Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hi FTJ gurus and experts

I am waiting for my 485 approval notice. I need to do the FTJ process after that. Can I do some thing useful in the mean time. Can any body suggest me a site to look for ? or a list of things I can do ??

Regards"

Hello,

You can do the following while you are waiting for your approval.
1) Apply for I-824 to the Processing centre that is handling your case.If you read the posting before, manyhave sent I-824 before their cases were approved.Atleast you will get a receipt notice.
2)Start collecting documents and fill all the forms( DS 230, I-134 etc) and keep it ready because instead of wasting time collecting documents and notary signature after approval,most of the documents you can keep it ready. After the approval just get the remaining documetsc(stamp on your passport) etc notarized and send it ASAP. So you will save atleast 2 weeks time there and also you will have the receipt notice from I-824 as well.
3) Than wait for call from the consulate.

Read some of the previous postings. You cant go wrong.

thanks,
M

Got 485 approved on same day of marriage

Guys do you know what I have to do in case i got married on the same date as that of my 485 approval, my wife is in the United states on an H 1 visa. Can i file for AOS based on my approved I 485?

I read that its ok to apply in the chennai consulate with just the i-824 receipt ?. Can anbody give a rough estimate how much time it will take from sending documents until one's immigratn visa gets approved .

I guess this will be the rough timeline . Can FTJ gurus pls verrify . thanks

Time for consulate to verrify and create case no = 5 months
Interview date after case no -=1 month

So total 6-7 months , right ? . If you are lucky (like WheresMahGreen ) you may get in 3-4 months , right ?

AOS Approved last week, how to bring spouse to US

Hi All,

First of all, I got lucky that my AOS is approved. Now, my wife is not eligible for H4. I talked to lawyer she told me that I need to apply for follow to Join consular processing

Here is our history

I applied for my 485 through EB3 AOS in Aug 2003. This year I went to India and got married in March 2004. My wife went to Delhi Consulate for H4 Visa. But they refused her section 221 (g). I send the paperwork and she has the next appointment schedule for Aug 2004. Now, We are totally clueless. My lawyer told me that I need to file I-824 and NVC will send a package to Consulate for further process . Here is the confusion. At the USCIS website processing time for this type of case is Oct 14, 2003.? This date refers to I-140 approval or I-485 approval date!

Please provide your comments and suggestions!

Thanks a ton!

Hi Desiguy,

I am in a similar situation. From the FTJ gurus on the site, we need to wait for the I-824 receipt, collect all the required docs and send it to the consulate, wait for the reply from them

Srini

I am preparing the documents to send to the chennai consulate as I wait for my I-824 receipt. I am planning to send DS-230 Part I and financial affidavits, etc. Now I heard OF-169. What is this ? Do I need to send this along with the docs. Where can I get it ?

Please help

Regards
Srini

Sorry for many postings. I have another question.

In the thread I read that Chennai doesn't accept Attorney certified I-824 Receipt ? Should I send the original I-824 receipt or should I send a notarized copy or has some body sent an attorney certified notice ? Experts, please advice...

Also, WheresMahGreen, you had once posted on the thread that your wife received a letter requesting a visa number and they would schedule an interview immediately after that. What did you respond to it ? Can you please throw some light on it or any body who received a similar one please respond.

Regards
Srini

Urgent please...

Its me again... Experts, gurus please help us out...

My company attorney is planning to file for I-824 for me.. What he is saying is wait for I-824 approval and then continue with the process. From the thread, I have seen many people who just applied with the I-824 receipt notice... Now as he is going to apply for my I-824, I believe he is going to make me fill G-28 form and he will be my representative... If I plan to send the docs, etc, will that be a problem.. Does he alone has to do every thing related to my application ? Please help me.. I am going to file the I-824 tomorrow..

Regards
Srini

For all of you that are applying!!!!!

[I]Thanks Mike. I will follow the steps. Any idea as to how long it takes to get
I-824 receipt ??

Srini[/I]

I-824 receipt can take anywhere between 3 weeks to 1 month. Mine took just 3 weeks from California Service centre.

OF-169 is the document that the consulate sends to your wife. Its a checklist of all the documents( some of which you would have sent it anyway) that has to be sent to the consulate, it will arrive along with PKT4. You dont have to worry about it now.

Right now just wait for I-824 and collect all the documents based on what other have done. If you read older posting there are details of what documents to send.

I-824 approval takes a long time. Be proactive and send all your documents to the consulate, that way you will save time and in most cases the consulate dont require approval, just a receipt would suffice.
The whole process should take aroudn 4 months from the time the consulate receives all your papers( estimation only).

thanks,
M

Please help. Wife's H4 rejected.

Please help me out Gurus

I am on H1 and my I-140 got approved long back. I filed for I-485 on March 2004 and got married on Apr 2004. When my wife applied for H4 in chennai, she was rejected twice. Officer told her that her age is 17 and she has to be 18 for the marriage to be valid.

What are my options here? Can I apply for a FTJ? If so, what is the procedure? Is there a link explaining the whole procedure?

Regards,
Ansi.

Chennai Dates for Sep ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does any one know Sep Dates are out for Chennai ?,i saw Bombay dates are out in other forums for sep.Ofcourse not yet posted on the website, few people enquired about their interview dates and they came to know they got the date in sep.Did any one tried to reach chennai consulate ?Pls post if you have sep dates @ chennai. ;)

Hi

I am getting married to a physician who is on J1 Visa. My 485 is pending. Can I add her up in my green card process. Please help.

Thanks

Do we contact Chennai consulate for Interview Date?

Hi:
We sent in our packet 3 mid July. Haven't heard anything back from Chennai Consulate. Can I contact them via e-mail? Or should my wife be contacting them? Or do we contact them at all? Please advise if anybody has any info to share.

GCAnxious said:
Hi:
We sent in our packet 3 mid July. Haven't heard anything back from Chennai Consulate. Can I contact them via e-mail? Or should my wife be contacting them? Or do we contact them at all? Please advise if anybody has any info to share.
Hi,

My wife called Chennai Consulate today and she got the same reply as she did last week ,our case is in process interview might be in sep/oct not sure etc...so i would suggest to call once and see whats the response. :)

mereguru said:
Hi WDCPost,

Can you please post Sep dates for Mumbai?

Thanks
ohh i don't have a sep dates for BMB ,i noticed in other thread which folks talk about Mumbai cases for sep,few of them called mumbai consulate and got the interview date for sep .Probably u might need to check with them . :)

Underage Marriage

Please help me out Gurus

I am on H1 and my I-140 got approved long back. I filed for I-485 on March 2004 and got married on Apr 2004. When my wife applied for H4 in chennai, she was rejected twice. Officer told her that her age is 17 and she has to be 18 for the marriage to be valid.

What are my options here? Can I apply for a FTJ? If so, what is the procedure? Is there a link explaining the whole procedure?

Regards,
Ansi.

Dude,
I think you better take professional lawyers help in this matter. First of all the Indian law says one has to be 18 to get married( I think so). Offcourse the consulate will reject your case. You will have to probably wait until she is 18 and than apply. Wow..thats too young bro.

I dont want to judge you but its better you refer your case to a lawyer.

I am surprised that you guys were able to register the marriage in India.

For marriage in India, minimum age for male is twenty-one years and for the female is eighteen years.

I would suggest you to wait till she turns 18 and then reapply after getting proper paper work.

ansi2004 said:
Please help me out Gurus

Regards,
Ansi.

Status
Not open for further replies.