FBI Name Checks!!

Lazerthegreat said:
No! this only signies some new material (your Finger prints) has become a part of your file once more.

My LUD didn't changed after I did BIO. LUD changed next month when CIS recieved my RFI. Is there any problem when LUD not changes after BIO?

AG 06/01
ND 09/02
RFI rec 08/05
BIO 09/05
RFI done10/05

accountant said:
My LUD didn't changed after I did BIO. LUD changed next month when CIS recieved my RFI. Is there any problem when LUD not changes after BIO?

AG 06/01
ND 09/02
RFI rec 08/05
BIO 09/05
RFI done10/05

No...

Lazerthegreat said:
anna! why didn't you apply for GC in 1999? why you waited a year more? :cool:

Good question Lazer, I don't know myself... I guess I didn't have the money for all the fees...

Btw, did anyone recive any replies on the inquiries from the FBI name checks or FP checks? I haven't yet. :mad:

Hi Guys..

I ve just came back from USCIS office. I made and Infopass appointment to ask why my case is taking longer to be approved than the average of the cases that are being processesing in my Local Office.

They told me that they cannot complete my case in the normal time due my Name check is still pending ( my fingerprints were cleared the same day that i submitted them).

Now its been 3 months since i did my biometrics/fingerprints.

Questions:
1)IS NORMAL THAT THE NAME CHECK IS STILL PENDING 3 MONTHS LATER?
2) WHATS THE AVERAGE TIME TO HAVE YOUR NAME CHECK CLEANED?

I am a guy from south america and have an uncommon german surname.....

Ill appreciate any kind of answers.

thanks so much!

Nothing changed

I also had my Bio done in the beginning of October and nothing changed in the status of my case after that. Should have they changed it or no? I am concerned if Nebraska received my Bio at all. I called them several times and nobody says anything useful...

Asylum Approved: 08/01
ND: 08/02
FP: 07/04
Bio: 10/05

Namecheck is initiated with the Biographic information and not with fingerprints

Lazerthegreat said:
Namechecks are automatically initiated as soon as you do your finger printing. The FBI database is checked and if there is no "hit" then it is sent to CIS as "cleared". This scenario usually takes just 48 hours. However if there is a "hit" then officer has to sit down and do a manual research. This can take 120 days depending on their case load.

No you won't receive any emails that you have been cleared. You only recieve emails when an officer opens your file (a database record) and initiates some request but only if you have "turned on" email in your login.
Dear Lazer, I am sorry but I have to confront with you.
I can tell you that your logic of " automatic initiation of the name check with the fingerprinting" is incorrect. You also replied to ' GCVARUMA' that the LUD "On xxx the results of your fingerprint review ...were received and the processing has resumend on your case" means that " name check is initiated". This is also incorrect.
I can tell you this from my experience. I and my spouse were fingerprinted and the LUD for both us displayed the same message as above. But lateron when we were interviewed, the officer told us that my spouse's FBI clearance had come through whereas my did not.
Now as per your logic if this LUD means the initiation of name check then the name check should have initiated for both of us, which was not the fact.
As I understand the USCIS sends requests for name check in certain cases based upon the biographic information provided to them ( I 325) and it has independant of fingerprinting review which is performed to check the matching prints with criminal records.

civil cover sheet for 1447b case

folks, who knows which box to check in section IV -nature of suit for 1447b case? Is it 890 - Other statutory actions?
Thanks.

fbi name checks

annaraka said:
today i confirmed with an immigration officer that my security clearence went through..

asylum granted:december 23 2003
nd:january 21 2004
case transferred from nsc to tsc:january 17 2006
rfi recieved febuary 27th 2006
rfi recieved by tsc march 8th 2006
biometrics code 3 done on march 2nd 2006
biometrics sent to tsc on march 2nd 2006
name check went through march 2nd 2006
lud:may 24th

Misdemeanor, a "hit" in an FBI name check?

I actually had my N-400 interview on July 5, 2006 in Memphis. The DHS officer looked throught he file and realized that the FBI name check had not come back. He informed me that this is the FBI's problem and that the CIS can;t do much about it. However, I have a question. In 2004, I was convicted of a misdemeanor D (Implied Conscent) which I indicated in my application and was also revealed during the FBI fingerprint check. It was not an issue with the officer. However, i was wondering whether the offense (even as it is expunged) would pop up during the FBI name check as a "hit" and would require manual checking. Does anybody know?

Last edited by a moderator:
Never experienced, but...

Hi everyone

Sorry, I never experienced this kind of issue, When I heard first time "FBI name check", I was upset, I did nothig wrong hear, it was like influencing someone's life to me by FBI. I am this kind of person, want to be freedom anywhere, any time...But after I read everything about FBI name check, and realize 9/11 I undersant it is necessary.
MY Asylum case haven't been sent immigration court yet for 2.5 years( it is unfair isn't it), might be my name isn't checked yet by FBI or INS lost my case or they(FBI) are still following me becouse of I am muslum...
Only God knows

Good luck everyone

saber2005 said:
today i confirmed with an immigration officer that my security clearence went through..

asylum granted:december 23 2003
nd:january 21 2004
case transferred from nsc to tsc:january 17 2006
rfi recieved febuary 27th 2006
rfi recieved by tsc march 8th 2006
biometrics code 3 done on march 2nd 2006
biometrics sent to tsc on march 2nd 2006
name check went through march 2nd 2006
lud:may 24th

Did the officer tell you what they are waiting for if your clearence went through? They are approving employment-based I-485 a lot these days over in Texas, but asylees are stucked indefinetely.

Fbi Faq

I don't know if anyone has already posted this FAQ link by national name check program, FBI. I saw it yesterday and thought it would be good to post it here. It basically says that nothing ( including contacting senators, obtaining answer under FOIA...) helps unless USCIS requests for expedited handling of your case nothing will make it faster :(

http://www.fbi.gov/page2/nationalnamecheck.htm

FBI name check

My case is even worst...I have been married since january 2003 and got my interview in may2004 (28 months)...I'm still waiting for the FBI name check since then...Please let me know if anybody have any information concerning that issue...It feels like my life is on hold...

ytaghlabi said:
My case is even worst...I have been married since january 2003 and got my interview in may2004 (28 months)...I'm still waiting for the FBI name check since then...Please let me know if anybody have any information concerning that issue...It feels like my life is on hold...

You are clearly eligible to file a lawsuit against the agency. And I would recommend it IF you have explored every other avenue. Have you talked to your congressman yet?

hi there,

i have a question.

I had my biometrics taken on october 2005.and don't have any update on my case since then.as you know that FP is valid for 15 months so if i don't get my GC before my FP expires will I have to do it again?

and if I do it again will i have to wait for name check to be cleared again?

I spoke to an IO today and she told me she will inquire my case,do you think that will help?

thanks in advance

Lazerthegreat said:
You are clearly eligible to file a lawsuit against the agency. And I would recommend it IF you have explored every other avenue. Have you talked to your congressman yet?

Dear Lazer, I got a question for you. I've been sitting with recommended approval letter for 2 years now, congressmen and USCIS status letters didn't do any good. Wait for clearance was the answer....that's it.
What my chances if I sue USCIS in Miami for prolongation? Recommended aproval letter says they have to do the check 1 to 386 days...Your thoughts on this guys?