Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: Got spouse passport in mail today.

Timeline:

I-485 applied (Myself): May 2003 with PD July 2002, EB2
I-485 approval (Myself): Oct 2004
PP Stamping: Nov 2004
Greed Card RD: Jan 2005
Papers submitted to N Delhi Consulate: Jan 13, 2005
Interview date: Mar 10, 2005
Passport Back from Consulate: Mar 15, 2005

PS: We never got any letter back from consulate after submitting papers in Jan 2005. I was in India and decided to visit consulate on Feb 28, 2005 to make sure they got papers through mail. Enquiry at consulate told me that case number has been assigned and interview date is fixed for March 2005. They gave me copy of appointment letter and packet-IV during that visit.

usnycus said:
Update:

usnycus said:
Update:

New Delhi Consulate scheduled interview for 10 Mar.

Spouse case approved by New Delhi Consulate on 10 Mar. I will post details once I am back in US.

Thanks to all the members who participated in this thread for their valuable input.

usnycus said:

Timeline:

PS: We never got any letter back from consulate after submitting papers in Jan 2005. I was in India and decided to visit consulate on Feb 28, 2005 to make sure they got papers through mail. Enquiry at consulate told me that case number has been assigned and interview date is fixed for March 2005. They gave me copy of appointment letter and packet-IV during that visit.
Can you post the details about interview?

rajinca said:
usnycus said:

Timeline:

Can you post the details about interview?

Interview Details:

Interview was at 10 AM and we arrived at US consulate gate around 9:30AM. There were handful of people at the entrance and after looking at the appointment letter, we were allowed to enter right away. At the gate we had to go through metal detector and surrender our mobile phone. As soon as we entered into the main hall, one Indian guy working for consulate asked us for reason of our visit. He took the appointment letter and instructed us to have a seat. There were around 50 seats and we occupied one.

After 15 minutes my wife name was announced and we went to window 15. There was a Indian guy at that counter and we gave him newly filled DS forms, photograph, DD for IRS 16720, marriage certificate, police certificate, medical report and Birth certificate of my wife. After going through papers he asked me for affidavit of support and I told him that it was submitted along with other papers in Jan 2005 and I have a copy if he still wants to see. Officer opened one file, took affidavit of support out and stapled that along with new form. He also took W2, payslips and 1040 out of file and attached to newly submitted form. He gave us a slip and instructed us to take DD and pay the immigrant visa fees at counter 7 and submit back receipt at the same counter i.e 15. After paying fees we submitted receipt back at counter 15 and we were told to sit in the waiting area.

After almost hour and a half my wife name was announced again and we went to window 16. One Indian lady was conducting interview there. She asked me, "who are you” and “why are you here". I politely responded that I am here for my wife immigrant visa (FTJ) interview. She informed me that I can't be there while she is going through the process with my wife. I took a seat and requested her to call me incase any paper work is required as my wife is not aware of all the documents.

When I was sitting in the waiting area, they asked couple of questions to my wife like what's your marriage date, what is your husband line of work, how you met your husband, where was the marriage ceremony etc. After few minutes officer at the window 16 announced my name and I went to the counter. She asked me few questions like when was the GC applied, approval date, marriage date, status at the time of submitting the GC papers, current employer etc. She also wanted to have a look at my green card. After looking at the screen for few minutes she started writing on the forms and announced that the immigrant visa is approved and gave us a slip so that we can pay courier fees (IRS 441). We paid the fees, got the receipt/instructions, collected our mobile phone and were out of consulate in another 10 minutes.

Passport along with a packet came in mail on 15 March.

Last edited by a moderator:
usnycus said:
Interview Details:

Interview was at 10 AM and we arrived at US consulate gate around 9:30AM. There were handful of people at the entrance and after looking at the appointment letter, we were allowed to enter right away. At the gate we had to go through metal detector and surrender our mobile phone. As soon as we entered into the main hall, one Indian guy working for consulate asked us for reason of our visit. He took the appointment letter and instructed us to have a seat. There were around 50 seats and we occupied one.

After 15 minutes my wife name was announced and we went to window 15. There was a Indian guy at that counter and we gave him newly filled DS forms, photograph, DD for IRS 16720, marriage certificate, police certificate, medical report and Birth certificate of my wife. After going through papers he asked me for affidavit of support and I told him that it was submitted along with other papers in Jan 2005 and I have a copy if he still wants to see. Officer opened one file, took affidavit of support out and stapled that along with new form. He also took W2, payslips and 1040 out of file and attached to newly submitted form. He gave us a slip and instructed us to take DD and pay the immigrant visa fees at counter 7 and submit back receipt at the same counter i.e 15. After paying fees we submitted receipt back at counter 15 and we were told to sit in the waiting area.

After almost hour and a half my wife name was announced again and we went to window 16. One Indian lady was conducting interview there. She asked me, "who are you” and “why are you here". I politely responded that I am here for my wife immigrant visa (FTJ) interview. She informed me that I can't be there while she is going through the process with my wife. I took a seat and requested her to call me incase any paper work is required as my wife is not aware of all the documents.

When I was sitting in the waiting area, they asked couple of questions to my wife like what's your marriage date, what is your husband line of work, how you met your husband, where was the marriage ceremony etc. After few minutes officer at the window 16 announced my name and I went to the counter. She asked me few questions like when was the GC applied, approval date, marriage date, status at the time of submitting the GC papers, current employer etc. She also wanted to have a look at my green card. After looking at the screen for few minutes she started writing on the forms and announced that the immigrant visa is approved and gave us a slip so that we can pay courier fees (IRS 441). We paid the fees, got the receipt/instructions, collected our mobile phone and were out of consulate in another 10 minutes.

Passport along with a packet came in mail on 15 March.
Thanks for the info.

Which Doctor you chose for medical exams?

Have you filed I-134 or I-864?

Follow to Join for Wife and New born Kid in India

hi,
My GC has been approved last week under EB2. I am planning to apply "Follow to Join" for Wife and Kid who are in India now. Do i need to apply I-824 for both wife and kid? how long this process will take from NSC? Could some one explain flow through from this point till Interview schedule..

I just got my GC approved and not familar with after GC process and Follow to Join process...keep looking the posts here. Please bear with me..

thanks

cmucherla said:
hi,
My GC has been approved last week under EB2. I am planning to apply "Follow to Join" for Wife and Kid who are in India now. Do i need to apply I-824 for both wife and kid? how long this process will take from NSC? Could some one explain flow through from this point till Interview schedule..

I just got my GC approved and not familar with after GC process and Follow to Join process...keep looking the posts here. Please bear with me..

thanks

Hi,

Plz do not be confused with 824. 824 is called 'duplicate of approval notice' in ftj case u file 824 to ask USCIS to send the duplicate 485 approval to consulate at ur home country to confirm them that u got ur status here in US. and ur spouse can follow to join u.

in 824 no info is written about ur spouse or child its u. and ur info.
use seperate paper for ur spouse+child info.

After filling 824 u would receive receipt. many ppl don't wait for approval. usualy they sent
(all Notorized if possible)
824 receipt
G.C copy both side
485 approval
Passport copies all pages of all passport even expired.
485 application / petition copy (ur att should have it)
Your marriage certificate
spouse Birth Certf
cover letter asking to create case for spouse and send them all to consulate.

Additional doc, as many ppl sent to save time. otherwise it will be asked to bring at consulate intervew time and some they would send packets to ur spouse to fill it out.

I-134 support
Empl Letter
Bank letter (read 134 req on form)
W2 (2 yrs)
Tax returns - 2yrs
DS-230 forms signed by ur spouse
Marriage Certf
Spouse Birth Certf
Police clearance Certf
Medical would be done when they ask to do b4 interview

it is advised to read all thread from page 50 - current there are many doc if I am not remembering. (keep in mind, plz that I am waiting for 485 approval , never filed).

Good Luck

Congrats on your wife's approval.. I didn't know they let the principal applicant inside the consulate...

rajinca said:
Thanks for the info.

rajinca said:
Thanks for the info.

I filled I-134 and used following doctors office:

Dr Shakuntala Dawesar/Dr. Bhushan K. Dawesar
G-27. UGF, Ansal Chambers 1
3, Bhikaiji Cama Place, New Delhi 110066

Once you have appointment letter from US consulate, call them to get an appointment. You have to go to two different labs for blood test & X-Ray. They will return report back in two business days

Thanks.

They do let principal applicant accompany beneficiary, at least in N Delhi consulate. I saw many applicants sitting there with their parents, spouse, kids etc.

srini_pvr said:
Congrats on your wife's approval.. I didn't know they let the principal applicant inside the consulate...

I-824 is not required for FTJ cases.

If you have green card and marriage certificate to show that marriage happened before GC approval, you can walk in the consulate and they will create case for your spouse.

You will need following papers:
DS forms
Affidavite of Support I-134
Copy of Green card
Copy of Passport (Both)
Employment Letter
Birth Certificate (Both)
Marriage Certificate
Bank Statements
W2/1040
Paystub

Once they assign case number, your spouse will recieve a letter for personal interview. You will need to submit police certificate, Medical report, photograph, fees along with appointment letter.

Also, you can have one I-134 for your spouse and kids.

cmucherla said:
hi,

thanks

gcwait2003 said:
For a follow to join application, at the consulate they ask for employment letter. If some one knows, and can answer, does it have to be from the original sponsor, the one that is on I 140 ? Considering the fact that the person worked for sponsor only 3 months after gc aproval, and now works for another employer ? I am wondering if the emplyment letter is good from the new employer. Any comments are welcome.
The purpose of employment letter is for Affadavit of support. They are not concerned who filed the I-140.

This should be 125% of poverty level. See the table below.

2004 POVERTY GUIDELINES*
Minimum Income Requirement for Use in Completing Form I-864

For the 48 Contiguous States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam:
Sponsor's Household Size 100% Poverty Line 125% Poverty Line
2 12,490 15,612
3 15,670 19,587
4 18,850 23,562

Add $3,140 for each additional person Add $3,925 for each additional person

Do Children under 21 Qualify for the Follow to Join??

Any one with a similar case please Help

Do Children under 21 Qualify for the Follow to Join???

Hey Guys..
My Dad just got his green card in Jan of 2005... My mom is already here in the Us and we have filed for her i-485... but i have my 2 Bros and 1 Sis back India... all 3 Under 21 Yrs..

Does any one know the Procedure??
Can we file Follow to join for them??
Can we just Apply for one child as the rest are still studying??

Anyone with any advice would be great

Thanks
Salim

Please help!!!

I followed the suggestions from this group and send all the documents (greencard copy, I-485 approval notice....) for my husband's FTJ application in Turkey. The consular returned his application and told they can not open a case for him till I-824 get approved. It seems we are stucked here. The only thing I did was sending TSC fax and ask them to process I-824, since the processing time they announced online has passed 10 months for my application.
Is someone can give me the information from CIS quot of processing FTJ case without I-824 approval?
Thanks for your help.

HI,
Can u plz tell what u did in your case? My situation is becoming like u. I am going to file I-485 and marriage after that. Is it feasible ?

Thanks

yzhang1972 said:
I followed the suggestions from this group and send all the documents (greencard copy, I-485 approval notice....) for my husband's FTJ application in Turkey. The consular returned his application and told they can not open a case for him till I-824 get approved. It seems we are stucked here. The only thing I did was sending TSC fax and ask them to process I-824, since the processing time they announced online has passed 10 months for my application.
Is someone can give me the information from CIS quot of processing FTJ case without I-824 approval?
Thanks for your help.

I beleive doc has been sent by urself. and Turkey embassy ppl are not very cooperative.

Here what can be done if they reply u that they can't

Read the para 'if Post does not exists'

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942053PN.pdf

Where it clearly says they should/must create the case if u provide enough evidence like 'Notorozied G.C card copy" I-551 stamp on passport .

Attorney would be litte costly but trust me they would reply better to him(attorney) than u.

Hope it would help try it and get an attorneyh to send this, explain ur attorney and give it this guideline. if the consular ppl don't care, attorny would deal with them.

Good Luck and best wishes for family re-join.

Thank you very much for your reply. It was my attorney who told me to wait for the I-824 and I don't think he will do anything else other than waiting. That was why I followed suggestions from this thread and tried to get the case done by myself just like others from India.
I guess right now I have to convince my attorney first with this Note and let him send fax to the consolar in Turkey.
After reading through the Note, I felt the section on "9 FAM 42.53 PN1.3 When Principal Adjusts Status" fits my case, since I got my I-485 approval in US. Am I right about this? Please let me know so that I could be more specific when I talk to my attorney.

Thank you.

PrinceofJungle said:
I beleive doc has been sent by urself. and Turkey embassy ppl are not very cooperative.

Here what can be done if they reply u that they can't

Read the para 'if Post does not exists'

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0942053PN.pdf

Where it clearly says they should/must create the case if u provide enough evidence like 'Notorozied G.C card copy" I-551 stamp on passport .

Attorney would be litte costly but trust me they would reply better to him(attorney) than u.

Hope it would help try it and get an attorneyh to send this, explain ur attorney and give it this guideline. if the consular ppl don't care, attorny would deal with them.

Good Luck and best wishes for family re-join.

yzhang1972 said:
Thank you very much for your reply. It was my attorney who told me to wait for the I-824 and I don't think he will do anything else other than waiting. That was why I followed suggestions from this thread and tried to get the case done by myself just like others from India.
I guess right now I have to convince my attorney first with this Note and let him send fax to the consolar in Turkey.
After reading through the Note, I felt the section on "9 FAM 42.53 PN1.3 When Principal Adjusts Status" fits my case, since I got my I-485 approval in US. Am I right about this? Please let me know so that I could be more specific when I talk to my attorney.

Thank you.

Glad to see u noticed and understood, you should show that State.gov website printout to him do mention that this is not pvt party doc. this is gov doc. and what it says.

He would hesitate, not all all but many att don't appreciate if client bring somthing their attention that they are not aware of it.

I am in same boat, My attorney even didn't know what was 824 for? :D and totaly unaware of following to join cases and docs.... he was used to keep telling me since 2+ yrs it would take 3-5 yrs after my approval to bring her here :mad: .... balh blah... One thing I also found that they are more interested to file 130+485 that cost ($$$$) rather than filing one form and consulate. u can guess why. :D not all are like that, few are very honest and straight and do understand that what pain we are going through. not just keep cashing with our fear/doubts and squezing more and more $$ from our hardworking, and don't care about our valueable time we miss and get seperated from our loved-ones.

When I learned here and give him some docs about procedure to read I still remember the expression on his face.... :D then he made 'U' turn. and start calling other clients what he find. :D.

I gave him not to show that what I know about procedure, but I did give him to educate him so he learn the other ways and help other clients who just believed his advise with close eyes.

Anyway don't believe on them 100%. as I shared I am in same boat, with 485 pending, and I am waiting for approval(if God wish :D ). then I would start my struggle to bring her here. :D .

Wish u good luck and even att refuse after all, my exp says $$ works fine for them to do it with smily face :D .

Good Luck

Can we include our wife as a dependent in our tax filing if she is on FTJ ? We were married in May last year and the case is ongoing since septemeber of last year ??

Regards
Srini

Status
Not open for further replies.