Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCFeeling

You can send a private message. I can help you on FTJ (Whatever I know I can share with you)

Regards
GCARD!!!!

Googly

For the question#1
Interview dates varies based on the consualte. In chennai (Worst case scenario), they have a cutoff on 15th day of every month. Whatever applications they receive till then, they will schedule an interview in the following month.

For the question#2

Contact the consulate periodically twice a week to check the status. That might help you.

What is packet4?
Packet4 is set of forms comprising of Affidavit of support I-134 (For FTJ) + DS230 Part1+DS230 Part2, OF-171 (appointment letter for letting your spouse in). Refer to my earlier postings to get more info about packet4.

For Question#4

Once packet is created consulate will send a regular (NOT FIRST CLASS :) ) mail to you stating the case# and packet#3. If you look in the past people have lost the mail and it would be wise to contact consulate to get the case#. You can also send emails regularly to get your case#.

I hope this helps you

Regards
GCARD!!!!

Thanks GCCard...

Thanks GCCard,

I sent my P3 directly to the New Delhi consulate.
Are they going to send me the case number and P4 or another P3.

Also, I think NWD is similar to chennai as far as the response time is concerned. So, should I expect an Interview sometimes in August as I sent my papers before July 15th.

I just sent them the P3 directly, what do they do after they get the package. Do they just evaluate it and send an interview date or do they have to get approval of somekind from VSC about the 824.

Please let me know.

Once again, thanks very much!!!

US consulate in Delhi's web site says they generate interview schedules for a particular month on the 10th of previous month. They post the schedule around the 15th of the month.

If this is the case, say the completed application reaches between Jul 10 and Aug 10, the interview will be scheduled only in September.

Am I interpreting it correctly?

americandesi

You might get August interview if you are lucky. It depends on when you sent the papers and whether they have processed. It usually takes 2-3 days for the immigration section to get it from the mail room. I would ask you to check with them periodically (daily) about the status. It is worth calling them and enquiring about the status. In my case unfortunately it took 3 months after we mailed the packet 03 to get the interview. Make sure they received the papers. Since you are sending in regular registered mail in India, it would be wise to check with them as whether they have received it.

Good Luck with the interview.
GCARD!!!!

GCCard...

Thanks You,

I hope we get the interview date ASAP.

I checked with the US consulate about the packet and they confirmed they did get it (I mailed them and they responded back after 3-4 days). Now that they have received the package, all I have to do is wait for them to schedule interview.

Is that it??? or is there more checking or calling them involved here. If so, then why are people complaining about the process and time to be 9 months or more.

Thanks,

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and wasn't aware of this thread and started a new thread for the questions below. Moderators, please delete the thread if it is possible, I will try to do it if I find a way. Sorry about that.

Now, I have applied for GC on employment basis. I got my advance parole and EAD renewed the first time just now. It's been 1 year since I applied for GC and will hopefully take 2-3 more years at Texas Service Center. Now, I am going to India and am getting married soon. What options do I have for my spouse's immigration? My first priority is to bring her here as soon as possible. So if I apply for her GC (because mine is pending), will it be faster then usual? How much time will it take? I heard that Consulate processing is faster. Anything else I can do about this?

thanks a lot.

Tax related question

Can anyone throw some light on tax withholding/filing when the spouse is overseas? Did you guys claim the spouse as a dependent in your recent tax filings? If yes, how?

Thanks

I-824 website tracker

hi,
is there any website tracker for I-824? I know that I-485 has like rupnet.com. Just want to see when/how everyone's application are being processed.

thanks.

employment letter

What is the format for employment leter to be submited along with packet3 ? Just state that i am employed with so an dso compnay or is it requires salary information and all ? Thansk for your help

How long does it take for the US Embassy in Delhi to mail packet-3 to the spouse after they receive the approved I-129F from NSC? It has been almost a month already and no packet-3 yet ... :mad:

no p3 or case number from consulate 9 months after i-824 approve

We have been patiently waiting for the consulate to send us the p3 (and the case number?) for more than 9 months. No any news yet. The I-824 was approved on Dec. 3, 2002 from Taxes center. It said that the consulate was noticed. How should we proceed now? Which place should we call or mail for an inquiry? We apply i-824 by ourself, so we really don't know what to do next. Thanks for your help.

Lang

Hi yinglang2,

After reading the I-824 threads it seems the time for consular processing is around 6 to 9 months.

According to the National Customer Service Center booklet, the phone number to call for assistance related to I-824 is 1-949-389-3690.

They should at least be able to tell you when the consulate received your approved I-824 and what the case# is.

Good luck!

americandesi

Hi aug3102,

According to form I-134:

" Statement of your employer on business stationery, showing:
1. date and nature of employment
2. salary paid
3. whether position is temporary or permanent "

Americandesi

Americandesi, thanks for your information. It seems 1-919-389-3690 is a fax number, not a phone number.

Ming

Hi Yinglang2,

Sorry about that, the following is valid only for applications filed at the California Service Center.

This is what the document says regarding I-824.

Contacting the CSC ...

Step 1: If you have questions about a case pending in the California Service center, send a one-page fax to 949-389-3485

Step 2: If you do not receive a response within 21 days, contact the CSC Customer Service division at 949-389-3690.

Sorry again. Perhaps there is something equivalent at the Texas center.

americandesi

american desi - thank you for taking time to answer my question. I guess i need to wait for the consulate to send me p3 before i can contact them, They replied to my mail saying they are still waiting for confirmation from BCIS even after close to 5 months.

co-sponser

americandesi or any other experts please answer my question - I got my gc 6 montsh ago and waitig for my wife's follow-to-join. If i lose or leave my job now, is that they going to rejet follow-to join ? In such cases will it be ok(or acceptable to bcis) if someone else co-sponser the follow-to-join ?

This is what I found at the bcis web site:

Following-to-Join Benefits for Spouses
Please note: This section is only applicable to lawful permanent residents who did not gain their LPR status as an immediate relative (parent, spouse, or unmarried child under 21 years of age) of a U.S. citizen.
If you were married before you became a lawful permanent resident, and your spouse did not physically accompany you to the U.S., your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits. This means that you do not have to submit a separate Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your spouse, and your spouse will not have to wait any extra time for a visa number to become available. In this case, you may simply notify a U.S. Consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your spouse can apply for an immigrant visa. Your spouse may be eligible for following-to-join benefits if your relationship still exists and if one of the following is applicable:

You received a diversity immigrant visa
You received an employment-based immigrant visa
You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen sibling
You received an immigrant visa based on your relationship to your U.S. citizen parent when you were already married

If you fall into one of these categories, please submit the following information to the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services:

Form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Application or Petition
A copy of the original application or petition that was used to apply for your immigrant status
A copy of the I-797, Notice of Action, for your original application or petition
A copy of your alien registration receipt card or I-551

If the I-824 is approved, BCIS will notify a U.S. consulate that you are a lawful permanent resident so that your spouse can apply for a following-to-join immigrant visa. Your spouse must then contact the local U.S. consulate to complete the processing.

You should file the I-824 at the BCIS office that took the most recent action on your case.

I TALKED TO MY LAWYER AND SHE DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS - WAS INSISTING ON THE FAMILY BASED PETITION i.e. is 5-6 YEARS WAIT.

Status
Not open for further replies.