Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gurus, guys:

Does Chennai consulate needs notarized copies/originals or they accept attorney certified copies. My company attorney said that he would certify the docs and send. But I am suggesting notarized copies. Which one is accepted ?

Srini

IS 824 Needed ???

Is the 824 needed for the Follow to Join process.. All the posts say that it is needed, but I sent a mail to chennai consulate and they said that it is not Required...
Can anyone explain y this is required,inspite of chennai consulate saying otherwise..

Thanks

srini_pvr said:
Hi Gurus, guys:

Does Chennai consulate needs notarized copies/originals or they accept attorney certified copies. My company attorney said that he would certify the docs and send. But I am suggesting notarized copies. Which one is accepted ?

Srini
Pls get notarized

son24 said:
Is the 824 needed for the Follow to Join process.. All the posts say that it is needed, but I sent a mail to chennai consulate and they said that it is not Required...
Can anyone explain y this is required,inspite of chennai consulate saying otherwise..

Thanks

Not Required lot of folks got successful FTJ while I 824 is in process . But just incase you can apply on your own it costs around $140 .

Thx Wdcpost...

I now begin my journey for the F2J process.. Will get my stamp on the passport and then send the documents to chennai consulate...

Will keep this thread updated with my progress....

Interview scheduled for Spetemeber 17th

My wife called Madras consulate and found out that her interview is scheduled for the 17th of september and her letter is already in the mail. They have posted that on the website as well.

Timeline: GC approved: April 29th 04
I-824 applied in may- Recieved receipt notice in 3 weeks.
Applied FTJ petition in June, Case created same month.
Interview notice in August.
Interview scheduled for Sept 17th.

Sent all FTJ documents all at once( Ds230 I& II, I-134 and all other supporting documents). Did not wait for the consulate to send Pkt3, hence saved some time.

Hopefully the interview should go well.

Thanks,
M

Congrats Mike. Have a few questions.

I am sending the docs for my wife this week. As you mentioned in the previous mail, I am sending notarized I-824 receipt, I-485, I-551 stamp, I-134, employment letter, last three pay stubs, notarized w-2s, notarized passport pages of me and my wife, notarized birth certificates of me and my wife, notarized marriage certificate, DS-230 I and II. Is there any thing else I need to send? Also, did write a covering letter or some thing? My company attorney is doing stuff for me. Is it okay if he writes on his letterhead?

Also on I-134, it asks the question, Do I Intend to pay for the expenses for my wife - it also asks to suggest some amount. What shld I write for this?

All the best for your wife
Regards
Srini

srini_pvr said:
Congrats Mike. Have a few questions.

I am sending the docs for my wife this week. As you mentioned in the previous mail, I am sending notarized I-824 receipt, I-485, I-551 stamp, I-134, employment letter, last three pay stubs, notarized w-2s, notarized passport pages of me and my wife, notarized birth certificates of me and my wife, notarized marriage certificate, DS-230 I and II. Is there any thing else I need to send? Also, did write a covering letter or some thing? My company attorney is doing stuff for me. Is it okay if he writes on his letterhead?

Also on I-134, it asks the question, Do I Intend to pay for the expenses for my wife - it also asks to suggest some amount. What shld I write for this?

All the best for your wife
Regards
Srini

It is always good to have a cover letter with list of documents enclosed and the purpose of the petition. If you read www.murthy.com, there she says consulate expects cover letters to make it easy for them to process.

The I-134 form I submitted in May, that question was to be answered only if the dependent was comming to stay here temporarily.I downloaded it from the INS website. They had that in the brackets. But I noticed today that in the current form in INS its missing( I was not sure what you were referring to, hence I had to check the document). You might wanna check with BCIS. Good luck.

wdcpost said:
Not Required lot of folks got successful FTJ while I 824 is in process . But just incase you can apply on your own it costs around $140 .

I-824 filing cost is $190, they have increased it since May 2004.

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I am going to write a covering letter as you said

I relooked at the I-134 form. I am referring to question # 11. It says do you intend or not intend to support persons mentioned in Q.3 (my wife). If I intend, indicate the exact nature and duration. Yes it looks like for temporary stay as it does indicate how long, etc. I don't know how to answer it. What did you write? Can you please check in your copy if you don't mind?

Regards
Srini

srini_pvr said:
Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I am going to write a covering letter as you said

I relooked at the I-134 form. I am referring to question # 11. It says do you intend or not intend to support persons mentioned in Q.3 (my wife). If I intend, indicate the exact nature and duration. Yes it looks like for temporary stay as it does indicate how long, etc. I don't know how to answer it. What did you write? Can you please check in your copy if you don't mind?

Regards
Srini

Srinivas,

I thought I answered your question in the earlier reply. Again the I-134 that I submitted which I downloaded from the INS website in MAY 2004, for Question # 11 in brackets they had mentioned ( answer this if comming to stay temporarily..somethng like that). But I understand your confusion, I checked the latest one and it does not have that in the brackets. So I would suggest( logical thing to do) for you to select "I Intend " and than in the lines below explain that she is wife and would bear/share all her expense for rest of her/your life :) :) . I dont thing you can put a cost to it.

Hi Mike,

I am thinking of writing some thing like that. Ya, for the rest of my/her life sounds right :) :) .. My lawyer said leave it blank.. Just wanted to check...

Srini

Ds 230

Mike, Srini
Can you pls tell me where u downloaded the DS 230 (I and II) from. All the versions which I found on the internet have an expiry date ( mentioned on top right corner of the form) of 5/31/2004.

Thx
Ganesh

Ganesh:

I filled up the same forms with expiry 5/31/2004. They do not have any new ones as far as I know and hopefully they shld work

Regards
Srini

Address ??

I am ready to send all the documents to the Chennai consulate. Can anyone who as sent the docs tell me what address it has to be sent to.
Also, is there a way to know if it has reached them.

Thx
Ganesh

Hi Ganesh:

I donno the address to which the docs to send. My attorney did that. I believe he used the address on the web site. May be Mike can help you. My attorney used the Fed ex priority. It reached the consulate on the 7th.

Srini

son24 said:
I am ready to send all the documents to the Chennai consulate. Can anyone who as sent the docs tell me what address it has to be sent to.
Also, is there a way to know if it has reached them.

Thx
Ganesh

Check out the website, they have their address listed there.

Send it by FEDEX, you will have tracking information.

Once the document has reached the destination, call the consulate after a week to Confirm, if you are lucky they will have your case # ready :).
Good Luck!

I-824 approved!

My I-824 is approved.

Reciept Date: May 19th 2004
Notice Date: September 1 2004 ( Approved)

It took less than 4 months for the approval.

Meanwhile my wifes interview is this friday at Madras Consualte.

Suggestion:
Send your I-824 application to the service centre and not local offices. My GC was approved in the Phoenix INS office, but I sent I-824 to CSC centre in LosAngeles. Hope this helps.

My I-824 approved too...

I think CSC is on fire. My I-824 is approved.

Notice date is August 4, 2004
Approved date is September 8, 2004.

I sent the documents to Chennai September 3rd and the tracking says delivered on the 7th. I am planning to call the Chennai consulate this wednesady (one week after as suggested by Mike). Any body any suggestions. Will there be any confusion with the I-824 approval and the docs I sent ? Mike, experts....

Regards
Srini

Status
Not open for further replies.