Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally

Heard the magic word from my wife.. She Got.
I will post the details tomorrow.
Based on what she said the interview was very brief., just two questions regarding GC date and Marriage Date.

Thank you All...
RammyRammy...

Based on what she said the interview was very brief., just two questions regarding GC date and Marriage Date.

Thank you All...
RammyRammy...

Many Congrats Rammy.

Finally the wait is over-Got It

Yes,i too got the magic word Approved from my wife.Finally the wait is over.
I thank you all in this forum for all your help
My special thanks to NJ Blue,rammy,kamrans,HBG2001,agpatti,Judex,mega07 who were with me through out this painful journey.

I will post the details in a day ....

Thanks again,
RM

hi judex

hi people especially judex.. ive been reading ur post for the last 4 days... we have the same case as mine.. i already knew bout follow to join last year but i didnt push thru my application because iam not confident enough until i arrived in this forum.. im really glad ive found this forum especially when i read ur case judex.. my wife and i got married one month after she got her IV, and 2 mos before she left for new york last year november...her visa is EX1 visa...Is it the right time to process now? where theres the retrogression goin on?? and bout the requirements, is I-824 importannt judex? im still starting to file...nd also do u have a lawyer to file for u in manila or ur just on ur own?im really glad ive found ur post... it brightens my day that time... its been 8mos since my wife is in new york..one more thing judex do u have the format of the letter??please help me...thank u guys..

Thank you Kamran

Kamran, I wasn't going to lie to them but should I not tell them that since I had a valid visa from the company, my intentions were to work for them when I went to states but I decided not to later on. This is assuming they ask me pointed questions. Since the company that provided me with work visa couldn't secure a project for me at a later date, so I went to Europe to work there for another company.

Also, i am a beneficiary for the F-1 category, unmarried son over 21. with a priority date in dec 2001.

Thank you and waiting to hear your response

Your situation is a little different. Remember one thing.. dont lie with them in any case. Tell them in short what they are asking. You will find the general questions asked in this thread. Check out this thread and you will find questions. They will not ask you anything that you cannot answer. If the marriage is legitimate then you can answer all the questions so relax and dont worry about it.

Good Luck.

you got PM, call me ASAP!

we have the same case...

judex

hi people especially judex.. ive been reading ur post for the last 4 days... we have the same case as mine.. i already knew bout follow to join last year but i didnt push thru my application because iam not confident enough until i arrived in this forum.. im really glad ive found this forum especially when i read ur case judex.. my wife and i got married one month after she got her IV, and 2 mos before she left for new york last year november...her visa is EX1 visa...Is it the right time to process now? where theres the retrogression goin on?? and bout the requirements, is I-824 importannt judex? im still starting to file...nd also do u have a lawyer to file for u in manila or ur just on ur own?im really glad ive found ur post... it brightens my day that time... its been 8mos since my wife is in new york..one more thing judex do u have the format of the letter??please help me...thank u guys..

Congrats!

Hi rammyrammy and rm101,
Congratulations to both of you! Glad that inspite of the VB debacle your interviews went well and visas have been issued to your spouses.

-HBG2001

Congradulation on the recent approvals,

i have been reading through this forum and plan to do ftj. my 485 is still pending. can anybody advise if i need an attorney for the ftj or shall i do it myself.

This how the interview went.

She reached the consulate by 7 in the morning. And they let all the people in around 7.45am.
Based on what she said most of the IV interviews are for Nurses and there was a frenzy of people with their kids and husbands. Usually consulates give preference to people with kids, she ended up waiting till 10 to submit the initial documents. She offered my most latest docs and other supporting info, but they declined everything and just took the Marriage pics.
And after that she waited till 12:30 before she was called for the interview by the American official. He just asked two questions, when was your marriage Date, where did you get married,and when did your husband get the GC, and after she answered both questions, he returned all the documents after checking the marriage date, and told her that everything looks fine and you will get her passport in a week. Thats about. She asked some kind of receipt or confirmation, and he said they wont give any receipts at the counter.
Thats about it she was out by 1 pm.

Thank you everyone it was such a long journey for me. I know all of us have our horror stories, I owe everything to this group and all the people in here. Because when I started looking into what to do as soon as I got the GC, I was totally clueless, and I completely learned the process about I824, and how to contact the consulate, and what not.

Judex,kamrans, rm, hg one and all than you very much.
It is so unfortunate that the system is working the way it is working now..,
I pray the immigration laws change so that we wont get punished for getting a GC.

mega I wish you good luck. Please don't hesitate to contact if you need any help. kamrans I wish you good luck too. You were very very helpful all along.

Thank you All...
RammyRammy...

Friends,
My wifes interview was very much same as rammy wifes interview.Just that they asked more questions about the place in leave (New england region)

rammy,
Also looks like my wife and your wife were together in the same line all along and based on the details your wife gave to my wife ( She was in canada and submitted docs in Banglore)(Once you mentioned this in forum) i am assuming it was ur wife.

My wife was running fever and was not feeling well.She said she helped her a lot and boosted her morale.

It's amazing that we are friends here in the forum and incidentally they met there ....

I thank you all again for all ur help and valuable suggestions.I will continue to montior the forum and help who need our advice.

Thanks again,
RM

yes, that was my wife. I remember she mentioned about some one from Hyderabad. Thats good to hear. I know my wife was equally tensed .. and
good to hear that she was of help.

I am very happy to make so many good friends in this forum..

Friends,
My wifes interview was very much same as rammy wifes interview.Just that they asked more questions about the place in leave (New england region)

rammy,
Also looks like my wife and your wife were together in the same line all along and based on the details your wife gave to my wife ( She was in canada and submitted docs in Banglore)(Once you mentioned this in forum) i am assuming it was ur wife.

My wife was running fever and was not feeling well.She said she helped her a lot and boosted her morale.

It's amazing that we are friends here in the forum and incidentally they met there ....

I thank you all again for all ur help and valuable suggestions.I will continue to montior the forum and help who need our advice.

Thanks again,
RM

Hey Friends

I need your help

I am in a pretty bad shape cos I got my I485 approved & I thought I was in Adjustment status but to my surprise the card was despatched quickly and I got in a week. Recently I got engaged when i went to India. I didnt expect the green card, but now I have to look for other options..

1. How can I bring my spouse (quicker) in to the united states? What are the possibilities/ways I can bring her?

2. If she has to wait for the Visa number, How long is the wait time (usual wait time)?

3. My Sister and Brother-in-law are US citizens. Will that help in any way?

Please help me.

Thanks
KN96

yes, that was my wife. I remember she mentioned about some one from Hyderabad. Thats good to hear. I know my wife was equally tensed .. and
good to hear that she was of help.

I am very happy to make so many good friends in this forum..

Hi RM101 and Rammy

Congrats! and very happy for you.

Thanks

I need your help

I am in a pretty bad shape cos I got my I485 approved & I thought I was in Adjustment status but to my surprise the card was despatched quickly and I got in a week. Recently I got engaged when i went to India. I didnt expect the green card, but now I have to look for other options..

1. How can I bring my spouse (quicker) in to the united states? What are the possibilities/ways I can bring her?

2. If she has to wait for the Visa number, How long is the wait time (usual wait time)?

3. My Sister and Brother-in-law are US citizens. Will that help in any way?

Please help me.

Thanks
KN96

KN,

Based on your email i understand that you are not married before you got your green card.If that is the case, FTJ is not an option for you .

To qualify for FTJ one should be married before GC approval.

Sister and Brother-in-law will not be of any help ( They can help only for direct relation ship)

I think only optio u have is to get her on FI or HIB.(Couple fo my friends did this with out any problem)

Please check with attorney if there are any other options available other the above mentioned.

Good luck,

Thanks

Hi RM

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have to check with an attorney to find out if there are any other options available. I read about the HR1823 bill. Do you think it will pass any time soon? (Its still in congress. do they have a particular month where they vote for the pending bills?)

Thanks again
KN96

KN,

Based on your email i understand that you are not married before you got your green card.If that is the case, FTJ is not an option for you .

To qualify for FTJ one should be married before GC approval.

Sister and Brother-in-law will not be of any help ( They can help only for direct relation ship)

I think only optio u have is to get her on FI or HIB.(Couple fo my friends did this with out any problem)

Please check with attorney if there are any other options available other the above mentioned.

Good luck,

Hi RM

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have to check with an attorney to find out if there are any other options available. I read about the HR1823 bill. Do you think it will pass any time soon? (Its still in congress. do they have a particular month where they vote for the pending bills?)

Thanks again
KN96

KN,

We really cant predict or depend on these bills.We all went thru this pain from last two years just becouse having the better status

Since FTJ is ruled our for you i would check the forum for those who are married after GC approval.You many not find much info in this forum as this is only for those who are married before GC approval.

I still think best option is either FI or HI.

Wish u good luck and take care

RM

Thanks

Hi RM

I think you are right. But I was reading through those articles on HR1823 and so i thought.. if it has to happen, it has to be pure luck ;-) and I see a lot of petitions signed from 2004, yet the bill is still pending..

Yea FTJ is ruled out.. the problem with F1 is .. the cost of tution fee..(way too much) My sister has a consulting company and may be I can try throught that.. (but the quota for 2008 is already over. I cant believe that ;-) )

Thanks again

KN

KN,

We really cant predict or depend on these bills.We all went thru this pain from last two years just becouse having the better status

Since FTJ is ruled our for you i would check the forum for those who are married after GC approval.You many not find much info in this forum as this is only for those who are married before GC approval.

I still think best option is either FI or HI.

Wish u good luck and take care

RM

Hi RM101 and Rammy

Thanks

Thanks for the good wishes NJ.The wait is finally over.Hope ur wife arrived safely.

Now we may not meet on forum regularly but will keep checking the forum

Thanks and all the best wishes ....
RM

Hi RM101 and Rammy

Thanks

Thanks for the good wishes NJ.The wait is finally over.Hope ur wife arrived safely.

Now we may not meet on forum regularly but will keep checking the forum

Thanks and all the best wishes ....
RM

Status
Not open for further replies.