Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
usnnycus,
I have spoken and exchanged emails with Chennai consulate a whole bunch of times and they are consistent in their stand => " YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILE I-824" for f2j process.

If I get my packet3 in the next week or so, then I really do not think 824 needs to be filed.

Thanks for the info.

I am going to send all the required papers to New Delhi consulate without waiting for I-824 receipt. Let's see their response.

son24 said:
usnnycus,
I have spoken and exchanged emails with Chennai consulate a whole bunch of times and they are consistent in their stand => " YOU DO NOT NEED TO FILE I-824" for f2j process.

If I get my packet3 in the next week or so, then I really do not think 824 needs to be filed.

Thanks sachinphadke

For making this thread "Sticky"

usnycus said:
Sending request to moderator to mark this thread as "sticky" thread so that it won't page out from the first page.

kewlmarc

Which e-mail address are you using to interact with New Delhi Counsulate?

I tried "IVND@state.gov" and got automated response back.

I also tried by putting "Request for Specific Information" in the subject, same response.

usnnycus,
Just to clarify, I meant the consulate said that you do NOT even require to file I-824. So if 824 is not filed, there is no question of receipt.

But again, we will know for sure only if I get the packet 3 in the next week or so.

Actually I already applied for I-824.

Anyway, I am not going to wait for I-824 receipt to send papers (to consulate).

son24 said:
usnnycus,
Just to clarify, I meant the consulate said that you do NOT even require to file I-824. So if 824 is not filed, there is no question of receipt.

But again, we will know for sure only if I get the packet 3 in the next week or so.

I-864

hi friends,
i have received two packets(one each for my parents) from NVC containing forms I-864 in each packets.
do i have to fill out both I-864 saperately for my father and mother (they both have saperate case numbers)
when i fill out I-864 for my father do i have to write my mother's name in the table of part-3 ?
when i fill out I-864 for my mother do i have to write my father's name in the table of part-3 ?

Can anyone of you please answer the following question:

a) What to fill?
i) In section 11 (I-134)
ii) In section 29 (DS-230 Part II)

b) How many years of tax-return/W2 we need submit to the consulate?

Thanks in Advance.

Usnycus

Hi,
I send my emails to ivnd@state.gov and cc to newdelhi@pd.state.gov with the subject "Request for specfic info".
My experience has been that I get after 2-3 days and if that does'nt happen , I resend my emails.
Usually I get response more than 50% of the time.
Ignore the automated response....
I hope I have answered your question.

I824 for FTJ

Hello Guys,
I am seeing lot of mails regarding I 824 need to be applied or not.
I sent my papers for FTJ with out I 824(as I did not applied for it) and with out the copy of my Plastic card(but sent the I551 copy) on Oct last week. Two days back I had received Packet 3 with all the forms to fill up.
May be this will help.

I guess you cleared all the doubt we had with I-824.

Can you please post the details about consulate/papers you submitted?

Misstryguy
Wow.. that was quick... end of October you sent the docs !!!!
Which consulate ??
Me september 2nd week to Chennai.. Still waiting for Pkt 3

Packet 3 received

My wife recd packet 3 yesterday. Docs sent to consulate along with I-824 receipt in 3rd week of October.

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Ftj

Couslate : Chennai
Papers: Notarized copies of I551,Passport Copies and I485 approval.
I also sent copies of Marriage certificate, Spouse Passport copies and Birth certificate(I think these docs are not really necessary).

Packet 3

Hello Guys,
I have received the Packet 3 with 10 check list. They had asked to prepare the docs.
Does anybody know what all the docs we have to send them back.
I know we have to send these
-The checklist form(with signature)
-ds 230 part I
-Readiness form ds2001
Is there any thing else.
Also what is ds -2000 form and public charge evidence. where it is.

Hi Misstryguy,

Did the Chennai consulate sent Packet 3 to your wife in India or to USA ?
How did you give them the mailing address?

Please reply...I need to file for my wife.

Thanks

FTJ or 485

I'm trying to understand what I will have to go through if I choose to go through this route for my wife.

This is what stated in the USCIS website in term of the paper work that I needs to provide.

1) Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
A copy of the original application or petition that was used to apply for your immigrant status
2) A copy of the I-797, Notice of Action, for your original application or petition
3) A copy of your alien registration receipt card or I-551

So the other question is what is "the copy of the original app or petition that was used to apply for your immigrant status?" Are we talking about the apps for I485 or something else?

And my spouse is now in the USA on H1 at this time and I have GC (approved after couple of months of our marriage) . Can her status be adjusted here in the US ? If yes does anyone know the procedure (like if u need to fill her 485). Or I still need to use the FTJ route? And would I need services of a attorney
Thanks in advance...

Status
Not open for further replies.