Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Does any one know how long it takes to file an 1-130, from start to finish including interview and receipt of visa?

Thanks in advance
:)

Packet 3

hi,
anyone can tell me where to get or download Packet 3? what is the form# or name/description?

thanks, appreciate your help.
:)

Re: Ht102 Urgent

Originally posted by gcard
Dear Ht102

Please keep me posted on your interview. My wife has her FTJ interview later this month. I would appreciate if you can share your experience.

Looking forward your response

Thanks
Gcard

Gcard , Sorry for the delay !

I was busy with my wife 's interview last week. Finally It came through with Success !! most of them were easy to answer:
Hope yours should be easy as mine !!

Good luck to you and everyone in this forum !

Some of the questions are similar to Carguy's Experiene.

Questions are like this :

what's your spouse doing ?
where is he ?
when did u get married and where ?
Name of in laws and birthplace of mine
how long ago you got married ?
why didn't you go to U.S after marriage ?

Here I attached the original Carguy's Message

I was not present for my wife's interview at the mumbai consulate, and it was not an issue.

The questions asked of my wife were:
1. Who sponsored you? How many people live, or are dependants, of the sponsor?
2. Was it a love marriage, an arranged marriage?
3. How many people attended your wedding, and they looked at the weding photographs my wife had taken with her.
4. They asked her what visa I had originally entered the USA with, and how long I had been living in the USA.
5. They asked to see proof of the visa I had originally entered the USA with.

My wife said that most people being interviewed that day were asked the same set of questions.

Points to note:

1. For the passport, make photocopies of ALL pages, including blank ones. The consulate specifically asked for this. If the passport that has the visa you used to originally enter the USA with, has expired, make photocopies of ALL pages of that passport as well. They specifically asked for this, too.

2. Mt plastic green card photograph does not photocopy well at all. The consulate rejected the black and white copy, and I ended up doing a colour scan and e-mailing that to my wife. She obtained colour printout of the card and used that instead. That was accepted by the consulate.

3. I had not sent any bank statements at all. Just the notarized letter of employment.

4. My wife also took the marriage photo album, and copies of the past three years of my tax returns, in addition to the list of documents outlined on the letter mailed out by the consulate.

Good luck on the interview. I was very nervous ahead of it, but it turned out to be nothing more than just a formality.

Regards,

carguy

to ht102

Hi ht102 - I applied for I-824 for my wife in last november and heard nothing yet. Meantime i got my gc approved and got my card. Then after seeing someone's post, i send a mail to consulate asking them how i got about the porcess (ftj). They told me to send notorized copies of gc, birth cerificate and mariage ceritate which i sent two months ago. I send them couple of emails afterwords, but no reply. What stage they will inform me ? Do I need to send packet 3 nowitslef or wait for consulate to get back ?
Appreciate your help ...

Clarification on process after filing I824

First off, I'd like thank every one on this mail thread so far because this is by far the most info about the ftj process that I have come across anywhere. I am hoping some of the veterans on this thread can help me by clarifying a few points:

Assuming my I485 is approved and I have filed my I824 and sent in the I824 receipt and other docs to the consulate, I am trying to figure out the next steps. From the mail thread so far, I know the following:
a) They(Consulate) would send me a case # for my spouse;
b) They will also ask us to fill out and send them Packet3 for my spouse;and
c) They will schedule an interview for my wife.

Now here are the questions/clarifications:

1) Although I am guessing that a) and b) above happen at the same time, I am not sure. Could someone confirm based on their experience?

2) About c) above, does it happen along with a) and b) as well, or do they schedule the interview after they receive the packet 3

3) I read about a packet4 somewhere as well. Is that a part of this process? If so, where does that fit in?

Based on my interaction with the attorneys so far, you guys are my best bet to get these answers :)
thanks a lot in anticipation...
ftjquest

FTJ GC Approved

Hello All

The Greencard for my wife has been approved my the chennai consulate today(June 02). She first submitted the papers. While submitting the Desi guy (Staff) in the consulate asked for Tax returns which unfortunately I havent sent. But it didnt matter. She submitted all the papers by 10:00 AM. They asked her to comeback at 03:30 for interview. Interview was filled with formal questions

1) Whats your husband doing?
2) Where are you going?
3) Whats your marriage date?
4) Whats your marriage day? (little tricky quesiton)

Later he sniffed(smelled) our marriage invitation to make sure it is not printed recently. :)

After that they told that We will receive the papers in courier. I am waiting for it.

I appreciate all your help. Cool-guy in particular. He was very friendly and guided me with the whole process. I take this oportunity to thank him and other folks in this forum.

I wish everyone goodluck.

Regards
GCARD

Congrate

Thanks for keeping us abreast about your wife’s case!
Congratulation on the approval of your wife’s green card! What a great relief!

I have 485 pending and 824 for my wife.

How long did it take your wife to get approved after your approval date?
Did you call or write to the embassy after the approval of your green card.
What forms did you submit for her application?
What document did you take to the interview?

Once again congrat!

For me Here is the flow of events

GC Approval June 10 2002
Stamping Jun 16 2002
I-824 RD Jun 20 2002
I-824 ND Jun 21 2002
Mailed Notarized Docs of I-140, I-485 approval ,I-824 etc on Jan 1st week
I-824 Approval Feb 12 2003
Packet#03 Generation on Feb 16 2003
Packet#03 replied on Feb 18 2003 (We mailed thrice. They did not receive or missed)
Packet#04 on Apr 13th 2003
Interview on May 28 2003
Becoz of Crowd they rescheduled Unfortunately to the Local (Madras) candidates to Jun 02 2003
June 02 2003 approval

Future Prediction
Jun 03 2003 Blue dart envelope.

(Dates may be off by + 2 days):D

Regards
GCARD

Last edited by a moderator:
Okun

for your questions

How long did it take your wife to get approved after your approval date?
See above post

Did you call or write to the embassy after the approval of your green card.
I called them often. Dilengency pays on this. I think I-824 approval has nothing to do on my case. Sending the notarized docs of I-140,I-485 Approval, Marraige Cert, Birth Cert etc helped in generating the process. This process is called Badger process. I think Madras Consulate has a good handle on the badger process.

What forms did you submit for her application?
See above ans.

What document did you take to the interview?
I took almost everything.

1.of-171,visa appointment (you will get it along with packet4)
2.ds230part1&2 visa application
3.marriage certificate& wedding photos
4.birth certificate
5.evidence of financial support i-134
5.1 employment letter
5.2.letter from an officer of the bank
5.3.bank statement.
5.4 stocks & 401k&car title
6.photos of the beneficiary (Wife)
7.proof of relationship bet beneificiary and petitioner
7.1 marriage certificate
7.2 marriag invitation
7.3 marriage photos
8.police certificate from local ps
8.2 pc from passport office
9.medical reports
10.passport,DD

Add 1040 for three years to this. Becoz they asked even though I did not produce.

Also have the originals of the Birth Cert , Marriage Cert, Album in hand. You never know what these people will ask.

Hope this helps

Regards
GCARD

GCard,
Congrats and thanks a lot for all the info - it's really helpful and heartening to know people are finally getting there!

I have a couple quick clarifications:
1) Do they schedule the interview when the generate packet #3 or do they do so when you send them the packet #3.

2) The consulate replied to my mail saying they want original I140 approval, original I485 approval and I824 receipt and at least one of these three docs should have my wife's name on it? Now, my I140 and I485 would certainly not have her name because she's in India. Did you I824 receipt have your spouse's name on it? If not, did they raise an issue because of that?
thanks in anticipation

For Question#1
They will schedule the interview only after you fill the packet#3. Thats when they get the Alien# from the INS.

For Question#2
I sent my Notarized copies of I-824 Receipt notice ,I-140, I-485 approvals which they did associate with that of my spouse file. Also the I-824 petition was filed on her name in my case. They did not raise any questions on my case for 2-3 months and then they sent the packet03.

Hope I answered your questions

Regards
GCARD

thanks

gcard - Thanks fo rsharing your story. It answered few questions i had. I guess you guys know more than my lawyer. I sent marriage cert/birtht cert, gc copy etc to consulate and waiting for packet3. Good luck to both of you

Do we need to wait until I-485 approval for applying I-824?

gcard,

Do we need to wait until I-485 approval for filing I-824 to apply for FTJ? Can we apply before getting the approval? Would priority date matter for FTJ cases because I824 can be for different reasons?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

“Do we need to wait until I-485 approval for filing I-824 to apply for FTJ?”
No, you can file before the approval of I-485

Approval information requires in I-824

If we can apply before I-485 approval, what information do we need to enter in Part 3- Processing Information of I-824? You need to specify the Date of Approval in that form.

I appreciate more confirmations on this issue.

Thanks,
Live_Love_laugh

okun

My attorney told that I have to wait for my I-485 approval to file I-824. I also read somewhere in this thread I guess that you can apply I-824 even b4 I-485 approval. But my attorney was telling that it could jeopardize my I-485 petition.

So I would say you consult someone else in this regard.

Regards
GCARD

I did aplly for 824 before mine was approved. It saves some time. It could be a problem if they pick 824 before your 485 is approved. But if you dont see that happens, its safe as well as you save some time.

Is it possible to try getting spouse on H1

gcard,

Is it possible to get spouse on H1 if some employer is willing to sponser her a new H1, provided spouse has prior experience in software industry? Is there any problem in getting new H1s if spouses reside in US? If the H1 is not approved in local consulate, will it jeopardize the pending I-485 approval? Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.