Follow To Join....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks kamrans,

Assuming it's allowed in our consulate, so you're saying I can file my wife's I-824 now so that my wife could come here sooner, rather than waiting for my I-485 to get approved before filing I-824 right?

That's good news, as that will cut down months of waiting time! So they will process everything (docs, background check etc), and the only thing that they will hold off until my I-485 approval is the handing of the visa to my wife?

But of course if my wife has a pending I-824 already, she can no longer apply for the visitor's visa right?

kidd,

what kamrans is saying, you can file your wife 824 together with your 485, once 485 is approved, 824 will also get approved simultaneously. but! the embassy will not process your wifes papers unless your 485 is approved. you can only submit papers to the embassy in MNL once your 485 is approved. with the visitors visa, you can try it. but i got to warn you, its a 1 is to 10,000 shot, especially if you have a pending petition and your wifes reason for going there is YOU... i got a friend who is Mayor, got lots of money and has a daughter in the US but got denied, what are they thinking??? that's manila :)

judex

Thanks kamrans,

Assuming it's allowed in our consulate, so you're saying I can file my wife's I-824 now so that my wife could come here sooner, rather than waiting for my I-485 to get approved before filing I-824 right?

That's good news, as that will cut down months of waiting time! So they will process everything (docs, background check etc), and the only thing that they will hold off until my I-485 approval is the handing of the visa to my wife?

But of course if my wife has a pending I-824 already, she can no longer apply for the visitor's visa right?

I was one of them who applied I824 in parallel for my spouse. My I485 was approved in May but I485 has not been approved. The online message is still from March when they recieved the RFE.

Unfortunately the US Consulate in my country doesn't process w/o I824 approval.

3 weeks ago Texas Service Center rep (I hope she goes thru the same pain I am going thru some point in her life) told that the Consulate Office was notified. I was so excited and sent the Consulate Office an email and so disappointed to hear they don't have any info. Even asked someone inside the Consulate Office to recheck still no luck.

Anybody here gone through Visa Omega Cable?

kidd,

you can file your wife 824 together with your 485, once 485 is approved, 824 will also get approved simultaneously. but! the embassy will not process your wifes papers unless your 485 is approved.

judex

Okay, I'm sorry, I think I'm just confused with the term "approved I-824". :eek:

Does it mean approved to just BEGIN with the FTJ processing? Or does this mean that the FTJ petition is already approved, and the only thing left to do is to process is my wife's GC papers?

Thanks for bearing with me

Hi kidd,

the visa bulletin for August is out already just minutes ago, its all unavailable though, but the july visa bulletin has been pushed through with all categories available,, time to hurry with God's blessings for all of us here,, Godbless us all,,,

Kidd, my friends here are doing what Kamrans has been telling you,, pass your wife's 1-824 so that you will not be affected with the July 31 fee sched increase.. A visitor visa will be very difficult with you in Manila's embassy, but you can try, there is nothing impossible in GOD. If He allows it nobody can stop us.. right... Thanks be to a very powerful GOD!

Kamrans, how about your wife's case? I am praying for her and I do hope we will go thru together as I can feel we can make it next to Judex and bisdakdreamer... Amen!

Thank you so much, I know you are so busy now, but its good to know you are there to help all of us... this is something I praise and thank God for,, here in this thread we come across wonderful and sincere new friends, even if we haven't met, I know angels are sent to us in persons like you my dear friends here in the thread of FTJ!

I count it as a blessing.. to all of you there, don't lose hope, everything is possible when we all pray and support one another!

Godbless us all!

Simala2006

Okay, I'm sorry, I think I'm just confused with the term "approved I-824". :eek:

Does it mean approved to just BEGIN with the FTJ processing? Or does this mean that the FTJ petition is already approved, and the only thing left to do is to process is my wife's GC papers?

Thanks for bearing with me

I Got My Immigrant Visa...

hi guys!

thank God! i just got my immigrant visa... after more than a year of agony, tears, blood, joy etc... i finally got it! Maraming-Maraming Salamat Po!(Thank You Very Much)...

To all the Pinoys and other Co-Threaders, just send me a private message for all your queries, i'll be busy in a few weeks... Thanks!

God Bless Us All....

Judex

Kamrans,

That is good then. Actually, after waiting for 3 months, which is general time frame set by consulate, my wife still got nothing from them. I already looked for the help from lara bush and senator. lara bush just simply transferred my request to DOS,the chief of immigrant department answered my question in a kind of offical manner. Senator then directly contacted consulate, we eventually received mail from senator, which there was similar information we had directly from consulate. We could contact these people too early (just after waiting for 3 months). Right now, my wife has been waiting for over 6 months. I just feel tough with that. it seems that we can do nothing but pray for God. I don't know how long is going to wait. Thank you very much. Your comments help me a lot.

It means that your repeated emails will do something and you will get the answer sooner or later. I have seen some group in Yahoo having all the information about the name check. There is another thread here in immigration portal too.
Some people worked it out by writing to lara bush or USCIS Ombudsman etc. I have some information that I will forward to the thread sometime later.

Good Luck.

Bon Voyage kababayan Judex!

Congratulations again judex! Thanks for helping my husband,,, Welcome to USA! It will not be the end of your journey, it is just beginning... life here is not that easy, but I still believe you and your wife together will be much better than being far apart! United you stand! See you soon...

Thanks God for answered prayers

hi guys!

thank God! i just got my immigrant visa... after more than a year of agony, tears, blood, joy etc... i finally got it! Maraming-Maraming Salamat Po!(Thank You Very Much)...

To all the Pinoys and other Co-Threaders, just send me a private message for all your queries, i'll be busy in a few weeks... Thanks!

God Bless Us All....

Judex

Thanks...

thanks simala... soon you will have your turn... :) God Bless...

Congratulations again judex! Thanks for helping my husband,,, Welcome to USA! It will not be the end of your journey, it is just beginning... life here is not that easy, but I still believe you and your wife together will be much better than being far apart! United you stand! See you soon...

Thanks God for answered prayers

Hi,

Can some one answer this please.

After completing the interview at chennai, what all are the documents consulate will retun us to hand? What all the other docs they will mail in post along with original passport?

Thanks,

RM

Help please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gurus,

Would be able to advice, how do I prepare ofr the interview. I have it coming up soon.

I have visited twice on an h1b visa sponsored by a company I am not actively working for to US for about a week each time. I have been working in Europe for another company.

Will they ask me regarding my previous visits to US and on what context and will it create any problems for immigration

Thank yo uin advance

Good News

USCIS is still accepting the 485 applications and they will continue to accept it till August 17th. This is posted on major immigration web sites.
This means that until August 17th the consulates will continue to process FTJ applications. So stay calm and pray. This is good news and makes sense how the visa numbers are available.

Good Luck.

Follow on to Join

USCIS is still accepting the 485 applications and they will continue to accept it till August 17th. This is posted on major immigration web sites.
This means that until August 17th the consulates will continue to process FTJ applications. So stay calm and pray. This is good news and makes sense how the visa numbers are available.

Good Luck.

Kamrans,
Thanks for infomration , it was good news for all the to be immigrent community.
Is this mean chennai consulate( any other consulate) will accept and call the people for interview.
My GC approved last month ( PD2001), i 824 ( pedning from June 2004) and I have sent all req. detials to chennai consulate on July 14 th 2007 ( after seeing advices from you , and spoke to consulate who told me also to send the document to initiate the case) .

Can you please advice :
Will they accpet our application and start processing like calling interviews ect before they clsoe down in Aug 16 th. z?

thanks
Puskar

Congrats Judex and bon voyage Judex! :) I hope you would still drop by this board from time to time to help us who are still in the dark hehe :)

Hi,

Can some one answer this please.

After completing the interview at chennai, what all are the documents consulate will retun us to hand? What all the other docs they will mail in post along with original passport?

Thanks,

RM
Hi,

In our case, they have returnted marriage certificate, birth ceritificate, e-mails , greeting cards and wedding photos. The kept the remaing documents.

Thanks

Hi,

In our case, they have returnted marriage certificate, birth ceritificate, e-mails , greeting cards and wedding photos. The kept the remaing documents.

Thanks

Thanks NJ.After the interview they will not give medicals and sealed cover to us? Will they mail in courier along with passport?

Hope your wife arrived safely with out any problem?

Thanks NJ for your response

RM

Hello Guys,
After get the FTJ visa and landed in US, Immigration officers intiated for SSN and GC, anyone have an idea how long it takes to recieve it.
MK

IV Fees

rammy or any other on forum,

As of today (July 19th) the exchange rate on the chennai consulate is 42 dollors.So we are going to take a DD for 380 dollors @ 42 rupees.

Can any confirm this.

Thanks,
RM

Status
Not open for further replies.