FBI Name Checks!!

doorsers said:
Dear Lazer, I got a question for you. I've been sitting with recommended approval letter for 2 years now, congressmen and USCIS status letters didn't do any good. Wait for clearance was the answer....that's it.
What my chances if I sue USCIS in Miami for prolongation? Recommended aproval letter says they have to do the check 1 to 386 days...Your thoughts on this guys?

Hi Brother

Do u have a lot of time for sueing USCIS, and are u sure you can do some achive
I have been waiting for a long years then you have done.

My reccomendation for you brother, just be optimistic and keep talking and writing to USCIS and High rank people

God Bless Everyone

What Happened?

I actually had my N-400 interview on July 5, 2006 in Memphis. The DHS officer looked throught he file and realized that the FBI name check had not come back. He informed me that this is the FBI's problem and that the CIS can;t do much about it. However, I have a question. In 2004, I was convicted of a misdemeanor D (Implied Conscent) which I indicated in my application and was also revealed during the FBI fingerprint check. It was not an issue with the officer. However, i was wondering whether the offense (even as it is expunged) would pop up during the FBI name check as a "hit" and would require manual checking. Does anybody know?

Hi. Nobody responded to you but I'd like to know what happened with your case if you don't mind?

Hello everyone!

This pertains to N-400 (application for naturalization). Are they now scheduling interviews in Miami for folks who may not even have cleared the FBI name check yet? Or, if you get interviewed, you can safely assume that the name check has already been completed? In other words, does getting interviewed (Miami District Office) automatically imply that the name check has been completed and will not hold up your processing? Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Rajiv.

Hello everyone!

This pertains to N-400 (application for naturalization). Are they now scheduling interviews in Miami for folks who may not even have cleared the FBI name check yet? Or, if you get interviewed, you can safely assume that the name check has already been completed? In other words, does getting interviewed (Miami District Office) automatically imply that the name check has been completed and will not hold up your processing? Please advise.

Thanks in advance!

Rajiv.

REad the post just above yours mister.... the guy was interviewed and yet the FBI hasn't cleared him.

This is an old thread but it came up when I was searching for something else on this board. Hopefully your case has already been approved by now. Just to clarify for others who may run into similar problems:

FBI fingerprint check and FBI name check are two completely different processes. A criminal record, even if expunged successfully, will still show up during fingerprint check. But it is not the reason for your name check hit, unless of course FBI investigated this case which is highly unlikely in this case. A person with absolutely no criminal records can still get stuck in the name check process for years, because someone else with a similar name is in the FBI's central record system.

I actually had my N-400 interview on July 5, 2006 in Memphis. The DHS officer looked throught he file and realized that the FBI name check had not come back. He informed me that this is the FBI's problem and that the CIS can;t do much about it. However, I have a question. In 2004, I was convicted of a misdemeanor D (Implied Conscent) which I indicated in my application and was also revealed during the FBI fingerprint check. It was not an issue with the officer. However, i was wondering whether the offense (even as it is expunged) would pop up during the FBI name check as a "hit" and would require manual checking. Does anybody know?

Dear
I am DV lottery winner, my case is pending for the name check, will i be able to contact the email asking for my status?

thank you

what is the Security check means?

One of my friends stock in secutity check all most years and half what he needs to do?Do you guys have any idea? Please send your exprience.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is the Security check means?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my friends stock in secutity check all most years and half what he needs to do?Do you guys have any idea? Please send your exprience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey ,,guys ..Im new to this website I found it so intersting ...I got recommended aproval f for my case as a political asyle ...and they said :I need to wait for the backgraound check..so how long this usually take ..and at the meaning time can I apply for taravel decument befor I get the final approval .
thanks

hey ,,guys ..Im new to this website I found it so intersting ...I got recommended aproval f for my case as a political asyle ...and they said :I need to wait for the backgraound check..so how long this usually take ..and at the meaning time can I apply for taravel decument befor I get the final approval .
thanks

Man they have been ignoring Asylum cases and are busy working on N-400 cases. As far as background check is concerned, no one knows how long it can take... name check is the step that fu**s up so many.

I also had my Bio done in the beginning of October and nothing changed in the status of my case after that. Should have they changed it or no? I am concerned if Nebraska received my Bio at all. I called them several times and nobody says anything useful...

Asylum Approved: 08/01
ND: 08/02
FP: 07/04
Bio: 10/05

GOO SEE CONGRESS MAN THEY CAN HELP U RIGHT AWAY
I HAD SAME PROB
gool luk

FBI Fingerprint Check
After submitting an immigration petition, the applicant will receive a fingerprint notice. The applicant is required to go to a nearby USCIS facility and have fingerprints, signature and photo taken. The information is then transmitted to the FBI to check for any criminal records. This is another quick process, and result is usually sent back to the USCIS within 24 - 48 hours.

However, if one’s fingerprint matches a record, the FBI will forward an electronic copy of the criminal history (RAP sheet) to USCIS. An immigration officer will then review the information to see what effects it may have on the particular case. In case of previous arrests or charges, it is important to consult an attorney to ensure the accuracy of information in I-485 Adjust of Status applications.

The USCIS finger print notices will contain a code number, which represents what information is to be collected:

Code 1: 10 fingerprints
Code 2: Thumb finger print, photo and signature
Code 3: 10 fingerprints, photo and signature (code 1 + code 2)

Do not miss the fingerprint appointment. If you can’t make it, call the phone number in the notice to reschedule. If you didn’t receive the notice and got a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID), respond before the deadline to explain your situation. Sometimes you may want to do the fingerprints early, and most service centers will allow walk-in if they are not busy. But make sure you bring the notice, which will be stamped and given back to you as a receipt.

The USCIS may request a second or third fingerprint appointment during the I485 process. The reason is that fingerprint results do expire, and USCIS still lose or misplace files. It is not uncommon for an applicant to do a code 3 fingerprint check, then just a few months later asked to do another one. Sometimes the last fingerprint check is mainly for supplying a digital photo in order to produce the green card; unfortunately this is not always the case.

Fingerprint checks are performed by the FBI's Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) in West Virginia. Our "How to contact USCIS and FBI" page lists their main phone number, but it is only useful to check whether FP was completed (not the actual results). Also note that fingerprint check is totally different from the FBI name check discussed below.

Asylum interview

hi friends hope all are good and well... please help me that after fingerprint how much time interview takes and if someone is not near to one of the eight asylum offices then how much time takes the interview letter to recieve.....your help will be highly appreciated....thanks and bye:)

Who is still stuck in name check?

Who else is stuck in the name check process? I have been waiting for my name check clearance for 11 months.
Are they ignoring asylum applications because they are busy on I485 and N400?
Or do they treat all applications the same?

Please share your openions, or experience?