Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need Advice

Hey Guys...
Entered US in Jan 2001 on a B1/B2 Visa and then did COS to an L1-A been on L1-A almost 4 years now... was married before i came here....
Now i want to bring my wife here on L2...
Do i let her appear on an L2... or wait for my 1-485 and then do the Following to Join.... if she appears on an L2 would the consulate ask her why does she wane join me now after 4 years??...... If they are not convinced would they issue a 221g.....

So do i just wait for 485 Approval and then FTJ or go ahead with the L2...

Any advice would help

Thanks
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can not apply FTJ without I-824

yzhang1972 said:
Thanks to all the responses.
I have sent a fax message with the Note to the consulate in Turkey, although by myself. We are waiting to see the positive result. I will keep everyone here update.

Dear all, here is the response I got back from consulate in Turkey for my husband's FTJ. Although I have sent them the Note from DOS showing there is no need of approval of I-824, it seems did not work. Any suggestion?

Please be advised that after reviewing our records, it was determined that we have no record for your spouse, Mr. Mehmet Daskiran. As office policy, to prevent fraud in following-to-join cases we request that applicants provide the Form I-824 if/when we have no record of principal applicants or their following-to-join derivative applicants, and only process the cases for which we have a complete record. At this point we suggest you contact the CIS office in the United States where the adjustment of status application was processed and have them submit the notification of your spouse's following-to-join status. Once we receive the notification from the CIS, we will be able to process his case and will send further instructions to your address for applying for the immigrant visa.

We are sorry that our response could not be more positive. Nonetheless, I hope that this information will be helpful to you.

Sincerely,
IV Unit

Hi All,

I'm new to this form.

My 485 got approved early this month and got married (Feb 05) before the approval. But my wife could not join me before the approval so now I want to get her here through follow to join method.

I want to file I-824 some time this week and want to file it myself (without lawyer's help). What do you guys recommend?

I have few questions about 824 form.

Please check item#3 of part#3 in 824 form. What should print there? Is it my information or my wife's? Please let me know.

Also check item# 2 of Part#3, for Current/Most Recent Immigration Status column I printed H1B. Is it correct? And what should I type for "Naturalization/Citizenship" certificate number column.

Do I need to submit 485 application, when I file 824?

I would appreciate any help with these questions.

Thanks
NJBLUE

Thank you very much Sukhish.

Do I need to submit copy of my 485 application along with 824?

I have one more question. Do I need to attach covering letter along with my 824.
If any one has the sample format, could you please post it here.

Thanks
NJBLUE

Thanks Sukhish. I really appreciate your help.

I'm from India (South). I'm planning to do this with out a lawyer. Do you think is it good idea.

Thanks

nyte_crawler said:
Can i use the follow to join process if iam unemployed and my GC is through employment based ?
You need employer letter for affadavit of support and that is needed during interview stage i.e 2-3 month after you start the process.

Hi Sukhish

Do you have a sample covering letter to send the documents to consulate to start FTJ? Could you please post it here, if you have one.

Thanks

rajinca said:
You need employer letter for affadavit of support and that is needed during interview stage i.e 2-3 month after you start the process.

Lets say that my spouse is working in US, would i still need to be employed to get her the greencard through follow to join process ? Also do they have any time limit to apply for follow to join process after someone gets the greencard ?

Hi Sukhish

Thank you very much for quick response. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again.

sukhish said:
Sample cover letter ,

To
IMMIGRANT VISA SECTION,
American embassy,
shanti path,
chanakaya puri,
new delhi ( don't no the ZIP )

Subject : Following-to-join benifit for my spouse.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I bacame permanent resident of the U.S on ( "put date" ) ,I got my permanent residency
through employment category , I would like to apply for the following-to-join
benifit for my spouse, since we were married prior to my permanent residency.

Please find the enclosed document

1) Notorized copy of I-824 receipt.
2) Notorized copy of I-485 adjustment.
3) notorized copy all pages of passport
4) copy of marriage certificate
5) copy of birth certificate of my spouse.

MY soupse's local addres in india is .

"HIS/HER NAME"
"REST OF THE ADDRESS"

thank you,
your's sincerely
ABC

Date :

gurus please please help

Guys,
I filed for my i485 on jan 26th, 2005. I was on H1B. Went to India and got married on Feb 18th. Was planning to travel on May 13th to get my wife back. She did not have a valid Indian passport by that time and so she filed at that time and also due to non availability of appointments at US embassy, I was planning to get her by May end. And then get her onto my 485 asap.
Unfortunately online message says that 485 was approved on May 12th. Now I am in a limbo state and reading the forums, i get a sense that i can use FTJ. What can I do now ? I don't have all documents in hand to file for I-824. I am from India and would have to deal with the chennai consulate. Please please can someone help...Would greatly appreciate it..

Thanks

calerius said:
Guys,
I filed for my i485 on jan 26th, 2005. I was on H1B. Went to India and got married on Feb 18th. Was planning to travel on May 13th to get my wife back. She did not have a valid Indian passport by that time and so she filed at that time and also due to non availability of appointments at US embassy, I was planning to get her by May end. And then get her onto my 485 asap.
Unfortunately online message says that 485 was approved on May 12th. Now I am in a limbo state and reading the forums, i get a sense that i can use FTJ. What can I do now ? I don't have all documents in hand to file for I-824. I am from India and would have to deal with the chennai consulate. Please please can someone help...Would greatly appreciate it..

Thanks
For Chennai, you have no need to file I-824. Collect all the documents as discussed before on this forum and she will be here soon :)

Rajinca,
You seem to be knowledgeable about this process. Please can you help me with what are the documets I need to collect? Do I need to file I-824 or there is something else I need to do to quicken this thing. Someone mentioned I don't need an approved I-824. It would be great if you could point me in some direction.

Thank you

packet 4

sukhish said:
All,
My wife has received Packet 4, her interview is on 17 May,
could anybody tell me as to what documents to send from here( from my side ).

thanks
Sukhjinder

Is this interview for Chennai or any other consulate?

calerius said:
Rajinca,
You seem to be knowledgeable about this process. Please can you help me with what are the documets I need to collect? Do I need to file I-824 or there is something else I need to do to quicken this thing. Someone mentioned I don't need an approved I-824. It would be great if you could point me in some direction.

Thank you
Pls refer to mail# 1233 for list of complete documents
and 1252 for opening the case.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=96693&page=83&pp=15

Hi Sukhish

Congratulations !!

Can you post the details (time line) of your wife's case ,

Thanks again for all your help. Your advises and experience is really very helpful to people like us who started the process recently.

Visas Badger/Visas Sixty-Seven Procedure

yzhang1972 said:
Dear all, here is the response I got back from consulate in Turkey for my husband's FTJ. Although I have sent them the Note from DOS showing there is no need of approval of I-824, it seems did not work. Any suggestion?

Please be advised that after reviewing our records, it was determined that we have no record for your spouse, Mr. Mehmet Daskiran. As office policy, to prevent fraud in following-to-join cases we request that applicants provide the Form I-824 if/when we have no record of principal applicants or their following-to-join derivative applicants, and only process the cases for which we have a complete record. At this point we suggest you contact the CIS office in the United States where the adjustment of status application was processed and have them submit the notification of your spouse's following-to-join status. Once we receive the notification from the CIS, we will be able to process his case and will send further instructions to your address for applying for the immigrant visa.

We are sorry that our response could not be more positive. Nonetheless, I hope that this information will be helpful to you.

Sincerely,
IV Unit

I'm in the same situation as I just got word
from the US Consulate in Guangzhou (China) that
they need notification from CIS (Vermont) on
the approval of I-824. They wouldn't accept
my copies of I-485 approvals, and even my
Green Card copy.

So, I'm planning to call them and talk
and then send over documentation about
VISAS BADGER/VISAS SIXTY-SEVEN -- which
is a better and faster alternative.

see http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/0942042PN.PDF
and http://www.immigration.com/newsletter1/dosliasonmet.html

Thanks again Sukish.

I have few questions please help.

Do you have a sample format of police certificate?
We have to file I-134 and not I-864 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.