Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Gcard for the quick reply !

Do I have to send I 864 along with OF169 and OF230 PT1

BTW did you get your interview scheduled ?

Could you please summarise the process till you get the interview date ?

Thanks ,

Ht.

No I-864 required. Only I-134 is required that too only during the interview time (after you receive packet04). As far as my case is concerned I havent got my interview dates yet.

I mailed my p03 on Feb 20th. So far no progress since p03 has been mailed.

Regards
GCARD

Re: Case# Created

Hi Everyone ,

Chennai Finaly Created the CASE for me .

When I emailed asking about Pkt 3 they said they will send instructions after they schedule an appointment. ButI had already sent them the POkt 3 earlier with my application. Hope they will use the same and not wake up suddenly and aske me to send P3 again. But I dont like the feeling when they ask me to wait for instructions.

But it seems finally things are moving for all.

BTW : GCard when did they tell you that they got Ur case from US INS. Im wondering why ahvent they scheduled for April interview?

Cheers,
Paul

I dont know yet why they havent scheduled the interview. But per their conversation it takes 2-3 months to schedule an interview. First of all they have to get the Visa# from the DOS which takes some time.

Regards
GCard

is your 824 cleared ?

guys ,

you have said your case number is ready. And you got it.

is it because your 824 was cleared ?
I am also in same boat. My GC is approved and i was married before that and wife is still in india now. I applied 824 in october for follow to join and was just waiting....

but recently found, you can directly send email to chennai consulate and send documents. Did u do that ?
any good response for that ?

what is the procedure you went through till you got your case # ?

paulsimon and others please reply.

ok thanks

bye

hey guys,

It appears as if Chennai has notified a bunch of FTJ applicants about a pending appointment letter recently. We received that letter about 2 weeks back. It seemed to closely match up with the approval of I-824, which was approved 3 weeks back, and not our mailing of packetIII or emails.

I am a bit shocked to hear that it will take as much as 2-3 months to receive the appointment letter. I was hoping for a month or so. Does anyone has experience (grams2 maybe) about how long between the initial letter from the consulate and the appointment letter? And when you receive the appointment letter, how long before the interview? - i am assuming that it will be 1-2 months.

Like many, we have sent our packetIII already..so i am wondering if mailing again helps? or are we supposed to mail them after receiving the appointment letter?

i would appreciate if someone can mail what the appointment letter contains. Thanks in advance for the help.

cheers,
-mh

“Follow-To-Join

Thank you for this discussion on “Follow-To-Joinâ€￾ I have been receiving conflicting advice. It seems some of you might have gone through this ordeal. I need your advice.
I just got married on February 1st 2003 in West Africa. I am a religious worker. I had R1 visa but now I have I-485 application pending.

At the time my organization petition for me, I was single but now I am married. My 1-485 is not approved. I am planning to file form I-824 “Follow-To-Joinâ€￾. Will my wife in the West Africa be approved the same time my application is approved.

Please what documents do I need, what are the advantages and drawbacks for filing I-824 “Follow-To-Joinâ€￾?

Thanks so much for your time

u.s citizen applying immigrant visa for parents

I have filed i-130 for my parents on sep 12 2001. still waiting for approval. this is too much waiting. what can I do ? (other than waiting)

motorhead is right

Even I got an e-mail from chennai with a case number and saying that they have requested with Dept of State for a visa number and after they get it, they will schedule an interview. Also there is a note in that e-mail which says my spouse's interview will be in May!.

I hope they are right, I was easily fooled by all their pervious estimates...lets hope for the best.

Cheers guys, lets enjoy our last few days as bachelors.

Good news for everyone who is going thru FTJ finally !!

Guys who have gone thru the interview process already

Please help us what should we need to do after we get the case number?

should we just wait for consulate to send us the letter ?

Or

Sending packet III to consulate .my concern is since the consulate is not instructing us to send packet III ,sending packet III volunatarily instead of waiting for their instruction makes any delay or issue ?

any help is greatly appreicated from the guys who gone thru it !!

Ht.

how did u all get case number or email ?

hi guys,

I am just new to this process.
So far, i have applied for FTJ only in US. I did 824 filing and receipt date was Oct 24 2002. I am still waiting for the approval as 824 is slow these days and processing only feb 27 2002 as of now.

MEan time, as you all guys said, i send a email to chennai and they replied back telling me to send those 5 documents to me.
and they say that they will check with INS for my LPR.
Is that check is nothing but the 824 ??

Did u guys send all that ? and that is why consulate is sending you emails and case numbers or is it becuase of your 824 which you applied for got approved ?

let me know how you got case number ?

ht102 or tooold to wait, please give me more idea about the procedure...what ever you know , is enough for me to know...

Re: how did u all get case number or email ?

Hi asrini ,

I got my case number with out I 824 approval. I sent those documents by nov 2002. they told me to wait till they verify with INS.They took almost 5 months to create a case for me after I sent documents. FYI I-824 still pending so it is nothing to do with my case creation.

Hope this answers your question but i dont know about others

Good luck

Ht.

Mine is exactly same as what Ht102 said, except that I sent my papers on Aug 2002.

This is what my timeline so far if it helps you.

I-485 approved on Jun 4th 2002
Applied for I-824 - Jun 22nd 2002
Sent the list of documents to Chennai on Aug 22nd 2002
Sent several e-mails regarding the status and it was always...wait for 20 days etc...Big time BS..(probably they never looked at it)
March 24th 2003 got an e-mail from Chennai with the case number.

Hope this helps. (I-824 is not yet approved)

What you guys wrote to the consulate. I applied for I-824 Sep,2002 and waiting for the approval . Can i write directly to Chennai and if so what should be the content of the mail ? Thanks in advance

Asrini/ Ht102

Asrini,

Do not wait for the I-824 approval. What I did in my case is called up the INS Service Center (BCIS where ur case was done) and ask them to look at your file and notify the consulate. Tell them its about your wife's case. While you do this please send attorney notarized docs of all the docs to Chennai.
So that you are approaching this issue from both sides - Asking Chennai to request your LPR stats from US INS and at the same time asking US INS to "notify" the consultate

Ht102 - I think it might be a good idea to send Pkt3 iy u havent done it, as its not going to cause any harm. And like you said we might have to wait now ...2/3/ months maybe. Im curious to see what happens in gcard's case where he sent papers on Feb20th and still hasnt got the April interview, which makes me believe that we should be prepared for delays too.

Cheers,
Paul

P.S. - These are own personal views. Seek professional advice from Lawyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul ,

I checked with Chennai consulate about Do I need to send packet III ?
They said nothing (???) I need to send and just wait for them to schedule an interview and send an appointment letter.

So I am simply waiting hoping for earlier interview date !

Ht.

thanks

paulsimon
ht
gcard
toooldtowait

and all

thanks a lot and i will immediately send those documents to consulate next week. Actuatlly, i dont have original 797 of 485 approval. I changed lawyers for 824 and old lawyer is so crazy for money who may not give attorney certified copies. So just waiting to see if new lawyer can give ? or else, have to send just that form without being notarized.

thanks a lot guys for letting me know about this.
hmmm i wasted 5 months , otherwise i would have applied in october itself and i would be in same status like you guys !

hopefully, things will go fine from now on....

i will keep you posted.

bye for now

not clear to me

Hi,

I've been reading this forum and most of you guys are from India so there are some things that are not clear to me since I'm from Philippines. I filed my I-485 last Nov 2001 and until now no result yet. I got married last year June 2002 in my home country and hoping that my husband will join me here via follow to join process.
Based on what I've gathered in this forum, I'm qualified for follow to join since I didn't have my approval yet (or GC) before marriage.

My questions are:
1) Once I get my approval and show for stamping, I have to file I-824 and show our marriage certificate right? Aside from this 2 docs, are there any more docs to show them ie. both our passports, birth certificates, my employment letter, etc. ??

2) Do I have to wait for the I-824 approval before I can send the packet 3 to our consulate in Manila Philippines? Can I just use the receipt notice and not wait for the approval reciept? note: Approval takes months especially the current waiting time is still 02/27/02.

3) By the way, Am I really the one sending the Packet 3 or INS itself to consulate in Philippines?

Can anyone Please help me to understand the real process? I'm currently pregnant and besides having friends here, I'm truly hoping my husband can join me here especially my current situation.

God bless.
hope

I applied for I-824 in Nov 2002 , eventhough the receipt said it takes 60 to 90 days, havnt heard anything from INS. My lawyer said consulate wont accept if i send the documnets directly to them. Finally i wrote an email to CHennai consulate, they asked me to send few notorized docs, including aplicants birth certificate. Now i have a doubt. Is the GC holder is the applicant or the person going to "follow" ? It also said its taking 5 to 6 months to process it .

applicant birth certif

i assumed that it is wife's birth certificate.
in that case, applicant is not you.

principal applicant is you. so you got to send ur spouse birth certificate along with other docs.

let me know, if you found some other answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.