Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
nippon18 said:
Hello Guys,
My name is Nippon Raval and I am living canada. My dad is a permanent immigrant in States and he filed F2J for my mum who is in india. I-824 is approved and sent to mumbai consulate on june 3 but my mum didnt get any reply from them . so I asked her to go to mumbai and give packet 3 which she did yest. they told her that they will send Packet 4 (and interview dat ALSO ..I assume)
but the problem now is my dad has been in the financial crisis since 2 years and will not be able to support her since he will not be meeting the income criteria for the sponsorship. (he has retired too)
I cant sponsor her either since I am a student ..only one earning is my sister in UK . but she is married
my question is can my sister sponsor my mum or if she cant ..is there anyone who can sponsor my mum out of the family?
Any help on this will be greatly appreciated..
thank you
Nippon

I think only your father can sponsor her since she is deriving FTJ from him. Only way is for you guys to pull it together and make some financial arrangements for your father so that he can show enough bank balance. Get a employer letter with some salary, Show some bank balance, real estate etc temporarily till the process is over. Else she will lose it. YOu are so close, so do whataever it takes to get her here.

Only thing they look for is how he can support her and if the marriage is valid.
Please consult a immigration lawyer( Indian if possible) and do the needful. Maybe your sister can send some money to show bank balance and your father can get some letter to show he is working etc.

Wifes visa approved!

My wifes visa was approved at Madras consulate today on Friday 17th june.
She went there at 09am for 10 am interview. There was long line outside. However, seeing the yellow slip in her bag, the guards moved her to the front of the line and they all checked in.

Inside one chatter box Indian guy collected her documents. Asked her few questions. She gave all the documents to him. Asked for I-134 which I had already submitted.
Than she waited for her turn for the actual interview. She was called after half hour. The guy asked all sorts of general questions.
1) When did you get married, 2) How many people were there/3) Where are the pictures 4) Where is he working etc.
Than he returned the orginals, marriage certificate, Tax returns and birth certificate and congratulated her. Visa will arrive with passport in 2 days.
She was out of the consulate by 11.30 am.

MIke cordozza said:
My wifes visa was approved at Madras consulate today on Friday 17th june.
She went there at 09am for 10 am interview. There was long line outside. However, seeing the yellow slip in her bag, the guards moved her to the front of the line and they all checked in.

Inside one chatter box Indian guy collected her documents. Asked her few questions. She gave all the documents to him. Asked for I-134 which I had already submitted.
Than she waited for her turn for the actual interview. She was called after half hour. The guy asked all sorts of general questions.
1) When did you get married, 2) How many people were there/3) Where are the pictures 4) Where is he working etc.
Than he returned the orginals, marriage certificate, Tax returns and birth certificate and congratulated her. Visa will arrive with passport in 2 days.
She was out of the consulate by 11.30 am.

CONGRATS Mike
:) :) :)

Hello Mike,
I really appreciate your help here.
Can my father have joint sponsor?
Besides what documents did ur wife carry with her relating to your employment,income,etc. can you please list them all so that I can starting preparing for them for my dad.
Thank you
Nippon

sorry to bother you again ..I forgot to mention something else..
my dad fell sick last year he lost his job and since he has permanent disability now he is not gettin any official job..
so does he still have to show an employment letter or can he get any exemption from being a main sponsor as we have very good joint sponsor
Thanks
Nippon

nippon18 said:
sorry to bother you again ..I forgot to mention something else..
my dad fell sick last year he lost his job and since he has permanent disability now he is not gettin any official job..
so does he still have to show an employment letter or can he get any exemption from being a main sponsor as we have very good joint sponsor
Thanks
Nippon

Nippon,

I think when u do follow to Join it is specific to a person, one uses I-134, affidavit of support where you need to show employment letter. But if you are using I-864, than Joint sponsor would work as there is provision for that. I am not sure if they will accept I-864 for follow to join. However, they have been sending I-864 with FTJ Packet 3/4 and my wife had got that. We called the consulate and told them that we have already submitted I-134 and they were okay with it.
I would suggest, you contact an attorney who can guide you on this as yours is very complicated case. You might wanna log onto to chat with Sheela Murthys website, www.murthy.com . There are transcripts from old chat sessions as well.

Documents that I submitted: I-134, affidavit of support along with supporting documents like, Employment letter, Paystubs,Letter from the bank( i did not submit statement), stocks and share statement, Real estate mortgage letter and tax returns for last 3 years with w2 forms.

I hope something works out, please talk to an attorney. There are very two able attorneys, Sheela murthy and Rajiv Khanna, however they are very expensive, you might wanna send a letter to them explain your situation and than decide if u want to go with them. Never know they might do it pro bono.

Good luck.

Mike

Medicals

Mike,

My spouse interview is scheduled in October, we haven't received the appointment letter yet. They have posted it on their web site.. When do we have to give medicals? Before the interview or on the interview day it self? Thank you for your help..

mereguru said:
Mike,

My spouse interview is scheduled in October, we haven't received the appointment letter yet. They have posted it on their web site.. When do we have to give medicals? Before the interview or on the interview day it self? Thank you for your help..

MereGuru,

Usually the letter comes a week after they have posted it on the website. Medical can be done anytime before your interview. It takes only a day for the whole process. However, in their instructions they say to get it earlier since sometimes the lab report takes lil longer. My wife went 3 days ahead for her Medical at Madras, she got everything done in a day. So next two days they were site seeing and shopping. So plan accordingly.

Good Luck!.
Mike

Interview

Thank you, Mike. Our attorney told us I-134 is not required for the interview. But I am reading in this forum every one is taking it..I am planning to get one too.. Is 1040 enough or do we need IRS transcripts? Any other Tips/Documents for the interview?

Hi Mike:

First of all congrats on your wife's approval.

When did you guys get the PCC ? My wife is in vijayawada. As far as the requirements go, I see that I need to get one from district head quarters and one from passport office. Can you tell me from where you got yours.. Also, is there any thing like a list of vaccinations done which we need to take to the medical exam/or consulate for interview.

Is it possible for you to mention a list of docs your wife took along for the interview..

Regards
Srini

mereguru said:
Thank you, Mike. Our attorney told us I-134 is not required for the interview. But I am reading in this forum every one is taking it..I am planning to get one too.. Is 1040 enough or do we need IRS transcripts? Any other Tips/Documents for the interview?

I -134 is a very important document that is a must for FTJ. Its a sworn affidavit notarized with all your income and other details. In lieu of that I think I-864 will suffice ( again this is affidavit of support), however in the documentation which consulates sends you with various instructions they mention I-134 for spouse of E1/E1/E3 candidates. If you already have I-864 than you call the consulate and ask them if thats enough. Just take 1040 with your W2 forms for last 3 years.

srini_pvr said:
Hi Mike:

First of all congrats on your wife's approval.

When did you guys get the PCC ? My wife is in vijayawada. As far as the requirements go, I see that I need to get one from district head quarters and one from passport office. Can you tell me from where you got yours.. Also, is there any thing like a list of vaccinations done which we need to take to the medical exam/or consulate for interview.

Is it possible for you to mention a list of docs your wife took along for the interview..

Regards
Srini

Thanks bro, Got the PCC just before the interview. One from the Passport office since the passport is more than 6 months old,Local police station in the area where she lives in Bangalore, District police station ( Headquarters) where her parents live ( thats where her permanent address is). So any two places should work.
She took her vaccination record, however the doctors there will give you vaccinations anyway..so just go the lab and to the doctors they will do the needful.

Post Interview Questions

Hi:
My wifes interview went OK and she received her IV packet. But I have a questions as to how to go about traveling with these docs. Here is what she got:

1) A sealed packet marked Do Not Open.
2) Passport with immigrant visa stamp.
3) A sheet of paper explaining what to do to get a SSN.

All the three items were sealed in a transparent bag.

Now my question is, can she open the transparent bag to get to the passport? I think she can, since she needs her passport. I thought I will chek with you guys anyway! Mike, any thoughts?

GCAnxious said:
Hi:
My wifes interview went OK and she received her IV packet. But I have a questions as to how to go about traveling with these docs. Here is what she got:

1) A sealed packet marked Do Not Open.
2) Passport with immigrant visa stamp.
3) A sheet of paper explaining what to do to get a SSN.

All the three items were sealed in a transparent bag.

Now my question is, can she open the transparent bag to get to the passport? I think she can, since she needs her passport. I thought I will chek with you guys anyway! Mike, any thoughts?

Yes, All 3 sealed is because they were sending it with the courier. The only thing she should not open is the the packet that is marked do not open.
Use the immigrant visa on the passport for travelling. Upon arrival at Port of entry they will process the sealed packet. She has to go to the counter that says New Immigrants upon arrival. Good luck!

Status

Hey Srini
Any updates on the documents you sent to chennai consulate.
I finally was able to reach someone on the phone, they said they have the documents and they will create the CASE# after verifying that my GC has got approved. They said this may take 2-3 months.....

Ganesh

Follow to Join or H4

I have a pending adjustment of status application for a green card (from an H1B), and got married early September. My wife is overseas and I was told I have to wait till my green card is approved before I can bring her to the US using the follow to join method. However, I met a lawyer the other day at a social gathering and he told me that I should be able to go back to H1 (from advanced parole and EAD) and apply for my wife to come here through an H4 visa. Once she makes it to the US, we can apply for her adjustment of status. Did anyone else do this before? is it possible to do? please share with me your opinions and any relevant experiences.
thanks!

Hi Ganesh:

Similar news from my side too.. Heard the same thing.. I have an approved I-824 and the service center said they faxed my GC status to chennai consulate... They say they are waiting for confirmation.. Doesn't sound in sync. My lawyer said may be it takes some time for the fax (sent by way of my I-824 approval) to reach the officer... Planning to mail again next week..

Hope it doesn't take 2-3 months.. Lets hope for the best...

Srini

yalla said:
I have a pending adjustment of status application for a green card (from an H1B), and got married early September. My wife is overseas and I was told I have to wait till my green card is approved before I can bring her to the US using the follow to join method. However, I met a lawyer the other day at a social gathering and he told me that I should be able to go back to H1 (from advanced parole and EAD) and apply for my wife to come here through an H4 visa. Once she makes it to the US, we can apply for her adjustment of status. Did anyone else do this before? is it possible to do? please share with me your opinions and any relevant experiences.
thanks!
I dont think you can bring her here on h1-4 as you have already in adjustment status. To bring her back on H4, you have to be on H1. I am not sure if that means you will be withdrawing your GC application and than bring your wife here on H1-4 and than again apply together for adjustment status. I think its a huge risk incase they find out that you are in adjustment status and might deny her H1-4. If you think you are close to getting GC approval than its better to wait and go through the FTJ as these days its pretty fast. Just be careful as you dont want to establish any intent of fraud.

Again go through some of old chats at Www.murthy.com, where she has some details about H1 to EAD and back etc. You can also do phone consultation with some able immigration attorney for legal opinion before you taken any further steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.