Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick quesiton, ppl who filled out 824

What do write in all fields mailing address.? (if address is same)

Mailing Address: (Street Address)
Same As Above ................................. (? or None)

C/o
?

Apt

City ........? State........? zip.......? country....... ?

Do u write 'None' ? or leave empty the fields?

wouldn't it be great if someone post/attached a sample form with fake name.
that may help ppl who are filling themself

Thanks

Marriage Registration Date -- Paras2, rajinca

Guys,
I believe this has been asked quite a few times on this portal. I did get married in Feb, got gc approved in May, got marriage registration in May. There were quite a few reasons for this. There was hardly any time for me to register the marriage in Feb. Apprantely they would require a residence certificate etc., for that and I had to postpone it. When I went down in May, I had to get the residence certificate and then get the marriage registered.
So my question is does the consulate ask any other additional info or questions on this. It would really nice of you if you could share your experience, as I am planning to file a FTJ for my wife.

Thanks
Praveen

calerius said:
Guys,
I believe this has been asked quite a few times on this portal. I did get married in Feb, got gc approved in May, got marriage registration in May. There were quite a few reasons for this. There was hardly any time for me to register the marriage in Feb. Apprantely they would require a residence certificate etc., for that and I had to postpone it. When I went down in May, I had to get the residence certificate and then get the marriage registered.
So my question is does the consulate ask any other additional info or questions on this. It would really nice of you if you could share your experience, as I am planning to file a FTJ for my wife.

Thanks
Praveen

Would u share where marriaged occured? here in US or home country?

btw I didn't see any issue ppl get married few week ago before approval and had no issue,

What law says is if u marriage before ur apporval of 485, if u can prove it . u have no issue for FTJ .

Good Luck

Hi POJ,
I got married in Febraury in India. Got married on Feb 17th, travelled back on Feb 21st. Couldn't register as no residence certificate was there for registration. I went on vacation for 3 weeks in Feb. Now I am trying to search for my flight tickets during that time, but what kind of other proof do I need to submit to strengthen my case.
I tried to get my wife back on H4 in May and I travelled back to do that and got the marriage registered at that time. While I was away I got my GC approved and that was the reason, I had to leave her back. Based on these facts what do u say ?

-Praveen

824 approved and case number

Hi friends,
1824 submitted (Follow to join for my wife) and it got approved from vermont. and USCIS message says we have notified chennai consulate about ur status has been adjusted.When i called chennai, they are telling that we have not recived any info from USCIS.They asked me to send an email to intiate a foillow to join for my wife and said after that they will create a case number. Since 824 notification is getting delayed.Could u tell me what does it mean? Please some one advise before i send aemail to chennai
Thanks alot ....

Hi Rm101,
Can you tell me what is your received date and approval date?
I have filed I824 on the Dec.8,2003,till today no approval yet.Made inquiri and received reply from USCIS saying they are facing a huge back log.
Thanks

I-824 Approved in 19 Days From TSC

Well My dad's 485 got Approved in Dec 2004. and i filed the I-824 from Texas Service center on May 12th 2005 (Recept Date)... and i got Approved on May 31st 2005...

So thats 19 Days... the approval says We have notified the consulate listed above that the applicant's Status has been adjusted to that of Lawful permant resident.

:)

Salimj said:
Well My dad's 485 got Approved in Dec 2004. and i filed the I-824 from Texas Service center on May 12th 2005 (Recept Date)... and i got Approved on May 31st 2005...

So thats 19 Days... the approval says We have notified the consulate listed above that the applicant's Status has been adjusted to that of Lawful permant resident.

Wowwwwwww, at TSC>???? than wowwwww again :D

ur father case must be lucky one.

Good Luck,

---------------------

What did u write in all fields mailing address.? (if address is same)

Mailing Address: (Street Address)
Same As Above ................................. (? or None)

C/o
?

Apt

City ........? State........? zip.......? country....... ?

Do u write 'None' ? or leave empty the fields?

wouldn't it be great if someone post/attached a sample form with fake name.
that may help ppl who are filling themself

Thanks

Good Luck

calerius said:
Hi POJ,
I got married in Febraury in India. Got married on Feb 17th, travelled back on Feb 21st. Couldn't register as no residence certificate was there for registration. I went on vacation for 3 weeks in Feb. Now I am trying to search for my flight tickets during that time, but what kind of other proof do I need to submit to strengthen my case.
I tried to get my wife back on H4 in May and I travelled back to do that and got the marriage registered at that time. While I was away I got my GC approved and that was the reason, I had to leave her back. Based on these facts what do u say ?

-Praveen

Your position is very clear, and I didn't see any difficulty, Get certificate that do state the date when marriage occured (which is impt), Your photos+ wedding cards, + marriage video, + ur travel doc would verify that u did get married there.

Abs don't worry and go ahead to start FTJ procedure with confidence, they wouldn't be asking or giving u any trouble to u.
also not sure but when u travel on H1 do u get I-94? or any travel doc u used when u were there? as u say u are trying to find ticket. If u got ticket from travel agent he might hay copy of it. but in my und its not necessary just for ur own peace in mind. marriage occured date in marriage certificate is important doc.

Good LUck

sinyoke said:
Hi Rm101,
Can you tell me what is your received date and approval date?
I have filed I824 on the Dec.8,2003,till today no approval yet.Made inquiri and received reply from USCIS saying they are facing a huge back log.
Thanks

Hi sinyoke,
I applied on feb 28th 2005 and recived approval on may 2005 .824's should not take more than 2,3 months to get approved.
Thanks,
RM

follow to join

Prince of Jungle or others who have similar experience.
I was working here in H1B. I got married in pakistan in 2003. My 485 got approved in Feb 2005 and at the same time 824 for my wife got approved as well stating that the US consulate has been informed about the change in status. Its about 4 months now that the case is approved but US embassy says they dont have any information from USCIS. I wrote a letter to USCIS but no response yet.
Does anyone has any idea how much the whole process will take and what are the steps involved and is there a way to expedite it. I also sent the copies of the approval notices with wifes birth certificate, my passport stamp to US embassy in pakistan. Hoping for good but dont know.
Could you please elaborate the whole process and let me know what I need to be done on my part.

Thanks.

kamrans said:
I was working here in H1B. I got married in pakistan in 2003. My 485 got approved in Feb 2005 and at the same time 824 for my wife got approved as well stating that the US consulate has been informed about the change in status. Its about 4 months now that the case is approved but US embassy says they dont have any information from USCIS. I wrote a letter to USCIS but no response yet.
Does anyone has any idea how much the whole process will take and what are the steps involved and is there a way to expedite it. I also sent the copies of the approval notices with wifes birth certificate, my passport stamp to US embassy in pakistan. Hoping for good but dont know.
Could you please elaborate the whole process and let me know what I need to be done on my part.

Thanks.

Kamrans,
This is very common in FTJ cases. Call ur US consualte in pakistan and ask them what to do next .A per as my understanding, u dont need any 824 aproval.Call and ask fornext steps/

I-824 Sample Form

Part 1 : Information about you: (person filing This application)

Family Name: XYZ
Given Name: Salim
Company Or Organization Name: I left It Blank
Home Address : 101 India Street Apt # 410
City : Houston
State :texas
Zip: 10001

Mailing Address
Mailing Address :101 India Street Apt # 410
C/o (in CAre of) I left It Blank
State :Texas

Day Time Phone Number : 718-000-0000
Country of Birth : India
Country Of Citizenship : India

DAte Of Birth : 1/01/1979

IRS Tax # (if Any): I left It Blank
A #: A12345678
U.S Social Security : 123-45-6789

Part 2: Reason for Request (Check One)

I am Requestion: (Check One Box)

Option "C" : The CIS to notify a U.S Consulate that my status has been adjusted to permanant resident. Please notift the U.S Consulate at:
Mumbai, India

Part 3: Additional Information (Next Page)
1. Give the Following information about the orignal petition or application:

Type of Petition or Application (Form Name)
Type :I-485

Receipt Number ( On form i-797, Notice of Action)

Type :SRC-00-000-00000(Your 485 Receipt Number)

Filing Date of Petition or Application (mm/dd/yyyy)

Type : 11/29/2002 (Your Recipt Date of I-485)

Approval Date (mm/dd/yyyy)

Type: 11/24/2004 (Your Approval Date of I-485)

2. Give the following Information about the petitioner or applicant for the orignal petition or application.

Current/Most Recent Immigration Status:
Type : Permant Resident

Naturalization/Citizenship CErtificate Number
Type: N/A

3. Give the Following information about the principal benificary of the orignal petition or application.

Family Name: XYZ
Given Name: Salim

Date Of Birth: 1/01/1979
County Of Birth :India
A #: A12345678

Home Address : 101 India Street Apt # 410
State :texas

Mailing Address: I left It Blank (Dint even write N/A)

DAytime Phone: 718-000-0000

Part 4: Signature:

Sign Daytime Phone: 718-000-0000 Date 06/11/05

Rest Leave it Blank

Note: I did add an additional sheet along with this Form of my Brother Info for who my dad is doing the Following to Join

Type info like this on an Additional Sheet

Last Name: XYZ
Given Name : Sheizad
Date of Birth: 01/01/1985

------------------------------------------------------------------

Filied i-824 On May 12th 2005 From Texas Service CEnter
Got I-824 Approval on May 31st 2005

Hope This Helps

If any one has any questions feel free to ask

Salim

Last edited by a moderator:
DS230 Question

Hello

I have a question about DS230. They have asked to print the name in native alphabet. Does it mean we should write the name hindi or native language?

Thanks

Native Language on DS230

NJBLUE said:
Hello

I have a question about DS230. They have asked to print the name in native alphabet. Does it mean we should write the name hindi or native language?

Thanks

Yes, it must be your native language (mother tougue).
In your case, Hindi.

kamrans said:

Thanks.

Plz share us about this,

>>> at the same time 824 for my wife got approved as well stating that the
>>> US consulate has been informed about the change in status.

Are u saying that you filed 824 before 485 and when G.C got approval u also received 824 approval saying that??????

Did u try to call Islamabad Embassy and asked them case No?

I also sent an pvt-msg to u, check it out.

Good Luck

EB3 Retrogression Question & FTJ: rm101 and others

Hello Folks,
Does EB3 Retrogression affect FTJ process for the spouse in any way?
Thanks in advance,
paras2

rm101 said:
Hi sinyoke,
I applied on feb 28th 2005 and recived approval on may 2005 .824's should not take more than 2,3 months to get approved.
Thanks,
RM

Priority dates

Primary applicants priority date will be applied to FTJ case.If ur PD is around 2002 may/june they can process ur case immediately.
RM101

Status
Not open for further replies.