all of you who have shared invaluable information in this forum.
My wife had a 15 minute interview and was asked all standard questions as discussed before in the forum.She did'nt even have to show marriage photographs or my bank statements/1040/W2.
The interviewer also complimented on the methodical paperwork that was being submitted . I guess I owe all the paperwork to this forum and I can't thank you enough.
I had a question about my wife's flying into US.
My wife is scheduled to fly on Air India on the 12th to JFK and she has to fly via London.
Q1) Do you guys think that she can fly without a Transit visa via London because she has an Alien number assigned to her owing to a successful completion of her FTJ interview?
I'm not sure if the passport is stamped for an immigrant visa when you recieve it from the consulate after the interview.
Q)Can she travel with the passport and papers given by the embassy after an immigrant visa has been granted to her?

The answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you...

I-824

Can anybody help me with some info?..My husband had filled I-130 for me on September 2001 when he was still a permanent residentIn may 2004, he became a us citizen..On September 2,2004 my I-130 has been approved by INS and than he filled up I-824 with the date of receival Sept. 17,2004...no answer at all from INS..different people on NCService gives him different answers....Nebrasca is processing June 22,2004(info posted Dec.17,2004)..do you know how often they change processing dates?!Since May, 2004 Iam in my native country waiting for my papers to be done, I am loosing my patience waiting....What those immigrant numbers in Visa Bulletin means?!I am in 2A preference...I also filled for K-3 that is I129F visa in Sept. 2004.At INS told us that we can forget about I129f visa since my I 130 has been approved so I do not have right to get I129f visa to be with my husband who I have3nt seen since august 2004?!?!?!Please help me with any advice......THX

Hey congrats on ur wife's successful inteview completion.No..I dont think ur wife requires a transit visa to fly via london.My wife didnt obtain any transit visa while flying back to US after FTJ approval.
Her passport and the papers she get back from consulate r good enough to travel.My wife didnt have any stamping in the passport.The visa paper will be pinned to the sealed papers that she gets back from the consulate.That itself is the visa.

Question--lawful PR married to F1/H1

Hi,

If a green card holder gets married to an F1 or an H1 visa holder in
the US, what is the procedure for the spouse to get a green card
and a work permit.

If this is not the right forum, could you please direct me to the right forum?

thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
goodlawyer said:
Hi,

If a green card holder gets married to an F1 or an H1 visa holder in
the US, what is the procedure for the spouse to get a green card
and a work permit.

If this is not the right forum, could you please direct me to the right forum?

thanks!!

You need to file I-130 for spouse and wait for visa number to file I-485. Only after/with I-485, one can apply for EAD/AP.

Check following link:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2007.html

Status
Not open for further replies.