Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
sukhish said:
There is no sample for police certificate ,
you just have to go to your local police office to get one and also you have to get
from your passport office .

anyway my wife has received her passport as well.

I-134 is only required not I-864.

thanks
Sukhjinder
Was your I-824 approved?

need help or advice...

Dear webmaster..
i got approval notice i797 c, about my case i130,Approved in may 12 2005, in my notice showing about this approved will be sent to my conutry, but i'm already in U.S since 6 july 04, with Visa B2 visitor..so i already called USCIS..and they told me to call national visa centre for next step..so i just want need more any advice for any one who have experience about this. i think i must filled i485 is that right? and when after i came to US i was filled I765 and i 539, and until now not issued yet, but my i130 approved. so any advice? please help me...

sukhish said:
All,

My wife will be comming here soon ( U.S ) as you know that she has got the
FTJ visa.

do you guys think that I should go to india and get her or she can come by herself,
I mean will there be any problem at the immigration if I'am not there.

Because this will be the first time she will be comming from india .
the think is I just don't want to go for a small vaccation to india just to get her
if hse can come by herself

please share your ideas.

thanks
Sukhjinder

Looks like she was able to get through immigration process at consulate on her own.

I think she should bs OK as long as you explain her the process. Let her know that she needs to carry passport (with immigrant visa) and packet (given by US consulate) with her (not in the checked luggage). And explain her the process at POE like (custom forms, passport stamping etc.)

c4kw3 said:
Dear webmaster..
i got approval notice i797 c, about my case i130,Approved in may 12 2005, in my notice showing about this approved will be sent to my conutry, but i'm already in U.S since 6 july 04, with Visa B2 visitor..so i already called USCIS..and they told me to call national visa centre for next step..so i just want need more any advice for any one who have experience about this. i think i must filled i485 is that right? and when after i came to US i was filled I765 and i 539, and until now not issued yet, but my i130 approved. so any advice? please help me...

Please provide your category?

You may have to check visa number (PD) before you file I-485.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marriage Registration Date -- Sukhish & Others

Hello Sukhish & Others,
My marriage date is Sept 19, 2004; GC Approval Date is Oct 6, 2004;
I could only register my marriage in Mar 2005 due to some missing documents like my birth certificate. Marriage certificate says "married on Sept 19, 2004 and registered on Mar ..,2005".
Do you know if the Consulate folks create an issue if marriage registration date is after GC Approval date?
Please share any info that you may have..I will be most grateful!!
Praveen

paras2 said:
Hello Sukhish & Others,
My marriage date is Sept 19, 2004; GC Approval Date is Oct 6, 2004;
I could only register my marriage in Mar 2005 due to some missing documents like my birth certificate. Marriage certificate says "married on Sept 19, 2004 and registered on Mar ..,2005".
Do you know if the Consulate folks create an issue if marriage registration date is after GC Approval date?
Please share any info that you may have..I will be most grateful!!
Praveen
I sent u PM.

sukhish said:
Could you please explain , as to what do they do at the
port of entry when new immigrants arrive with immigrant visas.

could please shed some light on that.
I mean my wife did not have any problem at the interview process.
So I hope this should be simpler.

I would appreciate if you can shed some lite in this regard.

thanks
Sukhjinder

We arrived in March 2005. I came along with wife (FTJ case) at JFK airport (New York).

First of all, there is no need to fill I-94, just do custom forms.

Once you are out of plane, follow sign for immigration check. There is no separate section for new immigrants (LPR) at JFK. All the new immigrants were required to go in the line listed for LPR/Citizen(s). Other POE usually has counter(s) to help/process new immigrants (LPR). At JFK, once you are at the counter, submit your passport and the packet (given by US Consulate). They will open your packet and do some paperwork. Once they are through, you will be asked to wait in the waiting area. Wait time depends upon # of new immigrants. Finally they will call you for FP. New immigrants are required to go through FP process at the airport itself.

After FP, you will get your custom form back with an immigration stamp on it. Follow the sign to collect your baggage and then walk towards custom area. Surrender your form at the custom counter/gate and that's it. You are done.

You will receive social security card (if you have opted for that in DS form) and welcome letter (from USCIS) within 15 days. Welcome card will contain case # and that you can use to track the plastic card.

I-824

Hi There,

I have been reading most of the post here regarding following-to-join benefit.
Question,I became a permanent resident on February 1,2005,under the eb 3
category.My attorney filed my I-824 before my I140 and I-485 approve.So after my approval of I-485,I called customer to check on status of my I-824
because the processing date was way beyond my receipt date,The customer service take a referal and said,"We will notice you in mail within 30 days."
However,after 30 day nothing happen and again I make a couple of enquiries.Finally,One officer told me that I have filed my I-824 prematurely and advice me to re file again.According to this officer that my first I-824 will be sitting there because nothing to base on.So I file again yesterday myself.
I also tried yesterday to e mail Consulate officer in my country to see if I can do it by sending all the approval notice to them.Unfortunetly,they reply was;Pls inform U.S immigration regarding following-to-join so they can advise you what to :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: do next.I guess I.m stuck.
Anybody pls shed some light here.

Thanks,

sukhish said:
thanks a lot.

one more question.
I will be waiting for my wife at the terminal ,
after her custom is done if she comes straight where will it lead her to ,
will it lead her to the passenger pick area or transportation area.

I mean after customs clearence does she has to come straight or take some
elevator's or something like that.

I mean I have told her to come straight from the custom gate , I would like to know
where will it lead her to. So that I can wait at the appropriate area.

thanks
Sukhjinder

At JKF (Terminal-4) you don't need to take elevator/stairs to come out after custom clearance. Just tell her to follow the sign for "Public Transport/Taxi". She will be coming out in the middle section of arrival hall.

You will see a lot of people waiting there for their loved (or not so loved... ;) ) ones.

sinyoke said:
Hi There,

category.My attorney filed my I-824 before my I140 and I-485 approve.So after my approval of I-485,I called customer to check on status of my I-824
because the processing date was way beyond my receipt date,The customer service take a referal and said,"We will notice you in mail within 30 days."
However,after 30 day nothing happen and again I make a couple of enquiries.Finally,One officer told me that I have filed my I-824 prematurely and advice me to re file again.According to this officer that my first I-824 will be sitting there because nothing to base on.So I file again yesterday myself.
I also tried yesterday to e mail Consulate officer in my country to see if I can do it by sending all the approval notice to them.Unfortunetly,they reply was;Pls inform U.S immigration regarding following-to-join so they can advise you what to :mad: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: do next.I guess I.m stuck.

Thanks,

Usually consulate are OK with I-485 approval and green card.

But in case they insist on I-824, I would suggest you to send a letter with copy of documents (I-824, I-485 and Green card) and ask USCIS to process your first case.

sinyoke said:
Hi There,
category.My attorney filed my I-824 .......................................................................
next.I guess I.m stuck.
Thanks,

I believe u are not stuck, few more threads who tried this sending 824 without understanding what 824 is.

824 is also called 'Duplicate Approval Notice / Action on approved Notice"

Only moran attorney can advise or file 824 before approval thinking that when USCIS would be working they would have been approved. and I believe USCIS don't appreciate this technique. I learned even ppl got approval and the 824 file was opened after, the simply denied.

All is needed to file again which u already refiled with proof of approval notice of 485 copy. and seperate paper of spouse/family info for FTJ.

As u are reading more thread in some country 824 approval is not required to start FTJ on consulate side. some consulate do accept and start FTJ cases by intiating case no after they recieve proof of doc (check previous threads for list of docs).

Thats all. so U have option, when u get 824 receipt u can follow what others are doing or wait for 824 approval.

btw which consulate will followup ur FTJ case ? (ur home country?)

Good Luck

sukhish said:
i wonder that may be we should wirite some book on this .

"complete end to end solutions for FTJ process".
Sukhjinder

How about 'FTJ for Dummies creature (Husbands)' :D

u most welcome, all I can offer is free graphics for coverpage and chapters :D

Good Luck

How to get the Police clearance certificate

sukhish said:
There is no sample for police certificate ,
you just have to go to your local police office to get one and also you have to get
from your passport office .

anyway my wife has received her passport as well.

I-134 is only required not I-864.

thanks
Sukhjinder

Hello

I am planning to file FTJ for my wife. I am still struggling with the bearucratic indian sub-registrar to get her "No entry found in the register" for her birth. Its been 4 months now. Any body know any better ways to expedite this?

Also, since this process is taking longer, I am worried about the remaining documents. How to get the police clearance certificate? She has to get it from 3 different places:

1. From passport office,
2. Her current residence (Is this the current village or district head quarters)? and
3. From the pondycherry where she was studying. How to get it from pondycherry since she is not living there right now. Do we have to make a personal visit to pondicherry (which is about 10 hours travel from her home town)? Or is there a way where we can get the pcc via post? If personal visit is the only option, can we get it in the same day or do we need to make multiple trips?

How long it usually takes to get the PCC and how much does it cost? It seems officers are making hell lot of troubles and delays before they give out any certificates! Please help guys.

I appreciate all your help guys. I am so much frustrated about collecting so many documents!

Thanks a lot for your help.
Ansi!

sukhish said:
Hi,
even I had the same case , I think the marriage date should be before the green card date ,rest should be okey , marriage registration date could be anything , lot of people
don't register their marriage at the time of marriage.

it should be okey in my opninion.

thanks
Sukhjinder

thanks for the info Sukhish..

Sukhish & Others

Hi ,
I have recently applied for the I-824. Sukhish, congrats , i have been following you from the beginning. I come under chennai consulate, do they need I 824 approval or they accept the notorized copies . Has anyone gone this process in chennai consulate..

Thanks

Yes, you are right. For I-730, you have to be married the day you were admitted as refugee.

Looks like you need to wait till you get your GC and then file for your spouse under family category.

nasrmobin said:
Thanks for your Answer, but I have to say, that Form ( I-730) is for people who got married before getting their refugee status, but in my case it does not working because I got married after that, so not working,
Please help if Any body else knows some information.

Regards,

Nas

This question is already answered on page 84.

Check following post by "rajinca"
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1148567&postcount=1257

FTJ05 said:
Hi ,
I have recently applied for the I-824. Sukhish, congrats , i have been following you from the beginning. I come under chennai consulate, do they need I 824 approval or they accept the notorized copies . Has anyone gone this process in chennai consulate..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.