Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi son24
Thanks that was very informative. But do you think this will work with the Mumbai Consulate? I have only seen such cases with the Chennai Consulate? Where did you do yours, Chennai or Mumbai? My category is currently retrogressed (EB3) so do not know if this will work.
Please do let me know which consulate you went to in India.
Thanks
Rich

rajinca said:
no need to file I-824 for chennai.. Look at old posts from Misterguy page 70-73

RajinCA
Response from consulate is different for different people. Based on previous posting i understand that there is no need to even file for I-824.

Correct me if wrong.

regards

gc_mushy said:
RajinCA
Response from consulate is different for different people. Based on previous posting i understand that there is no need to even file for I-824.

Correct me if wrong.

regards

Why don't u send all the docs as people suggest and at the same time apply for I-824... I did both... My 824 was approved.. I didn't get any case created and they said they haven't received the approval.. I sent a copy of my 824 approval in the next mail and I had my case created in 2 days after that.. Some others (Son24) had his created around the same time as me but without 824... So, it doesn't hurt to do it together..... Frankly I donno as to whether my 824 approval did it or my docs... But may be both being there helped... Hope this helps......

rich_kennedy said:
Hi son24
Thanks that was very informative. But do you think this will work with the Mumbai Consulate? I have only seen such cases with the Chennai Consulate? Where did you do yours, Chennai or Mumbai? My category is currently retrogressed (EB3) so do not know if this will work.
Please do let me know which consulate you went to in India.
Thanks
Rich

Rich,

Each consulate might work differently, but the overall process is similar.. For specifics you can send an email to them... Frankly this EB-3,2 or 1 is of any thing in the FTJ cases.. My application was an EB-1, and they created case for my wife in E-3 category... I and my lawyer have been calling chennai consulate since and were not even able to talk to the right person who can change it or give a right answer...... so, don't think too much about these retrogression and apply.... your case will be at least started... Good thing is they moved it 2 months in 2 months (PD moved from Jan 01, 2002 to March 01, 2002) from January 05 to March 05......

Hello to Guru's

I am new to this forum..but I like it lot. I read this forum and I almost now whole process of I-824. But I am not sure of the Starting point of I-824.

My History..
I applied GC with the one company.. My I-140 is approved and I-485 is in last stage. Maybe I get my GC is few months. I married last month. I want to bring my wife on immigrant visa. I am on EAD.

Q. I need to wait for Green Card to apply I-824 for my wife or I can do it now?

Q. How long normally it take.

Thanks in advanced if some body can help me ..
AJ

F2J marriage certificate issue..please help!!

Hello Folks,
My marriage date was just a week before my GC approval date. I could register my marriage only after my GC approval date. Here are my questions:

1) given just one week separation between marriage date and approval date, will US Consulate expect extra evidence/documentation during F2J process?

2) Since marriage registration date [not marriage date] is after approval date, will this cause any problems?

Thanks for any info!!

I can apply I-824 now

Hello friend I am same boat like u .. if u can reply to my question I will appricate that..

I applied GC with the one company.. My I-140 is approved and I-485 is in last stage. Maybe I get my GC is few months. I married last month. I want to bring my wife on immigrant visa. I am on EAD.

Q. how I can add my spouse to my I-485 to prove that I married before green card.

What steps I need to follow.

Thanks in advanced

mohdam3 said:
Hello to Guru's

I am new to this forum..but I like it lot. I read this forum and I almost now whole process of I-824. But I am not sure of the Starting point of I-824.

My History..

Q. How long normally it take.

Thanks in advanced if some body can help me ..
AJ

If your spouse is not present in US than

YOu must immidiate update/add your spouse name in ur 485. this will make sure that u did get marriage

if your spouse is present in US and u haven't register ur marriage in court than
without wasting one singe day, go to court and register ur marriage there and get certificate. :D . than file 485 for her as dependant(her) and indicate you as principal applicant. ask attorney for detail.

Good Luck

mohdam3 said:
Hello friend I am same boat like u ..

I believe that his situation is totaly different, he already got approval, and u are wating.

u do have chance to update/add ur spouse name. :D read the actual thread I replied.

Good Luck

paras2 said:
Hello Folks,
My marriage date was just a week before my GC approval date. I could register my marriage only after my GC approval date. Here are my questions:

1) given just one week separation between marriage date and approval date, will US Consulate expect extra evidence/documentation during F2J process?

2) Since marriage registration date [not marriage date] is after approval date, will this cause any problems?

Thanks for any info!!

Even one single day, u married before approval they have to grant F2J benifit to spouse. u must provide doc that support ur claim.

Don't even think about to mention them about marriage register and actual marriage date gap to them. if u are confuse the between tradition /religion cermony with 'Marriage registrar' than use the date ur marriage registered, and don't mention it to them. to support ur claim u would need to prove that u were presented there where marriage accident :D occured and u were marriage-hand-cuffed :D on same date.
You cant make case that u were in US and ur marriage got registered in India/Pak on that day :D . even it is true story but they won't believe.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
yzhang1972 said:
Thanks again.

Here are some more questions.

1. There are several documents will provid by my spouse (birth certificate, DS-230), should I collect all the documents and send them to the embassy or send all documents to spouse and post them in home country? In another words, do I request an immigrant visa for my spouse or the spouse doing it themself?

2. Can someone provide me an sample of cover letter to the consulate? I was not able to find them by searching the posts.

3. Someone mentioned to submit all notarized documents at the beginning, do we have to prepare the same copy of everything and show them to the officer during interview?

Looking for replies. Thank you.

All doc from your side(you in US) should be sent directly to consulate not spouse, u can later send orgs to spouse. if consulate need they would send same/additional forms to ur spouse to fill and send them back. but u don't
don't worry and don't confuse, you are going to ask them initiate case, and they only need now are the basic doc, see below the list.

Ans #1.

Basic doc to send consulate to initiate case are:
1) I-485 approval copy
2) I-551 Stamping or GC Photocopy
3) I-140 approval. copy
4) Passport copies of the you and your spouse
5) Birth certificate spouse
6) Marriage Certificate
7) I-824 Receipt Notice copy
if u have 485 applicant copy do send them to prove about ur marriage and her name is included.

Additional doc, if u like to save time they are not required but I believe some consulate do accept and save ur time , ppl shared that even they sent DS-230 , but the consulate did send packed-3(with same form) and did asked to spouse to fill it out.

other doc are

DS-230s
Her Police Clearance Certf
Empl letter
I-134 notorized
Bank letter
Bank statement
W2
Tax returns (2-3 yrs)

Just send whatever u can, if any doc left in add docs they would ask u/ur spouse to send.

Do Not sent org docs unless u have two same, like bank/emp letter

------------------------------------------------

Ans # 2.
I haven't send any letter but use in simple plain english,

To,
Consulate Name
Immigrant visa divisioon

RE: Request to initiate Following-to-join case for spouse,

Dear sir,

I am sending you this request to initiate Following-to-join case for spouse. my status was recently adjusted as 'Permenenat Residence' on Date:________.

My spouse info are as following:
Name:
Last Name:
Date of birth
Address

Find enclosed doc.
List of doc

1. 485 approval
2. 824 receipt
3. ........

If you have any quesiton plz feel free to contact with me on (Phone/Fax Email)

Thanking you

xyz.
--------------------- correct the spell and grammer plz :D -------

-----------------------------------------------------

Ans:3

send the copies, if u can Notorized all than fine, if not don't worry. all org docs should be carried by your spouse at interview time,

but do send notorized necessary like I-134( if u are sending )
485 approval (Notorized)
824 receipt Noto
Passport iwth I-155 stamp Noto
any approval like 140 Noto.

Good Luck

packet3

Live_Love_Laugh said:
Finally my wife's visa was approved last week in Chennai. No questions asked. Just verified documentation.

GC Approval on 8/6/04.
I-824 receipt date 9/13/04
Letters to consulate 10/11/04
Packet III Received - Early December
Packet IV 1/12/05
Interview 2/25/05

Thanks to this forum for providing enormous information. Especially kudos to the veterans like Mike Cordozza, Misstryguy, wdcpost, WheresMahGreen, GCFeeling, FTJQuest and Asrini.

May God bless you all.

Thanks,
Live_Love_Laugh

Hi,

How many days does it take to get packet3 in mail after receving mail saying packet3 sent to applicant?

Thanks,
quicksilver

usnycus said:
Update:

New Delhi Consulate scheduled interview for 10 Mar.

Update:

Spouse case approved by New Delhi Consulate on 10 Mar. I will post details once I am back in US.

Thanks to all the members who participated in this thread for their valuable input.

do we need to take $65 issuance fee for immigrant visas

Hi,
My wife's interview is scheduled on March 23rd. she has to take 3 DDs (Rs.14,740, Rs.1990, Rs.350 ) . In addition to this 3 DDs, does she need to take one more DD for $65 ?

Chennai consulate website says " A $65 issuance fee for immigrant visas is due ONLY IF it has not already been paid to the National Visa Center"..
do we need to take DD for $65 ?

After visa interview, when we receive passport, do we need to check for immigrant visa stamp in passort (like H4 stapm)?
Thanks,
FTJGreencard

Update

My wife went with all the documents to Consulate yesterday and her case was created same day.

PrinceofJungle said:
Would you like to share the details plz,

Yes here are the details. we submitted following docs.

1) I-797 of I-824, original along with the photocopy.

2) Notarized copy of the Green Card and Passport of the principal applicant.

3) Notarized copy of the I-485 form.

4) Marriage certificate.

5) I-485 and I-140 approval copy

She got the case # and Packet 3 yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.