Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhaka, Bangladesh Consulate

Is there anyone out here is processing follow-to-join in Dhaka, Bangladesh consulate, or thinking to start..

Please post here. I dont see people around from bangladesh. My friend called Dhaka consulate, and consulate customer service told him that there were nothing called follow-to-join they know of. All they understand is:immigrant visa has to be available from NVC and consulate has to be notified with visa number, then they would be able to proceed..

:confused:

Processing date for I-824

I just saw a posting regarding new processing dates for VSC. Looks like I-824 is moving backwards, from 2/27 to 2/12 ? For last several months they are processing , Feb 2002. With INS, nothing is predictable !

Processing dates - Aug3102

I think the I824 application will inherit the RD and PD based on the original I485 application.

Why do I think so?...Well the below excerpt suggests that
(see the points highlighted between >>>> and <<<< ).

I believe we have to write our 485 P.D on the I824, and hence I guess if your RD/PD is before the current processind date, you should be fine.

NEWS From the VSC

http://www.uslawnet.com/Library/followtojoin.htm

The Vermont Service Center has requested we notify members of the following information concerning I-824s:

"Recently we have encountered several issues with the Form I-824's being filed at VSC. It appears that communicating these issues to the individuals filing I-824's may help to facilitate the processing of the Form I-824's filed at VSC. One of the issues that has come up is when option C (notification of an AMCON [consulate] that beneficiary has adjusted status) on the I-824 is being requested. In this scenario, the I-824 is being used to notify the AMCON that an applicant of an I-485 has adjusted status so that their overseas following-to-join family members or derivatives can receive their visas.

One of the problems that we have encountered is that people filing the I-824's are ***>>>>>>*** not indicating the names and DOB of their derivative beneficiaries on the I-824 or on the accompanying evidence,***<<<<<<*** and we are having to do a lot of time-consuming RFE's for this information . INS and the DOS need this information to process the notification to the AMCON.If this information was initially submitted, it would potentially speed up the adjudicative process.

With respect to the above scenario (option C on the I-824), the format for cable notification to the AMCON requires that the ***>>>>>>***priority date of the approved I-485 applicant be entered on the cable format ***<<<<<<***so that the DOS can process the derivatives/following-to-join family members >>>based on the priority date<<<. Although the Form I-824 does not specifically request this information, it would be extremely helpful to the adjudicator to have this information included with the evidence filed with the I-824. Ideally, the information concerning would be in the form of an I-797 approval notice for the underlying IV petition. We can usually get the priority date from the electronic systems, but if the priority date has not been entered into the electronic system, or if the file is at the district, we may end up having to order the file, which slows down the processing of the I-824 and the processing of the visas for the derivatives. "

Gerald C. Rovner, Esq
Chair, Vermont Service Center
AILA National Liaison Committee

Did anybody call INS regarding I-824 application ? Looks like they didnt process even a single application for last few months ?

When to file 824

When to file 824
In a follow-to-join case, can I file my I-824 AFTER my green card has been approved and stamped ?

My attorney wants me to file the I824 AFTER my green card is approved. However I read in murthy.com that the sooner I apply it will benefit me. Is that correct ?

follow to join in dhaka

sahin,

I have a case pending in Dhaka Consulate. My wife has an interview shortly. The officers there may not know the term "follow to join" but when they get the I-824 approval, they create a case there and schedules an interview. It took more than three months to get the interview date.

-knbd

:confused:

Hi,

I got married to an American citizen almost 1 year ago and a petition was filed by him for me within a month (July 2002).. This was approved by the INS/BCIS office in February 2003.. In March my husband received confirmation from VCS with a case number, etc., but since then nothing else has come in I have received nothing even though it was stated in his letter that I would be getting Package 3 in the mail..
Can anyone give me/us advise on what to do, or rather what the next step should be or even if there is a website that we can visit.
I haven't seen my husband in a while and I am getting really desperate.

Thank you.

follow to join interview details

Does anybody have an experience for a follow to join interview ? I would appreciate if you can share your experience here.

Thank you.

Interview Scheduled

Hello Everyone

Update on my Wife FTJ :

Interview scheduled for May 21st. Hope others got the same

Now it is the time for me to prepare the documents.

Good luck to Everyone !!

Ht.

I am also scheduled for May 21st FTJ interview in Chennai.

I appreciate if someone can describe the personal experience in this regard - what are the documents to be carried? what kind of questions do I need to prepare for? Do I get the stamping immediately?

I am happy to be part of this wonderful community.

Thank you.

Thanks for your information

I have I-485 pending and just filed Form I-824 for my wife. I am waiting for the approval of I-485 and my wife I-824.

How long did it take your wife/husband to hear from the consulate office after the approval of your green card?

Please what kind of document do you have to prepare?

Please keep me abreast!

Re: follow to join in dhaka

knbd
I also have a FTJ case pending with Dhaka consulate and waiting for an interview date. Can you please tell me what was your priority date on the case number and how long after submitting the DS-230 did you receive the letter for the interview?

Thanks
budfibe

Originally posted by knbd
sahin,

I have a case pending in Dhaka Consulate. My wife has an interview shortly. The officers there may not know the term "follow to join" but when they get the I-824 approval, they create a case there and schedules an interview. It took more than three months to get the interview date.

-knbd

Last edited by a moderator:
ht102 - could you please give the timeline for your ftj. How long it too for you to get the interview schedules after sending the papers to consulate ? Did you approach consulate directly or you got your 824 approved ?

Originally posted by aug3102
ht102 - could you please give the timeline for your ftj. How long it too for you to get the interview schedules after sending the papers to consulate ? Did you approach consulate directly or you got your 824 approved ?

Hi

It took approximately 6 months for me to get an interview after I send the docs. My I-824 is not yet approved and I approached consulate directly.

Timeline I dont really understand may be others in our forum
can help you with theirs!!

Good luck !!

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible for someone to inform me how long it would take from start to finish to file a I-130 form?

We have already waited for 9 months and an interview date has not yet been set and we need to know how much longer it may take.

Thank you

question for ht102

ht102 - Thanks for your reply. I applied ftj using i-824 about 6 months ago and never heard anything back. Then i saw posting on this forum saying that the documnets can be directly sent to consulate. I sent my docs a month ago and waiting some response. When will i hear back from the consulate ? Will they give you a case number ? If so how soon ?
Thanks in advance

Instructions to start FTJ process

Hi,

I completed my 6 yrs of H1B in Oct 02 and waiting for I-485 approval. My I-485 RD is May 2002. I got married few months back. My wife hasn't joined me yet as I am not on H1 anymore and cannot bring her on H4. The only way out is to initiate FTJ process.

Do I need to wait until my I-485 approval to start FTJ process? My lawyer says I need to wait until the 485 approval. Also the I-824 form requires the "date of approval" field in Part3 section.

Also the forum messages indicate that, once the 485 approval is done, I can communicate with regional consulate in India directly for sending the documents. Do I need to apply for I-824 to communicate? Does the priority date for I-824 matter?

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

URGENT: AC21 and I824

Forgive me if I have posted this in the wrong section (First time poster!). If so, please direct me to the appropriate section.

My 485 is pending for over a year now and recently got married. I changed jobs after 6 months using AC21. I want to apply for I824 (follow or accompany to join). My question is, would the I824 application be based on my I140 approval or my pending I485? There is a section in the 824 form that talks about the petitioner. Was wondering what needs to be filled over there. Also, would the fact that I left (no fault of mine - went out of business) the original I140 petitioner work against me in this case?

Would appreciate any info.

Ht102 Urgent

Dear Ht102

Please keep me posted on your interview. My wife has her FTJ interview later this month. I would appreciate if you can share your experience.

Looking forward your response

Thanks
Gcard

Status
Not open for further replies.