Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Could someone please help me with a query?

I have a valid ten-year B1/B2 visa for the US (I’m an Indian national) and have used it once before for a 3 week visit in April 2014 to visit my boyfriend. He and I then got married in India in August 2014 while he was on H1B. Our plan was always to apply for a follow to join, since I have work commitments in India and could not have traveled easily at that point. But we were advised by our attorney to try and obtain an H4 for me as a follow to join may take a long time, and we still had a small window, since his date was current but his green card hadn't come through yet. I applied for an H4 visa in September 2014, but he got his green card approved three hours before my H4 visa interview. Therefore I was denied the visa and told it was without prejudice by the VO and that I was entitled to use my B1/B2 to visit him. However, we would now like to apply for the follow to join for me, as per our original plan. My question is: will I still be able to visit the USA for a short period using my B1/B2 visa with a denied H4 and a pending i824? I continue to maintain my full time job and residence in India and would be visiting for a short period of four-six weeks and I will be able to furnish proof of all this.

Thank you

My wife is 2014 lottery winner and she has got her visa on sep 06,2014 but i got administrative processing and due to ending of September 2014 i could not be success to get my visa.

My wife is in USA right now and she wanna apply for me to bring me there.As I have have read in some websites, if we were married before getting visa ( we got married 2 years before she get visa ) we can apply via form I-824 and no need to send form I-130 and wait for visa numbers to be available.

I will be grateful if you respond me that can my wife apply for me via form I-824 to do the process quicker or not ?And if we can how?
Please make me clear cause this issue made a huge confusion on my mind.

Hello everyone. My wife won the DV2022 and I was added as a derivative after we got married but I was not able to attend the interview as we got the interview appointment at short notice and I wasn't able to get leave from my workplace (interview was in our home country).

She got her visa issued and has entered the US and now back where we live. Can we use the I-184 form instead of the F2A visa? We want to move together maybe by April or so.
Please help as we want to move as soon as possible together ❤️.

@Sm1smom sorry i know you don't like tags but this thread has been dead for sometime. @SusieQQQ

Last edited:
Hello everyone. My wife won the DV2022 and I was added as a derivative after we got married but I was not able to attend the interview as we got the interview appointment at short notice and I wasn't able to get leave from my workplace (interview was in our home country).

She got her visa issued and has entered the US and now back where we live. Can we use the I-184 form instead of the F2A visa? We want to move together maybe by April or so.
Please help as we want to move as soon as possible together ❤️.

@Sm1smom sorry i know you don't like tags but this thread has been dead for sometime. @SusieQQQ
You’re right, this is a dead thread. So start you own new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.