Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consulates Already released Visa appointments for August based on August VB released on July 17th in which all EB's are unavailable. For example in Chennai there are no EB interviews at all for the month of August.
Again the August 17 deadline is only for Adjustments status Cases in US.

All of us know right, Consular Interviews for Immigrant Visa are set up by consulates and we dont have any say on when they call us for interview.

We can pick a Date to attend for interview for non immigrant Visa's but not for immigrant visa's.

Rammy

Hi all,

I know August visa bulletin shows retrogression but in USA they are accepting the I-485 until August 17th but how about out side the USA in the consulates. Do consulates issue immigrant visas until August 17th or is it going to be only till end of July. Thank you very much.

RM,
My wife didn't Receive the Passport yet.
Did you check your Wifes Passport Delivery Status?

I was reading in the other forum, we can pick up the Passports very Next day evening,at VFS Application Centers, at the Place of interview.

Thanks,
Rammy..

Thanks for the Note rammy.As of last night she did not received the passport.
I think it will take a day or two.

RM,
My wife didn't Receive the Passport yet.
Did you check your Wifes Passport Delivery Status?

I was reading in the other forum, we can pick up the Passports very Next day evening,at VFS Application Centers, at the Place of interview.

Thanks,
Rammy..

rammy,

As of friday evening (In India) my wife did not get the passport.Also when i checked last night the message said it's not handed over to them yet.
This morning the VFS server is down.

I checked with my cousin (They had FTJ interview in june) he said it took 4 days for them to receive the passport after interview.

Also i read in the site that if we dont get by 7 days we can call the help line.

Looks like consulate did not release the passport yet to VFS.

I will wait untill Monday and call them.Also if she gets by tommorow i will post here.You too update if u have any updates.

Thanks,
RM

Your Opinion is needed

Hi Gurus,

Do you think my spouse could apply for H4 visa to come to US or do I need to wait for FTJ. my 485 is still pending. I have a valid H1b petition but no visa stamp. I used advance parole on my last journey.:confused: :confused:

if it is ftj then I think I will be waiting for a very long time.

Hi Gurus,

Do you think my spouse could apply for H4 visa to come to US or do I need to wait for FTJ. my 485 is still pending. I have a valid H1b petition but no visa stamp. I used advance parole on my last journey.:confused: :confused:

if it is ftj then I think I will be waiting for a very long time.

Mirage,

since you already used your travel document your H status is Over.As per my knowledge you dont have the option to apply for H4.

FTJ depends on priority date.If urs is early then it will not take much time to scedule the interview.

thank you rm,

I was hoping to hear a different answer but I guess you are right about the inability to use H4 by spouse once I used ap.

I,ll wait and wait

I hope your wife will get her passport soon. it is encouraging to see people in the final stage of this waiting game.

Mirage,

since you already used your travel document your H status is Over.As per my knowledge you dont have the option to apply for H4.

FTJ depends on priority date.If urs is early then it will not take much time to scedule the interview.

I don't think so. If he is still working at same company, he is in H1 visa. I was in a similar position. I used to AP to enter the country later i applied for H1 extension which was approved. Please consult with lawyer to make sure.

Good Luck

Congratulation to all who got the visa recently.....

Out of frustration, I called TSC again. Not to my surprise I got different answer again :) The rep said since my case was approved just 2 months ago they touched my wife's case last month. She couldn't tell how long it may take.

If they process derivateive case only after primary is approved. what's the point of applying together? Can someone do educated guess how long it may take?

Wife received Passport

rammy,

My wife received her passport along with a sealed cover (On Satday noon IST)

She said date visa issued is 26th July 2007 and exp date is Jan 26th 2007. (6Months)

Looks like they processed the visa paper work on 26th July even though they attended the interview on 24th.

Once ur wife gets the passport can u please confirm the date.

********Posting again .Sorry i said exp date as Jan 2007 .Its Jan 2008.

She said date visa issued is 26th July 2007 and exp date is Jan 26th 2008. (6Months)

Looks like they processed the visa paper work on 26th July even though they attended the interview on 24th.

Once ur wife gets the passport can u please confirm the issue dated[/QUOTE

Congrats.. Finally the last Step is also Over for you.
Looks like they didnt get it yet. It was some bandh on Saturday.
VFS online Still Says they didnt get it yet.. so may be it will be mon for me

********Posting again .Sorry i said exp date as Jan 2007 .Its Jan 2008.

She said date visa issued is 26th July 2007 and exp date is Jan 26th 2008. (6Months)

Once ur wife gets the passport can u please confirm the issue dated[/QUOTE

Congrats.. Finally the last Step is also Over for you.
Looks like they didnt get it yet. It was some bandh on Saturday.
VFS online Still Says they didnt get it yet.. so may be it will be mon for me

Thanks rammy.Looks like there is a lag in the delivary even for some of relatives who attended tourist visa did not receive as of today.

I am sure it will be delivered by monday.

HELP filling out Form

Guys:
I need to file I-824 for my wife, who is NOT in the US and has no way of comming here unless the FTJ is approved. My I-140 is apporived and I-485 is pending (FBI name check:mad: ... am preparing to file Writ of Mandamus for that !)
I need some help with the I-824 form.
In Part 2, what is the reason for request ?
It seems that you cant file unless the I-485 is approved... mine is pending.
Do I check B, C or D ?
In Part 3,Section 1, is
Type of Petition the I-485 or I-140 ?
If it is I-485, I dont have an approval date... does that mean I cant file the form ?
Also, what other documents should be send in ?
- Marraige Certificate ?
- Birth Certificate ?
- Cover Letter ?
Thanks !

Filing I-824 with I-485 pending

Ok gurus please help.
It seems like I can file the I-824 with a pending I-485, but they will only notifiy the consulte once the I-485 has been actually approved.
How can I request the consulate to issue a Packet 3 to my wife so that she can fill out necessary forms ahead of time whilst my GC is processing ?
Is there any consolidate post with instructions on this form ?
Thanks for your help all !

Please help me in urgent

hi!
Every body!!!!!!
I have a question about Join Benefit for Spouse!
Next week, I will go to interview for a Visa in US Consulate in my country under the Category:F1: Unmarried Son and Daughter of US Citizen.
Can I get married immediately after I got the immigration visa?
If I can, Is my spouse eligible for Join Benefit for Spouse ?
I want to get married before entering into US. As I know my brother got green card during 3 months from the first arrival in US, I expect I am the same him.
Please Help me, I want to bring my spouse as soon as possible; she cannot wait for me for along time. I love her deeply!!

Please Help me!

hi!
Every body!!!!!!
I have a question about Join Benefit for Spouse!
Next week, I will go to interview for a Visa in US Consulate in my country under the Category:F1: Unmarried Son and Daughter of US Citizen.
Can I get married immediately after I got the immigration visa?
If I can, Is my spouse eligible for Join Benefit for Spouse ?
I want to get married before entering into US. As I know my brother got green card during 3 months from the first arrival in US, I expect I am the same him.
Please Help me, I want to bring my spouse as soon as possible; she cannot wait for me for along time. I love her deeply!!

Please Help me!

Navin,

Your questions is bit confusing.But here are the rules for being eligible for follow to join benefits.

1) One should be married before getting the
green card.

2)If its in employemnt category once should wait for the priority date to be current.

Please consult an attorney for more possible ways of getting your wife here.

Thanks,

No Defeat Is Final Until You Stop Trying, Here Is My Story

The Words I Borrow From Kamrans, Special Thanks To Kamrans Too
Pd 0ct 2005, Eb3 Nurse
Already In Usa Filed For Wife In Jan 2007
Fighting With Lou Dubbs On Cir, Skill Bill Etc Etc.....
Finally Here Is The June Bulletin Says All R Current
Transfered My File From Abudhabi Embassy To Chennai Consulate(the Biggest Mistake I Ever Did In My Life, I Found It Later With Due Respect To 1000 Million)
All These Visa Bulletin Got Messed Up , Aila Threatening Uscis With Law Suit And Finally Forgetting All Cp Cases And Extended Submission For Aos,
Up On Release Of August Bullettin Contacetd Chennai , They Never Know When They Can Give An Appointment Date
I Called Abudhabi Embassy From Usa, I Was At Work And They Never Answer Phone , During Morning Hours
I Explained My Situation On 20th July ,that I Am Missing This Year Visa Quota Only B Cos Chennai Has No Vacancy For My Visa Interview
Finally She Agreed To Give Me A Chance To Have An Interview In Abudhaby Where I Had My Interview And She Mentioned That They Have Less Than 10 Visa Nos Available With Them
July 22 Sunday My Wife Went To Embassy With Medical N All
I Flew From Us, Reached Embassy 9 Am, By Thay Time She Was Coming Out Of Embassy With Blue Paper Saying Admin Processing N Visa Cant Be Issued , For Citizen Of India I Never Heard Of This , At This Last Moment And I Give Up Almost
I Tried Calling Embassy On Tuesday And Wednesday , And Emails Were Never Answered Too
Me And My Wife Went To Dubai Only For This Interview
Thought Of Making This Trip A Summer Vacation At 47 Degree Centigrade
Thursday Almost Last Working Day For Us As I Have To Return To Usa On Sunday Morning, We Both Went To Embassy Had Additional Documents And I Was Ready For A Long Presentation

Visa Officer Apologise For Delay And Ask Me To Come And Collect Visa In Afternoon 2 Pm

I Am Here In Usa With My Wife Now Thanking All Ftj Crew For Support And Informations

Follow To Join

Congrats...

Wow!!! Congrats... God Bless us all... i'll be in the US in a few days... a new journey for me and my wife... :)

The Words I Borrow From Kamrans, Special Thanks To Kamrans Too
Pd 0ct 2005, Eb3 Nurse
Already In Usa Filed For Wife In Jan 2007
Fighting With Lou Dubbs On Cir, Skill Bill Etc Etc.....
Finally Here Is The June Bulletin Says All R Current
Transfered My File From Abudhabi Embassy To Chennai Consulate(the Biggest Mistake I Ever Did In My Life, I Found It Later With Due Respect To 1000 Million)
All These Visa Bulletin Got Messed Up , Aila Threatening Uscis With Law Suit And Finally Forgetting All Cp Cases And Extended Submission For Aos,
Up On Release Of August Bullettin Contacetd Chennai , They Never Know When They Can Give An Appointment Date
I Called Abudhabi Embassy From Usa, I Was At Work And They Never Answer Phone , During Morning Hours
I Explained My Situation On 20th July ,that I Am Missing This Year Visa Quota Only B Cos Chennai Has No Vacancy For My Visa Interview
Finally She Agreed To Give Me A Chance To Have An Interview In Abudhaby Where I Had My Interview And She Mentioned That They Have Less Than 10 Visa Nos Available With Them
July 22 Sunday My Wife Went To Embassy With Medical N All
I Flew From Us, Reached Embassy 9 Am, By Thay Time She Was Coming Out Of Embassy With Blue Paper Saying Admin Processing N Visa Cant Be Issued , For Citizen Of India I Never Heard Of This , At This Last Moment And I Give Up Almost
I Tried Calling Embassy On Tuesday And Wednesday , And Emails Were Never Answered Too
Me And My Wife Went To Dubai Only For This Interview
Thought Of Making This Trip A Summer Vacation At 47 Degree Centigrade
Thursday Almost Last Working Day For Us As I Have To Return To Usa On Sunday Morning, We Both Went To Embassy Had Additional Documents And I Was Ready For A Long Presentation

Visa Officer Apologise For Delay And Ask Me To Come And Collect Visa In Afternoon 2 Pm

I Am Here In Usa With My Wife Now Thanking All Ftj Crew For Support And Informations

Follow To Join

Status
Not open for further replies.