Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
DS230(I) Form must be Typed ,NVC won't accept hand written applications?? :confused: i have read these from this forum some one mentioned about it.

Packet 3 questions

My wife just received packet 3 from the embassy. Should she wait till all the police certificates are ready before sending in DS 230 , DS 2001 and 2002? Please do let me know.

DS 2001 is an attestation that all the required docs are ready. Would it be considered a false attestation if she acquires some of the documents dated after the day she signs the attestation? Please help.

GCAnxious said:
My wife just received packet 3 from the embassy. Should she wait till all the police certificates are ready before sending in DS 230 , DS 2001 and 2002? Please do let me know.

DS 2001 is an attestation that all the required docs are ready. Would it be considered a false attestation if she acquires some of the documents dated after the day she signs the attestation? Please help.

Hi GCAnxious,
You no need to wait to send DS230 untill you Get all other Required docs .If you read the instructions (in the TOP of the page ) they ask you to return DS230 immediately.Consulate Reqd all other docs during interview time.I asked my wife to do the same thing she will be sending today .

spouse's FTJ interview

my wife went for FTJ visa interview. It seems the interview went well and the consulate officer told her that she would get her passport back in couple of days. She went for interivew on july 2nd(Friday). I assume that she would get her passport on monday or tuesday.
She was in US for 3 months after marriage. So the consulate officer asked her couple of questions about her previous trip to US. Other than that not a lot of questions.

This site has been really helpful and thank you guys for all your help.
whereashmahesh, thanks for your help.

I am waiting for her passport to come back.

-Hawk74

Where to file the I-824?

I have recently gotten my I-485 approved after an interview at the USCIS office in Baltimore. Now I would like to file an I-824 for my spouse to get a GC as a following-to-join benefit. Where would I do that? At the VSC? Or at the Baltimore office, since my case was transferred there for the interview?

thank you!
XJL

Pcc

Pls Advise ,
My wife studied in Delhi (Higher Secondary ) for 2 yrs ,
Do we need to get the PCC from Delhi too ? or getting the PCC from Chennai commisoner office is good enough ? Right now she is in Chennai. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I-824 tracking effort

Dear fellow I-824 applicants,

in order to get a better picture of the waiting time associated with
I-824 applications, I have searched a bit through USCIS online case
status data base. So far I have been looking at the Vermont Service
center only. I have been able to find 14 I-824 cases entered into the
system on January 14th 2004. Out of these, six have already been
approved. While this is still evidence of a horrible backlog and many
cases hanging around in USCIS limbo, it is much better than the
official processing date reports suggest.

So I think the true picture may be brighter than the reports and I
solicit your help in compiling a more complete version of it. I-824
are comparatively rare (from my search in the online case data base, I
estimate less than one percent of the case load), so getting good
number for a particular receipt date or meaningful time window is hard
work, because it involves searching a lot of cases. So I think we
should compile a list of known I-824 case numbers. My impression is
that I-824 are also distributed in clusters, so that means, if you
have one I-824 receipt numbers chances are that you can find a few
more nearby.

So if you send me known I-824 case numbers, I promise to:

- keep them separate from any personal information your message may
contain

- regularly publish a statistic of which percentage of I-824 cases of
a certain age has been approved at a given service center in this
threat

Please join me. Together, we can do much better than the USCIS in
getting an estimate as to when our cases my finally be approved.

TIA
rom

Hello WDCPOST

wdcpost said:
Hello Everyone
We have applied for FTJ on Last month April 16 th/2004 ,no response from chennai counselate.Can any one tell how long it will take to get the response from them .
1)How long it will take to get the response ?
2)And what will be the response ? I mean we got your request and its in process and it will take 000 to 999 days etc... something like that ?
3)is it necessary to apply FTJ I 824 should be approved ?
4)Can some one tell me about the timeline from the date we apply ,get the packet and get the interview etc..
Thanks

Hello and hope things are working fine with you.
I just happened to notice your earlier post and was wondering if you could share some details.
- From this post I understand you had sent the FTJ request on April 16th, when did you get a response from Chennai consulate?
- Did they created a case for you and when is the interview date?
- While communicating with them, to which email id/phone# did you contact them?
Thanks

Visas Omega - Still an Alternative to I-824?

Historical usenet postings mention "Visas Omega" as an alternative to having a consulate notified of adjustment of status in a following-to-join case. Here is an example, which describes the proceedure:
http://groups.google.com/groups?sel...5ce@jrgotcher.earthlink.net&out\ put=gplain
Does this still exist? - It certainly sounds too good to be true.
TIA
rom

Hello Wdcpost

usa_mirage said:
Hello and hope things are working fine with you.
I just happened to notice your earlier post and was wondering if you could share some details.
- From this post I understand you had sent the FTJ request on April 16th,
when did you get a response from Chennai consulate?
Chennai mailed out to my USA Address on June 8 th and i got it on June 22 nd .(I got this after u post the reponse back to me like i will get PK3 to USA address not to Local Address etc...the next day i got it ,it happend as u said :) )
- Did they created a case for you and when is the interview date?
Yes they Created the CASE # for my wife
- While communicating with them, to which email id/phone# did you contact them?

Phone - 91-44-28112060(dir)
email :"Chennai, IV" <ChennaiIV@state.gov>

Thanks

Hi usa_mirage,
Pls see above ,My Response in Bold

What after getting back the Passport from consulate after ftj

WHERESMAHGREEN. other gurus..Please reply
My wife received the passport from the consulate along with other papers (some sealed) after successful FTJ interview.
My question is
1) The passport doesnt carry any stampings. Does this take place at the POE here. Is she required to bring along any other papers with her to the airport authorities when departing. Are those papers sent by the consualte good enough to travel?

2) What happens at the POE.? What kind of questions are asked by IO here. POE will be Newark for her.

Thanks

getting married after AOS is approved and would-be spouse on H1b

Experienced folks out there:

Just wanted to check what are the options of adjusting one's spouse's status after a marriage in the US. Considering that my AOS is approved and my would-be spouse is on H1-B (already in the US) and we plan to get married in the US. What kind of time frames are we looking at to adjust my would-be spouse's status. Any inputs/experiences appreciated.

losing_it

Guys please advice.........totally anxious abt the time limit if it exists......

Hi,

I got my greeen card approved on april 28, 2004. I couldn't add my spouse for the green card as he was finishing his 2 year home residency in India for his J1 visa. Now his 2 year condition is over.

Can I apply for his green card now? Is there a time limit after you get your approval when you can apply for green card for your spouse? We got married before I got my I485 approved.

Also, what all documents I might need for applying for his green card?

Thanks so much in advance for your guidance

FTJ for spouse already in US

Hi all,

My husband and I got married in Oct 2002 while my AOS was pending (EB2 - Vermont - ND May 2002) and he was on OPT. We later submitted I-485 for him in December 2002.

I have got the approval 2 months ago in May 2004 but there is still no sign of any movement for my husband's case. Besides, his FP1 has expired... no FP2 notice yet...

Does anybody here applied AOS in US for spouse and still waiting for spouse's approval? I wonder how long this kind of case takes...:confused:

Thanks & have a wonderful weekend! :D

Irenec
=================================
:) Primary........... Spouse
RD: 05/2002 ........ 12/2002
ND: 05/2002 ........ 01/2003
FP1: 08/2002 ........ 03/2003
FP2: 03/2004 ........ Not yet issued
EAD: none ............ 02/2003 and 04/2004
RFE: 04/2004 ........ none
AD: 05/2004 ........ Sometime soon in 2004??? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am_ Losing _ It- Reply to your question!

_m_losing_it Experienced folks out there:

Just wanted to check what are the options of adjusting one's spouse's status after a marriage in the US. Considering that my AOS is approved and my would-be spouse is on H1-B (already in the US) and we plan to get married in the US. What kind of time frames are we looking at to adjust my would-be spouse's status. Any inputs/experiences appreciated.

losing_it

REPLY: If you are marrying someone in US who has a H1B and your GC is already approved, the only way you can do it is through family petition for a spouse which takes aroudn 5 yrs now. Meanwhile after 3 yrs you can apply fro 'V' visa and after that when your spouse visa # is ready can apply for adjustment status. For the first 3 yrs your spouse has to maintain H1B status to stay in this country. After that 'V' visa kicks in. If your spouse can apply for adjustment through his/her company its faster, else this is the only way unless after 5 yrs you get your citizenship and than get a fiancee visa.

Thats what I heard from my colleague who married after GC and his wife was on H1b..now she is on V visa and just applied for her adjustment.

Hi guys,

It is after a little long i am visiting again.
Feels good to see the Wheremahgreen, arulraj and many others got their wife's cases approved and are well settled in eastcoast(mostly) and i feel happy for all you guys.

hopefully, eventhough we are not active members anymore, we would really like to help you guys with any questions or problems as during our days we have been helped by several friends like dharmo_rao / gcfeeling and many more....

keep this message board going and it is the ultimate place to know more about FTJ.

Long live Rajiv Kanna for hosting this site.

thanks

please advice...

Hi All:

I am not so familiar with the CP as I was never concerned till now.

My case: I applied for my 485 thru AOS in April 2003 and I was waiting. I went to India and got married in May 2004. I had my wife go for H-4 at kolkata (I belong to Madras) and they asked her to go to Madras. She was planning to go there to get her H-4 and I took an appointment for the 20th of september. I was just browsing the case status for my 485 and I saw that it was approved on the 21st (y'day). They said they mailed me the receipt. The processing date on their web site shows June 15, 2002 while mine was April, 2003 - have no clue how it got approved so fast (my colleague who applied five months before me got a second FP). Now this put me in a fix. What is the situation for my wife. My attorney said I need to file I-824 and then get the consular processing done for her in India. On the processing dates web site for california (I come under california service center) show Oct 14, 2003. Is this the date I need to look for getting an interview or there is a national center we send the applications to.. what is AC-I140 ?? Can I use this for my wife.. Any advice will be very helpful

Regards

Ftj

There are many other FTJ gurus here to answer this qn.
Also, I am not attorney, so dont take it for granted. Always think twice before u act.

Let me try.
You are eligible to apply for FTJ provided you are married atleast 1 day (a week is good) before your 485 approval. ( not the day u receive letter of approval). So if you fit into that category, then browse back and read other messages about how to start a FTJ process in chennai branch. Many friends said here that 824 is no need for FTJ process...So, just wait for your GC approval letter and/card and immediately start collecting docs to send to chennai branch.
You are lucky enough to get GC but unlucky as you may have to wait for another 6-12 months(according to 2003 data) for your wife to join.

All the best.

srini_pvr said:
Hi All:

I am not so familiar with the CP as I was never concerned till now.

My case: I applied for my 485 thru AOS in April 2003 and I was waiting. I went to India and got married in May 2004. I had my wife go for H-4 at kolkata (I belong to Madras) and they asked her to go to Madras. She was planning to go there to get her H-4 and I took an appointment for the 20th of september. I was just browsing the case status for my 485 and I saw that it was approved on the 21st (y'day). They said they mailed me the receipt. The processing date on their web site shows June 15, 2002 while mine was April, 2003 - have no clue how it got approved so fast (my colleague who applied five months before me got a second FP). Now this put me in a fix. What is the situation for my wife. My attorney said I need to file I-824 and then get the consular processing done for her in India. On the processing dates web site for california (I come under california service center) show Oct 14, 2003. Is this the date I need to look for getting an interview or there is a national center we send the applications to.. what is AC-I140 ?? Can I use this for my wife.. Any advice will be very helpful

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
please advice...

Hi FTJ gurus and experts

I am waiting for my 485 approval notice. I need to do the FTJ process after that. Can I do some thing useful in the mean time. Can any body suggest me a site to look for ? or a list of things I can do ??

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.